Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: V6/V8 Engine Vehicle in Pakistan Discussion

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default V6/V8 Engine Vehicle in Pakistan Discussion


  2. #61
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan1991 View Post
    I have a question.....that V type engines are better and newer then inline engines right?
    Then why jz is better than many V6 engines?
    Jz better than what? 1gfe ?

  3. #62
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Jz better than what? 1gfe ?
    Saboor talking about inline 6cylinder and V6

  4. #63
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Hassan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Jz better than what? 1gfe ?
    Yep....
    And i meant to say why people prefer jz rather than v6
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

  5. #64
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1111 View Post
    Saboor talking about inline 6cylinder and V6
    Yes I know but only engine jz are better compared to in 6 cyl class is 1gfe

  6. #65
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan1991 View Post
    Yep....
    And i meant to say why people prefer jz rather than v6
    Jz are cheap as chips
    reason: no one around the world wants them due to emission standards

  7. #66
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Yes I know but only engine jz are better compared to in 6 cyl class is 1gfe
    That's 2.0L engine !!

  8. #67
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    straight 6 has 7 main bearings and if made in plain old fashioned way, its firing pulses would be 60 degrees apart.

    a 60 degree V6 is great too, but has 4 main bearings as the big ends are shared - not as robust as the straight unless its a deep skirted block (Nissan 3.7)

    if the engine is a weird 90 degree V6 because (el cheapo production - e.g. mercedes benz M112) - the crank big ends are offset 12 degrees making a weaker crank, but it has quite some punchy torque but such engine requires a balance shaft to smoothen out because its disbalanced by design. MB cross bolted the mains too on that engine making it really rigid and also used fracture split rods to make them really rigid.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Hassan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Right :thumbup:
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

  10. #69
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I was going to Buy an Nissan Altima or Maxima But people but heard few things about it's Uneco friendly 3.5 L VQ35DE engine same as Nissan teana's engine!!

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1111 View Post
    I was going to Buy an Nissan Altima or Maxima But people but heard few things about it's Uneco friendly 3.5 L VQ35DE engine same as Nissan teana's engine!!
    Both cars are fantastic!

    nothing quite goes like a Nissan VQ35 - even in FWD its a real nice engine to drive. - I would suggest to find a manual shift - or buy an oldschool version with a shifting autobox. The new CVT make it really numb.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #71
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,479
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Both cars are fantastic!

    nothing quite goes like a Nissan VQ35 - even in FWD its a real nice engine to drive. - I would suggest to find a manual shift - or buy an oldschool version with a shifting autobox. The new CVT make it really numb.
    I drove one recently. The CVT is horrible, to say the least. Nice car otherwise.

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Both cars are fantastic!

    nothing quite goes like a Nissan VQ35 - even in FWD its a real nice engine to drive. - I would suggest to find a manual shift - or buy an oldschool version with a shifting autobox. The new CVT make it really numb.
    I Would Love to Buy an Menual One but my Liecense is auto and i've also Tried this engine but in infinity was Running better the Lexus Es300

  14. #73
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    I drove one recently. The CVT is horrible, to say the least. Nice car otherwise.
    Know The Reason Cause Infiniti G35 Auto Was Good in Drive cause it Was 5 Speed Automatic !!
    And i agree with you new CVT is Not Fun !!
    Cause i've Driven Nissan Sentra Which is CVTi Didn't had fun at all !!

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    I drove one recently. The CVT is horrible, to say the least. Nice car otherwise.
    I was under the impression that nissan makes the best cvts especially as they have been using them for so long across their range compared to other manufacturers.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    I drove one recently. The CVT is horrible, to say the least. Nice car otherwise.
    I sadly have ownership of a 2013 altima but with the smaller and weaker 2.5 litre engine, naturally its a CVT - and sure as shine I dont drive it - its the "Mrs Zulfiqar" mobile.. It literally feels numb - I dont care, the wife likes it, she drives it. When buying it I chose to get the steel wheels and hub caps - because the driver is prone to "curbing" the wheels.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    I was under the impression that nissan makes the best cvts especially as they have been using them for so long across their range compared to other manufacturers.
    Nissan have invested a lot in JATCO and use their units. Nissan's ultimate motto is to build cars the cheapest way possible and a CVT unit is very cheap to manufacture.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,479
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    I was under the impression that nissan makes the best cvts especially as they have been using them for so long across their range compared to other manufacturers.
    That is like saying that Nissan makes the finest gold-plated turds in the world. Shiny, yes, but still a turd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I sadly have ownership of a 2013 altima but with the smaller and weaker 2.5 litre engine, naturally its a CVT - and sure as shine I dont drive it - its the "Mrs Zulfiqar" mobile.. It literally feels numb - I dont care, the wife likes it, she drives it. When buying it I chose to get the steel wheels and hub caps - because the driver is prone to "curbing" the wheels.
    The steel wheel choice is an excellent one. It will probably save you lots in the long run. As long as the CVT is not for your primary use, what the Big Mama wants, the Big Mama gets.

  19. #78
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    So does there exist anything as a nice cvt gearbox say for example audi multitronic that they used in the previous gen a4s and a6s or perhaps rhe cvt in the previous gen lexus gs or would you say all cvts are bad because by design they are not precise as a regular auto or dsg
    Is the nissan one is especially bad because itss slippery and loopy feeling with wierd winding noises that some cvts make and really slow tk respond and so on. Or l just bad because its a cvt and you think they are all bad.

    Many cvts these days have simulated shift points programmed into them even when in normal drive mode. Are they any better?
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  20. #79
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ali.7861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,135
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I sadly have ownership of a 2013 altima but with the smaller and weaker 2.5 litre engine, naturally its a CVT - and sure as shine I dont drive it - its the "Mrs Zulfiqar" mobile.. It literally feels numb - I dont care, the wife likes it, she drives it. When buying it I chose to get the steel wheels and hub caps - because the driver is prone to "curbing" the wheels.
    Had A Crush on Honda Accord 2 Door 6speed Menual v6 it was Black !!

  21. #80
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    So does there exist anything as a nice cvt gearbox say for example audi multitronic that they used in the previous gen a4s and a6s or perhaps rhe cvt in the previous gen lexus gs or would you say all cvts are bad because by design they are not precise as a regular auto or dsg
    Is the nissan one is especially bad because itss slippery and loopy feeling with wierd winding noises that some cvts make and really slow tk respond and so on. Or l just bad because its a cvt and you think they are all bad.

    Many cvts these days have simulated shift points programmed into them even when in normal drive mode. Are they any better?
    to be honest - the nissan CVT is pretty crisp (you have to get them to redo PCM for you though), but still its a bit like mashed potatoes, The nissan does have simulated shift points too in the new altimas (shift position DS) - the car drops rpm like a shifting gearbox when demanding high power. But the rpm drops and the torque "catch" are missing - I think it will be OK for the millenial generation as they are not accustomed to a well designed shifting auto and to the fact that for them cars are nothing more than Ipads.

    In the older nissan CVT they went so far to have -/+ positions on the shift lever (mimicking tip tronic hold) - first time I used it - I was like - WTH is wrong here, I was expecting power surges not just seeing the rpm needle drop.

    The wind up whine is still there and you hear it in quiet neighbourhoods. The initial take off has a lag before the unit catches and the car moves quick (thats where most people burn the CVT gearbox)

    The multitronic was numb too - it was like baking the best roast beef and then garnishing it with a bowl of half boiled potatoes.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •