1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default budget 8 lac, recommended car for long motorway drive

My budget is 8 lac and I need to buy a reliable car for long drive on highway....inclines towards either cultus, cuore. Need recommendations please. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    come on man, the se limited models have abs. give it a rest mate, let it go
    k bro forgotten already

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    what fun your talking abouy I have drove my liana up to 180km/h
    Fun doesn't mean driving the car above limits, fun means driving the car on rough terrains and the acceleration response than you get from a 1.5 or 1.6 version.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    Agreeing with u on most of the parts and if given chance i would love to own a AE101 over many cars available in market in 7lacs budget. Plus its parts are still cheap and available in huge quantity in every part of the country and if u want to compare its prices with honda, u'll be amazed they still cost half the price.
    You talking about half? I can get you a bumper for 2000-2500 rs, and a pair of side mirrors for 500-600. that car is a gem, our market is flooded with its parts. there isn't a single part in that car which is not available hand to hand even in the smaller cities.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muzamil_r0cKy View Post
    You talking about half? I can get you a bumper for 2000-2500 rs, and a pair of side mirrors for 500-600. that car is a gem, our market is flooded with its parts. there isn't a single part in that car which is not available hand to hand even in the smaller cities.
    R u agreeing or disagreeing with me? Sry m a bit confused
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2.0D is doesn't need any extra maintenance it a good option but mechanics will be a issue but still much better buy then city IDSI. city IDSI is the most uncomfortable car a person can buy hard suspension,hard seat etc
    that model of City had a soft suspension and the seats were okay
    the reason of feeling uncomfortable is because of the driving position , the front seats are on top of the fuel tank

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

power streering a other thinf EPS is an other thing and I don't remember any ABS in JDM AE101 maybe I am wrong here but still
    EPS stands for electronic power steering, and the JDM AE101 SE limited comes with ABS, There's nothing more than an AE101 offered by your beloved liana, besides Corolla comes in JDM too and has a stronger wheelbase and better handling ability when compared to Liana and it has no faults on CNG which would be the preferred fuel of the OP, while your Liana has certain issues with CNG and you know it yourselves. Liana can't beat a 7th gen corolla in any sense. Now would you please stop degrading it? You won't get much except humiliation for such vicious acts of misery.

BTW: don't waste a reply just to tell me that Liana comes in JDM 1.6 version. I know all about that car, but there are certain problems faced by that car in Pakistan and some owners suggest that the M16A tends to respond better on RON 97 fuel, which is quite hard to get in smaller cities.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adilfarid View Post
    R u agreeing or disagreeing with me? Sry m a bit confused
    I totally agree with you brother, but I just wanted to tell you that the parts are actually cheaper than half the price of honda spares. It just depends upon your negotiation power as most of the parts are not available at the official dealers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fun doesn't mean driving the car above limits, fun means driving the car on rough terrains and the acceleration response than you get from a 1.5 or 1.6 version.
    limits the RPM needle was not even on redline RPM and care was stable enough that clicked the pic of speedometer and if fun mean driving the car on rough terrains and old car doesn't mattar then the best car for this purpose is datsun 260c and I can bet this car is 200 time stronger than Indus
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

EPS stands for electronic power steering, and the JDM AE101 SE limited comes with ABS, There's nothing more than an AE101 offered by your beloved liana, besides Corolla comes in JDM too and has a stronger wheelbase and better handling ability when compared to Liana and it has no faults on CNG which would be the preferred fuel of the OP, while your Liana has certain issues with CNG and you know it yourselves. Liana can't beat a 7th gen corolla in any sense. Now would you please stop degrading it? You won't get much except humiliation for such vicious acts of misery.

BTW: don't waste a reply just to tell me that Liana comes in JDM 1.6 version. I know all about that car, but there are certain problems faced by that car in Pakistan and some owners suggest that the M16A tends to respond better on RON 97 fuel, which is quite hard to get in smaller cities.
    JDM liana is 1.5l (m15a) not 1.6l (m16a)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

JDM liana is 1.5l (m15a) not 1.6l (m16a)
    If i'm not mistaken, JDM liana comes with a M16A engine. I've seen it under liana hood myself. the displacement is just a bit lesser that 1600cc but its called M16A

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If i'm not mistaken, JDM liana comes with a M16A engine. I've seen it under liana hood myself. the displacement is just a bit lesser that 1600cc but its called M16A
    m16a is in eminent liana (pak assembled) m15a is in JDM also know AXI

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

limits the RPM needle was not even on redline RPM and care was stable enough that clicked the pic of speedometer and if fun mean driving the car on rough terrains and old car doesn't mattar then the best car for this purpose is datsun 260c and I can bet this car is 200 time stronger than Indus
    what's your problem?? I'm suggesting AE101 because its easy to maintain and the parts are easily available, where would he find the body parts of 260c?? And stronger doesn't mean a stronger built, if that was the thing than why should he waste his money on such cars, why not buy an old Land rover? But that isn't the only thing, the main thing is the driving pleasure, road grip and cheap maintenance, and none of 'em implies on this Datsun. And the image you've posted above looks more like a 70s nissan cedric.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

m16a is in eminent liana (pak assembled) m15a is in JDM also know AXI
    Maybe that's the case but I've seen the 1.6 eminent running better on our roads than the JDM version. can you state a reason for that?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what's your problem?? I'm suggesting AE101 because its easy to maintain and the parts are easily available, where would he find the body parts of 260c?? And stronger doesn't mean a stronger built, if that was the thing than why should he waste his money on such cars, why not buy an old Land rover? But that isn't the only thing, the main thing is the driving pleasure, road grip and cheap maintenance, and none of 'em implies on this Datsun. And the image you've posted above looks more like a 70s nissan cedric.
    my basic point was to find the height of madness you have about AE101 I am not recommending 260c to OP and I have found that your really love ae101 the pleasure of driving of 260c is way a head of ae101

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Above the limits means above the permitted speed limits, I don't recall a road in Pakistan that allows such speed. I'm astonished to see that you consider it fun to risk the life of your loved ones and the people on road. What were you thinking when you touched that speed on a Liana? I've owned it and I know there is no way to control it in any mishap if the speed is above 120km/h and at least a single death is certain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Maybe that's the case but I've seen the 1.6 eminent running better on our roads than the JDM version. can you state a reason for that?
    don't know I have never seen a single JDM version on road

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Above the limits means above the permitted speed limits, I don't recall a road in Pakistan that allows such speed. I'm astonished to see that you consider it fun to risk the life of your loved ones and the people on road. What were you thinking when you touched that speed on a Liana? I've owned it and I know there is no way to control it in any mishap if the speed is above 120km/h and at least a single death is certain.
    we were going to isb from karachi when we found the road are clear we tried to test the limits of the car it passed all the test I can say that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we were going to isb from karachi when we found the road are clear we tried to test the limits of the car it passed all the test I can say that
    I'm glad to hear that you tried to test your car on a highway, anything could've been ahead of you, You don't know what's going to come out of the blue, Please avoid such irresponsible behaviour on public roads. they're built for people to travel safely, not for testing your car limits. Even a Buggatti veyron that has an astonishing 100 to 0 timing of 2.3 secs is not allowed to try such things on public road, I'm sure your car's ABS isn't better than Veyron's braking system if not worse.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my basic point was to find the height of madness you have about AE101 I am not recommending 260c to OP and I have found that your really love ae101 the pleasure of driving of 260c is way a head of ae101
    Yeah right! A car from the era when limits above 100kmph were restricted is better than an AE101. That might be the case, but thats just because it doesn't go ahead of 130km/h and if you compare the comfort and driving position of AE101 with datsun 260c you'll get to know the difference. The newer models are always better, same is the case in corolla but 7th gen is just affordable for daily running and newer generations are not that cheap to maintain, like the JDM corolla axio, one of it's kind in its class but hell expensive to maintain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    Driven a few cars (in the price range OP has mentioned) on the motorway. Gonna post some unbiased reviews. Everyone has their different opinions so whatever you say wont change the way I think about these cars.

1) 2006 Chevrolet Optra LS: Rides beautifully soaking up bumps like most high end cars do, stable at high speeds and drives like a tank but fuel thirsty.
    2) 2008 Nissan Sunny EX: Soft suspension, brilliant ride quality, excellent all-round visibility, low cabin noise at high speeds and economical but with a manual. Autos just dont have the top end performance.
    3) 2006 Toyota XLI: Medium-Hard suspension but durable, fuel economical, pathetic brakes, poor visibility and unstable at high speeds but worse is the cabin noise. Has 7 less horsepower compared to the sunny 1.3 so sluggish high end performance.
    4) 2006 Honda City I-DSI: Medium-Soft suspension, economical and good engine response. However, not stable at high speeds and a little cramped interior compared to the mentioned cars.
    5) 2006 Suzuki Liana Lxi: Medium suspension, some what economical, has the notorious coil problem if your engine gets wet, gets to a 100 quickest in this lot of 1.3's, excellent brakes, poor all round visibility, like the city and corolla, not stable at high speeds. Poor rear seat design.

I woudnt go for a car more than 10 years old. God knows what kind of problems it may have in store for you. Newer cars tend to have lesser problems unless they have been used by some1 who dsnt give s rat's a** about his car.
    Thanks Man for a wonderful insight and a comparative analysis based on first hand experience> Just wondering if fuel economy was my top priority (with a compromise on suspension/ visibility etc) which one of these rides would you recommend in my budget, keeping in mind you said that the ride shouldn't be more than ten years old (and I totally agree with it)
    Your Average Joe; When it Comes to CARs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

User Tag List