Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: JDMs, The Misconceptions and Myths.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb JDMs, The Misconceptions and Myths.

Assalam o Alaikum Everyone.
    From the past few days a hot argument is going on between Wagon R Owners and Jdm Owners which is doing nothing but creating hatred and in the end jdm owners r accused of being so called " DEALERS " and afraid of their cars not being sold due to the amazing Success of Wagon R (LOL)
    Similar many examples r available and r creating alot of Misconceptions and Confusing potential Buyers.

Japanese Cars:
    There is absolutely no doubt on the fact that these cars r very much advanced then the local cars manufactured here. Have a lot of attractive features and are light on fuel aswell.
    The Goods of Jdms:
    1. Much Advanced Cars with very good built quality
    2. Much Stronger.
    3. Alot of Safety Features.
    4. More Spacious
    5. Light on fuel
    6. More Reliable.
    7. Easy to drive ( in case of 660cc )
    8. Have even more features than a top of the line civic at almost half the cost
    The Bads:
    1. Side Mirrors, ( They r easily removable and expensive. Although local car mirrors arent safe as well i.e Corolla )
    2. Parts r Considerably Expensive. ( Although market cars like Mira and Alto have spares priced similar to pkdms )
    The Myths:
    1. Jdms. Especially 660cc r unreliable and heatup on long routes.
    This is not true at all. These engines are very powerful and can easily bear continuous long drives with ease.
    2. Jdms die with heavy weight. ( 660 )
    To an extent this is true, but doesn't mean that car will die with 4 people on board. If u have a small family like a couple with children 660 is fit for you. but if u r going to fit 4 100kgs+ Pehelwans inside the car will surely hesitate
    3. The Engine is very advanced and can not be understood by mechanics in pak.
    That is a big joke. The Car does not use some special engine from another universe, It uses a normal Efi engine which is now found in almost every pkdm new car and a mechanic working on a pdm car can easily work on a jdm.
    4. Car touches alot of speed breakers.
    Yes but same is the case with majority of pkdms, Blame the speed breakers not the Car
    5. Jdms are not value for money.
    If jdms r not value for money, then is 7 Lacs for a Mehran and 10 Lacs for a Cultus value for money?
    6. Jdms have Zero Resale.
    Jdms r the first choice of dealers to make money and gives alot of profit. Many owners have sold them on profit as they dont have a fixed value and their value keeps changing.
    7. Jdms r mostly Accidented
    Not All Jdms are accidented, Some are, Its the Buyers responsibility to get the car checked by a denter and ask for an auction sheet from the dealer and get it verified. And not just jdms we should get pkdms checked aswell as brand new pdms can also get hit and r locally repaired at dealerships before delivery,
    8.JDMS r Sluggish and have no pick
    They r designed to obtain optimum Fuel Economy and not for street racing . The CVT tranny isn't fun but helps to keep the rpm stable and to achieve max fuel economy, That is the reason why Vitz has a low pick at starting.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

The Reason of creating this thread was to clear up all the misconceptions growing up and to end the hatred being built among members.
    Another funny thing.
    Iv'e heard many members saying when anyone says something supporting jdm. " He is a dealer, Humari gari ki waja se in ka kaam band hogaya hai is liye bechare pareshan hai " . People, Please be sensible, We have better things to do in life rather than doing such crap here. Calling someone a dealer because he is with jdms is the height of wisdom . I or any jdm supporter have absolutely no link with buying, selling or importing jdms. I own a Pkdm and im pretty happy with it. ( Will be posting a detailed comparison bw Swift and Vitz aswell ).
    Peace
    MOD Edit: This is not a Jdm Vs Pkdm thread.
    this thread is to clear the misconceptions growing and confusing members about jdms.
    No Personal Attacks,
    Kindly keep this thread Clean.

Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    @usman_arooq2 and @saboor73
    Bhai sorry if I offended anyone. But you can see how nightshade replied to my comment when I asked him about autolights and smart entry system. I didn't start this and asked him politely. May be he knows better then me but my point was that k ye dono bohat useful chezzain hain which should have been present in our pkdm cars.
    Anyways I am sorry if I offended anyone.
    Let's debate in peace
    forget about that nabeel

last day a customer walked in my workshop after his 2000 civic accident .. he was complaining for missing front bar ..then told him its PKDM motor u dont get everything something are missing in our local cars

if ever u get a chance ... open suzuki lian JDM n local 1

n see the bars both use ... i was surprised ..local car had 2 pipes instead of strong square bar used in JDM liana
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    95km/h nah any thing above 75km/h and mileage starts to drop on 660cc
    It starts to drop on any car sir
    They're not means for highway use.
    You should see Prius vs A race car , fuel economy test on top gear
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

95km/h nah any thing above 75km/h and mileage starts to drop on 660cc

jdm models specially alto n mira dont come with rpms

issue arise with gear ... at 75km/H u r hardly touching 3k ..but at 95km its around 4.5k

as i travel often to peshawar...at 95km/H without AC it gave me 22.3 km /L with refuel tank ...

with 120km/H average i got 17km/L

with 110km/H with 2 pesengers it gave 15.5km/H

same test done with other cr alto 2008 5 speed manual i had ..even at 120km/H with 3 ppl on board it gave 19km/L

which was good enough

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTShAdE View Post
    My point was ke banda apna point clear keray, or apni baat keray. What is the point in sarcasticalyy questioning others personal knowledge. You give your point others give theirs and let people decide who has got more weight. Khair leave it.
    Bhai I was not being sarcastic seriously. I thought you didn't know the usefulness of the jdm features. And these to me are really useful.
    With smart entry system, one can easily enter the car with remote in their pockets. In university once I was holding so much stuff and just easily went to my car and unlocked it by just keeping my hand on the door handle, without taking the remote of my pocket. And in fog Autolights are really useful, if you switch of your car the light switch of by themselves. Many people forget to switch of their lights in fog at day time. And then their car battery dies.
    I so wich they were in our local cars.
    Anyways yet again I am sorry if I offended you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

editted

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rozzzzz View Post
    forget about that nabeel

last day a customer walked in my workshop after his 2000 civic accident .. he was complaining for missing front bar ..then told him its PKDM motor u dont get everything something are missing in our local cars

if ever u get a chance ... open suzuki lian JDM n local 1

n see the bars both use ... i was surprised ..local car had 2 pipes instead of strong square bar used in JDM liana
    Indeed these small things matter a lot. And these are not cosmetics they really add value to our lifestyles.
    Beneath the bumpers of our pkdm rides , there is no solid hard protection. Isi liye to jub mehran or cultus lagay tu un ka sub kuch under ghus jata hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

jdm models specially alto n mira dont come with rpms

issue arise with gear ... at 75km/H u r hardly touching 3k ..but at 95km its around 4.5k

as i travel often to peshawar...at 95km/H without AC it gave me 22.3 km /L with refuel tank ...

with 120km/H average i got 17km/L

with 110km/H with 2 pesengers it gave 15.5km/H

same test done with other cr alto 2008 5 speed manual i had ..even at 120km/H with 3 ppl on board it gave 19km/L

which was good enough
    The mileage figure you quoted are in valid every engine no matter 660cc aur 2400cc jave it economy zone under 2k rpn and 660cc dinkey cant mentain even 65-70km/h under 2k rpm these 660cc are jigh revvibg engines sometime even 12k rpm so at 120 km/l they will not be under 9k rpm in any case so it almost impossiblr to achieve 19km/l and such rpm

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why is there a very big diffrence between mehran 800 cc and these jdm 660 cc cars acceleration
    Mehran is very slow than these cara even with a biger engine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With all due respect Mrs educated let just suppose Pakistan government start following all japanese standard and force manufacturer to install rear seats belt and strick law and order of wearing seat belt imposed in Pakistan now imagine your family have 6 member and you have only one sedan at home the seatbelt law will allow 4 ppl in car as according to starandatd a sedan have 2 seat belts at rear and SUV can have 3 seat belt at rear what will do then will you buy another car
    First of all, show some respect (since you were the one to tell me to respect others when I was using offensive language). After this I would like to tell you that sedans don't have 2 seat belts for rear passengers, they have 3 (my JDM has 3, so don't know about others) and then after this if you talk about Japanese law, then in that case, cars should be easily available so that the ordinary man doesn't face difficulties. And one more thing, if you really love your car you wouldn't like it if 10 people sit in it altogether as it can damage the suspension.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The mileage figure you quoted are in valid every engine no matter 660cc aur 2400cc jave it economy zone under 2k rpn and 660cc dinkey cant mentain even 65-70km/h under 2k rpm these 660cc are jigh revvibg engines sometime even 12k rpm so at 120 km/l they will not be under 9k rpm in any case so it almost impossiblr to achieve 19km/l and such rpm
    @saboor

12k rpm .... you got to be kidding me brother

they rev lock at 6k but some how they rev lock at 9k for you waoooooo sounds amazing yaar and 12k rev (u have no idea what u r taking about )

they dont have long revs ..auto transmission have long gears ..specially the final drive .....

dont deny any 1 working when you have not done ir personally ..its bad habit

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moeeze View Post
    Why is there a very big diffrence between mehran 800 cc and these jdm 660 cc cars acceleration
    Mehran is very slow than these cara even with a biger engine
    these small engine you will see are actually high compression engines producing more power then 800cc motors

they have to follow rules and for less tax then either produce HC motors or turbo charged ... in both way they have less CC but more power

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice joke bro....
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khizar44 View Post
    First of all, show some respect (since you were the one to tell me to respect others when I was using offensive language). After this I would like to tell you that sedans don't have 2 seat belts for rear passengers, they have 3 (my JDM has 3, so don't know about others) and then after this if you talk about Japanese law, then in that case, cars should be easily available so that the ordinary man doesn't face difficulties. And one more thing, if you really love your car you wouldn't like it if 10 people sit in it altogether as it can damage the suspension.
    While tying that post i didn't had the intension of disrespecting someone still if you felt any disrepect than apoligy from my side maybe some sedans come with 3 seat belt but 2 are starandard i was reading somewhere over internet that a guy in US i guess was saying that he preffer is old car compared tobhis new car becoz he can easily travell with his 6 member family which is not possible in new car and in the i didn't said to over load you car with 10 ppl suspension part every car is designed according country environment that why pkdm have higher suspension than JDM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 bro here u r saying the modern jdm cars r crappy. On the other hand u r saying pkdm mehran waghaira r crap
    So please tell me. What should we buy. A 80s accord. A charade. A 80s mehran or craptus. Or a fuel guzzler alto or a liana?
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    @saboor73 bro here u r saying the modern jdm cars r crappy. On the other hand u r saying pkdm mehran waghaira r crap
    So please tell me. What should we buy. A 80s accord. A charade. A 80s mehran or craptus. Or a fuel guzzler alto or a liana?
    hold on brother ...first let him google 12k rev ..... my B16 all motor used to destroy engine oil at 8800 rpm..... m just waiting for this 12k rev motor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    I like to keep different car so does that mean i recommamd those cars to other ? About mehran i dont recomnand it to other is becoz ppl buyig mehran things that they have license for cheap and temporary fix by jugaar etc so when i bought mehran 90% mechanic declared that car 100% trobule free which didn't had themostate vavle and oil filter/gear oil not changed for a decade after changing the thing the car become daily usbale don't you remwber ahmedraja thread where i said that mehran is best of driving in sarder type area well liana forget it no point discussing that craptus is still better than 660cc car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If u feel craptus is better than 660cc then my friend no point of arguing.
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hold on brother ...first let him google 12k rev ..... my B16 all motor used to destroy engine oil at 8800 rpm..... m just waiting for this 12k rev motor
    Bro i am sorry i accept my mistake actually i don't know why but somehow i had in my that alto eco idle rpm meter have 11k rpm as last reading just checked in 9k rpm i remebered neddle poation of rpm meter at 120km/h which made ne assume it was 9k rpm at 120km/h

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i am sorry i accept my mistake actually i don't know why but somehow i had in my that alto eco idle rpm meter have 11k rpm as last reading just checked in 9k rpm i remebered neddle poation of rpm meter at 120km/h which made ne assume it was 9k rpm at 120km/h
    you mean original RPM with 11k ..or some after market rpm meter added to it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor

12k rpm .... you got to be kidding me brother

they rev lock at 6k but some how they rev lock at 9k for you waoooooo sounds amazing yaar and 12k rev (u have no idea what u r taking about )

they dont have long revs ..auto transmission have long gears ..specially the final drive .....
    6k fuel cut-off? Even an ES1 Civic has a 7k cut-off. The 660cc would be something like 7.5-8k+, since they produce more power than Mehran and Cultus. That extra power doesn't come for free; they have to rev higher to achieve that power, sacrificing low and mid range torque, unless its a turbo.

Anyways, a Mira 4 speed auto goes at 4.1k RPM fully locked out (0.696 4th, 5.222 final, stock tires). That's not tall geared by any stretch. Show a road like the M1 motorway, and it will mostly be slipping its converter and downshifting just to maintain 120 km/h. So, it will realistically be in the 4.6-5.5k range simply cruising at that speed.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

User Tag List