61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default True or False ?

Lets assume we use 10w-40 in the new car, and change it after 4~5K and engine will be good.
    Whereas same engine oil, in same car BUT 15~20 YEARS OLD MODEL, will run only 2.5~3K and we have to change it. Because older engines start making more slug and beat the engine oils more than newer engines.

True or False?
    Any experience or observations?

Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

Can I use the zic xq 5w-40 in my civic 99 vti oriel automatic? Currently I am using honda genuine engine oil 5w-30. No problem in engine (d16y5) and engine is in mint condition not reducing the oil. Also all maintenance done at proper time.

Need your opinion about zic xq 5w-40 in my civic 99 vti oriel automatic.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    Yes u may shift to 10w40. Try zic A 10w40, shell helix hx5 10w40, total quartz 5000 10w40 or sgo suzuki ultimate 10w40 api sm
    Thanks dear. But I have heard that once you start using 20w50 then switching back to 10w40 is harmful for engine. how true this myth is?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    Thanks dear. But I have heard that once you start using 20w50 then switching back to 10w40 is harmful for engine. how true this myth is?
    Sir, few months ago I bought Lancer 91 and previous owner was feeding havoline 20w-50 since decades. I also pour zic hiflo 20w-50 for the first time.
    But after that I shifted to 10w-40 and have ran 6k on this oil (first I changed after 4K). and till yet No noise in engine, no problem in starting, no engine oil burning, no oil reduction, no blue smoke, no nothing.... I've personally observed that it runs more smoother on 10w-40 instead of 20w-50.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir, few months ago I bought Lancer 91 and previous owner was feeding havoline 20w-50 since decades. I also pour zic hiflo 20w-50 for the first time.
    But after that I shifted to 10w-40 and have ran 6k on this oil (first I changed after 4K). and till yet No noise in engine, no problem in starting, no engine oil burning, no oil reduction, no blue smoke, no nothing.... I've personally observed that it runs more smoother on 10w-40 instead of 20w-50.

Thanks dear for busting the myth.. so i hope my Cultus will also be fine when I am going to switch to Zic 10w40 next time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I use Liqui Moly 10W40 in my 96 Civic with 275,000km on the engine. I change after 8000km. It's going good.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangel View Post
    I use Liqui Moly 10W40 in my 96 Civic with 275,000km on the engine. I change after 8000km. It's going good.
    Sir, my car has done 225K.
    I am thinking to switch on the Diesel Engine oil after 250K. 10w-40 or 15w-40. Like ZIC 5000 or Delo gold.
    Diesel engine oils are also cheaper than Petrol Engine oils. And I believe my experience will not be bad as advised by many people here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go with what is OEM recommended oil viscosity for you car's engine. That will give you best fuel economy and adequate lubrication.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangel View Post
    Go with what is OEM recommended oil viscosity for you car's engine. That will give you best fuel economy and adequate lubrication.
    Well my car model is 91 and technically it needs SF grade oil. But this oil is Obsolete.
    Here min. available is SG or SH Grades. And I'd prefer to use SJ grade as minimum.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not at all sir. Yes shifting to fully synthetic oils after using mineral oils can be risky. But I have 2 cases. My 19 year old mehran was previously maintained by my dad and his jaahil mechanic made him use 20w50 gtx or havoline stating the fact k sir bhot puraana engine hai toh yehi oil dalay ga. When I took over, I opened its owners manual and found out that 10w40 is the appropriate viscosity. I shifted to sgo suzuki premium 10w40 api sg and my car's responsiveness, fuel economy all improved with no oil reduction.

I had recently purchased a honda civic 2005 vti and the previous owner was using shell helix hx5 10w40, but I used shell helix hx7 5w30, and it worked. No oil reduction.

It all depends upon engine condition. If the engine is weak or poorly maintained then it might start consuming oil while shifting to a thinner one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not at all sir. Yes shifting to fully synthetic oils after using mineral oils can be risky. But I have 2 cases. My 19 year old mehran was previously maintained by my dad and his jaahil mechanic made him use 20w50 gtx or havoline stating the fact k sir bhot puraana engine hai toh yehi oil dalay ga. When I took over, I opened its owners manual and found out that 10w40 is the appropriate viscosity. I shifted to sgo suzuki premium 10w40 api sg and my car's responsiveness, fuel economy all improved with no oil reduction.

I had recently purchased a honda civic 2005 vti and the previous owner was using shell helix hx5 10w40, but I used shell helix hx7 5w30, and it worked. No oil reduction.

It all depends upon engine condition. If the engine is weak or poorly maintained then it might start consuming oil while shifting to a thinner one.
    Thanks dear.... Oil change coming after 700 km... Thinking of using zic a... But summer is approaching so may stick to 20w50 as there are little signs of oil seal leak.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks dear.... Oil change coming after 700 km... Thinking of using zic a... But summer is approaching so may stick to 20w50 as there are little signs of oil seal leak.
    Which car?????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which car?????
    Oh sorry I had missed that u r talking about carby cultus 2007. U may try any of the 10w40 oils I had mentioned earlier provided that they are original. For zic products, I would recommend that you visit their website zicoil.pk and place ur order there. A car also reduces oil if it is fake. So try ordering zic. Total and shell should be purchased from reputable petrol stations. And suzuki oils should be purchased from dealerships.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U have a carby cultus which has hydraulic lifters and can work on any sort of oil easily. The efi cultus works on flat tappets and has too much hassles. Just pour the 10w40 oil of ur choice this time and chk that the car does not reduce oil. If it does then shift to another options of 10w40. U have various options. there are differences amongst all same viscosity oils too. My margalla used to consume zic hiflo 20w50 but when I shifted to havoline 20w50, it did not reduce oil. U have 5 options:

Total quartz 5000 10w40
    Zic a 10w40
    Pso carient ultra 10w40
    Shell helix hx5 10w40
    Sgo suzuki ultimate (not premium), 10w40 api sm (not api sg), golden dabba (not silver dabba)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh sorry I had missed that u r talking about carby cultus 2007. U may try any of the 10w40 oils I had mentioned earlier provided that they are original. For zic products, I would recommend that you visit their website zicoil.pk and place ur order there. A car also reduces oil if it is fake. So try ordering zic. Total and shell should be purchased from reputable petrol stations. And suzuki oils should be purchased from dealerships.
    U have a carby cultus which has hydraulic lifters and can work on any sort of oil easily. The efi cultus works on flat tappets and has too much hassles. Just pour the 10w40 oil of ur choice this time and chk that the car does not reduce oil. If it does then shift to another options of 10w40. U have various options. there are differences amongst all same viscosity oils too. My margalla used to consume zic hiflo 20w50 but when I shifted to havoline 20w50, it did not reduce oil. U have 5 options:

Total quartz 5000 10w40
    Zic a 10w40
    Pso carient ultra 10w40
    Shell helix hx5 10w40
    Sgo suzuki ultimate (not premium), 10w40 api sm (not api sg), golden dabba (not silver dabba)
    Yes dear its carby cultus having hydraulic lifters so as per manual i think its 5w30 but 10w40 is also good for it. Thanks a lot mate for explaining everything
    and yes the leakage is not due to viscosity issue but i suspect some seals are leak which i will replace when changing timing belt etc as its 80K km now.. it reduces oil very slowly.. half liter almost after 1k-1.5k km.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes dear its carby cultus having hydraulic lifters so as per manual i think its 5w30 but 10w40 is also good for it. Thanks a lot mate for explaining everything
    and yes the leakage is not due to viscosity issue but i suspect some seals are leak which i will replace when changing timing belt etc as its 80K km now.. it reduces oil very slowly.. half liter almost after 1k-1.5k km.
    The cultus owners manual recommends 5w30 for temperature upto max 30 degrees. Honda engines recommend 5w30 for even higher temperatures. It all depends upon engine architecture. So better stick to 10w40 because the temperature of lahore definitely exceeds 30 degrees

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The cultus owners manual recommends 5w30 for temperature upto max 30 degrees. Honda engines recommend 5w30 for even higher temperatures. It all depends upon engine architecture. So better stick to 10w40 because the temperature of lahore definitely exceeds 30 degrees
    Agree.. temp sure is gonna increase more than 40 as summer is coming ... so I think i should stick to 20w50..? and in winter use 10w40.

But the problem is my travel is not that much so last oil change was done in June 2014 and till now it ran 2300km

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agree.. temp sure is gonna increase more than 40 as summer is coming ... so I think i should stick to 20w50..? and in winter use 10w40.

But the problem is my travel is not that much so last oil change was done in June 2014 and till now it ran 2300km
    Use 10w40 throughout the year. It will cover extreme cold and hot temperatures

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U sure bro? Ye na ho June- July me engine fishoon ho jay

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U sure bro? Ye na ho June- July me engine fishoon ho jay
    As per the owners manual of cultus, 10w40 works for a temperature range of -20 to 40 and above and is an all year round viscosity. Please clear ur pm, I will post some links of cultus viscosity chart

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir this is because you are living & using US made car/s.
    For Pak. cars, I think its pretty difficult to handle 0w-40 or 5w-40 for 280 driven engine. imho
    No Tintin, this is because xulfiqar is an expert on engine either it be petrol and diesel.
    It's guys like him who are capable of maintaining their vehicles driven 300+ K miles.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List