Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Suzuki Cultus Or Liana?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoor.sultanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suzuki Cultus Or Liana?

    Guys please do not start replying how bad Liana sucks in comparison to Civic, city, XLI etc....please stick to topic...What are the pros and cons of clutus and Liana respectively and which car should I buy...Cultus or Liana?? Once again I request please do not make this thread about Liana VS othe 1300s,,,please stick to Liana VS Cultus as I have narrowed my search down to these two cars. Will Highly appreciate all relevant advice.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Having personally owned Cultus in the past and having some Lianas in social circle, I will advise you to go for Cultus.
    The car has okay fuel consumption but maintenance is a piece of cake, the spares are extremely cheap and the car looks good as well.
    Some negatives are poor built quality of body ever since the changed tail lights model, slight road grip issues, slightly weak brakes and headlight visibility is a bit poor, but that can be taken care of.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoor.sultanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanks man! If I were to buy a cultus I should go for slightly older models without those stupid tail lights???

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aliusman420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,935
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taimoor.sultanchaudhry View Post
    thanks man! If I were to buy a cultus I should go for slightly older models without those stupid tail lights???
    Although the newer models lack in quality, but it is easy to find a low mileage vehicle. If you go for the previous lights model, the latest one you can get is 2010 model which will now be at least 75k km driven on average.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    NiGhTShAdE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Liana gives bit lower milage compared to Cultus. It also has lower realse but i guess that wont matter much as you would already be buying a depreciated car. Besides that thers is no comparison b/w two cars. Both are different classes. Liana is a hell of a cars, with superb interior, good looking cabin controls and instrument cluster, good drive comfort and much better rear seats, better build quality than Cultus and most of all bigger trunk.....
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoor.sultanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTShAdE View Post
    Liana gives bit lower milage compared to Cultus. It also has lower realse but i guess that wont matter much as you would already be buying a depreciated car. Besides that thers is no comparison b/w two cars. Both are different classes. Liana is a hell of a cars, with superb interior, good looking cabin controls and instrument cluster, good drive comfort and much better rear seats, better build quality than Cultus and most of all bigger trunk.....
    Liana looks like a much better car than cultus on paper. Any idea about its performance on CNG? How expensive are Liana's parts in comparison to cultus....I am sure Liana's maintenance will be more expensive than Cultus...what is the difference.. Do you own/ know som1 who owns a Liana?

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shereabdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lala musa
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,624
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taimoor.sultanchaudhry View Post
    Liana looks like a much better car than cultus on paper. Any idea about its performance on CNG? How expensive are Liana's parts in comparison to cultus....I am sure Liana's maintenance will be more expensive than Cultus...what is the difference.. Do you own/ know som1 who owns a Liana?
    liana is better than cutus,, in every aspect, engine, interior, exterior, suspension etc,, if u r getting a good liana then u need any maintenance, my frnd bought liana 06 50k driven n now its around 90k still no maintainance except oil, filter change
    cng mileage is almost equal to cultus, petrol mileage is same
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,545
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taimoor.sultanchaudhry View Post
    Liana looks like a much better car than cultus on paper. Any idea about its performance on CNG? How expensive are Liana's parts in comparison to cultus....I am sure Liana's maintenance will be more expensive than Cultus...what is the difference.. Do you own/ know som1 who owns a Liana?
    you want to see it performance on cng see the below pic I did it on cng
    Suzuki Cultus Or Liana? -1533802
    BTW don't try this your self I was a big jerk back then

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,545
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Having personally owned Cultus in the past and having some Lianas in social circle, I will advise you to go for Cultus.
    The car has okay fuel consumption but maintenance is a piece of cake, the spares are extremely cheap and the car looks good as well.
    Some negatives are poor built quality of body ever since the changed tail lights model, slight road grip issues, slightly weak brakes and headlight visibility is a bit poor, but that can be taken care of.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I would never go for car with cheap/easy maintenance if I have to compromise on safety
    liana can survive a crash of 120km/h without reshaping cabin
    suzuki cultus or liana -1524320
    and cultus couldn't take a impact of a bunch of flower
    suzuki cultus or liana -1517153

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    NiGhTShAdE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taimoor.sultanchaudhry View Post
    Liana looks like a much better car than cultus on paper. Any idea about its performance on CNG? How expensive are Liana's parts in comparison to cultus....I am sure Liana's maintenance will be more expensive than Cultus...what is the difference.. Do you own/ know som1 who owns a Liana?
    I have myself owned Liana 07. It was new from showroom so didnt require much maintenence for two years, though i did not think it was more than other 1.3s as i kept City 07 too during that period...
    Kept Cultus too 02. at that time its body parts were hell expensive even more than of Corolla's. Dont know about current situtaion as i don't have either of those car now...
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    sufyanjaved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Liana is better. i own this car from 2 years and going great

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoor.sultanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    you want to see it performance on cng see the below pic I did it on cng
    Suzuki Cultus Or Liana? -1533802
    BTW don't try this your self I was a big jerk back then
    Holy **** Bro! That takes some doing...

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asad1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,707
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Go for cultus if u need to select from these
    Liana new cost 1400k n sold for 800k but built wise its better other than powertrain n suspension
    Where as cultus rarely depreciates

    Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,545
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asad1 View Post
    Go for cultus if u need to select from these
    Liana new cost 1400k n sold for 800k but built wise its better other than powertrain n suspension
    Where as cultus rarely depreciates

    Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app
    bro resale doesn't matter that much if a guy buy the car for long time btw it isn't that low as well even 2007 liana RXI (which is base model) costs 700k and cultus is about to discontinue it resale will also go down and genuine part will be hard to find but in case of liana part are still available due to swift

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asad1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,707
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Resale is always important in our country coz bura waqt bol k nahi ata and cars are solid asset
    Cultus part will never be difficult to find no matter it is discontinued or not
    Liana 2009 onward models are comparatively better

    Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,545
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asad1 View Post
    Resale is always important in our country coz bura waqt bol k nahi ata and cars are solid asset
    Cultus part will never be difficult to find no matter it is discontinued or not
    Liana 2009 onward models are comparatively better

    Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app
    liana was much better before 2009 in VURU version only RXI is available base model and U can get a liana LXI for a bit lesser which have some important feature like ABS,FF fog light,FF alloy etc VURU hold a bit better resale considering my VURU was sold in just three day while simple one took 4 months but there no change in VURU

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoor.sultanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Are Cultus and Liana EXACTLY same maintenance wise?

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    agm1pk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTShAdE View Post
    Liana gives bit lower milage compared to Cultus. It also has lower realse but i guess that wont matter much as you would already be buying a depreciated car. Besides that thers is no comparison b/w two cars. Both are different classes. Liana is a hell of a cars, with superb interior, good looking cabin controls and instrument cluster, good drive comfort and much better rear seats, better build quality than Cultus and most of all bigger trunk.....

    ++1, exactly, no comparison between cultus and liana, both are of different classes. Liana is much much better in all aspects. (safety, interior, luggage trunk, road grip etc.)

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoor.sultanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agm1pk View Post
    ++1, exactly, no comparison between cultus and liana, both are of different classes. Liana is much much better in all aspects. (safety, interior, luggage trunk, road grip etc.)
    Liana no doubt is a much better car! All I am referring to is what is the difference (money wise) in maintaining a Liana as opposed to Cultus on avg/month basis

    PS I prefer Liana over cultus any day but I am asking to see if I can afford a Liana maintenance wise or no... I have heard many people say "Gari Khareedna Asaan hai Maintain kerna Mushkil"...so I want to be absolutely sure

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoor.sultanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro just PMd you! Please reply when you got time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •