351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default compression test on kabli engine

what do you guy say (specially experts) is it possible to test compression of engine before buying a kabli engine as I thing it wont be hard all we need is a self and a big battery

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    what do you guy say (specially experts) is it possible to test compression of engine before buying a kabli engine as I thing it wont be hard all we need is a self and a big battery
    Bro it's not needed in atleast Toyota & Honda engines and new M series engines of Suzuki as all shopkeepers will straight away tell u the condition of engine and they r 99% right.

U can physically see the engine and it will tell u the whole story like sensors, belts, coils, head condition, valves & camshaft, crankshaft, main bearing, coolant hoses etc.

Newer Japanese engines like Toyota Z series, Honda D series and Suzuki M series in used stocks are very well maintained. I would prefer anyday a 100,000 km driven JDM engine over a 25k driven local assembled one.

They will also give u a 2-3 days checking for replacement for whole engine assembly and gearbox.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@noomanghori...I am looking for a Honda D15Y3 for my civic 2005 Exi. How can one be sure that an engine being sold is actually JDM and not some locally abused one.... What to look for exactly when buying this D15Y3, as i personally cant tell any difference between a JDm engine in good condition and the one which has already been abused on local roads ... Any guidance is most welcome.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasghafoor85 View Post
    @noomanghori...I am looking for a Honda D15Y3 for my civic 2005 Exi. How can one be sure that an engine being sold is actually JDM and not some locally abused one.... What to look for exactly when buying this D15Y3, as i personally cant tell any difference between a JDm engine in good condition and the one which has already been abused on local roads ... Any guidance is most welcome.
    Bro the only good engines in Shershah & Tariq Road are D17 with & without vtec and auto ones are approx 55k M/T are 60-70k depending on condition.

U cant find a D15y3 as it was not JDM or USDM in these models.

I also have an EXi best way is to overhaul engine rather than Swap for this car.

Engine and gearbox of this car are pretty well built easy lasts for 300,000 km even if abused by drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear @noomanghori I am in rawalpindi. Thankyou for your response. Bought the car in Feb this year. Love this car. Would love to keep the same engine. but it has already blown the gasket twice on a long journey. I dont know how many times this happened with the previous owner as the Head seems to be faced twice atleast. Last time the car overheated, head bolts pulled the threads from the block and ignition coils were damaged. I dont know what more internal damage was caused, as I was travelling on Motorway. The gasket was replaced but I have not repaired the other problems yet and thats why I still have a leaky gasket(beacuse head botls cannot be properly torqued due to missing threads in the block). It seems repair will be costly and will not be the final solution as I dont trust these local mechanics. They dont even know how to install a trouble free Gasket as i have already replaced the Gasket twice. This and the expenditure involved on the repairs is forcing me to think about an engine swap. Can you suggets any JDM engine which may be installed without any modifications. What will be the best way in these circumstances....repairs or engine swap.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasghafoor85 View Post
    Dear @noomanghori I am in rawalpindi. Thankyou for your response. Bought the car in Feb this year. Love this car. Would love to keep the same engine. but it has already blown the gasket twice on a long journey. I dont know how many times this happened with the previous owner as the Head seems to be faced twice atleast. Last time the car overheated, head bolts pulled the threads from the block and ignition coils were damaged. I dont know what more internal damage was caused, as I was travelling on Motorway. The gasket was replaced but I have not repaired the other problems yet and thats why I still have a leaky gasket(beacuse head botls cannot be properly torqued due to missing threads in the block). It seems repair will be costly and will not be the final solution as I dont trust these local mechanics. They dont even know how to install a trouble free Gasket as i have already replaced the Gasket twice. This and the expenditure involved on the repairs is forcing me to think about an engine swap. Can you suggets any JDM engine which may be installed without any modifications. What will be the best way in these circumstances....repairs or engine swap.
    Bro if u dont have experienced mechanics then its best to swap.

D17 non VTEC is best for u.

Else if u can find good mechanics first step is to change to genuine Radiator and rubber Pipes & flenges through which coolant circulates. Than change the coils & valves 7,500 for Thailand Valves & 1100 for genuine kabli Coil / piece. New costs 6,500/Coil.

I advise to get an overhaul estimate from Honda 2S or 3S near your house.

In case of swap, also get ECU & Gearbox.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List