5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Prius or Corolla? Confusion and doubts everywhere

Guys after spending lots of time on the internet and asking people, I have reached a decision, and that is between the 2011 Toyota Prius or the Toyota Corolla Grande 1.8 CVT-i.

The confusion is occurring because the features and mileage of the Prius attract me, while the looks and interior of the Corolla attract me. Please keep in mind of resale, maintenance and fuel economy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When it comes to options, nothing beat prius.....it is light years ahead of PKDM corolla in terms of tech...However, much of that is no use in Pakistan...the road conditions, the technical expertise, availability of parts...everything will become a pain if any problem arises. plus it will be a used car already 4 years out of the assembly line.

PKDM corolla on the other hand may not be a technological marvel, may lack some very basic saftey and security features such as immobilizer etc, still is a new car designed keeping in view the Paki environment (the ride height for instance).

The resale will be big blow on prius, on the other hand, corolla will be piece of cake to sell.

and last but not the least, a used car can never be equal to a new car....if that is the case, go and buy a used merc as they r famous for their reliability and build quality....
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys I've also heard from sources that the technology installed in the Prius isn't functional in Pakistan, is this true or not?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khizar44 View Post
    Guys I've also heard from sources that the technology installed in the Prius isn't functional in Pakistan, is this true or not?
    Which tech specifically?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

5. 28-01-2015, 03:23 PM

Site Banned

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

functional? which part of it?. Auto headlamps, Parking Sensors, Auto air conditioning, multimedia steering, cruise control, Push button start stop, projector headlamps, auto transmission, cvt? well all work all fine and so are 100's of other vehicles. Doesnt have any jet engine or racing slicks or lowered springs or a plug in charging (is a variant though i guess).
    I bought a prius 2011 model, G grade i guess. Has cruise n stuff like that. Bought it few months back at 42k odo, now its around 66k. Driven thoroughly between lahore, faisalabad, islamabad. Been to karachi twice. Located in faisalabad and have been driving here like any car, without any hesitation at all. Take it to jaranwala, bucheki and my village near bucheki. Actually i try and do drive it hard. No problem whatsoever and the vehicle is scratchless, soundless as of this moment. Rest time will tell.
    Average im getting in Faisalabad is 24 - 25.5 Km/L without AC, non-ECO and with medium to heavy foot. Not bad at all.
    Why i bought it? because i like the consumption (its a psychological barrier rather then money saving) moreover decently powered, a bit comfy and i get a feeling of corolla when driving on bumps so doesnt bother me. Dint consider parts and resale, since toyota must be able to handle a few problems, rest will find mechanics for. Bought it on my company and using it like it.

Will let you know if it gives any problem, as of yet its awsome. I planned for Vigo initially but longroutes and extensive driving due to the industry im in, i preferred this one. Will be changing it anyway after 3 years, on my next project, all the dep is being accounted and im all satisfied.
    drug-s3x-money .....be careful: this is the kind of obsession that can render you utterly useless

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did at one point wanted to change prius and get Altis. But i always have this thing, i want to drive and use anything that is less common and yup, prius is it. Relatively less common as compared to Corolla.
    When the price range increase, lets say i go around 3 Mills, then i wont be opting for any hybrid, like the lexus CT200, it sux. I pay under 2.5 mills for any hybrid and any vehicle that comes to my taste, but when the range goes to 2.5 mills + then since im outta the local industry option, then the range extends trumendously.
    Also own a bluebird Nissan, had been 1 Year +, driven all the time and loving every bit of it. Its decently powered, not too much tech in it, but seriously spacious and very comfy on loongs and short, is a bit different, really nice audio system and that more or less what i want. If it gives me a loss of 100k, il happily accept it, it was well worth every penny. I dont treat vehicles as investments, rather something that is needed, and something that fancies me in my particular taste and fashion. So iv been always opting outa market, and TBH, i always say that il be keeping car for 5 year, but i never actually kept anything above 2.5 Yrs, since i get tired of watching it.
    People did say a lot about the resale and stuff like that, but fish the resale, get what you fancy, life is too short to bother about resales. You dont have any guarantee on auto policy, who knows it might change and screw the sales of local industry. So, always take bold decisions, you wont regret'em, even if you do, you will prolly forget in an year or so . Had the weird experience once with Mercedes C220 CDI 2004, but well, it was an experience and i dont regret it anyway
    drug-s3x-money .....be careful: this is the kind of obsession that can render you utterly useless

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Which tech specifically?

The infotainment systems and most of all adaptive cruise control.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    Will let you know if it gives any problem, as of yet its awsome.
    Thanks bro...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    People did say a lot about the resale and stuff like that, but fish the resale, get what you fancy, life is too short to bother about resales. You dont have any guarantee on auto policy, who knows it might change and screw the sales of local industry. So, always take bold decisions, you wont regret'em, even if you do, you will prolly forget in an year or so . Had the weird experience once with Mercedes C220 CDI 2004, but well, it was an experience and i dont regret it anyway
    Telling you my own experience owning a Mercedes-Benz, I had 1998 C-200 diesel and boy was it an annoying car, I had to take to the mechanic almost every week, sometimes when I recall those days, I'm like "glad that's over". Talking about the resale, I think you're right because this is what we earn for, to live a beautiful life.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The infotainment systems and most of all adaptive cruise control.
    Don't know about the radar cruise control system but Japanese infotainment units don't have Pakistani maps but they can be changed.

8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All those who think Prius' batteries wear out etc should do some online research. Aisa kuch nae hota.
    And regarding accidents damaging the battery nd stuff, have you seen the battery even ? its is packed to bear nuclear explosions

@OP .. Go for Prius. We own a 1.8 2012 and a 1.5 2010 model. Both are running excellent alhamdulillah
    I will advise going for a 2012 edition. S package. Slightly better resale and a bit less shashkas (still more than Altis )

Link that will help you..
    For Prius Grade info and all
    ??? ???? | ??*?????? | ??????WEB???

You can get a gud Prius 2012 for around 24-25 lacs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't know about the radar cruise control system but Japanese infotainment units don't have Pakistani maps but they can be changed.

No body here buys a G touring edition leather package Too much money for a radar cruise control

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro go for altis grande eyes closed
    Many of features in prius is of less or no use in pak,
    Our environment is dusty corollas are made to bear all that tashadud from our environment and road conditions and the most important its height is high and ground clearance is good so it wont touch our big speed breakers,
    While in prius you will get some good features like auto ac traction control immobilizer etc etc but it will be used and its too low and hit our big breakers badly,
    Choice is yours
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys I feel that the brakes of the Corolla aren't good because my cousin has one, while driving at about 80km/h when I pressed the brakes, a really unstable feeling came to me, it felt as the car's gonna topple over any second now (jaisay cycle ka front brake press kartay huay hota hai). Is this the problem with all models?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys I feel that the brakes of the Corolla aren't good because my cousin has one, while driving at about 80km/h when I pressed the brakes, a really unstable feeling came to me, it felt as the car's gonna topple over any second now (jaisay cycle ka front brake press kartay huay hota hai). Is this the problem with all models?
    Brakes are good but brand new cars are needing adjustments just like I had to get under warranty, the brake bias issue was since day 1.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Our environment is dusty corollas are made to bear all that tashadud from our environment
    Guys, speaking of tashadud, can the Prius bare the environment of Pakistan, also include village conditions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, speaking of tashadud, can the Prius bare the environment of Pakistan, also include village conditions.
    It can but not advisable.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brakes are good but brand new cars are needing adjustments just like I had to get under warranty, the brake bias issue was since day 1.
    About the warranty, I've heard that if you even make a slight modification or adjustment in the car, the warranty is considered void.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

About the warranty, I've heard that if you even make a slight modification or adjustment in the car, the warranty is considered void.
    They say that if you pour in any other engine oil other than their own the warranty gets void.
    Best approach is to drive the car as it is after delivery, check for errors, get them corrected and then do whatever you want, maintain the car on your own rather than from the stealership.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It can but not advisable.
    Well I guess that it would be able to because people do say that these JDM's can bare anything you throw at it, because my friend has a Daihatsu Move, he says that a truck had hit it from behind, after seeing the car, I was left stunned, there was only a minor dent in the bumper. Since you own both the Corolla and the Prius, you will be able to feel the sense of durability, which one feels tougher?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I guess that it would be able to because people do say that these JDM's can bare anything you throw at it, because my friend has a Daihatsu Move, he says that a truck had hit it from behind, after seeing the car, I was left stunned, there was only a minor dent in the bumper. Since you own both the Corolla and the Prius, you will be able to feel the sense of durability, which one feels tougher?
    Sir jee to be very honest, Prius ka level hi aur hai.
    Masha Allah the handling, the stability and road grip are SUPERB.
    Corolla on the other hand, woh Lancer ke level pe aa jaye bari baat hai

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List