Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: People who bought their car in the past year, have you gotten your WHT back?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default People who bought their car in the past year, have you gotten your WHT back?

So I've been quite reticent when it comes to purchasing a new car for the past several months due to the introduction of the vehicle WHT tax last summer.

So I just want to get some feedback from people who have bought cars, have they received that amount back? If so, how long after filing your taxes, does it take to get them money back? In what form does it come back (direct deposit, or do the kind folks at the FBR send you a check)?

Finally is there anyone who hasn't gotten his money back? Can you speculate as to why that may be?

Similar Threads:

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkarachi View Post
      So I've been quite reticent when it comes to purchasing a new car for the past several months due to the introduction of the vehicle WHT tax last summer.

So I just want to get some feedback from people who have bought cars, have they received that amount back? If so, how long after filing your taxes, does it take to get them money back? In what form does it come back (direct deposit, or do the kind folks at the FBR send you a check)?

Finally is there anyone who hasn't gotten his money back? Can you speculate as to why that may be?
      Will sir, this is pakistan why do you expect you'll get your money back. Government gives nothing back.
      I don't know about wht but my dad tells me how fbr owes him more than 2,50,000. He's files his tax every year and inquires about his money. What a clerk offered him was, I'll get you your money if you give 20% of it to me. So you should be informed that is the only way to get your money from fbr. Pay the people there some and get some back

PakWheeler Follow
      Follows
      Following
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      Problems Solved
      Best Answers
      Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkarachi View Post

The government didn't force anyone to buy a car, everyone who made a purchase during that period simply agreed to pay the tax, Would you pay an additional WHT on your car if it is imposed a FY after you made the purchase? no, Then why do you expect the government to repay the difference of the previous year. Nobody is getting a single penny back. The government don't keep the money for itself, it is spent on the development of this country, and of course, to pay everyone their salaries. Looks like you think the government has a chest where it stores all the collected returns.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List