Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: See how toyota plans to tackle jdm & imported cars

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mark2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lala musa
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default See how toyota plans to tackle jdm & imported cars

    We all know that Toyota Indus and other Pakistani Auto Assemblers have one BIG ISSUE with their cars "No Value for Money"
    So instead of improving their product they decided on negative publicity of imported cars (JDM and others).

    See how toyota plans to tackle jdm & imported cars -1625372

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cooldevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,047
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what could toyota do out of envy lmao

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    centos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    606
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What the fukc is wrong with engine and suspension of JDMs, they heaps better than PKDMs. This ad is just nonsense, how about you cant deliver a car for 3 freaking months IMC, what do you have to say about that. You cant meet the current demand of your car and still worried about JDMs. Your 1.3 and 1.6 corollas are old and dated peace of craps you selling in a newer body.

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    still a 07 model Axio > brand new altis granddiee
    Most stupidest thing I ever read or heard. Comparing an 8 years old bull crap vehicle with a brand new car, yes its not even at par with the current local altis in terms of technology. Old premio, 2008 and later models can be compared with this altis, but those too are now very old cars and face issues of meter tampering and body shell repairs, damages.

    Everything is made to last for a certain lifetime and not forever, JDM imports are only good below 13 lakhs for 2012 or later models competing local wagon R, cultus type of stupid pak suzuki vehicles. Above that, they only make sense in 2012 or later Prius or other hybrid vehicles which cost near or lesser than local brand new toyota or honda cars, because its a different class.

    Rest, 2012 or newer JDM imports of the Altis/Civic category cost even more than the locally assembled new cars and still are controversial for an average customer, or in some cases for professionals as well due to the level of tampering and forgery involved in the process.

    I agree ONE HUNDRED percent with the above ad, only that JDMs have more features to offer and are better in quality. Still, I wouldn't go for a JDM instead of a local car only due to these, peace of mind in a vehicle is something way beyond all the features, goodies and extras. I will buy a brand new Civic or a Grande, and I can do whatever I want if the car gives me any kind of problems at all. Service is readily available, parts are readily available out of the factory and the car's optimal performance is the company's responsibility under warranty for the first year or so.

    Its simply a lame statement mentioning old Japanese abused/scrap-degree cars to be even capable of comparison with brand new cars.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZainMahdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    928
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    "Nationwide after sales support".

    Just saw this on a recent blue-smoke-problem thread:

    "I Checked it to Toyota Islamabad motors they said that Engine required overhauling and Piston rings needs to be changed." The kicker? They reached this conclusion without doing a compression test.

    Official support may be present, but the quality sucks hard.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post


    There is nothing wrong in the press publication by Toyota. It is comparison between brand new & used cars.

    See how toyota plans to tackle jdm & imported cars -1625681

    Toyota Honda Suzuki manufactured in Pakistan are 100% FIT for road conditions & driver's temperament across Pakistan.


    Yes They Are True On That Part But Japanese ARe Not Meant For Pakistani Roads? So As Fuel

    Speaking Technically....What Diff DOes IMC Makes In Their Engines Regarding Fuel And What JDM's Have??? Nothing

    Both Knock At Same Pace On Local Fuel....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,587
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    you can put a GREAT KEEKAR UP Their REAR . take car to workshop again, get a job report plus a cost assessment in writing based on the job report, We can take it to next level with Toyota Corporation Pakistan at Baharia Complex Karachi, IMC plant @ bin qasim karachi & Toyota Corporaton in Japan.

    trust me they will trace you and do the job at subsidized cost. Toyota Islamabad ke to MKC


    Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    "Nationwide after sales support".

    Just saw this on a recent blue-smoke-problem thread:

    "I Checked it to Toyota Islamabad motors they said that Engine required overhauling and Piston rings needs to be changed." The kicker? They reached this conclusion without doing a compression test.

    Official support may be present, but the quality sucks hard.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,475
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    the built quality of imported car is far better than Pakistani cars
    But that is a difficult thing to assess objectively, and it has a different value for different sets of customers.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    as capsat mentioned

    showroom owners are franchises and being classic Pakistani management style for expensive retail products, you should expect dumbassery and stupidity extreme.

    e.g. parts counter guy doesnt know diddly squat of what he is selling. You can probably ask him about a design upgrade and you will get a blank stare into space reply. Ask the service manager of wrong service technique and you get a reply (if you can meet the elusive proud ***) - that chalo niklo time nahi zaaya karo, the service adviser's only job in life is to milk money out of you by selling thraatal baady sarviss, champi paalish and other useless services.

    Expect the same on every department of the franchise because for everyone working there, they have one goal, POMP and showoff and copying arabs in insulting everyone who asks a question.

    They forget that they are not the brand owners and you the customer who pays for a product becomes "at one" with the brand holder if the product is sold officially (meaning they will shoo you away if you show up complaining that your JDM Prius is faulty)

    When you are "at one" - the brand owners will give you their "official and best service". The only difference is that being in Pakistan you need to use the right words and know whose arms to twist (usually involves paper and ink)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    But that is a difficult thing to assess objectively, and it has a different value for different sets of customers.
    you are forgetting the "values" that Pakistani people want. - however imaginary they can be

    build quality that should rival a hand built Bugatti
    interior quality that should put a Rolls Royce to shame
    sprint from 0-200 km/h in less than 10 seconds flat
    it should have disco LEDs littered all across
    it should do at least bare minimum 55 km/lit while doing it
    suspension more smoother than a Citroen DS
    A/C should be from an ice cream truck
    priced like a Honda 50 cub - so everyone can buy it
    spare parts should be available for Rs 5/piece in scrap
    new parts should be Rs 10/piece in new box
    should be serviceable with waterpump pliers, adjustable spanners and a hammer.


    get the drift!!!
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,475
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you are forgetting the "values" that Pakistani people want. - however imaginary they can be

    build quality that should rival a hand built Bugatti
    interior quality that should put a Rolls Royce to shame
    sprint from 0-200 km/h in less than 10 seconds flat
    it should have disco LEDs littered all across
    it should do at least bare minimum 55 km/lit while doing it
    suspension more smoother than a Citroen DS
    priced like a Honda 50 cub - so everyone can buy it


    get the drift!!!
    But I will still wait for the "Buy One Get One Free" sale of this model.

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    LOL! "Engine suitable for Pakistani fuel". That has got to be a joke! Both, IMC's cars and JDMs knock.

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed96 View Post
    LOL! "Engine suitable for Pakistani fuel". That has got to be a joke! Both, IMC's cars and JDMs knock.
    fuel blends are different around the world. Usually seen most to hurt american and european vehicles. e.g. in the former USSR you could even find 75 octane fuel and their Lada's were built and tuned for it, some old VW Golfs and Jettas even were specified for such fuel, super low compression and lazy advance curve - they drove like turtles too.

    now take example of a modern engine with SFI, it will surely have EGR in it - it having EGR in it will surely mean that there is a ton of sudden spark advance dialed into the ECU - the EGR basically displaces the oxygen in the air charge and lowers peak combustion temperatures hence prevents knock and also reduces NOX emmissions. This temperature needs a base line parameter first which is the fuel being burned - usually involves reading a thick boring white paper on what is allowed to blend fuel as motor gasoline/petrol.

    Lets take another example, some people have UKDM Vitz/Yaris - they suffer from overheat conditions if used in Multan in the Summer - their radiator and accompanying cooling fan is quite inadequate for such use.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Very well explained.

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,928
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Most stupidest thing I ever read or heard. Comparing an 8 years old bull crap vehicle with a brand new car, yes its not even at par with the current local altis in terms of technology. Old premio, 2008 and later models can be compared with this altis, but those too are now very old cars and face issues of meter tampering and body shell repairs, damages.

    Everything is made to last for a certain lifetime and not forever, JDM imports are only good below 13 lakhs for 2012 or later models competing local wagon R, cultus type of stupid pak suzuki vehicles. Above that, they only make sense in 2012 or later Prius or other hybrid vehicles which cost near or lesser than local brand new toyota or honda cars, because its a different class.

    Rest, 2012 or newer JDM imports of the Altis/Civic category cost even more than the locally assembled new cars and still are controversial for an average customer, or in some cases for professionals as well due to the level of tampering and forgery involved in the process.

    I agree ONE HUNDRED percent with the above ad, only that JDMs have more features to offer and are better in quality. Still, I wouldn't go for a JDM instead of a local car only due to these, peace of mind in a vehicle is something way beyond all the features, goodies and extras. I will buy a brand new Civic or a Grande, and I can do whatever I want if the car gives me any kind of problems at all. Service is readily available, parts are readily available out of the factory and the car's optimal performance is the company's responsibility under warranty for the first year or so.

    Its simply a lame statement mentioning old Japanese abused/scrap-degree cars to be even capable of comparison with brand new cars.
    Drive an axio then a new corolla pkdm.
    Jdm is better is a fact
    aap ne 10 pages ka lecture likh diya
    Frankly i did not even fully read it do what ever u like buy what ever you want no one gives a ****.
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Drive an axio then a new corolla pkdm.
    Jdm is better is a fact
    aap ne 10 pages ka lecture likh diya
    Frankly i did not even fully read it do what ever u like buy what ever you want no one gives a ****.
    Upar jis level ki chawli aapne maari hai axio wali, I didn't expect you to read it at all.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Drive an axio then a new corolla pkdm.
    Jdm is better is a fact
    aap ne 10 pages ka lecture likh diya
    Frankly i did not even fully read it do what ever u like buy what ever you want no one gives a ****.
    On what basis you are comparing an 8 years old landay ki car with a brand new vehicle which has even more goodies and a bigger engine?

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,475
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    fuel blends are different around the world. Usually seen most to hurt american and european vehicles. e.g. in the former USSR you could even find 75 octane fuel and their Lada's were built and tuned for it, some old VW Golfs and Jettas even were specified for such fuel, super low compression and lazy advance curve - they drove like turtles too.

    now take example of a modern engine with SFI, it will surely have EGR in it - it having EGR in it will surely mean that there is a ton of sudden spark advance dialed into the ECU - the EGR basically displaces the oxygen in the air charge and lowers peak combustion temperatures hence prevents knock and also reduces NOX emmissions. This temperature needs a base line parameter first which is the fuel being burned - usually involves reading a thick boring white paper on what is allowed to blend fuel as motor gasoline/petrol.

    Lets take another example, some people have UKDM Vitz/Yaris - they suffer from overheat conditions if used in Multan in the Summer - their radiator and accompanying cooling fan is quite inadequate for such use.
    PKDM ECUs would be designed to run on the published specifications for Pakistani fuels, not the actual blends found on the street, no?

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    PKDM ECUs would be designed to run on the published specifications for Pakistani fuels, not the actual blends found on the street, no?
    yes, and thats what I said.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,475
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    yes, and thats what I said.
    And what I said was that every such PKDM tune falls flat out on the street with the bilge water that is sold as gasoline in the street, since what is actually sold has no relationship to what should be sold, in most outlets.

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    And what I said was that every such PKDM tune falls flat out on the street with the bilge water that is sold as gasoline in the street, since what is actually sold has no relationship to what should be sold, in most outlets.
    that throws the JDM even further out the water. btw its a parameter no-one can recify - because it involves common people and owners of these products.

    e.g. whose stopping a person from filling his car up with kerosene/petrol/oil/ghee mix.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •