Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: fully synthetic engine oils PSO vs Shell vs Total vs Caltex. which one and why?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile fully synthetic engine oils PSO vs Shell vs Total vs Caltex. which one and why?

    as the title indicates i wanna know which one is the best available fully synthetic engine oils for 1zr-fe in the market? help will be appreciated from the ones who have tried all of them and then reach to the conclusion

    Click here for SOLUTION


    Similar Threads:

  2. #41
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Yar iska i dont know. I guess google krna parega tmhn
    This i know , Shell has got no authorised distributors in Peshawar.
    yar i wish we had genuine imported brands here too :/

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxud1 View Post
    yar i wish we had genuine imported brands here too :/
    Yar hote hunge. there are many PWs from peshawar here, ask them.

    And wese bhi ab Imran Khan agaya hai na

  4. #43
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Yar hote hunge. there are many PWs from peshawar here, ask them.

    And wese bhi ab Imran Khan agaya hai na
    hahahaha yara post to kar diya hai lekin i guess kisi peshawrite ko batane ki taufeek ab tak nahi mili :/

  5. #44
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,259
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxud1 View Post
    hmmm yar i had about 3 liters of total quartz 9000 5w-30 left over.. i replenished the remaining 0.25liters from this oil..
    its ok to mix another oil as I think quartz 9000 is also fully synthetic....next time buy 1 liter pack for backup or u can use this remaining quartz 9000 for another add-up on next oil service
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    han94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I use Mobil Super 2000 x2 10w40 semi synthetic oil in my corolla 2009 1.3L, what would be the recommended change interval for it.
    Secondly I use Shell HX7 5w30 in my City 2012, what would be the change interval for that, keeping in mind that the City has a lot of highway driving.

  7. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,897
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    yep for Pakistan environment 7-8000km or check oil dipstick of oil viscosity
    So, for environment of karachi, is anything below 20/50 acceptable? If I talk about my liana driven over 100k km on cng, what do u suggest?

  8. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    anybody using imported oils like mobil 1 or liqui moly how'd they compare it with local brands like shell,caltex and Pso

  9. #48
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,259
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    So, for environment of karachi, is anything below 20/50 acceptable? If I talk about my liana driven over 100k km on cng, what do u suggest?
    yes below 20w50 like 10w40 is also fine for ur liana but this threads is about fully synthetic oil the one u r using is 20w50 is mineral oil change interval is 5000km
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  10. #49
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,259
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxud1 View Post
    anybody using imported oils like mobil 1 or liqui moly how'd they compare it with local brands like shell,caltex and Pso
    m using liqui moly 5w40 synthoil fully synthetic in my markx cant tell the difference coz m using it for last 4 years....its hard to find in 1 liter only available in 4 liter n also quite exp compare to local brand.....shell ultra 5w40 oil is imported but packing done locally also caltex gold pack fully synthetic is imported but cheaper than liqui moly n mobil 1
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  11. #50
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,259
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by han94 View Post
    I use Mobil Super 2000 x2 10w40 semi synthetic oil in my corolla 2009 1.3L, what would be the recommended change interval for it.
    Secondly I use Shell HX7 5w30 in my City 2012, what would be the change interval for that, keeping in mind that the City has a lot of highway driving.
    semi synthetic can go upto 6000km but always check ur oil dipstick if theres viscosity at 5000km+.....for honda city 5000km is change interval
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  12. #51
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    whats wrong with it being packed in Pakistan - as long as it carries a SHELL brand, UPC and also is warranted by shell who are locally in Pakistan then whats wrong?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  13. #52
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    whats wrong with it being packed in Pakistan - as long as it carries a SHELL brand, UPC and also is warranted by shell who are locally in Pakistan then whats wrong?
    so the conclusion should be its okay to stick with local brands as far as fully synthetic oils are concerned all the local brands are more or less the same in terms of quality. and i think one should also check the Pso's quality for synthetic oils cuz i got to the point that the majority of people haven't even tried pso's oil and they are blaming Pso for providing low quality

  14. #53
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,259
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    whats wrong with it being packed in Pakistan - as long as it carries a SHELL brand, UPC and also is warranted by shell who are locally in Pakistan then whats wrong?
    nothing wrong with locally pack just telling them that these r good oil as imported brand....m using shell il in 3 cars
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  15. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,835
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    umm I don't know 20w50 give good pick coz wen I changed my bro altis 1.6 a/t to 5w40 fully synthetic the pick got better n much better fuel consumption.....wont recommend other to use 20w50 mineral oil for newer engine
    Sir actually Maxud was saying that in new cars pick up is good and Toyota said they pour perhaps Petron.
    I said Petron is actually 20w-50. And using thicker oil in new cars will increases the pickup. Though the fuel consumption will be little higher too.
    And hence I put little light according to my experience.
    I actually did not ask him to use 20w-50 for new car. But infact this is what Toyota is already doing. Hope clear.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  16. #55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,259
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir actually Maxud was saying that in new cars pick up is good and Toyota said they pour perhaps Petron.
    I said Petron is actually 20w-50. And using thicker oil in new cars will increases the pickup. Though the fuel consumption will be little higher too.
    And hence I put little light according to my experience.
    I actually did not ask him to use 20w-50 for new car. But infact this is what Toyota is already doing. Hope clear.
    it doesn't make sense wen u used thicker oil give ur car better pick-up...in fact lighter oil give good pick up with gud fuel consumption....anyhow Toyota Indus stopped 20w50 for Altis 1.6 two years back n they were offering petron 5w30 fully synthetic but I wanted different brand so I switched to shell ultra fully synthetic...check the petron oil range below

    Lubricants | Toyota Indus
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  17. #56
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    it doesn't make sense wen u used thicker oil give ur car better pick-up...in fact lighter oil give good pick up with gud fuel consumption....anyhow Toyota Indus stopped 20w50 for Altis 1.6 two years back n they were offering petron 5w30 fully synthetic but I wanted different brand so I switched to shell ultra fully synthetic...check the petron oil range below

    Lubricants | Toyota Indus
    Toyota still pours 20w50 when it gets the chance. Friend's car was a subject to that.
    Use the japanese toyota oil available easily in the market. That one is better

  18. #57
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salik990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,259
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Toyota still pours 20w50 when it gets the chance. Friend's car was a subject to that.
    Use the japanese toyota oil available easily in the market. That one is better
    yes u cant trust the Toyota dealer but if u know someone in Toyota dealer u can get Toyota fully synthetic from them too
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

  19. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    yes u cant trust the Toyota dealer but if u know someone in Toyota dealer u can get Toyota fully synthetic from them too
    Yes but normally logon ko itna pata bhi nae hota cheezun ka nd na he unki jaan pehchaan hoti hai.

    They just give their cars to toyota k "company ko di hai, sahi he kaam krenge"
    I have had bad experience with toyota in karachi.

    Nd Company maintained cars men sub se zada dandi maarte hain ye log

  20. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,835
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    yes u cant trust the Toyota dealer but if u know someone in Toyota dealer u can get Toyota fully synthetic from them too
    Sir last evening I had a short visit to Toyota garden motors. They have one of biggest show rooms of Toyota in Lahore (Perhaps the biggest one). I asked their general manager that what oils comes in new Toyota cars like Corolla, Altis, Fortuner, etc.
    Guess what, he didn't know it even. He took my contact number and said he will call me and tell this information. lol
    Then he started marketing by saying that they have biggest stock of Toyota oils from Indus motors and also imported one from Japan. Etc. etc. and I guess he was just trying to cover himself from the question I asked.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  21. #60
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maxud1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Yes but normally logon ko itna pata bhi nae hota cheezun ka nd na he unki jaan pehchaan hoti hai.

    They just give their cars to toyota k "company ko di hai, sahi he kaam krenge"
    I have had bad experience with toyota in karachi.

    Nd Company maintained cars men sub se zada dandi maarte hain ye log
    you are absolutely right .. toyota dealerships rip people off .. like seriously minimum two times expensive than the local market and the oil that they give via petron SL not SN similarly for diesel the scenario is even worst they provide Dezon which is CF like seriously one's gonna pour the CF grade oil in new turbo charged diesel engines :/ atleast it should've been CH grade for diesels..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •