Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Lancer 2005+

Aoa,
    Why mitsubishi lancer 2005 onwards model are not famous? What is the reason behind? Shape? Techinical issue? Or just its non-honda-toyota-suzuki [ outside love triangle ].

Experts plz shed some light.
    Thx

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Lancer (upto and including the model that has been sold by deewan motors) is a cheap (read non-luxury) product made by Mitsubishi.

-has a cramped interior with a bump on the floor between the rear seats
    -cheap design and cheap parts (for instance the beige plastic that turns pale)
    -simple and not so attractive exterior
    -simple efi engine

in short totally lacks class. but

-has an extraordinarily good suspension
    -smooth transmission and FEEL of engine (since no fuel saving technologies)
    -better manufacturing quality

the car offers average RELIABILITY and DURABILITY

One enjoys the drive of the car. But considering designing and class where Toyota and Honda beats it buying it is like buying something cheap and simple.

end of my two cents.
    Knowing so much about a car without owning one? I guess I have the most valid argument regarding Lancer in this thread because no one else has had it for such a long time and it's still serving great Alhamdulillah.
    As for the plastic turning pale thing, all I can say is LOL.
    Toyota and Honda of the similar years as of Lancer are totally ridiculous when compared to Lancer, and this statement is coming on the basis of experience and not rumors flying in the air.
    Fuel economy is very good IMO. Locally it gives 10-14 km/l depending on driving conditions and on Motorway 16.5-19.5 km/l with full load.

8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Knowing so much about a car without owning one? I guess I have the most valid argument regarding Lancer in this thread because no one else has had it for such a long time and it's still serving great Alhamdulillah.
    Toyota and Honda of the similar years as of Lancer are totally ridiculous when compared to Lancer, and this statement is coming on the basis of experience and not rumors flying in the air.
    Fuel economy is very good IMO. Locally it gives 10-14 km/l depending on driving conditions and on Motorway 16.5-19.5 km/l with full load.

I second that (having myself owned a Lancer since Jan 2006). Also, like yourself, I own a locally assembled car (Civic 8th Gen) hence there is no reason for me to be giving a biased opinion in favor of Lancer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not owning one is half true. I have used this car extensively. the car did gave good mileage on CNG and somewhat okay mileage on petrol. but then the totally astounding mileage of honda city and even the large bodied civic of the same era makes me think otherwise.

my comments might have bitten you, you being the owner of one.

just think of the effort put into designing the honda city of the same era whose body might be smaller than that of lancer. the adventurous curves, the elegant dials of the instrument panel. the upright seats. the huge boot. the shape of lancer - quite close to the cars i used to draw in class 1. the revolutionary 8 sparkplug design of its engine compared to plain engine of the lancer which doesnt provide much torque in low rpms.

so what i meant was lancer is a plain cake from a good bakery while the others are lemon tarts, chocolate mousse etc etc. i hope you get my point and will also LOL on this example.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    not owning one is half true. I have used this car extensively. the car did gave good mileage on CNG and somewhat okay mileage on petrol. but then the totally astounding mileage of honda city and even the large bodied civic of the same era makes me think otherwise.

my comments might have bitten you, you being the owner of one.

just think of the effort put into designing the honda city of the same era whose body might be smaller than that of lancer. the adventurous curves, the elegant dials of the instrument panel. the upright seats. the huge boot. the shape of lancer - quite close to the cars i used to draw in class 1. the revolutionary 8 sparkplug design of its engine compared to plain engine of the lancer which doesnt provide much torque in low rpms.

so what i meant was lancer is a plain cake from a good bakery while the others are lemon tarts, chocolate mousse etc etc. i hope you get my point and will also LOL on this example.
    you drove a CNGed one, so it would have been pathetic because these cars are not compatible with this fuel.
    I have a habit of speaking on facts rather than assumptions, the steam iron shaped City is not a car to be compared with Lancer, compare Lancer with Eagle Eye Civic or the famous Ess Kel Aai (9th Gen Corolla), having owned a 7th Gen Civic myself and first hand experience of travelling and driving the Cowrolla of similar model I can say, without any doubt, that Lancer is a better car than both. If you want to compare City compare it to Cultus, cabin space of both is almost same, City just has the added advantage of trunk.
    Even with 8 spark plugs City iDSi is very under-powered when compared to Lancer, besides there is something called ride comfort which the City lacks, while Lancer is like a breeze for the driver as well as the passengers.
    Owning a '10 model 1.8 Prius and 11th Gen Corolla GLi AT, I can frankly say that the comfort level of Prius and Lancer is similar, Prius being almost thrice the price of Lancer, while the Corolla still has a couple of miles to go before it can reach the benchmark Lancer has set.
    The other car which I believe had similar driving pleasure as that of Lancer was the 2001 Nissan Sunny, a pretty solid car. My cousin had it and even after 375,000 km and a major frontal hit, the car still had its charm which even the latest model locally assembled sedans lack.
    Coming towards the design part, this Lancer has a very similar shape to that of Evo, both in exterior and interior, why not diss Evo too then? There must have been something in the shape for it being love at first sight for everyone around me, even today several friends and relatives are after me for the car but I always politely reject because this car holds a very special place in our hearts, and I give unbiased review of it whenever a discussion comes.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rahat083144 View Post
    I second that (having myself owned a Lancer since Jan 2006). Also, like yourself, I own a locally assembled car (Civic 8th Gen) hence there is no reason for me to be giving a biased opinion in favor of Lancer.
    Good to see another person here who has kept this gem with himself for so long, such people hardly come across!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you drove a CNGed one, so it would have been pathetic because these cars are not compatible with this fuel.
    I have a habit of speaking on facts rather than assumptions, the steam iron shaped City is not a car to be compared with Lancer, compare Lancer with Eagle Eye Civic or the famous Ess Kel Aai (9th Gen Corolla), having owned a 7th Gen Civic myself and first hand experience of travelling and driving the Cowrolla of similar model I can say, without any doubt, that Lancer is a better car than both. If you want to compare City compare it to Cultus, cabin space of both is almost same, City just has the added advantage of trunk.
    Even with 8 spark plugs City iDSi is very under-powered when compared to Lancer, besides there is something called ride comfort which the City lacks, while Lancer is like a breeze for the driver as well as the passengers.
    Owning a '10 model 1.8 Prius and 11th Gen Corolla GLi AT, I can frankly say that the comfort level of Prius and Lancer is similar, Prius being almost thrice the price of Lancer, while the Corolla still has a couple of miles to go before it can reach the benchmark Lancer has set.
    The other car which I believe had similar driving pleasure as that of Lancer was the 2001 Nissan Sunny, a pretty solid car. My cousin had it and even after 375,000 km and a major frontal hit, the car still had its charm which even the latest model locally assembled sedans lack.
    Coming towards the design part, this Lancer has a very similar shape to that of Evo, both in exterior and interior, why not diss Evo too then? There must have been something in the shape for it being love at first sight for everyone around me, even today several friends and relatives are after me for the car but I always politely reject because this car holds a very special place in our hearts, and I give unbiased review of it whenever a discussion comes.
    you are not getting my point. do you understand what class is???? local alto and local cultus (old) having same engine but having the class difference. similarly 1.8 civic vs. 1.8 Mercedes C class. got my point now?

Read my first post again and you ll understand what is there to be appreciated about Lancer. I admitted that the car is breeze to be driven. gives total joy.

but design wise what the car is another story.

completely lackluster design. just like the nissan sunny. which is also a fine car in many aspects. I have some associations with the previous designs of both the cars. infact owned 1983 UK model of nissan for 13 plus years.

most of the things you are highlighting are because of the other cars being PKDMs. if you want a fare comparison compare Lancer with corolla X, Fit Aria, imported Civic. if Lancer is such a great car then why didnt it became a global success. because everyone is biased???
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have never owned a Lancer personally but have been driving them a lot as my Dad's company had them for his GM's. Both 1.3 and 1.6 versions.

The car is a real gem and an absolute treat. The stability on high speeds is just great. Dewan Motors is at fault for not providing proper support. As far as people comparing Lancers to other cars is concerned, kindly please be fair to make the comparison of cars from same time period and not later models. As in that case the story will take a long turn because Lancer is now different in other countries. Which none of us probably has an experience of so can't compare it. I just rode new Lancer as a passanger in Dubai. And yes it felt good.

Me being a more Honda fan than any other available option locally i have always wanted to own a Lancer. Honda's are great but Lancer has its own character. The quality and feel of the car is great in its category.

Once again for those who don't like the design of 2005 Lancer, its 2014/2015 so here is what you should compare it to

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1418796680.605940.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  452.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1418796698.718402.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  144.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1418796716.837194.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  115.9 KB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The term "luxury" is misused in this segment be it mitsubishi, toyota or honda.......... even accord, camry and gallant do not come under the classification of luxury sedans so mentioning the cheap corollas and civics is well, going too far :-)

I wonder how someone can even compare the built quality of a foreign assembled mitsubishi with the local cars, even the people selling them do not claim it to be superior. Someone not getting a good fuel average from the lancer does not know how to keep a car well maintained, there is nothing wrong with the car and I know of several people getting excellent mileage from it and loving the ride.
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post
    The term "luxury" is misused in this segment be it mitsubishi, toyota or honda.......... even accord, camry and gallant do not come under the classification of luxury sedans so mentioning the cheap corollas and civics is well, going too far :-)

I wonder how someone can even compare the built quality of a foreign assembled mitsubishi with the local cars, even the people selling them do not claim it to be superior. Someone not getting a good fuel average from the lancer does not know how to keep a car well maintained, there is nothing wrong with the car and I know of several people getting excellent mileage from it and loving the ride.
    True indeed, as far as Luxury is concerned: This is Pakistan. All these cars you mentioned are low budget sedans in many parts if the world

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post

well atleast I am not terming the cars as luxury. but simply comparing the luxury offered by the different models that i mentioned.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In that "relevant" comparison of luxury, many people I know have shifted from the local assembled city (which is known to be a back breaker) and even the civic to imports since they do not come close to the comfort the later offers.

The areas local honda/toyota excel at are resale, parts availability, lower cost of spares. The "technological superiority" is just a case of flawed perception, mitsubishi and nissan have been offering better and more advanced variants then them in the international markets, the reason for simpler version being sent here is because of low availability of skilled people who can work on them. Even the simpler version were a handful for our people.
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Things got little heated 😊
    I use to change car every 2nd year.
    I started with city 2002 thn 2004,5,6,7,8.
    Thn i switched to civic 2005, 2008.
    I also used vitz 2006 and only once i bought Khota corolla[ worst experience of my life time].

N now i bought lancer. What an amazing car. I had a test drive on my uncles car n then i decided to buy same car. Build quality is excellent, smooth drive n road grip is aala. In short very good car in comparatively less price.

BTW city is made for better fuel consumption. Only car in locally manufactured cars with 8 spark plugs. Overall city is NAZUK gari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer's body is stronger than both 11th Gen Corolla and 3rd Gen Prius. Today I opened the bonnet of our Lancer after a long time, used the same force I use to open the bonnet of both Corolla and Prius which are very light, and immediately realized that this one's a lot heavier and needs more power. Same is with the doors.
    The seats of Lancer are too soft and very comfortable whereas the Corolla's seats are much harder in comparison, the Prius has very comfortable seats as well but Lancer has its own charm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umairdashi
    Good to know that you are enjoying the Lancer. It truly is a wonderful car. Early morning (6AM) today I went to pick someone up from Khi airport in my 8th Gen Civic, and was following a Prado for a short while - I was consistently doing 130-140 but somehow I didn't enjoy the drive and was missing my Lancer.
    @aliusman420 again, couldn't agree with you more. When I check the fluid levels (weekly) on my Civic and then my Lancer, there is a HUGE difference in the weight of the hood! Its untrue. Also, closing the doors there's a marked difference between the feel of the Civic and the Lancer. I could go on and on. Everyone has personal preferences (my wife prefers the Civic) but personally I really like the Lancer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umairdashi
    Good to know that you are enjoying the Lancer. It truly is a wonderful car. Early morning (6AM) today I went to pick someone up from Khi airport in my 8th Gen Civic, and was following a Prado for a short while - I was consistently doing 130-140 but somehow I didn't enjoy the drive and was missing my Lancer.
    @aliusman420 again, couldn't agree with you more. When I check the fluid levels (weekly) on my Civic and then my Lancer, there is a HUGE difference in the weight of the hood! Its untrue. Also, closing the doors there's a marked difference between the feel of the Civic and the Lancer. I could go on and on. Everyone has personal preferences (my wife prefers the Civic) but personally I really like the Lancer.
    The sad thing is that only a few people like me and you who maintained Lancer the way it should've been otherwise most of the ones I came across were badly abused and run on counterfeit parts. Sigh.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer 2005 -1520167

Yeah sad indeed. Very few decently maintained Lancers these days. This is a pic of my cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer 2005 -1520167

Yeah sad indeed. Very few decently maintained Lancers these days. This is a pic of my cars.
    Masha Allah your car is beautiful!
    any plans of selling it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Masha Allah your car is beautiful!
    any plans of selling it?
    Thanks Bro, no plans on selling it yet. I only bought it this June from a friend. Previously had a 1.3 auto. This one's a 1.6 manual SR. Has some scratches here and there but is generally in pretty good condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer 2005 -1520167

Nicely maintained dude !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers