4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Blue Vitz on Express Highway

Yesterday, while leaving office around 6:30, I was waiting at Sowan traffic signal going towards Koral chowk.
    Being in Cultus, I usually drive in right most lane (although I am an educated person and leave the lane when a car gives a dipper and tries to pass).

However, yesterday as soon as I crossed the signal, a Vitz guy started giving me dipper non-stop and honking and trying to force his way. I had a rough day at work and didnt like his attitude at all. Had he given me one dipper and waited, I probably would have left the lane out of my own will.

Caught in this onslaught, my mind probably didnt think and I just applied slow brake right in that lane. My car was at stand still.

The Vitz guys came from my left and said something in angry tone which i couldnt catch from within my closed window.

After that, he sped away and I was left to feel indignant and sad.

Can you guys kindly tell me if what I did was right?
    If the said Vitz owner is here on this forum then will you reply here with your side of the story?

Lastly, why is it always a Toyota owner (corolla or vigo) being a Jackass on the road?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I saw a suzuki driver giving dipper to corolla, which was in right most lane of isb expressway but corolla guy was moving too slow 50km/h and suzuki driver had school kids which were most probably late so he was in a hurry but corolla driver ignoring him constantly and giving evil smiles while seeing side mirror and i felt so bad i was parallel and suddenly he braked so the suzuki driver gets scared and gets out of the way. Now that is not fair, mostly these people think they own damn highway. I seriously hate these kind of low people.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Always give way to other motorists coming from rear, front, left and right. Also stop for pedestrians and when they wave you in gratitude it's so nice a feeling.

When you sit on the driving seat leave your anger outside. No matter how nasty and stupid are others, you should be yourself.

All your journeys will be pleasant.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As a thumb rule I never give way to hids (in halogen housings) dippers be it b mehran or LC prado.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    As a thumb rule I never give way to hids (in halogen housings) dippers be it b mehran or LC prado.

Bro do give the way. It's not worth it. Let the buggers go away from you asap
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What should we do with those who, the moment you are overtaking them, speed up their cars and mess around with you? I have faced severe close calls because of such idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    What should we do with those who, the moment you are overtaking them, speed up their cars and mess around with you? I have faced severe close calls because of such idiots.

Ignore them, let them go. Take a deep breath. Don't push yourself. Smile and you will feel lot better than plunging into fury.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In peshawar 80 % are such cases, they take the horn or dipper as invitation to race.

My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As a principle one should not occupy fast lane . . .

Plus this is useless to feel sad or being angry or to react on such incidents ...
    or it becomes your habit, which damages you only
    Finally its Pakistan bro , these things are very common & everyday stuff

try to be happy & in your lane

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Someone being impatient to overtake u does not give u the right to disobey the basic rule of right lane in the first place. And being stubborn with this class 2 attitude of people is hard for me to get. "Kyunkay uss ne zyada dipper maaray mai bhi ziddi ho gaya"
    Its not something to be proud of.

Lets assume the Vitz guy was an idiot and was wrong but someone else's sin doesn't give you the permit to be a sinner.
    For each their own

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The concept of "fast lane" does not apply to every road in every galli mohalla in Pakistan. It only applies on some expressways/highways.It certainly does not apply on intersections, before or after crossing a signal. If there are U-turns in close proximity, it ceases to be a "fast lane" and is a turning lane instead.

For our Toyota drivers, even if we are going in the left lane with no turn in sight, its not enough for them. They want to drive others off the road so they can overtake or 'cut' from the left.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Blue Vitz on Express Highway

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    The concept of "fast lane" does not apply to every road in every galli mohalla in Pakistan. It only applies on some expressways/highways.It certainly does not apply on intersections, before or after crossing a signal. If there are U-turns in close proximity, it ceases to be a "fast lane" and is a turning lane instead.

For our Toyota drivers, even if we are going in the left lane with no turn in sight, its not enough for them. They want to drive others off the road so they can overtake or 'cut' from the left.
    Our friend who posted this thread is talking about a highway and talking about driving all the time in extreme right lane. As far as the Toyota concept is related, yes true to a major extent. I just came from Islamabad today and it was annoying that there was a load of stupid imbeciles driving in extreme right lane constantly and almost all of them were Toyota Corollas i swear, one was a Premio (again a toyota) a couple of Mehran and hardly remember such idiots in other brand except for one City. But i promise during those 374 kilometers i did not see Corolla owners driving with manners and realising the danger of high speed risks driving that way on the motorway. And best was the XLi idiot who despite my giving dipper moved at a sharp escape infront of me from the left lane to extreme right forcing me to hard brake and slow down. 2nd position went to another GLi idiot who was listening to his cell phone driving slow half in middle lane and half in right lane at 80 kph. Finally overtook him "on the motorway" from left.

No offence to literate and decent Toyota owners here at PW. Just mentioning the mass user. I know other brand owners do drive like idiots too but its the quantity that is a huge difference.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I gear down the car boom! cross them and then move back to the 2nd lane and speed down to my normal driving speed (80 km/h) You should be composed enough to not keep at it for the duration of your journey I just cross them and return to the normal mode (well you should be composed enough to not gear down the car but that's difficult for me )

P.S: Why wait for dippers keep a looking in the rearview mirror and if the car is coming fast give way even if its a Tanga In my opinion if you are not giving way then you are at fault regardless of how the car behind you behaves. If you can't immediately shift lanes then give an indicator implying that you intend to vacate the lane as soon as you get the opportunity

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Our friend who posted this thread is talking about a highway and talking about driving all the time in extreme right lane. As far as the Toyota concept is related, yes true to a major extent. I just came from Islamabad today and it was annoying that there was a load of stupid imbeciles driving in extreme right lane constantly and almost all of them were Toyota Corollas i swear, one was a Premio (again a toyota) a couple of Mehran and hardly remember such idiots in other brand except for one City. But i promise during those 374 kilometers i did not see Corolla owners driving with manners and realising the danger of high speed risks driving that way on the motorway. And best was the XLi idiot who despite my giving dipper moved at a sharp escape infront of me from the left lane to extreme right forcing me to hard brake and slow down. 2nd position went to another GLi idiot who was listening to his cell phone driving slow half in middle lane and half in right lane at 80 kph. Finally overtook him "on the motorway" from left.

No offence to literate and decent Toyota owners here at PW. Just mentioning the mass user. I know other brand owners do drive like idiots too but its the quantity that is a huge difference.

Beshak every paindoo is having a corolla

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by affananwar200 View Post
    Beshak every paindoo is having a corolla

why is that every corolla owner is a reckless driver and has no regard for the traffic rules.or is it wise to consider the whole class at stake of being reckless for the actions of a single person?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP, I am sorry but you did wrong too. We can't say anything sure for the guy, in the blue car, may be he actually is in real emergency, couldn't he? Though still he shouldn't have foul-mouthed in any case. But, you, in any case, should not apply brakes in such scenario, unless, you have to due to the traffic ahead.

What I do in such situations (idk if it's technically correct) when someone asks for overtake, I give a left indicator and the guy behind gets to know that I am about to give him the way. This works in most cases, though, guys having diarrhea sped away from left I prefer closed windows so that, besides the other advantages, I don't get to hear whatever they yelling

Though, being Karachiite, and after being in an incident lately, I don't give leeway to any approaching CG125. Indeed, I then push more to the right

And I would request the fanboys to please not to turn it in Toyota vs Honda battle. You can't generalize this idiosyncrasy to any particular brand owner, being they PWs or not.

PS: Just FYI, I don't own a Toyota, never did

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well lemme tell you something happened with me few days ago. I was driving quite late at night around 2-3am. Gotta drop a friend. Suddenly, a black civic crossed me from the left. The guy was too close that even my friend on the passenger seat freaked out. Not to mention the fact that I was in the middle lane and the road was almost empty. I guess he crossed us at least at around 80-90 KPH. After crossing us a few meters ahead, he braked hard and started trying to **** me off by zigzagging his car and not to let me overtake. Know what I did? nothing heroic I just kept my car behind his on a safe distance till he pissed himself and scoot away after drooling for a bit
    My guess is he wanted someone to start a foolish race with him, as my car was older and a City so he sure would be the winner .

One of my friend used to put it this way and I guess it is the best explanation I've ever had and it helps If you pass the street dogs very fast like on a bike or on a car, they start barking and start running with you without any purpose. If you stop your vehicle, they will stop and then ultimately they are completely lost as they now have nothing to do . Though, if you do the same with a decent human being, he'll do nothing except may be pray that may God give you Hidayat . So, whenever you are in such situations, remember the story and just don't be a dog .. please. Thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Human emotions X mechanical/electronic power = Untoward Incident = Regret
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is not the vitz guy honking behind you. The problem lies within our own selves. We become the judge. We may be lawyers but we cannot be a judge. Let's say he abused his right but what did you do? You did the same. Sorry brother but I see no difference between him and you.
    Aap ka kirdar apna hy. Aap apne kirdar aur husn e saluk se pehchane jao ge. Us ki fikr kro.

Be an example for others and that too, a good one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with @Haroon_Tarar to an extent as the poster himself reacted inappropriately too. But lets discuss what the vitz guy did is a very common behavior on the road. Sadly our traffic police has never done anything except to check over-speeding on the highways and motorways.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf1 View Post
    Yesterday, while leaving office around 6:30, I was waiting at Sowan traffic signal going towards Koral chowk.
    Being in Cultus, I usually drive in right most lane (although I am an educated person and leave the lane when a car gives a dipper and tries to pass).

However, yesterday as soon as I crossed the signal, a Vitz guy started giving me dipper non-stop and honking and trying to force his way. I had a rough day at work and didnt like his attitude at all. Had he given me one dipper and waited, I probably would have left the lane out of my own will.

Caught in this onslaught, my mind probably didnt think and I just applied slow brake right in that lane. My car was at stand still.

The Vitz guys came from my left and said something in angry tone which i couldnt catch from within my closed window.

After that, he sped away and I was left to feel indignant and sad.

Can you guys kindly tell me if what I did was right?
    If the said Vitz owner is here on this forum then will you reply here with your side of the story?

Lastly, why is it always a Toyota owner (corolla or vigo) being a Jackass on the road?
    dont mind but what that vitz driver did was natural
    even if u leave the lane when some fast car gives dipper, still u were causing hinderance and slow drivers have no right to stay in right lane...
    i may sound rude but id like to share one fact,, usually slow moving cars that do not give way to a fast car behind do this intentionally especially when the car behind is superior than their'z.. some sort of complex
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List