Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 114
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Blue Vitz on Express Highway

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    lonewolf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Blue Vitz on Express Highway

    Yesterday, while leaving office around 6:30, I was waiting at Sowan traffic signal going towards Koral chowk.
    Being in Cultus, I usually drive in right most lane (although I am an educated person and leave the lane when a car gives a dipper and tries to pass).

    However, yesterday as soon as I crossed the signal, a Vitz guy started giving me dipper non-stop and honking and trying to force his way. I had a rough day at work and didnt like his attitude at all. Had he given me one dipper and waited, I probably would have left the lane out of my own will.

    Caught in this onslaught, my mind probably didnt think and I just applied slow brake right in that lane. My car was at stand still.

    The Vitz guys came from my left and said something in angry tone which i couldnt catch from within my closed window.

    After that, he sped away and I was left to feel indignant and sad.

    Can you guys kindly tell me if what I did was right?
    If the said Vitz owner is here on this forum then will you reply here with your side of the story?

    Lastly, why is it always a Toyota owner (corolla or vigo) being a Jackass on the road?

  2. #61
    PakWheeler Follow
    aakbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    927
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    dont mind but what that vitz driver did was natural
    even if u leave the lane when some fast car gives dipper, still u were causing hinderance...
    i may sound rude but id like to share one fact,, usually slow moving cars that do not give way to a fast car behind do this intentionally especially when the car behind is superior than their'z.. some sort of complex
    You may have a point in a particular condition when 2nd lane is empty yet one is driving in 1st lane. How about that case when on Motorway, you in 1st lane overtaking a car in 2nd lane at around 120km/hr and this guy appears behind you doing about 150km/hr and you have nowhere to go?? Don't u get annoyed by that overspeeding guy's continuous honking n dippers?? I get to see such reckless ppl every time on M2.

  3. #62
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shk_54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,000
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    You may have a point in a particular condition when 2nd lane is empty yet one is driving in 1st lane. How about that case when on Motorway, you in 1st lane overtaking a car in 2nd lane at around 120km/hr and this guy appears behind you doing about 150km/hr and you have nowhere to go?? Don't u get annoyed by that overspeeding guy's continuous honking n dippers?? I get to see such reckless ppl every time on M2.
    even on motorway i see drivers who are not able to push their cars above 120 in order to overtake and take too much time to overtake thus blocking right lane but that is a separate thing...
    i was talking abt city... Talking abt Lahore,, even at roads more wider than motorway one cannot drive fast as slow drivers and bikers rather leaving the right most lane for fast traffic just spread in all lanes and cause obstruction...
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

  4. #63
    PakWheeler Follow
    aakbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    927
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    that is a separate thing
    i m talking abt city... Talking abt Lahore,, even at roads more wider than motorway one cannot drive fast as slow drivers and bikers despite leaving the right most lane for fast traffic just spread in all lanes and cause obstruction...
    I think we talking about the mindset and general road behavior.

    Even in cities, its more difficult to change lane and yield to traffic behind you as mostly lan2 and 3 and even 4 are all occupied by slower vehcles, bikes, gadha gari, et el. My point is why not wait for the vehicle in front of you to over take and then yield to you. If it still doesn't yield, honking once should do .....however after that you are free to honk, dipper and what not.

  5. #64
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shk_54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,000
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    I think we talking about the mindset and general road behavior.

    Even in cities, its more difficult to change lane and yield to traffic behind you as mostly lan2 and 3 and even 4 are all occupied by slower vehcles, bikes, gadha gari, et el. My point is why not wait for the vehicle in front of you to over take and then yield to you. If it still doesn't yield, honking once should do .....however after that you are free to honk, dipper and what not.
    my point is slower vehicles bikes and gadha gari have no right to come in right lanes
    they can use all remaining road but not right lane...
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

  6. #65
    PakWheeler Follow
    MzM_aLy_ShAkIr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bhai alham o lilah hamary yahan mostly log first lane mein drive karty hain jabky 2nd lane free hoty hai, aur agr koi gari rasty lene ke liye dipper ya horn de to yeh hazrat lane shift karny ki bajaye brakes use karty hain. aisa kai baar ho chuka hai mere sath bi.
    well actually first lane mein driving karna without any reason hamara komi fariza banta ja rha hai

