0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default worried...confused..need help

salam guys, so i recently bought a honda city 09 manual for 11.3...now before buying i had it checked..thoroughly...the only issue brought up and also indicated by the seller was the front passenger door being touched up...now after buying i had these little battery issues so went to this local mechanic near my place to had it sorted out by his electrician....while there i for conversational sake had him check the car for any anomalies....he pointed our that tho whole car has been touched up....now i dont knw what to believe...it was night time when ths mechanic checked it...so could it be that hes wrong... or any points or ways i can cnfrm whether ive been ripped off or not?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which color is it bro? Can u post some pics?
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well.. as now you have taken the ownership nothing can be done. You believed on the seller and accepted that whatever he said is true and he is honest in this deal.
    Anyways as long as the car running fine with no mechanical issues you should not just worry. Get it checked again for all major components like suspension or anything under carriage. Just move forward.
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its blue in color..cant post pics right now..in my office..the earlier mechanic who approved the car didnt say anythin abt anythin being touched up besides that door..ill pay a visit to honda workshop today inshaAllah..maybe theyll be able to remove any such doubts inshallah..the engine is perfect as indicated the both the mechanics...and no major accidents..as well...one other thing...if in case the car turns out to be touched up from all ends(hope not)....for how much have i been ripped off?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naveediftikhar View Post
    salam guys, so i recently bought a honda city 09 manual for 11.3...now before buying i had it checked..thoroughly...the only issue brought up and also indicated by the seller was the front passenger door being touched up...now after buying i had these little battery issues so went to this local mechanic near my place to had it sorted out by his electrician....while there i for conversational sake had him check the car for any anomalies....he pointed our that tho whole car has been touched up....now i dont knw what to believe...it was night time when ths mechanic checked it...so could it be that hes wrong... or any points or ways i can cnfrm whether ive been ripped off or not?
    what do you mean by whole car is touched ??????? do you mean fully repainted ????????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fazal..thx bro..i knw nothing can be done now as such...but...i just want to knw what the ground realities are..!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor...not exactly...few parts are original... but only a couple...!(atleast thats what he said!)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naveediftikhar View Post
    its blue in color..cant post pics right now..in my office..the earlier mechanic who approved the car didnt say anythin abt anythin being touched up besides that door..ill pay a visit to honda workshop today inshaAllah..maybe theyll be able to remove any such doubts inshallah..the engine is perfect as indicated the both the mechanics...and no major accidents..as well...one other thing...if in case the car turns out to be touched up from all ends(hope not)....for how much have i been ripped off?
    Dont worry u still have bought the car in a pretty reasonable price even if its fully touched up. Some times the Mechanics just say that in chaska while they have Zero knowledge about cars. Once a Mechanic came with a buyer an Announced " Sir Jee Poori ki Poori Gari Painted hai " while the car was totally Genuine even bumpers were in genuine paint and i was like " WTF " . So never trust these guys. Chill out and Enjoy ur ride
    Laws r Made to be Broken

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Dont worry u still have bought the car in a pretty reasonable price even if its fully touched up. Some times the Mechanics just say that in chaska while they have Zero knowledge about cars. Once a Mechanic came with a buyer an Announced " Sir Jee Poori ki Poori Gari Painted hai " while the car was totally Genuine even bumpers were in genuine paint and i was like " WTF " . So never trust these guys. Chill out and Enjoy ur ride
    your optimism is a life saver...m only a tad bit concerned...but as u said..if the buying price is reasonable..then i prolly will be good...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there are 3 reasons of repaint..
    1 . when owner paints his car due to minor scratches..
    2. normal dent with some amount of polycate.
    3. Major dent with repaired seals..
    Pakistan <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tabish1 View Post
    there are 3 reasons of repaint..
    1 . when owner paints his car due to minor scratches..
    2. normal dent with some amount of polycate.
    3. Major dent with repaired seals..
    well i dont really knw what reasons were behind the repaint originally...at least for the door the owner clearly stated said that a donkey cart ran into it...so guess no major accident with that...but the "striking a finger sound test" doesnt really tell any other part being repaired extensively(if those parts are repainted that is)...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear, believe me 98% of on-road painters only make a "wild guess" about paint and condition.

Take an example of one of my own cars, it has never been repainted and not left outside our possession for a single day/night. We are certain but every 2nd person says, "gari achi tayar karwai hai ap ne"

If u really want to know about the actual condition. Go to Honda 3S and tell them u want to sale the car with new one (replacement) and want to get it evaluate. They will tell you because they have professionals and as they will have to buy it, so they take a keen look around and will tell you.

Most people selling around are liars; 1 honda civic purchased by a friend after believing on "total genuine ke awaaz" but afterwards he found it total opposite

as you took the decision and decisions can be either right or wrong. if it is wrong even then take it easy and enjoy the drive.

peace of mind is in your own hand so no need to get confused.. peace !!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List