Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Going to Buy Honda City 1.3 Ivtec within 10 days... Necessary Info Reqd

Salam all,

I'm going to buy honda city base version IVTech within next 10 days.As it will be my first car It would be great if anyone of you guide me through the whole process. I have few queries as mentioned below.

1. Showroom(Honda Gateway , Honda Fort or Honda Point)....(Where I can find more cooperative n nice people) ??
    2. Do any of these dealers offer any goodies or discounts..... ??
    3. Total Cost i have to pay.... 15.12 (Factory Price) + 40K (Non Filer) (Although tax is constantly being deducted from my monthly salary) +30K (Registration charges+ Punjab Govt Duty) . Total Price as quoted by P.W Filer PKR 1,574,842 (Non-Filer: PKR 1,585,838) .Are There any other hidden charges... ??
    4. I have absolutely no idea about car insurance. So which companies are providing better n little bit hassle free insurance plan for car. How much car insurance actually costs. And what will be the monthly or annually charges

Any other Suggestions are also welcome .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Mujtba View Post
    i have also booked a city, expected arrival in mid of jan-15. My question is, if i want to upgrade my tire size from 175/65/15 to 185/65/15, at which price i can sale my stock tyres? Honda showroom give the rate 8000 for all 4 stock tires, is it so?
    i live in faisalabad , i go to car accessories shop next to hockey stadium susan road and sold my grande's stock tyres for 18 thousand at that time car was 15kms driven...8000/- for all four is not fair
    Keep Calm and Drive Fast

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    the height of city is reasonable. I too am on the stock tyres. the mud flaps are in such a position that they would touch the speed breakers with normal height but not normal width. (the wedge shaped kind of).

also with 175/65/R15 (stock size) and with 195/65/R14 the height of the car remains the same.

the reason i am suggesting 195 is because the suspension of city is very hard. it needs cushioning: both width wise and tyre height wise.

people use 195/65/R15 but that puts a lot of load on the engine, as well as steering system since change in the circumference of the wheel exceeds the normal limit. moreover the city is based on Honda Fit platform that does not have 15" wheel size. they are only offering it to compete with the rival of city: corolla.
    Is there any brand available in 175/65/r15 asides form Eurostar/General ?. Also isn't 186/65/R15 more suitable than 195/65/R15 (i.e less deviation from stock size) ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post
    Is there any brand available in 175/65/r15 asides form Eurostar/General ?. Also isn't 186/65/R15 more suitable than 195/65/R15 (i.e less deviation from stock size) ?
    its ok. but 195 will provide more comfort. if it is in R14 then it wont be deviating from the stock size much.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Retaliator. I liked your idea of installing 195 tyres with R14. Good. Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't install Navigation save that money and use it for refueling (900 litres which is sufficient for atleast 9 months). No need to have maps they aren't helpful. If you are thinking about having back view camera, then forget it in Honda City as its a compact car so no need. You will have to turn your head to see, even if you use back view camera. Camera doesnot covers everything especially sides. I'm using TPL tracker + insurance cost me Rs 62,000 total (3.5% + tracker cost). You can have insurance but its not required in Honda City. You can save that money too. Honda City means saving. Avoid spending on add-ons. Otherwise purchase secondhand Honda Civic 2012/13. I did insurance because i have to travel alot. I have driven more than 16,000 km in 7 months. Just install 2 speakers from company in back doors, if they are not providing them. It will cost you 4000 only. Have a steering crook lock, a good one for safety, its more than enough. Use genuine cusioning. I like the cloth better than leather.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saqib369 View Post
    Don't install Navigation save that money and use it for refueling (900 litres which is sufficient for atleast 9 months). No need to have maps they aren't helpful. If you are thinking about having back view camera, then forget it in Honda City as its a compact car so no need. You will have to turn your head to see, even if you use back view camera. Camera doesnot covers everything especially sides. I'm using TPL tracker + insurance cost me Rs 62,000 total (3.5% + tracker cost). You can have insurance but its not required in Honda City. You can save that money too. Honda City means saving. Avoid spending on add-ons. Otherwise purchase secondhand Honda Civic 2012/13. I did insurance because i have to travel alot. I have driven more than 16,000 km in 7 months. Just install 2 speakers from company in back doors, if they are not providing them. It will cost you 4000 only. Have a steering crook lock, a good one for safety, its more than enough. Use genuine cusioning. I like the cloth better than leather.
    Can't comment about Navi.. But backview camera offers value for money. It depends how you make good use of it. It helps alot especially in tight parking scenarios?
    Drive Hard or stay Home............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer1 View Post
    Can't comment about Navi.. But backview camera offers value for money. It depends how you make good use of it. It helps alot especially in tight parking scenarios?
    Exactly, i agree. Its upto driver. I am saying this because if you install back view from market, it will void your warantee. And if you purchase if from Honda then it will cost you Rs 50,000-70,000. It depends how frequently you need it. What I want to say is that we mostly complain about mileage and fuel cost but we spend money on useless or less useful things like navigation. We can save this money and put it in bank and use it for refueling only. Rs 70,000 is a big amount it means 900 litres of fuel which is sufficient for next 9 months. I know everyone want to see its vehicle in perfect shape. I also did. But i changed my habit and now i am more than satisfied with normal stock gadgets offered by Honda. May be I'm a Finance person .. thats why .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think Honda City is not available in showrooms due to Honda Atlas Factory maintenance . I want to book a City Base Model but Honda Gateway confirmed that exact date of delivery will be confirmed after 5th of Jan . Honda will start production from 5th Jan 2015 .

Are they going to increase the Price ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer1 View Post
    Exactly, i agree. Its upto driver. I am saying this because if you install back view from market, it will void your warantee. And if you purchase if from Honda then it will cost you Rs 50,000-70,000. It depends how frequently you need it. What I want to say is that we mostly complain about mileage and fuel cost but we spend money on useless or less useful things like navigation. We can save this money and put it in bank and use it for refueling only. Rs 70,000 is a big amount it means 900 litres of fuel which is sufficient for next 9 months. I know everyone want to see its vehicle in perfect shape. I also did. But i changed my habit and now i am more than satisfied with normal stock gadgets offered by Honda. May be I'm a Finance person .. thats why .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahbaz.a.khan View Post
    I think Honda City is not available in showrooms due to Honda Atlas Factory maintenance . I want to book a City Base Model but Honda Gateway confirmed that exact date of delivery will be confirmed after 5th of Jan . Honda will start production from 5th Jan 2015 .

Are they going to increase the Price ?
    I called honda city sales today and they are saying it is availabe

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its available but delivery date is not confirmed as Factory is closed for maintenance . Factory will open on 5th Jan .
    I heard from very reliable source that Honda is going to reduce price .. Can anyone confirm this news ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Mujtba View Post
    i have also booked a city, expected arrival in mid of jan-15. My question is, if i want to upgrade my tire size from 175/65/15 to 185/65/15, at which price i can sale my stock tyres? Honda showroom give the rate 8000 for all 4 stock tires, is it so?
    Don't sell them. Sell them online or in open market from where you purchase the new once. They should give you atleast 10,000 to 12,000. Check the rate of new once from the market of same brand and less 40%.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is available in the showroom with 30000 own

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which showroom ? Can you please confirm the showroom ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqgmbest View Post
    City with mudflaps hits every speed breaker

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Not true. Previous models of Honda City year 2012 and backwards have this issue. But company has increased City height in 2013/14. Mine 2014 don't touch even with 5 people on board.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I called to honda city sales ferozpur road/gulberg.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I really like ur ideas, ur thots matches mine, i have 1 more question as u already own city, what about tires, back door speakers, and fog lamps?
    Are the tyres capable of doing their job effectively or they must be changed? i am not an audiophile, so how is the sound quality of stock 2 speakrs and stock pre? i heard that headlight of city is not sufficient, or Fog lamps must be installed? otherwise i am thinking of installing PIAA extreme white lamps ?
    Last but not the least if all the above alterations are " must do" jobs, than should i go for OEM parts or after market will fulfill the job effectively?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ha! My brother is From Almost a similar field so gives the Same Kind ov excuses. Till now, I'd agree with you Probably because I've never been able to Adjust Reversing easily with the cam. In fact in 2011 when my Friend Booked his City and Requested for it, the salesman at the showroom asked, 'okay... tell me... are you buying a truck?'

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai city is not avaliable in lahore i have checked each and every showroom first they are asking for the own when i actually went there to buy they said you have to book and hopefully you will get your car in the end of jan
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MADDYBOY View Post
    bhai city is not avaliable in lahore i have checked each and every showroom first they are asking for the own when i actually went there to buy they said you have to book and hopefully you will get your car in the end of jan
    Go to honda fort the car is available i went there yesterday and will purchase the car on monday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List