2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Expecting Delivery of Corolla Grande in 3 days, some questions

So I've paid the non filers WHT, due to FBR website not identifying me as a filer. Now the Grande should arrive on Monday.
    I couldn't make out answers to a few questions due to numerous opinions scattered across the forums. Replies to these questions should also help those looking for straight forward answers to these queries.

1. What engine lubricant should be used with the Grande's 1.8 litre engine.

2. What tires would be a suitable replacement for the Euros.

3. Is it ok to use 16/17 inch wheels. To what extent does it affect the fuel economy, comfort and handling.

4. Do larger wheels affect the car's readings like speed, mileage or fuel economy. If so, is there a way to calibrate these variations in the Grande.

5. What size tires should go with the larger wheels.

6. What brand and type of solutions/polishes and wipes should be used for cleaning and maintenance of interior and exterior.

7. Is there any element of the car that one should consider upgrading/replacing.

Answers to any of these questions would be appreciated. Please let me know if I may have missed any important query.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buhoat buhot mubarak sorry i am not expert to answer bus khush huwa to plz accept my congratulation

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai its a corolla not a s class keh aap itne sawal pooch rahay hein! just treat it like any other corolla that uv had before! nothing special is required!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by satardr View Post
    buhoat buhot mubarak sorry i am not expert to answer bus khush huwa to plz accept my congratulation
    Thanks! Means a lot. I'll be sharing my experience and reviewing every upgrade I make.
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirq View Post
    bhai its a corolla not a s class keh aap itne sawal pooch rahay hein! just treat it like any other corolla that uv had before! nothing special is required!
    LOL. The thing is, I've never treated any car before. This is going to be my first personal ride. Gonna make all the upgrades and changes in the first couple of weeks. Then it's normal corolla days for me.. Like u said

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bnda MA ,congrats etc hi bool deta hai! why so sarial? even a mehran is better than an S-class for the one who earned day n nite to fulfill his dream of owning a personal car! Congrats on the new car @OP drive safe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    bnda MA ,congrats etc hi bool deta hai! why so sarial? even a mehran is better than an S-class for the one who earned day n nite to fulfill his dream of owning a personal car! Congrats on the new car @OP drive safe
    Agreed.

Congrats bro. You wont need to change the oil before 5000KM's, but follow the owners manual and you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend 17's as the ride comfort and average will be affected but not by a 'huge' margin. It actually depends on how much you're willing to compromise. 16's on the other hand would be ideal as I presume they are used on corolla's world wide. For tyres try Yokohama Advan DB, Continental CC5 or Michellin Energy XM2. Should cost you 17-20k on top with your Euro's. Just check the method of import and manufacturing dates. Congrats once again and enjoy the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congrats bro but if you want to replace tyres then let me know i want those tyres

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    Thanks! You made me feel a lot more good about my new ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    Agreed.

Congrats bro. You wont need to change the oil before 5000KM's, but follow the owners manual and you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend 17's as the ride comfort and average will be affected but not by a 'huge' margin. It actually depends on how much you're willing to compromise. 16's on the other hand would be ideal as I presume they are used on corolla's world wide. For tyres try Yokohama Advan DB, Continental CC5 or Michellin Energy XM2. Should cost you 17-20k on top with your Euro's. Just check the method of import and manufacturing dates. Congrats once again and enjoy the car.
    Thanks! Those are some very important tips, especially the manufacturing date. Could you please tell more about the import method and which of the two suggested tires I should go for and why. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by s.mohsin.i View Post
    congrats bro but if you want to replace tyres then let me know i want those tyres
    Thanks! What city are you situated?
    "Faster, Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." ― Hunter S. Thompson

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very strange reply from you bro. Then what's so special in S class?? One should get Rolce Royce Phantom.
    For OP it's something beyond S class and I hope Grande serves him well MA.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by razarjhasan View Post

Thanks! Those are some very important tips, especially the manufacturing date. Could you please tell more about the import method and which of the two suggested tires I should go for and why. Thanks again!

I got Michellin XM2 for my civic. They provide better grip and comfort. I've heard a lot about continentals though. Maybe you should try them out. Khan tyres is the authorized dealer in Islamabad. Tyres are usually smuggled. Check for proper
    packaging and only purchase from a reputed and authorized store who can provide you with certificates for proof. Maybe take someone with you who is experienced. Also be with the person who is going to do the tyre change. Sometimes they will swap your OEM rims with fakes or even swap the lug nuts. Always be on their tales. Take a couple of friends with you as precaution.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RazarJhasan bhai aap se aik request hai whatever u plan to do with the car upgrade/change looks but pls keep it simple aus ko ricer gadi na bana dein! u must have seen aksar what ppl do with theri brand new cars
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RazarJhasan bhai aap se aik request hai whatever u plan to do with the car upgrade/change looks but pls keep it simple aus ko ricer gadi na bana dein! u must have seen aksar what ppl do with theri brand new cars
    Totally understand what you're trying to say. I want to keep it as original as possible. Chromed **** nhi banana

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    "Faster, Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." ― Hunter S. Thompson

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Very strange reply from you bro. Then what's so special in S class?? One should get Rolce Royce Phantom.
    For OP it's something beyond S class and I hope Grande serves him well MA.
    Thanks Brah!
    Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    I got Michellin XM2 for my civic. They provide better grip and comfort. I've heard a lot about continentals though. Maybe you should try them out. Khan tyres is the authorized dealer in Islamabad. Tyres are usually smuggled. Check for proper
    packaging and only purchase from a reputed and authorized store who can provide you with certificates for proof. Maybe take someone with you who is experienced. Also be with the person who is going to do the tyre change. Sometimes they will swap your OEM rims with fakes or even swap the lug nuts. Always be on their tales. Take a couple of friends with you as precaution.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Owe you one for such crucial advice. Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Finaley wait is over my altis 1.6 dispatch today from Karachi for Lahore hope fully arrive in two or three days.I am very excited .first thing to do changing tyres i decide to go for yokohama adv db v551(195/65/r15) plz suggest me best tyre dealer in Lahore i m from johar town .other thing what r the thing to check before taking delivery .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanoo7 View Post
    Finaley wait is over my altis 1.6 dispatch today from Karachi for Lahore hope fully arrive in two or three days.I am very excited .first thing to do changing tyres i decide to go for yokohama adv db v551(195/65/r15) plz suggest me best tyre dealer in Lahore i m from johar town .other thing what r the thing to check before taking delivery .
    suppose congratulations are in order. Both our cars should be arriving around the same date.
    You should check for the following issues during inspection
    1) Misaligned bumpers
    2) Black spots in paint, especially white paint
    3) misaligned rear lights
    4) Hard door handles
    5) rare but weird noise from engine bay on engine startup
    6) trunk doesnt open completely up from tention spring when pulled from inside
    7)squeaks from dash
    8)poorly finished chassis paint.
    Other than that the dealership guy should have a checklist you should be observing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So I was going through the 11th gen corolla thread and this endless debate about what type of lubricant one should use. Opinions vary from 5w30 to 20w50. Anybody got any idea what brand and type to use for the Grande.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanoo7 View Post
    MashaAllah congrats for Car bro!

And check Speed tires in Faisal town. They are the authorized dealers of Yokohama tires in Lahore. They will be expensive but they have tires imported through a proper channel.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in lahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by razarjhasan View Post

in lahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@razarjhasan pic upload karo, ya thread banao, jaldi karo ..... new car li hai bro, congratz, jaldi karo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List