351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default does driving on low speed save your fuel ???? NO it doesn't

AOA guys I am sharing my personal experience about fuel economy so as my family is every big mashaALLAH and most of our family member lives in different city isb,lahore,hyderabad etc so we travel to much so I have a good high way experience so as the title say that we don't really safe fuel by driving in low rev sharing my personal experience so here goes

so once we were going to hyderabad with family in our car so I was driving and I was with my father (he was sitting just near by on the front non-driving seat) so I had to drive the car in the same speed he does which was 110-120km/h so we after getting to hyderabad we calculated the fuel avg and it was 15km/l and on returning my father was driving at the same speed as every one who have traveled on that route of hyderabad to karachi and same way back know that the air resistance is almost the double the way back from hyderabad to karachi while going from karachi its much lesser so rpm were quite high so as we reached karachi the fuel avg calculated was 17km/l considering the car was driving on high rpm so I was shocked and want to know the reason and the reason I found was driving style the way I accelerate and my father does was totally different and same with the decelerating thingy my father accelerate slowly and I faster and the way my father deaccelerate was different I observered if my father think of slowing down he release his foot from accelerator and slowly slow the car from a distance and doesn't break suddenly (unless needed) saving the most of energy from getting waste

my second experience was with PKDM alto the route was same hyderabad to karachi and the same way back so this time we were with my uncle family my uncle was in his khyber his car windshield was defected and we were travelling in night the light from in coming traffic was spreading on windshield reducing the visibility and my father decided to slow down let my uncle go a head becoz then he will be in our sight all the time and not left behind so if his car breakdown so we will be there to help him and due my uncle driving slow due to windshield problem we were also traveling slow the speed was 75-80km/l and we reached hyderabad in 3 hour so got in to city got the car repaired went to relatives home calculated the fuel avg it was pathetic 12km/l and after staying some time there we left to get to our home and traveled like we normally does on highway this time the driver was same on both route I.e my father so after reaching karachi after some time when we calculated the fuel avg in was good 18km/l considering the car was driven on high rpm considering the air resistance thingy and thanks to asdjm (a pw member) I knew a carb which increases the lower end torque also increase the fuel consumption and the I found was the car with more lower end torque gives low fuel avg due to they being driving in low rpm in city driving so the thing is a petrol engine consume most fuel at the stage where it give good torque mean a car with more high end torque will consume more fuel on high rpm and the car with lower end torque will consume more fuel in low rpm so a PKDM alto give low mileage when driven on low rpm which was the first case it gave us low mileage in the way from karachi to hyderabad and give us good mileage when driven on high rpm while from hyderabad to karachi so at the thing is not that you will get good avg driving on low rpm it also depend how you drive and which type of car you have

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Max. fuel avg is at highest gear at max. torque rpms. For most petrol cars its around 3000 though not always.
    At higher speeds Drag increases considerably(with the square of velocity) and lot of energy is wasted in overcoming drag rather than covering distance. Therefore at higher speeds Fuel consumption would increase. but driving below the max. torque rpm or at lower gears also increase fuel consumption...
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

At least some proper formatting/spacing please for that wall-of-text ... ._.
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    At least some proper formatting/spacing please for that wall-of-text ... ._.
    what type of pic you need bro my next trip to hyd is near I will try to click pics aswell

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    what type of pic you need bro my next trip to hyd is near I will try to click pics aswell
    bro he is saying that format your whole text so it is more readable and divide it in para's.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    bro he is saying that format your whole text so it is more readable and divide it in para's.
    OHH sorry I will do it

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List