Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: JDMs, The Misconceptions and Myths.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb JDMs, The Misconceptions and Myths.

Assalam o Alaikum Everyone.
    From the past few days a hot argument is going on between Wagon R Owners and Jdm Owners which is doing nothing but creating hatred and in the end jdm owners r accused of being so called " DEALERS " and afraid of their cars not being sold due to the amazing Success of Wagon R (LOL)
    Similar many examples r available and r creating alot of Misconceptions and Confusing potential Buyers.

Japanese Cars:
    There is absolutely no doubt on the fact that these cars r very much advanced then the local cars manufactured here. Have a lot of attractive features and are light on fuel aswell.
    The Goods of Jdms:
    1. Much Advanced Cars with very good built quality
    2. Much Stronger.
    3. Alot of Safety Features.
    4. More Spacious
    5. Light on fuel
    6. More Reliable.
    7. Easy to drive ( in case of 660cc )
    8. Have even more features than a top of the line civic at almost half the cost
    The Bads:
    1. Side Mirrors, ( They r easily removable and expensive. Although local car mirrors arent safe as well i.e Corolla )
    2. Parts r Considerably Expensive. ( Although market cars like Mira and Alto have spares priced similar to pkdms )
    The Myths:
    1. Jdms. Especially 660cc r unreliable and heatup on long routes.
    This is not true at all. These engines are very powerful and can easily bear continuous long drives with ease.
    2. Jdms die with heavy weight. ( 660 )
    To an extent this is true, but doesn't mean that car will die with 4 people on board. If u have a small family like a couple with children 660 is fit for you. but if u r going to fit 4 100kgs+ Pehelwans inside the car will surely hesitate
    3. The Engine is very advanced and can not be understood by mechanics in pak.
    That is a big joke. The Car does not use some special engine from another universe, It uses a normal Efi engine which is now found in almost every pkdm new car and a mechanic working on a pdm car can easily work on a jdm.
    4. Car touches alot of speed breakers.
    Yes but same is the case with majority of pkdms, Blame the speed breakers not the Car
    5. Jdms are not value for money.
    If jdms r not value for money, then is 7 Lacs for a Mehran and 10 Lacs for a Cultus value for money?
    6. Jdms have Zero Resale.
    Jdms r the first choice of dealers to make money and gives alot of profit. Many owners have sold them on profit as they dont have a fixed value and their value keeps changing.
    7. Jdms r mostly Accidented
    Not All Jdms are accidented, Some are, Its the Buyers responsibility to get the car checked by a denter and ask for an auction sheet from the dealer and get it verified. And not just jdms we should get pkdms checked aswell as brand new pdms can also get hit and r locally repaired at dealerships before delivery,
    8.JDMS r Sluggish and have no pick
    They r designed to obtain optimum Fuel Economy and not for street racing . The CVT tranny isn't fun but helps to keep the rpm stable and to achieve max fuel economy, That is the reason why Vitz has a low pick at starting.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

The Reason of creating this thread was to clear up all the misconceptions growing up and to end the hatred being built among members.
    Another funny thing.
    Iv'e heard many members saying when anyone says something supporting jdm. " He is a dealer, Humari gari ki waja se in ka kaam band hogaya hai is liye bechare pareshan hai " . People, Please be sensible, We have better things to do in life rather than doing such crap here. Calling someone a dealer because he is with jdms is the height of wisdom . I or any jdm supporter have absolutely no link with buying, selling or importing jdms. I own a Pkdm and im pretty happy with it. ( Will be posting a detailed comparison bw Swift and Vitz aswell ).
    Peace
    MOD Edit: This is not a Jdm Vs Pkdm thread.
    this thread is to clear the misconceptions growing and confusing members about jdms.
    No Personal Attacks,
    Kindly keep this thread Clean.

Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Compare gaps and see how door is inside plus engine bay pic which I lost had clear detail that cultus bechari is done but sold at 1033k to some guy
    so that poor guy was blind?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hence resale should not be considered as priority, Jdm like Aqua, Allion,Premio.
    Etc offers much more than the local XLi or GLi. Or even city

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    You can import them within days (3-4 days)
    does everyone in Pakistan have an import license? Or are you talking about aliexpress.com

btw - the finer detail in the picture is the missing cap on the rear speed sensor, this is the older design, also called a waste of time.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    does everyone in Pakistan have an import license? Or are you talking about aliexpress.com
    Everything like can be sourced out now a days

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wish you were there instead and then we would love to see your reaction.
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw - the finer detail in the picture is the missing cap on the rear speed sensor, this is the older design, also called a waste of time.
    You don't need an import license
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3 years back purchased a 5 Grade Low mileage pearl white Vitz Rs, And that car is a treat to drive,Bought it for around 1.5 million and that car is leaps and bounds ahead of any pkdmin quality,excellent on fuel,road grip,safety and as an overall package

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now same Vitz Rs is 90k driven,Still total genuine and i dont mind suffer a bit of loss in that because it has served tremendously well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    While considering purchase and then resale of the cars you need to consider depreciation and utility,For instance what wear and tear the car faced over use and what benefit it gave you over period of time as you can not count it out, I buy out a pepsi can for rupees 70 and drink it to half,cant expect it to sell at 70 rupees,As i have gained my share of utility and satisifaction however if i dont think that the utility was greater than the amount i faced upon purchase or slight difference at resale, I should have considered it back then at purchase that what sort of utility i desire, For instance,I pay up 2 million on purchase, use the car for 8 to 12 months,In which car serves me well and has its share of wear and tear as it should not be bothered that it sells for 1.9 or 1.8 million, because it served its purpose of use and utility along with its wear and tear, Also in that period i might be able to save up some amount as to negate the availability of finance in that mark later
    Hahahahahaha Nice economics ! But all of these concepts are only therotical real life economy and buisness is quite different and opposite to these theories plus you can not compare satisfaction gained from an eatable with a vehicle which is a valuable asset !

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Back in 2006 when we were buying Lancer, many people said that it has parts issue, manufacturing fault, no resale etc etc but going against the norm we bought that car and today, almost 9 years later, Alhamdulillah that car is still there just having driver side door and fender resprayed that too because of some moron who hit my parked car back in 2010.
    We have taken it to AJK, Multan, mostly to Lahore and Chakwal and not even once did the car ever break down or anything.
    Alhamdulillah it never gave ANY sort of serious issue, currently it has around 83,000 km on the odo and now 9 years later it requires only some maintenance expense that too related to engine belts and slight suspension issue, other than that, the car is running flawless Masha Allah
    As for the spare parts, everything is available, if you want brand new go to the 3S they have everything this car needs, if you want used parts, they are available in all major used parts markets, no problem at all.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he thought 0 meter car no worries bla bla bla he had a mehran so cultus or should we call fultus was a big improvement

Engine bay on the left side near fender was like some one hit that with a hammer
    all engine foundations made noises
    i talked to him and he admitted that Excitement of a new car got better of hold of him
    Sad indeed !
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Everyone has different priorities thats why everyone has a different opinion on what is better.

Those who want worry-free dealer-guaranteed service - they buy local, and brand new.
    Those who know they can tinker about, and don't mind taking a risk - they venture towards JDMs.
    There is the third type - they just go with the flow around them (ustad jee's recommended brand, competing with cars of extended family members, the new fad in town, etc)

So guys, just relax. Eat ice cream.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Yes. This is a Brand New Swift parked at a Suzuki Showroom, Brand New, I repeat, Brand New.. @Xulfiqar , @saboor73
    JDMs The Misconceptions and Myths -1579437JDMs The Misconceptions and Myths -1579438JDMs The Misconceptions and Myths -1579439JDMs The Misconceptions and Myths -1579440JDMs The Misconceptions and Myths -1579441
    Hmm in 2010 i bought xli with malfunction gear lever bush upon creating a bit aagama they repaired it and wrote a letter that if particuallar problem occurs again they will fix it evens if warranty runs out on the other hand my jdm accrod is not used from 2 months becoz during oil change oil wala putted civic oil filter on accord one is not available in market
    Official support is big blesseing you haven' t kept any JDM for long that why you don't have a idea that accord is with us for five years still finding parts sometime become hassle

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadMusa View Post
    Hahahahahaha Nice economics ! But all of these concepts are only therotical real life economy and buisness is quite different and opposite to these theories plus you can not compare satisfaction gained from an eatable with a vehicle which is a valuable asset !

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Obviously you can,I bought a tyre set for 22k ab woh 12 k ka bhi nahi bik raha after 3 month use tou ronay beth jaon?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Back in 2006 when we were buying Lancer, many people said that it has parts issue, manufacturing fault, no resale etc etc but going against the norm we bought that car and today, almost 9 years later, Alhamdulillah that car is still there just having driver side door and fender resprayed that too because of some moron who hit my parked car back in 2010.
    We have taken it to AJK, Multan, mostly to Lahore and Chakwal and not even once did the car ever break down or anything.
    Alhamdulillah it never gave ANY sort of serious issue, currently it has around 83,000 km on the odo and now 9 years later it requires only some maintenance expense that too related to engine belts and slight suspension issue, other than that, the car is running flawless Masha Allah
    As for the spare parts, everything is available, if you want brand new go to the 3S they have everything this car needs, if you want used parts, they are available in all major used parts markets, no problem at all.
    Lancer is a great car, very wise choice you made back then

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Hmm in 2010 i bought xli with malfunction gear lever bush upon creating a bit aagama they repaired it and wrote a letter if particuallar problem occurs again they will fix it evens if warranty runs out on the other hand my hdn accrod if not used from 2 months becoz during oil change oil wala putted civic oil filter on accord one is not available in market
    Official support is big blesseing you haven' t kept any JDM for that why you don't have a idea that accord is with us for five years still finding parts sometime become hassle
    Have Vitz RS from 3 years, I think you might find kabli parts for accord, And @muradi has kept lots of jdms

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    You don't need an import license
    duties on such parts import? or khayp import?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Thats becoz Mitsubishi officially launched lancer finding parts for similar era galant will be hard job

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lancer is a great car, very wise choice you made back then
    Yes bro indeed it was a wise choice, the level of comfort in this car and the driving pleasure is unmatched.
    Many people are after me to buy this car but I always politely reject them as this car is now a part of the family
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Have Vitz RS from 3 years, I think you might find kabli parts for accord, And @muradi has kept lots of jdms
    I know he kept JDM i was trying to write you haven't kept JDM for long forgetted to type long

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

User Tag List