Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Buying a Vitz 2002 or a new JDM?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Buying a Vitz 2002 or a new JDM?

Dear All.

I need suggestions regarding buying an automaic car :-

Uncle has a Vitz 2002-04 model and is willing to sell it. It is in good condition as he lives in Islamabad and travels very less apart from office to home daily routine. It doesn't have CNG and has always been on petrol. However, like most of the Vitz, it has pathetic mileage perhaps due to CAT being clogged [Haven't checked yet] and averaged 12.7KM/L from Islamabad to Lahore.
    The price could be around 7 Lakhs.

The other option is to go for a 650 JDM which has a much better mileage and would be better for resale and condition. Honda Life/Mira are primary options which we can buy at around 11 Lakhs. Other option we were looking at is City Automatic but it also doesn't have good mileage.

What do you guys think? Is Vitz worth going for considering we could get fixed the CAT problem? And is Honda Life/Mira good enough for daily purposes and perhaps a long drive? One of the reasons we are hesitating in JDMs is it being 650CC and Vitz 1000CC [haven't checked, but seems like it]

Your replies would be much appreciated. Consider that we are planning this car to last for a good time and would be at home for younger brother and mom. Taking it to mechanics every month could create issues.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by realinlife View Post
    What about CNG Economical? Passo is 1000cc? Besides, what do you think about New Cultus, Wagon R and Swift?
    Nope passo is CVT, CNG not recommended. Will incur probs in future.
    Yup passo is 1000cc

If you bring CNG into it theres a whole different arguement.

PKDM men apki marzi hai phir.
    I would rate FAW better than cultus, Wagon R and Even Swift (Sorry guys)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i can argue on my point but the main point is its not necessary what i think particularly same thing hit your mind. I myself never used any 660cc JDM but i do own a Vitz 2001 from a year.
    so let me start, few months back a friend of mine bought an EK Wagon full option which was 2011 model and 2012 import, just used it for 2 weeks max and sold her. Reason behind? He bought it for fuel consumption issues and she gave him 13-15 km/l max but it was not worthy when we talk about summer season in Pakistan. Here the road temperature rises upto 50 degrees or more and the majority of the citizens use their car as a family car so normally a car loaded with 4-5 persons with AC on and the engine is 660cc so it feels like driving a Honda CD70 on tripling, not to mention engine wont last long. Secondly, road trips are part of life weather its for fun or for business and we need more space for luggage even for a comfortable drive which these 660cc lacks a big time. Parts are even expensive plus all of them already comes massively meter tempered and not to mention ugly shapes and body material equal to tin cans

On the other hand lets talk about Vitz - 1000cc motor and even way better than our local 1000cc Cultus or Coure. Fuel efficient i.e 12-15 km/l depending upon driver's driving style. Parts are easily available and i am sure not more expensive than the new 660cc JDM (i am referring to the old shape Vitz). Massive space for luggage and for a comfortable drive, we can say its a Corolla without trunk. There is absolutely no major price difference between a new 660cc JDM and a 2001-04 Vitz, infact you may find a Vitz even cheaper. What else you want? If you want more fuel efficient vehicle go buy a Prius but please dont ever compare a 660cc and a Vitz.

660cc comparison comes when someone plans to buy a Mehran!
    Happy Pakwheeling!
    - Honda Civic ES, Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/3SocBg
    - Honda Civic EG - SiR-T F20B Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/5Y4W9m

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaheryar.khokhar View Post
    Yes i can argue on my point but the main point is its not necessary what i think particularly same thing hit your mind. I myself never used any 660cc JDM but i do own a Vitz 2001 from a year.
    so let me start, few months back a friend of mine bought an EK Wagon full option which was 2011 model and 2012 import, just used it for 2 weeks max and sold her. Reason behind? He bought it for fuel consumption issues and she gave him 13-15 km/l max but it was not worthy when we talk about summer season in Pakistan. Here the road temperature rises upto 50 degrees or more and the majority of the citizens use their car as a family car so normally a car loaded with 4-5 persons with AC on and the engine is 660cc so it feels like driving a Honda CD70 on tripling, not to mention engine wont last long. Secondly, road trips are part of life weather its for fun or for business and we need more space for luggage even for a comfortable drive which these 660cc lacks a big time. Parts are even expensive plus all of them already comes massively meter tempered and not to mention ugly shapes and body material equal to tin cans

On the other hand lets talk about Vitz - 1000cc motor and even way better than our local 1000cc Cultus or Coure. Fuel efficient i.e 12-15 km/l depending upon driver's driving style. Parts are easily available and i am sure not more expensive than the new 660cc JDM (i am referring to the old shape Vitz). Massive space for luggage and for a comfortable drive, we can say its a Corolla without trunk. There is absolutely no major price difference between a new 660cc JDM and a 2001-04 Vitz, infact you may find a Vitz even cheaper. What else you want? If you want more fuel efficient vehicle go buy a Prius but please dont ever compare a 660cc and a Vitz.

Happy Pakwheeling!
    jazbati insaan ofcourse theres no comparison bw a Vitz 1000cc and a 660cc car

U said 660cc cars are not worthy as per our requirements.
    that point i donot agree with you.

For a guy whose office is 10 kms away and most he does is bring groceries would u recommend a Vitz to him ??
    Like the poster said , the car he is going to buy will be for his mother and brother. Am guessing it will be used for short trips in the city. a 660cc JDM fresh import is the answer to that. Not a 10 year old vitz.

660cc JDM and a Mehran ?? Bro ap jao and ek dafa betho 660cc JDM men

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    In this scenario yes, A 2002 Vitz no matter how well kept will ask for serious maintenence sooner or later and vitz parts are not cheap, on the hand a latest jdm will have fresh parts and will be much less driven and wont require much maintainence for next 5 years atleast.
    Go for a fresh import Jdm.
    Sorry but i dont agree with your statement. The only thing which do not requires any maintenance for atleast further 5 years is only a brand new car freshly arrived from showroom. Lets talk about parts now, yes i agree parts of new Vitz are expensive but the poster is asking a comparison between an old Vitz and a new 660cc JDM so in that case old Vitz parts are cheaper and a good aftermarket support. You can crosscheck the market rates if you dont believe. From your avatar you own a JDM alto I believe? Go and ask for a pair of headlamps and you wont get a good pair below 20k I bet

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    jazbati insaan ofcourse theres no comparison bw a Vitz 1000cc and a 660cc car

U said 660cc cars are not worthy as per our requirements.
    that point i donot agree with you.

For a guy whose office is 10 kms away and most he does is bring groceries would u recommend a Vitz to him ??
    Like the poster said , the car he is going to buy will be for his mother and brother. Am guessing it will be used for short trips in the city. a 660cc JDM fresh import is the answer to that. Not a 10 year old vitz.

660cc JDM and a Mehran ?? Bro ap jao and ek dafa betho 660cc JDM men
    Haha yes! you can call me a Jazbaati Insaan when it comes to cars
    We all have two major issues
    1. We want quality stuff ad not willing to pay the price
    2. We are paying the price but not aware of the quality

In the case of the poster, he is willing to pay the price than why not get a quality product?

And believe me a car is not judged by sitting in it. The difference between a 660cc and a Mehran is just comfort level, other than that both are the same when it comes to engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haha yes! you can call me a Jazbaati Insaan when it comes to cars
    We all have two major issues
    1. We want quality stuff ad not willing to pay the price
    2. We are paying the price but not aware of the quality

In the case of the poster, he is willing to pay the price than why not get a quality product?

And believe me a car is not judged by sitting in it. The difference between a 660cc and a Mehran is just comfort level, other than that both are the same when it comes to engine.
    Dada ap ne Mehran ki izzat bht barha di hai am selling one, do you need it??

and yes he is willing to pay the price.
    thats why recommended him a Vitz or Passo 2013 with eco idle

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An old car no matter how well kept visits workshop anyway, for a reliable 660cc JDM get one imported yourself through some reliable importer, the car won't give any trouble at all.
    I am talking about bigger cars but I happen to own a used JDM and a brand new PKDM, a 2010 3rd Gen Prius and 11th Gen Corolla, there is a massive difference in both. Alhamdulillah so far the only replacement parts I needed in my Prius are the brake pads and oil, rest I did not need to "add" anything in the car unlike PKDM which are, frankly speaking, incomplete cars, you have to buy aftermarket stuff to get the car properly usable, otherwise I've seen people still having plastic on seats even after 3 or even more years of keeping the car.
    As for fuel efficiency, again 660 cars take lead in this case, specially Mira ES and Alto ECO. 1st Generation Vitz is a car of my personal liking as well but now it is of too old age and almost all of them are high mileage ones, so finding a clean and trouble-free car is next to impossible.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Passo 2011 onwards is a very good and beautiful as well as fuel efficient car.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Happy Pakwheeling!
    Well my friend, i would disagree, Ek Wagon is a flop in the market and is heavy on fuel but if 660's aren't good, why is there so many mira's and alto on the road, why r the sales of vitz decreasing continuously and why r so many jdms being imported, try to drive a mira or alto and u will understand how great these jdms r.
    PS: I had kept 3 Vitz in the past and now have shifted to 660 and i am extremely happy over my decision, A.C, drive like a cd-70 in summer, Big Joke!
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please read the post again, i said comparison comes when someone is planning to buy a Mehran, means these JDM's are only better than a Mehran because better comfort and full power pack and thats the only major difference. If you have any other difference in mind so please share?
    And if you are willing to sell a Mehran go to a dealer and please stick to the topic on someone's thread.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well my friend, i would disagree, Ek Wagon is a flop in the market and is heavy on fuel but if 660's aren't good, why is there so many mira's and alto on the road, why r the sales of vitz decreasing continuously and why r so many jdms being imported, try to drive a mira or alto and u will understand how great these jdms r.
    PS: I had kept 3 Vitz in the past and now have shifted to 660 and i am extremely happy over my decision, A.C, drive like a cd-70 in summer, Big Joke!
    It's obvious that these latest technology engines offer more horsepower and torque than the 30 years old Mehran engine, yes Euro2 is also included in this, the engine is the same with some changes which can be done by any expert.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry but i dont agree with your statement. The only thing which do not requires any maintenance for atleast further 5 years is only a brand new car freshly arrived from showroom. Lets talk about parts now, yes i agree parts of new Vitz are expensive but the poster is asking a comparison between an old Vitz and a new 660cc JDM so in that case old Vitz parts are cheaper and a good aftermarket support. You can crosscheck the market rates if you dont believe. From your avatar you own a JDM alto I believe? Go and ask for a pair of headlamps and you wont get a good pair below 20k I bet
    I have kept 15+ jdms in the past and i have never ever felt a need to replace any sort of part till now, what maintainence would a 12k driven fresh import Alto,Mira require, the quality of jdms r much much better than our local crap, the build quality, paint job, plastic is flawless, i have banged my cars many times and most of the time the car came out with a minor scuff and not damaging any clip or deshaping, the scuff would go away with compounding. Vitz even though being a jdm will require maintaince because it will be 13-14 year anyway,
    Yes i do own a jdm Alto and i know that a pair of headlamps cost 12k for a pair, not bad because i dont need to replace them everyday.
    Peace
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just bang a mehran and a 660. u will know the difference
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please read the post again, i said comparison comes when someone is planning to buy a Mehran, means these JDM's are only better than a Mehran because better comfort and full power pack and thats the only major difference. If you have any other difference in mind so please share?
    And if you are willing to sell a Mehran go to a dealer and please stick to the topic on someone's thread.
    Bhai saab yahi tu ap se keh raha hun. Mehran alag class hai . 660cc ko saath compare na kro.
    U want differences?? really??

Selling the mehran part was a joke :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ye best hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mehran's occupants are more likely to end up in the hospital whereas the 660 owner will be busy in workshop getting his car repaired

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Mehran alag class hai. A red hot Prius owner posted above a comparison between a Corolla and a Prius, his comparison was worthy because a Prius is way better than a Corolla but it doesnt means Corolla and Prius are of a same class. That was my point of view of comparing!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by realinlife View Post
    Honda Life has a lot of space. Mira doesn't have that. Anyway, how do these JDMs do on long drive? For instance, what is its top speed and can it sustain a family of 6 [most young ones]? What about going up the hill in northern areas? and long drive to Karachi?

Vitz is capable of all of these, I am pretty sure but these 650CCs despite having excellent mileage are not capable of out-of-city trips.
    Mira is not spacious ? Are you kidding ? This dinky is capable of making motorway trips , CVT transmission helps alot!
    You should keep speed till 80km/h!
    But 6 people in vitz on hills , don't think its a good idea
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    It's obvious that these latest technology engines offer more horsepower and torque than the 30 years old Mehran engine, yes Euro2 is also included in this, the engine is the same with some changes which can be done by any expert.
    True and not just engine, no pkdm hatchback can be compared to jdms, even after keeping swift, the plastic and build quality wasn't even close to jdms
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers