Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08?

Asalam o alaikum all brothers,
    Iam planning to buy a merc and needs your expert and valuable views on the subject Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08!
    which one do you suggest me to buy and where i can find a well kept merc, plz
    i value your opinion and waiting for favourable replies.
    Bundle of thanks in anticipation to all!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08?

Many congrats Masha Allah

Great choice going for a e class
    Excited to hear your views and experiences on it

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you open the fuel filler flap it contains tyre size as well as recommended brands by Mercedes printed on it. Continental and Pirelli are my favourites and although my car came with Michelle's when I bought it I didn't like them much

What you should be more concerned with is stick to factory size always get a tyre with speed rating V and up and almost all tires are suitable for our climates as long as they have temp rating A and all of them do
    As far as bad roads are concerned that's a issue with ultra low profile tyres even continentals which I have on mine though soft never had the issue of sidewall damage or punctures

And do not settle for any manufacturing dare less than 2015 at worst last few weeks of 2014

I once queried new continental sport contact 5 for a friends w211 in 225/55 r16 size and the cost for 2015 manufacturing was 24k per tyre, though your size is cheaper and more common

Just stick to required specs and budget and all choices will be fine more so if it's in the list recommended by mb can be found on the fuel filler flap and i
    Personally prefer continentals and pirellis and have experienced both
    Advan ain't bad either and dunlops are good in Japanese brands too. Brand new Mercedes cars Japanese spec almost all come with dunlops from factory while those made in Germany such as ones from Shahnawaz commonly have continentals as factory fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@@Arzaam Bhatti.... thanks a lot for a conclusive comment dear. All of ur posts are very helpful in narrowing the choices. mine is UK model and in my opinion the recommended tyres brand by merc must be for UK use where summers are not as tough as in pak.

In fact presently I'm not around my car and will post the quest in detail for information of my brothers.

I'm likely to visit US for few days and need recommendations on items (which are required and not available or very costly in pak) from there for the Merc?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam o alaikum all,
    My Apologies for the long absence,, infact some very unavoidable commitments.

Now something about my W211!!!
    no doubt its a treat to drive it, and especially the way it gets the throttle and pick, has totally surprised me. Something unbelievable with 1.8 engine. Never been so comfortable during overtake in other car, as it gives u the confidence that this beauty will respond to pressure on accelerator! will post my other experiences soon

Want to change the oil,, although it has only done 4000kms after the last oil change but since i was not around that time so want to be sure of the rite quality through a good mechanic. Rest no other maintenance is req at the moment as a thorough maintenance was carried out immediately after purchase (will post details of that soon)

So need advise on following plz:
    Can some one recommends a good mechanic other than shahnawaz in rawalpindi or Islamabad??
    which engine oil and viscosity is recommended for W211? as some mechanics recommend liquidly or mobil1 5W-40 instead of 0w-40 for W211??

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by exquisite27 View Post
    Asalam o alaikum all,
    My Apologies for the long absence,, infact some very unavoidable commitments.

Now something about my W211!!!
    no doubt its a treat to drive it, and especially the way it gets the throttle and pick, has totally surprised me. Something unbelievable with 1.8 engine. Never been so comfortable during overtake in other car, as it gives u the confidence that this beauty will respond to pressure on accelerator! will post my other experiences soon

Want to change the oil,, although it has only done 4000kms after the last oil change but since i was not around that time so want to be sure of the rite quality through a good mechanic. Rest no other maintenance is req at the moment as a thorough maintenance was carried out immediately after purchase (will post details of that soon)

So need advise on following plz:
    Can some one recommends a good mechanic other than shahnawaz in rawalpindi or Islamabad??
    which engine oil and viscosity is recommended for W211? as some mechanics recommend liquidly or mobil1 5W-40 instead of 0w-40 for W211??

Thanks
    mobil 1 is fine. any oil infact which meets Mercedes spec as printed on the back of the bottle 229.3 or preferably 229.5 is good to use, mobil 1 meets it, liqui moly i am not sure you must check on back of the bottle, shell 5W-40 does meet last time i checked. if the oil bottle says 229.31 or 229.51 then its for diesel spec with DPF so mercedes certification makes it easy for you to choose.

0W-40 or 5W-40 viscosity is best and recommended by mercedes no need to go any higher or lower. i personally prefer 0W-40 in mine. 5W-50 will cause extra drag and hurt fuel economy and responsiveness.

dont know about rawalpindi/islamabad as i dont live there but have heard that smart services has a big setup, handles diplomatic cars etc but have no experience or way to verify it. personally only shahnawaz keeps the original oil filters, rest just have MANN or equivalent i personally just goto shahnawaz, you are looking at a price difference of about 3k including labour compared to doing it yourself so its fine by me especially since i am getting the original filter compared to if i get a filter from the regular market.

if you drain from below make sure you change the copper crush washer with a new one or freshly annealed one, dont simply re use it. changing oil top up is really easy and simple on these cars though.

oil capacity i believe is 5.4-5.6 litres but i could be wrong so do verify it. and at the end you should reset the FSS counter for service A and car will remind you next time when it needs a oil change though you should keep a track of it yourself too.

glad to see you enjoying the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx Arzaam.
    how much Shahnawaz charge for the oil change and what all is included in that?
    Whats the cooper crush washer? does shahnawaz change the copper crush washer along with the oil change?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by exquisite27 View Post
    Thnx Arzaam.
    how much Shahnawaz charge for the oil change and what all is included in that?
    Whats the cooper crush washer? does shahnawaz change the copper crush washer along with the oil change?
    Shahnawaz 6 months back charged me 15 k for an oil change but i got 8 litres of oil from them even though my car takes 5.8-6 litres as i use the spare oil in my other cars as well. The 15k cost included 8 litres of oil, oil filter MB genuine and labour
    A copper crush washer is simply a washer on the drain bolt just like any car would have a washer on the drain bolt but its made out of copper and crushes when you tighten it, its supposed to be either changed everytime the bolt is opened or resued by heating the washer till its red hot and then dunking it into water, it will necome soft and aneealed and can e reused then. This ensures no leaks ever.

Shahnawaz did not have to change the crush washer as they always do oil change from top
    Meaning that they suck all the oil out using the machine and oil filter is on top too so there is no need to go underneath the car nor open the drain plug
    They took about 20 min

Btw the oil filter itself also comes with a o ring in the box and that must be changed at every oil change also, and that was obviosuly changed by them.

Also they were the only ones in lahore at that time that had the recently updated mobil 1 packaging with only 2 month old manfucaturing date of oil whereas even the official mobil 1 dealer in lahore was using old packaging with 1.5 year old manfucaturing dates at that time.

While at it they also did a general inspection of the car without charging anything and they uncovered no problems with the car although a year back they had done a complete inspection anyway.

And they also reset the FSS counter so that the car would remind me for my next change.

Oh and all this time i stayed with the car in the workshop and observed the interacted with the techincians doing the work on my car instead of just sitting in the waiting lounge so i was satisfied with their work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List