Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haris.K

Thread: Plastic Floor Mats - A word of advice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Plastic Floor Mats - A word of advice.

Hello people, earlier in my Corolla I was using plastic mats over carpet mats and I had severe dust problem in my car. Every time I'd drive around the dust would always be getting in my AC vents and the amount of it floating around was remarkably high.

However, I realized that it was because of the fact that plastic mats does not hold the dust at all and every time you step on them, it makes the dust rise and float around. Since carpet has the ability to hold the dust, carpet mats are a much better choice if you're a person like me and doesn't want to see those little dust bits all over in your car. Surely it is not a great idea to protect the spills but still worth it.

Thank you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A usual sight among very possessive drivers is a carpet mat below a plastic mat for 'extra' protection. These extra goodies often get folded and interfere with the clutch brake and gas pedals during driving.
    "BEHIND EVERY GREAT FORTUNE, THERE IS A CRIME"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by redsony View Post
    A usual sight among very possessive drivers is a carpet mat below a plastic mat for 'extra' protection. These extra goodies often get folded and interfere with the clutch brake and gas pedals during driving.
    Plus one to that, happened to me as well. Rarely but can be very dangerous.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by redsony View Post
    That usually happens if the mats aren't placed properly. Most modern cars have clips and buttons underneath the mats which hold the carpet mats in place, Eg: 8th Gen Civics, 9th Gen Civics, Corollas etc. All of my cars have two sets of mats; the OEM carpet mats underneath the plastic ones. There is a clip underneath which holds them in place. I have never faced such an issue. Plastic mats larger than the carpet mats should not be bought as that might cause some problem which is still highly unlikely.
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akramsalman.164 View Post
    That usually happens if the mats aren't placed properly. Most modern cars have clips and buttons underneath the mats which hold the carpet mats in place, Eg: 8th Gen Civics, 9th Gen Civics, Corollas etc. All of my cars have two sets of mats; the OEM carpet mats underneath the plastic ones. There is a clip underneath which holds them in place. I have never faced such an issue. Plastic mats larger than the carpet mats should not be bought as that might cause some problem which is still highly unlikely.
    To be honest, as I mentioned in my original post, my primary issue was dust. Plastic can't hold dust like carpet.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List