im thinking about starting a business in my city. it will be a workshop where vehicles can do body wash, oil change, tune up, wheel alignment, wheel balancing and maybe selling tires/wheels of different kind.
i will be asking around and researching from other people & places but if anyone here can tell me some information.
-the price of cng tune up machines, wheel balancing machine, body wash service station machines and accessories needed.
-where are these sourced from.
i will b looking at workshop sites and rents as well. i need to know the above info as well so i can have an estimate as to how much rupees i will be needing to startup. i will be starting up somtimes after ramzan.
The information you have requested is more towards the business planning with cost estimation. Due to the nature of business infrastructure and support in Pakistan, nobody will be able to give you this information readily. If I were you, I would go about this business plan the following way.
By looking at your question alone, I guess, you do not know the brands for machinery you are after. Is that correct? If so, first try to find the brands and companies that manufacture such machines. If not, bravo, it means you are serious about the business so far
If I were you, I would do the following in given order ...
1. Get the knowledge of all the required machinery available (I'll start my search on AliBaba.com)
2. Get the idea of the prices of all the machinery, their brands, ratings and overall specs, pros and cons.
3. Get the idea of taxation of machinery (a big problem in Pakistan)
3. Once I know the machinery I would need, along with the area requirements and cost estimations, I'll then look out for best locations for the business.
4. That way I can estimate if my business' capital can support it. If it does, I'll then go for further information.
4.1. That's another story if the location of business is good for this type of business.
5. Once this is done, I'll then start meeting the other business owners and finding people who can help me import the required machinery and get the estimations accordingly.
We can discuss that if you've reached this point because at this point, the actual 'khuwari' and risks starts ...
I am not a businessman nor belongs to a business-family, however I have seen a few startups (both successful and flops ones) so I know a pattern to go about in such situations.
Start with a simple car oil filter change station with a car wash station. When you see the costumer base is increasing then increase your services further to a all in service station from car repairing to tuning as you like. Its very hard to start a business and keep quality at top for all types of services and the best to do for a newbie like you is to do the 2 things I suggested and increase with time.
Your plans seems reasonable and positive to me and I think you should definitely go for the business.
Always remember Insaan sirf koshish kar sakta hai Kamyaabi dena ALLAH ka kaam hai. Goodluck with your project.
i have found many alignment and wheel balancing machines and i will inquire more about them soon. one thing i cant find is any mention of those tuning machines our local cng/petrol tuners use. noting is listed about those.