Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hayzin
  • 1 Post By muzamil_r0cKy
  • 1 Post By butt9986

Thread: Hilux Tiger Buy or not? pros and cons.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hilux Tiger Buy or not? pros and cons.

hi there, can you guys please give me some idea about Hilux Tiger thatr is probably 2003 model.
    How good is its pickup, its fuel average(it matters a little as 4-5 km/l would kill me) how good or bad is it on 3000cc diesel?

here are two links from pakwheels of ads of such vehicles.
    Used Toyota Hilux Tiger 2003 Car for sale in Islamabad - 1060135 | PakWheels

Used Toyota Hilux Tiger 2003 Car for sale in Karachi - 1086195 | PakWheels

here are two photos:
    Hilux Tiger Buy or not? pros and cons -1545686
    Hilux Tiger Buy or not? pros and cons -1545687

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A sturdy ride. fuel mileage is a tad bit better than prado pre 2003. Don't expect much on the fuel side as these rides are made to perform on heavy offroad tracks. Otherwise this truck is an absolute beauty. Try asking @hayzin He really knows a lot about this thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muzamil_r0cKy View Post
    A sturdy ride. fuel mileage is a tad bit better than prado pre 2003. Don't expect much on the fuel side as these rides are made to perform on heavy offroad tracks. Otherwise this truck is an absolute beauty. Try asking @hayzin He really knows a lot about this thing.
    Thanks Muzamil for the recommendation Bro.

@butt9986 The Hilux Tiger is an amazing machine. I kept for quite some time and had loads of fun with it. It was not only my daily driver but also my offroader and tourer. Great on fuel, mine used to give me around 9km per litre even with Mt tyres on a 1kz turbo engine. A practical and reliable machine. Only con I can think of is that it's not that comfortable. But there are ways to address that by installing an Iron Man kit which will set u back over 120k.

The ads you have narrowed down, the black one in ISB I have inspected last month two times in great detail. I has been hit from the front badly and a possible roll over on the driver side. You can see it from the roof lines and once u pop the hood, you will see the bad repair job. It belongs to a construction company owner who was not willing to go below 13.5 for such a condition rig. The engine is a 1kd and had some issues, IMHO the fuel pump was not working properly.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    4x4 for life!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hayzin View Post
    Thanks Muzamil for the recommendation Bro.

@butt9986 The Hilux Tiger is an amazing machine. I kept for quite some time and had loads of fun with it. It was not only my daily driver but also my offroader and tourer. Great on fuel, mine used to give me around 9km per litre even with Mt tyres on a 1kz turbo engine. A practical and reliable machine. Only con I can think of is that it's not that comfortable. But there are ways to address that by installing an Iron Man kit which will set u back over 120k.

The ads you have narrowed down, the black one in ISB I have inspected last month two times in great detail. I has been hit from the front badly and a possible roll over on the driver side. You can see it from the roof lines and once u pop the hood, you will see the bad repair job. It belongs to a construction company owner who was not willing to go below 13.5 for such a condition rig. The engine is a 1kd and had some issues, IMHO the fuel pump was not working properly.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    what price would you find suitable for a Tiger in a good condition, say Islamabad or Lahore registered.
    by not being comfortable, what should I expect? close to a mehran, corolla, liana, cuore, surf. just give me a common name in comparison maybe?
    and its good as a daily runner? not troublesome like Pajeros that spend most time at workshop. is that 9km/l average with a/c and in islamabad? should i expect worse in lahore, with greater traffic jams and how good is it if i take it to motorway, often need to visit islamabad.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by butt9986 View Post
    what price would you find suitable for a Tiger in a good condition, say Islamabad or Lahore registered.
    by not being comfortable, what should I expect? close to a mehran, corolla, liana, cuore, surf. just give me a common name in comparison maybe?
    and its good as a daily runner? not troublesome like Pajeros that spend most time at workshop. is that 9km/l average with a/c and in islamabad? should i expect worse in lahore, with greater traffic jams and how good is it if i take it to motorway, often need to visit islamabad.
    You can't compare it to a sedan or hatchback but the comfort level is quite low compared to Toyota surf. That's because of the lighter body. One can add a carryboy to make the ride comfortable, if only, one is available for this model. Comfort isn't what one looks for when buying such a machine, strength and ruggedness are the kind of things one looks for. If you want a ride for motorways, Corolla 2.0D is your thing. don't waste your money on this. I'd prefer a Honda city over a 100 series LC if I had to travel on motorways and in town only. Rest is your decision.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muzamil_r0cKy View Post
    You can't compare it to a sedan or hatchback but the comfort level is quite low compared to Toyota surf. That's because of the lighter body. One can add a carryboy to make the ride comfortable, if only, one is available for this model. Comfort isn't what one looks for when buying such a machine, strength and ruggedness are the kind of things one looks for. If you want a ride for motorways, Corolla 2.0D is your thing. don't waste your money on this. I'd prefer a Honda city over a 100 series LC if I had to travel on motorways and in town only. Rest is your decision.
    well i kind of mentioned random names just to get an idea of how shitty or good the ride is on a scale of 1-10, anyways. compare it with a hilux of recent shape(d4d) the one like vigo. is it same as that? because that wasnt uncomfortable for me, infact it was pretty fun to drive.
    i have to go on motorway like once a month, other than that its about 20-25 km in the city each day. fuel is not that big an issue looking at that as even an average of 9 would be great. 3 litres, i.e 250-300 rupees worth of fuel is not an issue would it do slightly better on longer route? highway? just getting random ideas. it might sound stupid but my main idea is the look of the ride, its rough its tough and its attractive, just need tyres like those of @hayzin and its my dream come true.
    and HAYZIN, bro if you read this, can you tell me how much difference should be expected in stock and ironman suspension?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buddy let me explain a bit further. The Tiger comfort depends on 2 things. My Tiger was a bit rough owing to the MT tyres I installed and stock suspension.

If you keep your tyre size 265/70/15 with AT or HT and as long as your suspension is good added with perhaps two sandbags in the back, your ride comfort would be much better. Depending on how many pattas you have on the rear kamani will also make a difference.

Mileage will vary also according to tyre choice. I had gone for a 31/10.5/15 MT tyre which is why my ride comfort was compromised. If you have your mind set on a dalla, then make sure you have regular tyres for motorway and daily driving. If you want the look and if you go offroading regularly, then also keep a set of MTs along with the ATs/HTs (go for ATs, HTs are lame imho).

The IronMan suspension will make your ride even smoother, there is a significant difference between this and stock suspension. You will also get a bit of lift with the IronMan set up.

Lastly, I would recommend for you to go for a Surf with 1KZTE. The Hilux no matter how many adjustments you make at the end of the day is a rough n tough work horse. The MT tyres you can always add on when you need to.

Your lower back will hurt on the long drives, this i tell you from experience. I took my family to Naran from Islamabad and by the end my back was killing me! Despite this, its a personal preference, I would STILL always go for a Tiger, so much so that I might get another one now

Quote Originally Posted by butt9986 View Post
    well i kind of mentioned random names just to get an idea of how shitty or good the ride is on a scale of 1-10, anyways. compare it with a hilux of recent shape(d4d) the one like vigo. is it same as that? because that wasnt uncomfortable for me, infact it was pretty fun to drive.
    i have to go on motorway like once a month, other than that its about 20-25 km in the city each day. fuel is not that big an issue looking at that as even an average of 9 would be great. 3 litres, i.e 250-300 rupees worth of fuel is not an issue would it do slightly better on longer route? highway? just getting random ideas. it might sound stupid but my main idea is the look of the ride, its rough its tough and its attractive, just need tyres like those of @hayzin and its my dream come true.
    and HAYZIN, bro if you read this, can you tell me how much difference should be expected in stock and ironman suspension?
    4x4 for life!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List