Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bango

Thread: Chevrolet Matiz 2008 model buying Descion Help?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chevrolet Matiz 2008 model buying Descion Help?

I am confused in Buying Chevrolet Matiz (Spark) imported version which is 1000cc and Airbag, ABS etc The price tag is 7 Lakh and almost 80,000 Km driven, It should be consider with below priority. I have to remain on the car for at least next 3 year, Spares, maintenance availability in Lahore, etc plz help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I found following members with lots of struggle, Brother plz help me for Matiz @smartshaggy @zeeshan6 @bango @doctormarshad @hank007 @wik_a

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

don't go for it, no market and no parts
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not recommended

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Spares are available but expensive. The resale is extremely low. And the drive is rubbish wrt the price.

Plus you're paying a lot for it.

The price you're paying is the price of a 1999-2002 Toyota Vitz, find a nice one and you'll be happy for the tenure you keep it. It has very cheap maintenance, and is a really sturdy car - good for occassionally going over those brick sized cateyes without getting a heartattack. The spares are abundant in used car market and are cheap. Plus it doesn't have any known issues if run on petrol.

The trick is to find a good unabused one. Try finding one on petrol. Should give you 13kmpl in city and around 16 on highway. Comes equipped with ABS, Airbags, Power Steering, Power Windows, decently spacious and stable at 100kmph unlike many locally available cars.

If airbags and ABS and power steering and power windows aren't your key concerns, then you can find a pretty new-ish cultus in this price. Use it, abuse it, and it'll sell within 30 minutes.

You can stretch your budget a little and get a decent 2004-5 City - bigger car, boot, cheap maintenance and repairs especially used car parts, drives wonderful and gives a very decent petrol average both locally and on highway.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    I am confused in Buying Chevrolet Matiz (Spark) imported version which is 1000cc and Airbag, ABS etc The price tag is 7 Lakh and almost 80,000 Km driven, It should be consider with below priority. I have to remain on the car for at least next 3 year, Spares, maintenance availability in Lahore, etc plz help
    Bro i am using chevrolet spark from 2010 and till now done 115k and no problem at all.comfortable car better drive than cultus alto santro etc...
    Before spark i have chevrolet joy from 2006 to 2010 total driven 146 k and it never disappointed me any way...
    Spark is a good car spares available at chevrolet platinum motors and lakhvi autos at montgomry road ...and you properly maintain your car , doing peroidic maintaince at time .then there will be no problem...
    Its better if you bring the car to chevrolet platinum and checked by there mechanic.they will tell you the car is worth buying or not....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

take test drive if you like go for it and if your care about resale don't go for it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I really dont know what to say ..but i have Chevorlet 2004 overall good condition .. good car overall but dear parts are expensive... my wiring was burnt due to stupid mechanic i replaced it instead of repair i dont like repairing mostly i replace original parts in my car. the Wiring fuse box it cost me 17500 rupees complete wiring including Fuse box labor cost 2000 rupees .. alto fuse box was available at 4000 rupees some parts are normal cost but most parts are way too expensive .. i would not suggest you ..dude .. i know its good car but still parts is a prob they are available but at insane price

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More over at Ebay the fuse box price is max 50$ dollar mean 5000 max .. here in pakistan 17500 rupees.. why because Chevrolet parts are short and not available at all stores so you know " Majboori ka faida" pakistanis are expert in it thats the dealer says to me "jo short hoo us per bhi faida na kamaye tu kia kare"

i would not recommend you dude.. dont buy that car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Parts are always price higher at showrooms you can get parts from auto market shops easily in lahore
    As i changed my front shocks of spark .orginal gm shocks cost about 20k but from outside i got chines make @7 k which are equally good .anyhow its personal choice i prefer smooth ,comfortable and tention free drive rather calculating resale .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    Spares are available but expensive. The resale is extremely low. And the drive is rubbish wrt the price.

Plus you're paying a lot for it.