  7. #66
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vaqas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,267
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    One thing we all must understand is we are no one to correct other drivers its the job of police. If someone is honking horn or you don't like his rough driving please give him way let the idiot go. Even if you had rough day its best to avoid these idiots. Drive in right lane only when you can keep up with speed of other traffic otherwise move to side. Baki its the issue of most new car owners to put the foot on the peddle and not see whats in front of the car ahead. This pak traffic will not improve just stay cool.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

  8. #67
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,928
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well Vitz guy could have been in a hurry
    that slowing down in right lane now that is not good
    if some one has an older car and u slow down and he hits ur cultus
    btw the generaliztion u done is some what right but the thing is how u drive
    btw if u did that in front of my car i would have done similar to the vitz guy
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    What should we do with those who, the moment you are overtaking them, speed up their cars and mess around with you? I have faced severe close calls because of such idiots.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    start racing

    if they speed up, then ur path is already clear, isnt it?

    raasta de dyn khud hi aise speed up kr k to aur kya chaihey

  10. #69
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its the story of every other day, there r so many slow drivers in right lane but none of them gives way, so i just keep driving behind them or overtake from other lane if there's enough gap to overtake n come back

    today there was a biker going in first lane on kashmir highway, dont know what was wrong wid him, driving in the middle of first lane n wasnt giving way on horn, wanted to give him a really good scare for what he was doing but then just let him go, its better to avoid getting involved wid any1 at all on road unless they start to act like jerks even though they r wrong themself

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Okay so I just came back from Bahria Town and on the Expressway came across several people who made it a matter of izzat/besti to give way when I gave them dipper and I had to overtake these people all the way from the first lane :/


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  12. #71
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    its the story of every other day, there r so many slow drivers in right lane but none of them gives way, so i just keep driving behind them or overtake from other lane if there's enough gap to overtake n come back

    today there was a biker going in first lane on kashmir highway, dont know what was wrong wid him, driving in the middle of first lane n wasnt giving way on horn, wanted to give him a really good scare for what he was doing but then just let him go, its better to avoid getting involved wid any1 at all on road unless they start to act like jerks even though they r wrong themself
    He was on a bike bro. No rules apply to them, apni marzi ke maalik hain!


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    start racing

    if they speed up, then ur path is already clear, isnt it?

    raasta de dyn khud hi aise speed up kr k to aur kya chaihey
    end mein yahi karta hoon, i floor the pedal
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  14. #73
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,928
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Okay so I just came back from Bahria Town and on the Expressway came across several people who made it a matter of izzat/besti to give way when I gave them dipper and I had to overtake these people all the way from the first lane :/


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    only reason i use hids
    stick them on and the guy in the front gets annoyed so only solution is to get out of the way or get annoyed
    and best part is when they realize that it was an alto look on their faces

    sent from an evil cell phone
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,657
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    I try to do that but much thanks to this MetroBus project in Islamabad the 15-20 minute drive from my home to uni has turned into a 30-45 min endurance test. Traffic is hell these days in Islamabad.
    Bro, which uni?
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    bro, which uni?
    nust h-12
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    only reason i use hids
    stick them on and the guy in the front gets annoyed so only solution is to get out of the way or get annoyed
    and best part is when they realize that it was an alto look on their faces

    sent from an evil cell phone
    I have used HIDs in the past and raasta araam se mil jaata tha
    But don't know what's wrong with people they can't tolerate someone having a better car even though I never do such a thing :/
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,657
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    nust h-12
    I used to study COMSAT H-8 almost 6 years ago.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  19. #78
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,928
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    I have used HIDs in the past and raasta araam se mil jaata tha
    But don't know what's wrong with people they can't tolerate someone having a better car even though I never do such a thing :/
    jelousy and kameenapan
    btw not just better car even smaller cars like corolla guy hating on alto and cultus guy
    it ia jelousy and as they say
    they hate us cos they aint us

    sent from an evil cell phone
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  20. #79
    PakWheeler Follow
    aakbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    927
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    jelousy and kameenapan
    btw not just better car even smaller cars like corolla guy hating on alto and cultus guy
    it ia jelousy and as they say
    they hate us cos they aint us

    sent from an evil cell phone
    Its probably the mindset from both sides (those who occupy the right lane and also those who un-necessarily use honk, dipper and HID's ) ....that they own the road.

  21. #80
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,928
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    Its probably the mindset from both sides (those who occupy the right lane and also those who un-necessarily use honk, dipper and HID's ) ....that they own the road.
    i been driving 8 years now and never seen a single honda driver with dippers etc
    always it is TOYOTA
    or a Cultus with kewl boyzes init
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •