Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: JDMs, The Misconceptions and Myths.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb JDMs, The Misconceptions and Myths.

Assalam o Alaikum Everyone.
    From the past few days a hot argument is going on between Wagon R Owners and Jdm Owners which is doing nothing but creating hatred and in the end jdm owners r accused of being so called " DEALERS " and afraid of their cars not being sold due to the amazing Success of Wagon R (LOL)
    Similar many examples r available and r creating alot of Misconceptions and Confusing potential Buyers.

Japanese Cars:
    There is absolutely no doubt on the fact that these cars r very much advanced then the local cars manufactured here. Have a lot of attractive features and are light on fuel aswell.
    The Goods of Jdms:
    1. Much Advanced Cars with very good built quality
    2. Much Stronger.
    3. Alot of Safety Features.
    4. More Spacious
    5. Light on fuel
    6. More Reliable.
    7. Easy to drive ( in case of 660cc )
    8. Have even more features than a top of the line civic at almost half the cost
    The Bads:
    1. Side Mirrors, ( They r easily removable and expensive. Although local car mirrors arent safe as well i.e Corolla )
    2. Parts r Considerably Expensive. ( Although market cars like Mira and Alto have spares priced similar to pkdms )
    The Myths:
    1. Jdms. Especially 660cc r unreliable and heatup on long routes.
    This is not true at all. These engines are very powerful and can easily bear continuous long drives with ease.
    2. Jdms die with heavy weight. ( 660 )
    To an extent this is true, but doesn't mean that car will die with 4 people on board. If u have a small family like a couple with children 660 is fit for you. but if u r going to fit 4 100kgs+ Pehelwans inside the car will surely hesitate
    3. The Engine is very advanced and can not be understood by mechanics in pak.
    That is a big joke. The Car does not use some special engine from another universe, It uses a normal Efi engine which is now found in almost every pkdm new car and a mechanic working on a pdm car can easily work on a jdm.
    4. Car touches alot of speed breakers.
    Yes but same is the case with majority of pkdms, Blame the speed breakers not the Car
    5. Jdms are not value for money.
    If jdms r not value for money, then is 7 Lacs for a Mehran and 10 Lacs for a Cultus value for money?
    6. Jdms have Zero Resale.
    Jdms r the first choice of dealers to make money and gives alot of profit. Many owners have sold them on profit as they dont have a fixed value and their value keeps changing.
    7. Jdms r mostly Accidented
    Not All Jdms are accidented, Some are, Its the Buyers responsibility to get the car checked by a denter and ask for an auction sheet from the dealer and get it verified. And not just jdms we should get pkdms checked aswell as brand new pdms can also get hit and r locally repaired at dealerships before delivery,
    8.JDMS r Sluggish and have no pick
    They r designed to obtain optimum Fuel Economy and not for street racing . The CVT tranny isn't fun but helps to keep the rpm stable and to achieve max fuel economy, That is the reason why Vitz has a low pick at starting.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

The Reason of creating this thread was to clear up all the misconceptions growing up and to end the hatred being built among members.
    Another funny thing.
    Iv'e heard many members saying when anyone says something supporting jdm. " He is a dealer, Humari gari ki waja se in ka kaam band hogaya hai is liye bechare pareshan hai " . People, Please be sensible, We have better things to do in life rather than doing such crap here. Calling someone a dealer because he is with jdms is the height of wisdom . I or any jdm supporter have absolutely no link with buying, selling or importing jdms. I own a Pkdm and im pretty happy with it. ( Will be posting a detailed comparison bw Swift and Vitz aswell ).
    Peace
    MOD Edit: This is not a Jdm Vs Pkdm thread.
    this thread is to clear the misconceptions growing and confusing members about jdms.
    No Personal Attacks,
    Kindly keep this thread Clean.

Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Nope. 4.5 Grade is just given for minor scratches and a bit dirty interior. Rest no repairs required at all.
    WagonR. Have u driven that machine? It has serious stability issues. Aise nayi gari se to ill love to buy a locally repaired jdm anyday
    didn't face any stability issues, the car has body roll but the wheels stay planted to the road, don't lift off. there's someone here who has done full meter without any issue. and don't you think scratches need to be repaired? i've seen 4.5 grade cars with scratches + small dings the kind that happens when cricket ball hits your car.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    4.5 grade garri dekho usman bhai its like brand new. Just 1 or 2 minor spots which are only visible with microscope will be on interior or exterior.
    If this is the case why bother pkdm then. The crap hatchbacks like wagon r already have issues when brand new zero meter.

Only R grade vehicles sometimes need repairs else mostly they already have replaced brand new parts from Japan.
    R grade are major accidental vehicles that imho must be scrapped instead of being exported to countries like ours where dealers play with our precious lives by selling such cars with oxyacetylene welds and botched safety systems by wiring there lights with oil pressure light. at least a cultus has working crumple zones and predictable behavior under accident.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

R grade is given to cars with some part replacements, major accidental airbag deployed cars are given "triple star" that is ungraded.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    R grade is given to cars with some part replacements, major accidental airbag deployed cars are given "triple star" that is ungraded.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    that part could be anything, i've seen perfectly good r grade vehicles and totally junkyard stuff too. it depends, R grade vehicles are a gamble.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    didn't face any stability issues, the car has body roll but the wheels stay planted to the road, don't lift off. there's someone here who has done full meter without any issue. and don't you think scratches need to be repaired? i've seen 4.5 grade cars with scratches + small dings the kind that happens when cricket ball hits your car.
    Strange. Ive kept 3.5grade cars and they have still been scratch less. A minor scuff can easily be removed by compounding. If it had big scratches it won't have been given a 4.5 grade.
    As far as stability is concerned. Please plan a trip to sea view khi on a windy day on WR and u will understand what I mean
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

R grade are major accidental vehicles that imho must be scrapped instead of being exported to countries like ours where dealers play with our precious lives by selling such cars with oxyacetylene welds and botched safety systems by wiring there lights with oil pressure light. at least a cultus has working crumple zones and predictable behavior under accident.
    you are wrong bro. R grade are damaged vehicles without airbags deployed, they just have body parts replaced like doors or a fender etc. they no way major accidental. Major accidental have no grade or history what so ever. And dealers lol forget them, they can make anything brand new. Always import from someone who is reliable and verify the auction sheet before hand. And no matter what, cultus will remain a joke, its way over priced and us ki her cheez ko alignment ki zarorat hai. Once I saw a brand new jeeeroooo meter culTHUS going side ways on a straight road LOL.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What if im going to buy a used cultus
    Won't that be repaired cheaply by a dealer and sold as genyan?
    Its the buyers responsibility to get the car checked whether jdm or pkdm. Even brand new cars have pieces painted pkdm.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When i had bought a Zero Meter Mehran it was like a Blessing for me back in 2006, Drove her 6years and faced alot of issues with it, still loved it, then bought a 2008 Alto, That car was the worst mistake ever i made, sold it on loss and then bought a Chevrolet Joy, It was like iv'e been moved to another universe, it was my first efi car and was absolutely a gem for me. I realized what crap i was driving, Then Upgraded to Jdm Alto and never had to visit the workshop again. before i bought jdms, My Best friend was the Mechanic
    Hey bro, I am not comparing which one is better. I know JDM alto and other cars are very good quality. As we know since ages that Japanese brand is the most popular choice in Pakistan. I just want to say that JDM being greatest does not mean PKDM is worst...... We can say that JDM is better than PKDM hence if PKDM are not greatest even then they do great. Moving millions of people daily. I haven't yet used JDM but the PKDM I used didn't caused me such issues that I need to make mechanic friend

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

died? on pakwheels maybe, you gotta go out to see the real world and visit some car markets before making such assumptions.
    Here old school charade and fx are running here and there so how can one say cultus is dying? When I go out on road, I see cultus more than even Mehran.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no im not making assumptions bro, a neighbour is trying to get rid of his 2014 cultus and its been more than 6 months and no buyers
    As heard and seen some, new models of Cultus are not good. Should stick to old ones

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All cars imported from abroad r accidented?
    No most of them are dancing cars( pk wali dancing car). Personally witness about dancing car issue while my brief/short visit to japan.
    Btw dancing car act starts from friday eve.
    And here in pakistan we can say abt jdm " bhai abhi tak spotless bilkul brand new jaise khasboo aa rahi hai interior say".
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't recall any "brake failure" issue with corolla although some variants came without abs but braking power is absolutely fine unless a dummy is driving who doesn't respect that power, I have a 2003 model 2.0d saloon without abs and never face any issues.
    You must joking mate. Brakes of that corolla are all over the place. You brake a little hard at 30 and it won't stop, yours is a diesel hence the engine itself lags it. Use it in petrol, it's a freaking death trap. Countless that I have seen, who applied brakes, couldn't stop and BAM! Lots of people lost arms, legs and lives due to this issue and you say there is no issue

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khizar44 View Post
    Have you lost it, the 1994 Corollas are all JDM's and for your kind information Toyota Indus cars were produced in 1998.
    First of all show some respect to that guy second indus to sell car in pak before manufacturing them with complete official support

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no im not making assumptions bro, a neighbour is trying to get rid of his 2014 cultus and its been more than 6 months and no buyers
    Market of Karachi is quite slow i have a guy with xli waiting for buyer from last 3 month

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Just for the sake of arguement Toyota carried out a recall in jap for airbag for car manufactured in 2003 to 2007 how many you guys received replacement from japan
    lol - the recall can only apply if the product was purchased through a registered agent, not a private import. For these JDMs to get a replacement airbag they need to ship these cars back to Japan and get them road legal again there.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    lol - the recall can only apply if the product was purchased through a registered agent, not a private import. For these JDMs to get a replacement airbag they need to ship these cars back to Japan and get them road legal again there.
    What recall? As far as the manufacturer is concerned, those VINs have been destroyed and off the books.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

4.5 grade means it needs minor repair, it isn't comparable with brand new. btw pkdm wagon r has better specs(less features but we can compromise after all it's a brand new ride na)
    Even a 3 grade car doesnt needs any minor repair. Lol worthy comments

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it'd be sold as all genuine with "srs baloons" in dash and all lights going off correctly(by patching it to oil pressure light) and with same abs unit and if it doesn't work the answer would be "lgta ha sir kabhi abs wali gari ne chalai aesa e hota ha, ab barri or chotti gari k abs ma itna faraq tw ho ga e."
    Kisi k Iman par shak nahi kia ja sakta...!
    You are making assumptions yourself over here , i never told to any buyer that car is accident free , in fact you can check the add too , i didn't even mention airbags there
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some serious baseless and logic less comments here, Jdm quality and value for money are head and shoulders above pkdms

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Kisi k Iman par shak nahi kia ja sakta...!
    You are making assumptions yourself over here , i never told to any buyer that car is accident free , in fact you can check the add too , i didn't even mention airbags there
    Old psychology mate.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

User Tag List