Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: New Shape Prius or Altis Grande?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New Shape Prius or Altis Grande?

AoA brothers, I have sold my previous ride, which was Toyota Fielder. Now its time for an upgrade. I am really really confused between these two. I have a budget of 2.5 million.

Prius has better mileage, better build quality, more features etc.
    Grande is new, has paddle shifters, has better resale etc

I have no idea, which one has better drive and is more comfortable.

As far as the condition of Prius is concerned, it will be my self-import 4.5 grade vehicle with 20-25k on odo meter. So those problems associated with used JDMS are out of the question. It will be like a zero meter vehicle.

Please help me out on this one

P.S No 9th Gen civic because I own one

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Well in the end the decision is yours but being owner of both the cars I am in a better state than anyone in this thread of recommending you the proper car, Corolla cannot even come close to the comfort level of Prius and the features it has, plus the built quality even the paint finish of Prius is miles ahead than that of Corolla.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Isn't Grande better then Gli?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Isn't Grande better then Gli?
    Shape is same comfort level is same engine and some features are different.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

price out these items for both cars and their availability too.

side view mirrors
    windscreen glass
    rear glass
    headlamps
    bumpers
    door cards
    dashboard center panel
    brake parts (discs/pads/bearings)
    CV joints
    struts

all items should be genuine toyota.

make your decision wisely.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Posted same in another thread where brother had the same concern....

When it comes to options, nothing beats prius.....it is light years ahead of PKDM corolla in terms of tech...However, much of that is no use in Pakistan...the road conditions, the technical expertise, availability of parts...everything will become a pain if any problem arises. plus it will be a used car already 4 years out of the assembly line.

PKDM corolla on the other hand may not be a technological marvel, may lack some very basic saftey and security features such as immobilizer etc, still is a new car designed keeping in view the Paki environment (the ride height for instance).

The resale will be big blow on prius, on the other hand, corolla will be piece of cake to sell.

and last but not the least, a used car can never be equal to a new car....if that is the case, go and buy a used merc as they r famous for their reliability and build quality....
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    Posted same in another thread where brother had the same concern....

When it comes to options, nothing beats prius.....it is light years ahead of PKDM corolla in terms of tech...However, much of that is no use in Pakistan...the road conditions, the technical expertise, availability of parts...everything will become a pain if any problem arises. plus it will be a used car already 4 years out of the assembly line.

PKDM corolla on the other hand may not be a technological marvel, may lack some very basic saftey and security features such as immobilizer etc, still is a new car designed keeping in view the Paki environment (the ride height for instance).

The resale will be big blow on prius, on the other hand, corolla will be piece of cake to sell.

and last but not the least, a used car can never be equal to a new car....if that is the case, go and buy a used merc as they r famous for their reliability and build quality....
    Thank you so much for a detailed reply.

InshAllah I have made up my mind for Altis Grande, that car is a boss, I know I would love it even more when I would floor the pedal and see those revs climbing up and simultaneously the screaming 2ZR-FE would be an eargasm for me Grande would fulfill all my driver needs, which is absent in the silent Prius. Moreover I already have a Prius in my home, so with Grande, I would be having best of three, Civic, Corolla and Prius

But the thing that is stopping me is the insane waiting period of Grande, which is 5 months and noway I am giving premium to these thugs. So the best bet is to wait at least 2-3 months, let the Corolla bubble burst then I will get the car with ease. Till then I will keep an eye if anyone offers the ride earlier.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago
    Decided to go for Prius new shape, Reasons.

1. corrolla is the most stolen car of Pakistan
    2. spending 2 million+ on a car without immobiliser is unwise
    3. both have about the same resale
    4. prius has better looking interior
    5. prius is japan assembled, at least 1.5 times more reliable than local assembly
    6. spare parts for prius are also easily available
    7. if you know how to drive a prius, you can easily get 20 km/l out of it
    8. when you buy prius, you are essentially buying the car which will replace corolla in the long run
    9. xli,gli,altis they all look the same. prius is different

in the end, its your money and your choice. I suggest test drive both and decide
    I tested a few Priuses the other day and fell in love with the interior. I absolutely hated how my left hand couldn't find a real gear box, but well, you can't have everything with budget constrains

Drive is not very, say "exciting" but for a family sedan. its perhaps the most no brainer choice
    There are FOUR things that are essential for happiness: a righteous wife, a spacious home, a good neighbour and a *Sound Means of Transportation* --- Hadith of rasul Allaah s.a.w

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for prius better average lot of options like push start climate control criuse control auto parking headlight washers 8 air bags multimedia steering and its fast then grande and civic you can check videos and one thing ap nay to phelay fielder rakhe hue the aur meray hissab say jo aik dafa jdm car chala letaw hai wo kbe bi dobara pakistani nahe letaw

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default colour choice for altis grande

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Altis and Prius both have same resale. If i were you i would go for Altis. The reason is, i don't like to spend this amount on used car.
    you look quite a fan of toyota and ve adequate knowledge and grip n the behicle i would request you or any one using this forum to guide me in selection of colour keeping pakistani environments and resale value........i was confuse among altis 1.6 and altis 1,8 but then made u my mind n booked a grande cvt i in silver colour which is not medium silver but known as silver metallic only available in 1.8 variants but people say go for super white as it has its own grace and resale value so i thought to change the colour by approaching my dealer as car delivery is some where in mid august i would request a candit opinion from u regards shakeel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shakeel888 View Post
    you look quite a fan of toyota and ve adequate knowledge and grip n the behicle i would request you or any one using this forum to guide me in selection of colour keeping pakistani environments and resale value........i was confuse among altis 1.6 and altis 1,8 but then made u my mind n booked a grande cvt i in silver colour which is not medium silver but known as silver metallic only available in 1.8 variants but people say go for super white as it has its own grace and resale value so i thought to change the colour by approaching my dealer as car delivery is some where in mid august i would request a candit opinion from u regards shakeel
    Silver and Super White are good for Pakistan conditions.

New Silver is available in all corolla variants be it GLI or Altis 1.6

Both the colors have their own market. So I don't think, you'll face resale issue just because of color.

Regarding Super white, yes it's a hot color this time and you can see many grande in Super White.

It's all personal choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you buddy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would say go for Grande as it is been updated n got new features such as immobilizer, additional airbag, auto climate, WOW meter, colour coded mudguards etc etc.
    I was in your same situation confused between Corolla GLI n Prius last year! but in the end we opted for Corolla Gli! why?

1- zero meter and no issues for next 2-3 years (depending upon how many people drive or drive style)
    2- warranty (not all dealers are stealers when claiming the fault!)
    3- U will be relaxed and satisfied that its a new car (whether it is our Beloved brand new Mehru or XLI) u will be mentally happy that u have new car n didnt go for other used imported car)

Then again we have limited choice in Pakistan, all i see on road is corolla, civic, mehran, swift, city etc etc and want something different..
    I would have definitely advised you to go for brand new Prius but the price is too high n not legitimate (it is basic model i guess and with that amount of money, can go for Audi A3!)

so my vote is for Altis Grande!

ps: do what your heart tells u to do so! u will never regret your decision in the end! that is true happiness u will get in the end result!
    http://earn4youth.com/?ref=120093 <-------------Click or copy! want to if its real or not! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

User Tag List