Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Buying a Vitz 2002 or a new JDM?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Buying a Vitz 2002 or a new JDM?

Dear All.

I need suggestions regarding buying an automaic car :-

Uncle has a Vitz 2002-04 model and is willing to sell it. It is in good condition as he lives in Islamabad and travels very less apart from office to home daily routine. It doesn't have CNG and has always been on petrol. However, like most of the Vitz, it has pathetic mileage perhaps due to CAT being clogged [Haven't checked yet] and averaged 12.7KM/L from Islamabad to Lahore.
    The price could be around 7 Lakhs.

The other option is to go for a 650 JDM which has a much better mileage and would be better for resale and condition. Honda Life/Mira are primary options which we can buy at around 11 Lakhs. Other option we were looking at is City Automatic but it also doesn't have good mileage.

What do you guys think? Is Vitz worth going for considering we could get fixed the CAT problem? And is Honda Life/Mira good enough for daily purposes and perhaps a long drive? One of the reasons we are hesitating in JDMs is it being 650CC and Vitz 1000CC [haven't checked, but seems like it]

Your replies would be much appreciated. Consider that we are planning this car to last for a good time and would be at home for younger brother and mom. Taking it to mechanics every month could create issues.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Mehran's occupants are more likely to end up in the hospital whereas the 660 owner will be busy in workshop getting his car repaired
    lol hahaha
    btw airbag replacement ain't cheap
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    lol hahaha
    btw airbag replacement ain't cheap
    bhai zindagi hai to airbags bhi dobara lag jayen ge, but the repair bill has the potential to give a heart attack
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP if you do not care about resale and a want a new car within 11lac then consider a FAW V2.

For JDM I think fresh/recent imports of Passo and Vitz are good options.

Sent from my Moto G
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about city prosmatic??
    Or city vario 2008??
    And toyota belta as well ;-)
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll suggest FAW V2.
    Economical and fast.
    I'm a proud owner

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Faw v2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have kept 15+ jdms in the past and i have never ever felt a need to replace any sort of part till now, what maintainence would a 12k driven fresh import Alto,Mira require, the quality of jdms r much much better than our local crap, the build quality, paint job, plastic is flawless, i have banged my cars many times and most of the time the car came out with a minor scuff and not damaging any clip or deshaping, the scuff would go away with compounding. Vitz even though being a jdm will require maintaince because it will be 13-14 year anyway,
    Yes i do own a jdm Alto and i know that a pair of headlamps cost 12k for a pair, not bad because i dont need to replace them everyday.
    Peace
    15+ JDMs? than u never kept a JDM long enough that it required any part replacement. Am I right?
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    15+ JDMs? than u never kept a JDM long enough that it required any part replacement. Am I right?
    Good Question but i am sorry u r wrong.
    i did kept 15+ jdms but for different periods, some for 6+ months, some for 4-5 months, some for 2 months and some for less than a month because i have a aim of trying almost every car in Pakistan, and i have replaced many parts too.
    1.Chamber Seals of Alto 2007 jdm
    2.Door Rubber of Nissan Otti,
    3,Compressor of Daihatsu Mira
    4.Side Mirror Cover of Vitz 2006
    5.Plastic parts of Mira
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Depends on your requirements.. I was in the same situartion 2 years ago. A happy and satisfied owner of a Vitz 2003 FL. I had to spend on the car initally.. I can say without a doubt, that this car is trrouble free today!
    Under the Coconut tree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Question but i am sorry u r wrong.
    i did kept 15+ jdms but for different periods, some for 6+ months, some for 4-5 months, some for 2 months and some for less than a month because i have a aim of trying almost every car in Pakistan, and i have replaced many parts too.
    1.Chamber Seals of Alto 2007 jdm
    2.Door Rubber of Nissan Otti,
    3,Compressor of Daihatsu Mira
    4.Side Mirror Cover of Vitz 2006
    5.Plastic parts of Mira
    keeping a car for 6 months does not qualify to claim that certain car does is ahead in quality or does not require service etc etc...u can only comment on a vehicle's durability once u have kept it for certain period of time to gauge its pros and cons. I am sure that in 6 months time, even adam revo will not ask for a major replacement of parts...

secondly, u stated and i quote "I have kept 15+ jdms in the past and i have never ever felt a need to replace any sort of part till now" and than you claim that u have replaced many parts....i dont understand...the parts u have mentioned are NOT actually the things people are worried abt JDMs. u can live without side mirror or plastic parts...but u r in neck deep trouble when u get a busted transmission or break a valve...

Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These 660cc's are a gamble. I have to agree with @c4capricon.. Once these cars start giving you issues, you'll be running from one junkyard to another! For my vitz, I know even if anything get's damaged, it's availiable here in various qualities aswell as at junkyards!
    Under the Coconut tree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

keeping a car for 6 months does not qualify to claim that certain car does is ahead in quality or does not require service etc etc...u can only comment on a vehicle's durability once u have kept it for certain period of time to gauge its pros and cons. I am sure that in 6 months time, even adam revo will not ask for a major replacement of parts...

secondly, u stated and i quote "I have kept 15+ jdms in the past and i have never ever felt a need to replace any sort of part till now" and than you claim that u have replaced many parts....i dont understand...the parts u have mentioned are NOT actually the things people are worried abt JDMs. u can live without side mirror or plastic parts...but u r in neck deep trouble when u get a busted transmission or break a valve...

Well bro, we got a Jdm Prado running in our family, its with us since 8 years and not a single problem as yet, We have a 2008 Alto with us since 4 years and has clocked 125k kms and not a single problem yet, a 2007 Mira with 250k on the dial and still when u drive it it feels like it just came out from factory, and alot more jdms with us but no complains as we mostly prefer jdms instead of pkdms because of their quality,
    About busted transmission and or break a valve, my friend u don't do that every day, even pkdms survive on original engine and tranny so this is a jdm it should go more, Vitz/Passo uses 1krfe which is widely available and jdm Suzuki's uses k6A which is also widely available and infact is the most swapped engine in pkdm alto, the transmission of Alto costs only 7000/- and i don't feel that that is expensive.
    And yes i never recommend anyone to go for such jdms which parts r not available in market, Vitz,Passo,Alto,Mira have their parts available.
    Hope that clears your mis understanding
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro...Prado is an entirely different story. there is a lot difference between a 4x4 SUV and a 0.6 or 1L small hatch back. there is no comparison.. a SUV is designed to be rigid. its meant to be driven in mud and desert and on mountains...if u drive it on normal roads ofcourse it will last almost twice or thrice...

Secondly, I didnt wanted to question but cant resist. first u say u kept 15+ JDMs and never had to replace a part. secondly u said u kept JDM for period of 2-6 months AND replaced parts like side mirror, chamber seals etc. Now u claim that u hav an alto with 125k and a mira with 250k on the odo....i m sure u cannot drive a 660cc hatch back a 250k kms in just 6 months..

and last but not the least, a 660cc with a 250k on the ODO, and it still drives like a brand new car? i seriously believe u need to revisit your statement.

(Please dont take anything personally bro. All this is constructive debate)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro...Prado is an entirely different story. there is a lot difference between a 4x4 SUV and a 0.6 or 1L small hatch back. there is no comparison.. a SUV is designed to be rigid. its meant to be driven in mud and desert and on mountains...if u drive it on normal roads ofcourse it will last almost twice or thrice...

Secondly, I didnt wanted to question but cant resist. first u say u kept 15+ JDMs and never had to replace a part. secondly u said u kept JDM for period of 2-6 months AND replaced parts like side mirror, chamber seals etc. Now u claim that u hav an alto with 125k and a mira with 250k on the odo....i m sure u cannot drive a 660cc hatch back a 250k kms in just 6 months..

and last but not the least, a 660cc with a 250k on the ODO, and it still drives like a brand new car? i seriously believe u need to revisit your statement.

(Please dont take anything personally bro. All this is constructive debate)
    Okay lets leave the prado, i think i mentioned running in the family in the above post, i dont have enough parking to keep alot of jdms, side mirror, chamber seals etc r not considered as major parts, i don't keep a jdm for more than 6 months but my cousins and uncles do,
    and if u don't believe that a 660 with 250k can drive like a brand new car then u r welcome to take a test drive, A car which is well maintained can even do 500k kms without a single overhaul and the fact that majority of jdms running in pak r driven more than 150k-250k + kms in a way that most dealers import 150k-200k+ driven cars and then reverse there meters to 20-50k and then they r driven in Pak
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with Lianarules that Jdms r surely a gamble but a person who knows how to check a car, can look for repairs,touchings,e.t.c can check the car condition and compare it with the mileage shown on meter, verify auction sheet can not get fooled and can get a good piece.
    And the fact is the quality and durability of jdms can not be compared to pkdm cars
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Move Custom is a good car with good resale Around 12 for 2013 model
    Mira eS a.k.a average Beast around 1050 for 2012 model
    Alto eco (Average beast) around 10 25-50 for 2012 model
    Nissan Moco (Highly spacious with beautiful interior) around 950k for 2012 model or above
    Price depends on condition!
    I do have all of these cars for sale , if you want to inspect any , you are more then welcome
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

majority of jdms running in pak r driven more than 150k-250k + kms in a way that most dealers import 150k-200k+ driven cars and then reverse there meters to 20-50k and then they r driven in Pak

This is an statement I do not agree with. Japanese cars are reputed to have low mileage. The "Shaken" law imposes heavy penalties or charges on vehicle inspections hence Japanese frequently change the vehicles. Also, on an average, the Japanese cars do a 9300 kms in a year. this is not my observation. The below link will explain it all. Even if we triple it, a 27000 kms mileage in Japan a year will calculate to 81k kms in 3 years (if we are importing a 2011 vehicle). Even if u maintain it like mint and change oil and filters every 3000 kms, you cannot defeat the usual wear and tear of the engine parts. u can yield higher mileages from larger engines since the power to weight ratio does not put such drastic load on the engine. on a 660cc which engine is already working under load, how can u extract a 250k mileage that too in PK with low quality fuel and road conditions as bad and still claim it to be driving like a new car? U might have heard a lot of stories about CAT converters gone bad even in new cars...i mean its just one of the problems....

Japanese domestic market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    bhai zindagi hai to airbags bhi dobara lag jayen ge, but the repair bill has the potential to give a heart attack
    Cheapest thing in Pakistan Mehran
    If you drive mehran you can have 6 pack abs or not
    Then you can have 7 hours sleep

BaloCh SaaB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abc1111 View Post
    Cheapest thing in Pakistan Mehran
    If you drive mehran you can have 6 pack abs or not
    Then you can have 7 hours sleep

BaloCh SaaB
    If u seriously want 6 pack abs then drive an alto, the steering is hard enough to do the trick
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If u seriously want 6 pack abs then drive an alto, the steering is hard enough to do the trick
    Looks like you haven't driven a Bolan a.k.a Carry Dabba specially of the 90s

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List