The price you're paying is the price of a 1999-2002 Toyota Vitz, find a nice one and you'll be happy for the tenure you keep it. It has very cheap maintenance, and is a really sturdy car - good for occassionally going over those brick sized cateyes without getting a heartattack. The spares are abundant in used car market and are cheap. Plus it doesn't have any known issues if run on petrol.

The trick is to find a good unabused one. Try finding one on petrol. Should give you 13kmpl in city and around 16 on highway. Comes equipped with ABS, Airbags, Power Steering, Power Windows, decently spacious and stable at 100kmph unlike many locally available cars.

If airbags and ABS and power steering and power windows aren't your key concerns, then you can find a pretty new-ish cultus in this price. Use it, abuse it, and it'll sell within 30 minutes.

You can stretch your budget a little and get a decent 2004-5 City - bigger car, boot, cheap maintenance and repairs especially used car parts, drives wonderful and gives a very decent petrol average both locally and on highway.
    Thanks a lot brother I have 10 Lakh budget and more I searched more I confused, just my mind is not accepted a 8 year old car and a car which is 1 lakh km driven, M satisfied in a car which is less than 5 year old and below 60-70k km driven, I search City but not found a clean ride, I prefer 2008 IDSI but the clean ride demand is 11+,Then I change my mind to 2007/08 Vitz, which currently i am searching...dealers cars, 1 lakh + driven, fraude, etc
    After reading "Pak suzuki Wagon R" my thinking shift to Wagon R just because of Fuel economy and cheap maintenance..
    Kuch samajh nai aa raha...
    Sometimes my mind go towards Honda city brand new bank lease plan...
    dont know what will be happen but I need a sakoon car which dont need any machanic visit atleast next 2 years...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    Thanks a lot brother I have 10 Lakh budget and more I searched more I confused, just my mind is not accepted a 8 year old car and a car which is 1 lakh km driven, M satisfied in a car which is less than 5 year old and below 60-70k km driven, I search City but not found a clean ride, I prefer 2008 IDSI but the clean ride demand is 11+,Then I change my mind to 2007/08 Vitz, which currently i am searching...dealers cars, 1 lakh + driven, fraude, etc
    After reading "Pak suzuki Wagon R" my thinking shift to Wagon R just because of Fuel economy and cheap maintenance..
    Kuch samajh nai aa raha...
    Sometimes my mind go towards Honda city brand new bank lease plan...
    dont know what will be happen but I need a sakoon car which dont need any machanic visit atleast next 2 years...
    Why not you consider Faw V2? The 1.3 car comes in your budget and it will be a new car with 2 year warranty. Take a look on Faw V2 both threads.

Sent from my Moto G
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    Why not you consider Faw V2? The 1.3 car comes in your budget and it will be a new car with 2 year warranty. Take a look on Faw V2 both threads.

Sent from my Moto G
    Brother I check FAW no doubt its a good even very good even I know a person who bought a FAW after drive 3 year Joy and 4 year Spark, his comments on Fuel economy is not good, he quotes 12 in city and 15 on highway, what if when car is old? I save this money in 2 year so I don't wanna take any chance because i'm afraid after Chevrolet, Hyndai situations against BIG 3 (Toyota, Suzuki, Honda), FAW survival is too much hard, in china even Faw is not successful in Hutch back (after ready both V2 forums)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I owned Chevy Exclusive (Korean model) from 2005-2009. It was a good car with good fuel economy. Resale surely was problem. Sold it for extremely low price. Nevertheless, my father purchased a Chevy spark in 2009 in Multan and it's still going good even though it's being maintained by road mechanics as there is no dealership in Multan any more. Fuel economy of spark is even better than exclusive. Now coming to your prospective buy, wouldn't recommend it. There is just one dealership in Lahore and they too seem to be giving up on Chevy.

If you have 10 lac budget, go for a used Honda City. You wouldn't regret. BTW, I own a 2009 model Honda City and I will recommend this car to anyone.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List