10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What is proper law for road accidents in Pakistan

Call terrific police and let them complete the paper work just like in any other civilization USA UK etc, runaway if its your fault or settle up with each other...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't know about the rest but in pindi, the terrific police rarely shows up

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Terrific police haha.

If you call the traffic police, they probably come to the conclusion of "apni apni gari bnao"
    If you runaway, you're a coward. Personally I would never do that, It wouldn't satisfy my conscience and I would never be able to forive my self especially if some one would have got injured.
    The best option would be to figure it out with the other people involved. Be calm, talk to them with respect and dignity and everything usually turns out well. And if you do start figuring things out with other people first of all clear the road. Don't start arguing in the middle of the road it effects a lot of people. Also try and shoo away the ever so keen "tamashai"
    If someone gets hurt or god forbids dies the best thingwould be to call the police. It's better to deal with it now than later on.

Anyways Allah sab ko apni hifz o aman mein rakhe aur aisi baat ki nobat hi na aane de. Ameen.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes isb police shows up.... draws a map and tell whose fault is it.
    ten the challan 500 for the accident and go away.
    Rest of the case is with local police ( mukmuka etc wagera)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are alone, in a rural area and the fault is / isn't yours and a large crowd gathers- Get the F away from there. You don't wanna be beaten to death. Especially if you're in a car and the person involved is on a bike. If that's the case, the blame will land on you.

Now, if you are in the city, with traffic police officers nearby and you face an accident, never say it was your mistake. You have no clue if the other person is a jerk or a cool guy- Who knows if he just wants you in trouble for no reason, so as I said, do not admit. Find out his sole intention, then proceed.

You can either assess the damages there yourself, with him and a little crowd, hand each other some money etc. and call it a day.
    If he refuses to pay, note his reg. # and call the police.

If you a bish, hit and run is viable if you poor and need the money for drugs etc. No one wants a crazy maniac around who needs his daily 1gram dose of " Herwin"
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do people left their phone number if they hit someone's already parked car so later they can pay for his repair?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is there a law?
    I thought it is a rule of thumb that the one in the more costly vehicle is "the zaalim gaari wala", and bikers, cyclists, taxi walas etc are "ghareeb awaam" and they are always innocent.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Is there a law?
    I thought it is a rule of thumb that the one in the more costly vehicle is "the zaalim gaari wala", and bikers, cyclists, taxi walas etc are "ghareeb awaam" and they are always innocent.
    Hahaha boy you just stole my words

Well the first thing if an accident happens, you should have a licence if you need a legal defendant and for sure the police will show up and will proceed the with the next steps but unfortunately our police shows when people solve the thing already by holding each others collars. And even if they show before, its not necessary whose having licence or whose not, its mostly the wealth they go with. and rest about viewers they always think like the boy said above "expensive vehicle owner is always the suspect and the lower ones the innocent no matter what"
    - Honda Civic ES, Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/3SocBg
    - Honda Civic EG - SiR-T F20B Build Thread. Link ---> http://goo.gl/5Y4W9m

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaheryar.khokhar View Post
    Hahaha boy you just stole my words

Well the first thing if an accident happens, you should have a licence if you need a legal defendant and for sure the police will show up and will proceed the with the next steps but unfortunately our police shows when people solve the thing already by holding each others collars. And even if they show before, its not necessary whose having licence or whose not, its mostly the wealth they go with. and rest about viewers they always think like the boy said above "expensive vehicle owner is always the suspect and the lower ones the innocent no matter what"
    Hahaha bhai alfaaz nahi tajurba bol raha hai

Let me share my story here:
    Few weeks ago my car was properly parked in parking, yes it is pertinent to mention this pecky detail in this scenario, in I-8 Markaz. I went to the store and came back after getting my stuff, I had to stay for a few minutes as my uncle was with me and had gone to get some papers photocopied.
    In the meanwhile, a Dhoom inspired biker boy was coming from the wrong side, as fast as he could pull out of the little 70cc motor, the moment he got near my car another car was parking besides mine, the biker boy jammed his brakes, swerved and "drifted" his bike to dodge the other car and hit the back right corner of my car, 06 Lancer.
    I, without blinking an eye, got out of the vehicle and rushed towards the rear end of my car to see the damage, and there it was, the indicator lens of the tail light had broken.
    To my surprise, the biker boy was about to kick start and leave after seeing the Rs. 100 worth broken plastic damage on his bike. I immediately took out his key, put it in my pocket, took out my cell phone and called the traffic police. So I asked the guy that who the F is gonna pay for this broken tail light for your disgusting mistake? Everyone knows that Lancer spares are expensive and the very tail light that he broke costs Rs. 13,000 for a genuine one, almost half the price of the bike that idiot was riding on in full action.
    So as always, a huge crowd of utterly unwanted and useless people gathered around us, and all those idiots started taking side of the biker, the same old ghissa pitta argument "ghareeb aadmi hai jaanay do" and "kuch nahi hua" and ***** like that. I answered them that "agar itna hi tarass aa raha hai to khud de do paisay" and similar things, on which they shut up quite well.
    The biker started fake crying that "mera baap driver retired hai, main bohat ghareeb hoon" and guess what he said next, he picked up the broken pieces of the tail light and said that "YEH ELFY SE LAGA LAIN" over which I honestly felt like smacking him in the face.
    Another supporter of that idiot started arguing with me for no reason, I said to him in an angry tone despite he was at least 20 years older than me that it is my car and you can get lost it's none of your concern, who the hell are you to interfere?
    So then police came and they scattered away the unwanted crowd, we went to the police station, on the way the guy again came up with the ghareeb aadmi cliche' but I was adamant on my point.
    After wasting a good one hour his brother came and that time gave his NIC and agreed to pay but the very next day when I phoned that a-hole he didn't pick and now the whole brunt of the expense is on me, that idiot is nowhere to be found.
    One thing that I did not mention that the biker was underage and the bike was unregistered as well, whereas I possess a valid Driving License and all other necessary documents Alhamdulillah.

This is just one instance, the main point being that the reason that these blind people on two wheels don't give a ***** about other people's valuable possessions is that they know in case of some accident the jaahil awaam will take their side and the car owner has to decide his fate of getting beaten up by this waili qaum or get the hell out of there and worry about his vehicle.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U shud have asked the question in 3 parts (like Newton)

1-Traffic Laws for High Class Society?
    A-No such laws are applicable!

2-Traffic Laws for Middle Class Society?
    A-Some laws are applicable but amended under the basis of kharcha paani (Rishwat)

3-Traffic Laws for Lower Class Society?
    A-All Laws are applicable/mandatory/compulsory and cannot run away from it! suffer!

Hope i didnt offend anyone! Peace!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by geforce911 View Post

A-Some laws are applicable but amended under the basis of kharcha paani (Rishwat)

A-All Laws are applicable/mandatory/compulsory and cannot run away from it! suffer!

Well, the 3rd category are the least bothered about any rules of the road, bikers make self-made lanes, taxi walas just throw their vehicle in the middle of the road blindly, rickshaw walas think they're some stuntmen or what and the lost goes on and on...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahaha bhai alfaaz nahi tajurba bol raha hai

Let me share my story here:
    Few weeks ago my car was properly parked in parking, yes it is pertinent to mention this pecky detail in this scenario, in I-8 Markaz. I went to the store and came back after getting my stuff, I had to stay for a few minutes as my uncle was with me and had gone to get some papers photocopied.
    In the meanwhile, a Dhoom inspired biker boy was coming from the wrong side, as fast as he could pull out of the little 70cc motor, the moment he got near my car another car was parking besides mine, the biker boy jammed his brakes, swerved and "drifted" his bike to dodge the other car and hit the back right corner of my car, 06 Lancer.
    I, without blinking an eye, got out of the vehicle and rushed towards the rear end of my car to see the damage, and there it was, the indicator lens of the tail light had broken.
    To my surprise, the biker boy was about to kick start and leave after seeing the Rs. 100 worth broken plastic damage on his bike. I immediately took out his key, put it in my pocket, took out my cell phone and called the traffic police. So I asked the guy that who the F is gonna pay for this broken tail light for your disgusting mistake? Everyone knows that Lancer spares are expensive and the very tail light that he broke costs Rs. 13,000 for a genuine one, almost half the price of the bike that idiot was riding on in full action.
    So as always, a huge crowd of utterly unwanted and useless people gathered around us, and all those idiots started taking side of the biker, the same old ghissa pitta argument "ghareeb aadmi hai jaanay do" and "kuch nahi hua" and ***** like that. I answered them that "agar itna hi tarass aa raha hai to khud de do paisay" and similar things, on which they shut up quite well.
    The biker started fake crying that "mera baap driver retired hai, main bohat ghareeb hoon" and guess what he said next, he picked up the broken pieces of the tail light and said that "YEH ELFY SE LAGA LAIN" over which I honestly felt like smacking him in the face.
    Another supporter of that idiot started arguing with me for no reason, I said to him in an angry tone despite he was at least 20 years older than me that it is my car and you can get lost it's none of your concern, who the hell are you to interfere?
    So then police came and they scattered away the unwanted crowd, we went to the police station, on the way the guy again came up with the ghareeb aadmi cliche' but I was adamant on my point.
    After wasting a good one hour his brother came and that time gave his NIC and agreed to pay but the very next day when I phoned that a-hole he didn't pick and now the whole brunt of the expense is on me, that idiot is nowhere to be found.
    One thing that I did not mention that the biker was underage and the bike was unregistered as well, whereas I possess a valid Driving License and all other necessary documents Alhamdulillah.

This is just one instance, the main point being that the reason that these blind people on two wheels don't give a ***** about other people's valuable possessions is that they know in case of some accident the jaahil awaam will take their side and the car owner has to decide his fate of getting beaten up by this waili qaum or get the hell out of there and worry about his vehicle.

Oh and in the crowd was one property dealer from the office right in front and said that "yeh parking hi nahi hai" to an actually designated parking area. Yeh level hai jahaalat ka.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, the 3rd category are the least bothered about any rules of the road, bikers make self-made lanes, taxi walas just throw their vehicle in the middle of the road blindly, rickshaw walas think they're some stuntmen or what and the lost goes on and on...

totally agree n thats why u will find them standing at NBP to pay their fines!!!!!! n u forgot to mention one thing! their lovely attitude with their eyebrows lowered!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

totally agree n thats why u will find them standing at NBP to pay their fines!!!!!! n u forgot to mention one thing! their lovely attitude with their eyebrows lowered!!!!!!
    read thee story that I have shared before your post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very very bad situation i thought you call police they arrives and write report of what happened basedon evidence. That is submitted to insurance, insruance decides who was at fault based on evidence and local driving law.... And they pay for repairs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is an ideal outcome, which is sadly never seen

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wish it comes all that easy police man arrives and ask from which 3 categories are you i say 2nd (or let him judge) give him 1 blue note and go away

Perhaps Nadra should start writing individual class category on civil ID card for example class VIP class middle class lower

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zamza View Post
    Very very bad situation i thought you call police they arrives and write report of what happened basedon evidence. That is submitted to insurance, insruance decides who was at fault based on evidence and local driving law.... And they pay for repairs
    bhai jaan, u seem not to belong Pakistan
    You want Peace???
    Love your family...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Forget the police you need to be aware of tamashgeer first. Few years ago in Pakistan I got into accident with a biker while driving my car.Now it was my fault without doubt but even before I could get out if the car to see of he is ok,a crowd of about 15 gathered already and bless him a baba g sitting out side a shop had already started to abuse me ,you know normal stuff like car wale ho dekhta bhi nain etc etc.Which was quite funny because I'm just a normal person who only rode bike in student days.anyway after few moments when I got MI senses back,I told the baba g to shut up in politest terms,got out,spoke to the guy,apologise and asked him if he needed medical treatment to which he said no and after saying koi baat nain ho jata hai,he went his own way and that was it.to my amusement the crowd dispersed in rather disappointment.

Sent from my candlestick phone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huraiz View Post
    Forget the police you need to be aware of tamashgeer first. Few years ago in Pakistan I got into accident with a biker while driving my car.Now it was my fault without doubt but even before I could get out if the car to see of he is ok,a crowd of about 15 gathered already and bless him a baba g sitting out side a shop had already started to abuse me ,you know normal stuff like car wale ho dekhta bhi nain etc etc.Which was quite funny because I'm just a normal person who only rode bike in student days.anyway after few moments when I got MI senses back,I told the baba g to shut up in politest terms,got out,spoke to the guy,apologise and asked him if he needed medical treatment to which he said no and after saying koi baat nain ho jata hai,he went his own way and that was it.to my amusement the crowd dispersed in rather disappointment.

Sent from my candlestick phone
    Of all the people I hate in this world, such "tamashgeer" top the list. Bhai jao apna kaam karo yahan koi movie toh lagi nahi hui jo aa gaye ho dekhnay.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List