Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Purchasing My 1st Used Car - In need of Experienced Opinions

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    rmadridista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Purchasing My 1st Used Car - In need of Experienced Opinions

    Assalam O Alaikum

    I am willing to get a used Suzuki FX but as I am a newbie so I want opinions from you guys.

    1- I am 6 Feet tall, will I adjust easily in it?

    2- At what price an excellent FX should be bought?

    3- If the car is in tip top condition what monthly spent I should expect such as maintenance etc? I will be using it on weekends only and probably with 4 family members.

    4- Is it even possible to get a tip-top FX? One that just starts on ignition without the need of visiting mechanic every week.

    My decision to get a FX is purely because of budget. Earlier I planned to get a Charade but I don't think I can its maintenance easily.

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DANY_KHANN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i Remember the first car i bought from my own hard earned money it was FX she was an amazing companion. I bought her for 70K back in 2007. It was not in good condition body wise but engine was in great shape. I am also 6feet & for me getting in & out of it was an issue so i got those small after market steering wheel but still you will not get much of leg room for driver so you will have to slide the seat back to it max but then the person behind you will be sitting in shape that his legs will e kissing his chin :-) but that can also be sorted out you will have to re done the back seat. Overall FX is a good car if you take good care of it.

    First of all you should by a car which is already in good shape body wise & mechanically as well make sure there is not rust at all no means no period.

    If you car is in a good condition then make sure that every month you are spending at least 2000 to 3000 on for oil change both engine & transmission oil filter air filter tuning.
    דאס איז ייִדיש רייטינג.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    rmadridista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DANY_KHANN View Post
    i Remember the first car i bought from my own hard earned money it was FX she was an amazing companion. I bought her for 70K back in 2007. It was not in good condition body wise but engine was in great shape. I am also 6feet & for me getting in & out of it was an issue so i got those small after market steering wheel but still you will not get much of leg room for driver so you will have to slide the seat back to it max but then the person behind you will be sitting in shape that his legs will e kissing his chin :-) but that can also be sorted out you will have to re done the back seat. Overall FX is a good car if you take good care of it.

    First of all you should by a car which is already in good shape body wise & mechanically as well make sure there is not rust at all no means no period.

    If you car is in a good condition then make sure that every month you are spending at least 2000 to 3000 on for oil change both engine & transmission oil filter air filter tuning.
    Ah, this will be super helpful for me. Dany can you please tell me what it will cost to get seats done? Also if you can help me with the Purchasing price estimate

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Good luck with ur purchase

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DANY_KHANN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmadridista View Post
    Ah, this will be super helpful for me. Dany can you please tell me what it will cost to get seats done? Also if you can help me with the Purchasing price estimate
    a Good FX 88 model with no rust excellent engine condition and suspension everything in a perfect working condition with working AC should be around 100K to 130K not more then that.
    דאס איז ייִדיש רייטינג.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    rmadridista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DANY_KHANN View Post
    a Good FX 88 model with no rust excellent engine condition and suspension everything in a perfect working condition with working AC should be around 100K to 130K not more then that.
    Thanks Dany.

    It will be helpful if other Pro Wheelers also come up with there valuable suggestions.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmadridista View Post
    Thanks Dany.

    It will be helpful if other Pro Wheelers also come up with there valuable suggestions.
    I have a mehran 1996 model. So maintenance is dirt cheap. We had bought it brand new 19 years ago. It just get her serviced each month and the oil change comes up every 3 months becoz my monthly running is about 1000 kms. Since u will be using it on the weekends only, u may change the oil every 6 months. 1200-1500 for oil and 200 for oil filter.
    I am 5'10 inches tall. Whereas my dad is taller and my uncles are even more taller. We all are able to drive a mehran quite easily. An fx is quite similar

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    rmadridista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    I have a mehran 1996 model. So maintenance is dirt cheap. We had bought it brand new 19 years ago. It just get her serviced each month and the oil change comes up every 3 months becoz my monthly running is about 1000 kms. Since u will be using it on the weekends only, u may change the oil every 6 months. 1200-1500 for oil and 200 for oil filter.
    I am 5'10 inches tall. Whereas my dad is taller and my uncles are even more taller. We all are able to drive a mehran quite easily. An fx is quite similar
    Thanks Hassaan. I might consider Mehran if I can find one in a good condition. But to be honest most of the time I see Mehran on the road I feel they are not kept well as they should be.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmadridista View Post
    Thanks Hassaan. I might consider Mehran if I can find one in a good condition. But to be honest most of the time I see Mehran on the road I feel they are not kept well as they should be.
    U can stick to fx too. But finding a clean fx is going to be a tough job

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Which city are you located at? the prices quoted by dany are for lahore, in Pindi/isl, a good fx touches around 220k. Finding a flawless fx is a very difficult job and the people who own them will pretend like these are some rare classics and demand out of the world prices.
    my suggestion is to find a as much rust free car as possible, spend about 100k on it and make it trouble free.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    why not a santro?

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    rmadridista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Which city are you located at? the prices quoted by dany are for lahore, in Pindi/isl, a good fx touches around 220k. Finding a flawless fx is a very difficult job and the people who own them will pretend like these are some rare classics and demand out of the world prices.
    my suggestion is to find a as much rust free car as possible, spend about 100k on it and make it trouble free.
    Looking in Karachi. Yup that can also be the case. Btw do these FX or Mehran run fine with 4-5 passengers on it?

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassaaniqbal92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    870
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmadridista View Post
    Looking in Karachi. Yup that can also be the case. Btw do these FX or Mehran run fine with 4-5 passengers on it?
    Yes yes. The engine should be strong

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •