Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pak WagonR, Stingray or Alto 660? Long routes especially!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Pak WagonR, Stingray or Alto 660? Long routes especially!

Asalam O Alaikum! Hey guys...

I am looking to buy a small car under 10.5 lacs and have so far shortlisted Pak Suzuki WagonR VXL, Suzuki WagonR Stingray JDM, and Alto 2013 Eco-Idle version.

Now the problem is that the car I buy is gonna have to travel from Rwp to Attock thrice a week on motorway and then some intercity driving in Rawalpindi. So I need a reliable and fuel efficient car that can also handle the load of 4 people on daily basis and not give up easily.

I am new in the JDM car scene so I need your help Pakwheels. I don't have much time, I have to buy next week.

Best Regards =)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai, here everybody will give u the proposal of that car which he owns himself, in my sincere opinion, u must go for Pak Wagon R after massive reduction in price. Nothing come close to it. Do not hesitate just bcoz of its shape, it is better than Many/any JDM boxes/box.
    1.0L latest K series engine, best in class A/C, Maximum fuel efficiency. What u need more?
    Other than it Faw V2 should be ur 2nd choice, read its reviews, its such an outclass car as well, A big NO to any 660cc car for long traveling.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aamirr.91 View Post

I am looking to buy a small car under 10.5 lacs and have so far shortlisted Pak Suzuki WagonR VXL, Suzuki WagonR Stingray JDM, and Alto 2013 Eco-Idle version.

Now the problem is that the car I buy is gonna have to travel from Rwp to Attock thrice a week on motorway and then some intercity driving in Rawalpindi. So I need a reliable and fuel efficient car that can also handle the load of 4 people on daily basis and not give up easily.

I am new in the JDM car scene so I need your help Pakwheels. I don't have much time, I have to buy next week.

Best Regards =)
    Its a big myth that 660 cc cars are not fit for long routes .. i can tell you my personal experience .. to put it precisely, ive traveled almost 50000 kms on long routes using 660 cc cars in the past 3 years .. between isb and lahore .. that is quite a lot as i was studying is isd and used to travel home lahore almost every weekend for more than 2 years ... 2 cars i used, 1) suzuki cervo SR 2008 2) Suzuki wagon R stingray turbo 2011 ... not even once, i repeat, not even once did either of those 2 gave me any concerns whatsoever on long route. if anything they were very comfy and easy to travel with ... 80 percent my journeys were on motorway and 20 percent GT road .. average speeds ranged anywhere between 110-130 on motorway and 80-100 on GT ... great mileage i got and great ride with neither car ever disappointing me ... most people just think because engine capacity is small these cars are only meant to be driven in city, well let me tell you its far from truth ..
    Now coming to your query and options you ve shortlisted, stingray is by far the best .. in your budget, you can get a decent R grade 2011/12 model with low mileage ... Go for it and you wont be disappointed .. It has everything that PKDM wagon r doesnt have .. ABS, Fully powered, AUTO projection HIDS, Alloys, sofa seats and much more .. if you get top of the line one, you can also get push start, leather multimedia steering, climate control and paddle shifters as well .. Alto is also nice but much less cabin space than stingray and mostly ideal for female drivers in the house ..
    Hope i was able to help .. Good luck
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pak wagonR is the best
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wagon R is recommended , forget JDM for long run

i been to rwp to attock and even mehran will do the job

road condition is fairly good , some patches in btwn GT and link road

Best Regards =)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jdm All the Way, Those Saying 660 can't go on long travelling have u ever even driven one?
    Both Cars r good, Wagon R has much more features than Alto and is a good car but if u r keen about resale than go for Alto
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Traveled In eK wagon 660cc From FSD to Karachi by road with 4 people on board

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any 660 cc owners who have covered 280k km in 6 years, almost exclusively at high speeds on GT road and motorways? Was it used to haul 4 passengers and luggage, with A/C on full blast, once a week? These were the running condition for our 2004 Cultus VXR. It was finally retired when we got a 2003 Civic in 2010, which has covered 180k in the last 5 years (odo reading 260k). 50k in 3 years is considered long running? LOL.

Anyways, the point is that a 660 cc is not practical if the OP drives close to these mileages. They were never designed to run in these conditions. 1000 cc cars at least have some useable torque down low, which contributes to longevity.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you can drive the car under 90km/h mark on long routes then you should opt for 660c
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro I'm getting one Stingray 2011 model with 21,000 mileage for 10.5 lacs. Is this a fair price for it?
    Also I have read multiple times here that since 660cc cars have a top speed of 140, going constantly on 120 on long routes causes significant wear and tear on the engine, considering that they already have been used in Japan. Can you please give your input on this?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro I'm getting one Stingray 2011 model with 21,000 mileage for 10.5 lacs. Is this a fair price for it?
    Also I have read multiple times here that since 660cc cars have a top speed of 140, going constantly on 120 on long routes causes significant wear and tear on the engine, considering that they already have been used in Japan. Can you please give your input on this?
    these can do more than 140, 150+ is my personal experience as per gps. but yes the rpm is around 5k at 120 and the engine sounds like its gonna explode(kinda sound i get when i pull my khyber to 80 in 2nd gear) and high rpm wear and tear lowers the life of the engine significantly unless u are willing to change engine oil after every trip or 2000km whichev comes first as it literally gets cooked.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Consider Swift also. A less driven DX version model 2011 can be bought in 10.5 lac, which will serve u good on long routes. Sorry for being Off the topic but it is a suggestion. Rest upto u.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    Any 660 cc owners who have covered 280k km in 6 years, almost exclusively at high speeds on GT road and motorways? Was it used to haul 4 passengers and luggage, with A/C on full blast, once a week? These were the running condition for our 2004 Cultus VXR. It was finally retired when we got a 2003 Civic in 2010, which has covered 180k in the last 5 years (odo reading 260k). 50k in 3 years is considered long running? LOL.

Anyways, the point is that a 660 cc is not practical if the OP drives close to these mileages. They were never designed to run in these conditions. 1000 cc cars at least have some useable torque down low, which contributes to longevity.
    50k on long routes only my friend, total mileage almost double than that ... and plz look at the requirements of the user. rwp to attock thrice a week and local ... you talk about cultus and civic but @aamirr.91 has already shortlisted his preferences and doesnt have a cultus or civic in there does he? Yes there s no doubt bigger engines much more worthy of taking and handling long routes but with his needs and options, id still recommend JDM stingray over alto jdm and pkdm wagon R ... peace
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mkkd View Post
    Pak wagonR is the best
    what about it's road grip when you have to turn left or right @ 40-50KM speed?????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post

blew the gasket of a honda life yesterday on my way to sialkot from lahore , the car is a fresh import ( 4 grade, 26k covered) , it'll be repaired and sold. and my khyber 98' still going strong, even pulling to 70-80 kph in 2nd gear twice a week.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

jdm 660cc are powerfull but not that but they can touch 140km/h easily but maintaing the same speed will kill the engine go for PKDM wagon r

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can go on 120 easily but keep the speed between 80 to 100 so that you put less strain on the engine

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you everyone for your input. I have decided to go for Wagon R VXL, as it has the bigger engine and not to mention its zero meter. It has significantly less features than a JDM car but I drove both of them and I have to say the Paki Wagon R definitely has the better engine.
    Once again a bunch of thanks to all of you who helped me out =D

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you everyone for your input. I have decided to go for Wagon R VXL, as it has the bigger engine and not to mention its zero meter. It has significantly less features than a JDM car but I drove both of them and I have to say the Paki Wagon R definitely has the better engine.
    Believe me, you made right choice. Wagon R or FAW V2 were only choices for you.
    May ALLAH make your decision right.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congratz, u won't regret ur decision. u're buying a solid ride that won't bother you for at least 4-5 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List