Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By syed.jahanzaib
  • 1 Post By AsFand26

Thread: OEM Navigation or Third Party for Honda Civic?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default OEM Navigation or Third Party for Honda Civic?

Honda is charging 70k for navigation. Is it really worth it. Are there any good alternates that are pocket friendly. If you know of other third party options, that are just as good but more economical, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
    Do in pindi as the pindi boyzes do !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you install any 3rd party navigation system your electrical part warantee will void. Don't install anything from the market. Just purchase it as Honda company's everything is quality product and value for money. I heard on PW that Honda introduced new maps in nav.

Mostly people use back view camera. I hardly saw anyone using navigation system as raastay to bachon ko bhi atay ha Pakistan ma . Secondly there is no need to install back view camera in Honda City as car is compact in size and there is no reverse problem if you are little careful. You can easily save this amount and use it for refilling fuel for next year (900 litres ).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saqib369 View Post
    If you install any 3rd party navigation system your electrical part warantee will void. Don't install anything from the market. Just purchase it as Honda company's everything is quality product and value for money. I heard on PW that Honda introduced new maps in nav.

Mostly people use back view camera. I hardly saw anyone using navigation system as raastay to bachon ko bhi atay ha Pakistan ma . Secondly there is no need to install back view camera in Honda City as car is compact in size and there is no reverse problem if you are little careful. You can easily save this amount and use it for refilling fuel for next year (900 litres ).
    I would differ.
    The 70 k nav is not a quality product.
    The warranty does not get void if the connection is grip to grip.
    The car needs a backview cam but you can debate on on getting a reverse cam costing 70k for protecting a bumper costing 20/30k.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omerakif View Post
    I would differ.
    The car needs a backview cam but you can debate on on getting a reverse cam costing 70k for protecting a bumper costing 20/30k.
    Okay so what you are saying is if i install nav from market that connects it grip to grip then warranty doesnot void. Ok nice.
    Then i would suggest people to install original Pioneer DVD player with back view camera from market .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Navigtion options

@kalia
    I am using ROCKnMARS 7" system which costs around 10k and it have dvd player, BT/FM/IR/USB etc. GPS supported system costs around 20k which have NAVITEL maps (But i prefer Sygic more)

I was also looking for some cheap portable yet best navigation system for corolla. I did a LOT of research in the market and over the internet. Corolla is selling navigation very costly. Then I found following other options.

1- V7 2d/3d navigation system (its a hardware device like tablet , based on SYGIC GPS navigation) available in 4/5/7 inch screen, costing around 8k to 15k depend on size. Offline GPS navigation supported. Home delivery available, There site is following.
    V7 Traders and https://www.facebook.com/v7trader

2- You can also buy some china base 7 inch Tablet like airtel airpad which costs only 7,000 Rs (deliver at door step via megabrands) and install sygic in it, and also purchase Car holder and charger to make it fit on windscreen or dashboard or where you like it to be.

3- Use your existing android mobile and install SYGIC maps (Currently I am using this option and believe me using this app, I was able to visit places in Karachi where I even cant think of going alone dueto my poor capability of remembering routes, it gave me lot of confidence.

I am using Sygic 14.7.4 version and its very good, it can guide you with map/voice guidance turn by turn , speak road names using TTS, etc etc. I have ordered airtel 7 inch android tablet and it will be in my hands by this saturday. then I will install sygic, test it, and post some snaps here too
    Youc an see all Sygic Features here.
    http://www.sygic.com/static/nui-android/

Snap of its usage on my Samsung galaxy s3 android phone are as follows

OEM Navigation or Third Party for Honda Civic? -1525462

OEM Navigation or Third Party for Honda Civic? -1525461

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, can u guide/help me how to download and install on my Samsung tab ??/ visited u mentioned website but now download option available thx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Forget the darn warranty guys
    warranty is worth S H I T in this country of ours
    khair lets get to the point
    now if you can get the old nav, get that without a second thought. It is superb and works flawlessly. I have it in my 2014 civic.
    But if you can't get that and you only have the option of the android one, I'd suggest you to go to the showroom and check it thoroughly before buying. It has some stupid delays and is slight bit laggy. The older one has no such issue.
    try out the android one before making a decision. And stay away from aftermarket ones if possible. It is worth paying a little extra to the company for OEM stuff and peace of mind

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would suggest waiting for one month. Tracking World's Nav unit in Honda Civic is going to be updated to cater for reverse camera delay, front camera pointing up toward the sky (maybe even with new front camera assembly). I don't know if it will also deal with sluggish response in normal use. The update is expected to arrive by end of January or first week of February. You can see at that time if the issues are finally resolved.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    I would suggest waiting for one month. Tracking World's Nav unit in Honda Civic is going to be updated to cater for reverse camera delay, front camera pointing up toward the sky (maybe even with new front camera assembly). I don't know if it will also deal with sluggish response in normal use. The update is expected to arrive by end of January or first week of February. You can see at that time if the issues are finally resolved.
    Is it authentic ????
    As I am also in this dilemma of buying faulty navigation for 70k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crase24 View Post
    Is it authentic ????
    As I am also in this dilemma of buying faulty navigation for 70k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. News source is Tracking World rep at Honda showroom.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you all for your valuable responses. Buying the car depends on quite a few financial variables right now which I hope to sort out this year. I may invest the money or purchase a new car for the family. For now, new car is a wish.

I haven't used Civic's original Nav but the one in Honda City disappointed me and I assumed civic would be the same since the manufacturer is the same. I have never had a rear view camera or car Nav but I still feel they are a good thing to have if you can add them in a reasonable price. I know my way around my city but I have employed the help of my phone maps whenever I am in another city.

Quote Originally Posted by omerakif View Post
    I would differ.
    So the Nav package for 70k includes navigation and both rear and front cameras! That was actually my follow up question.

Then i would suggest people to install original Pioneer DVD player with back view camera from market .
    How much does it cost and does it include navigation. If not, can a third party navigation tool be integrated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by syed.jahanzaib View Post
    @kalia
    I am using ROCKnMARS 7" system which costs around 10k and it have dvd player, BT/FM/IR/USB etc. GPS supported system costs around 20k which have NAVITEL maps (But i prefer Sygic more)
    Isn't the space for a nav screen missing from the civic due to the dashboard integrated audio console (unless you purchase the OEM nav setup). Can you share the pics of your system. For Sygic, yes it is great but I would rather have it in a android based Nav app or a tablet at least rather than engaging my smartphone while driving. Btw, thank you for sharing all these options. They will definitely help me and others when it comes to making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Yes. News source is Tracking World rep at Honda showroom.
    I have seen OEM navigation in a Honda city and I did not like the screen quality and touch response or the interface for that matter. Maybe good smartphones and tablets have spoiled us.
    Do in pindi as the pindi boyzes do !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The older oem navs had shitty touch screen.. the new ones are sluggish and yes 70 k has the head unit including nav and 3 cams (back front n cabin)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List