Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cr33D

Thread: City Aspire 1.5l or Corolla GLi 1.3l (City 1.5l worth it in late 2016?)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default City Aspire 1.5l or Corolla GLi 1.3l (City 1.5l worth it in late 2016?)

AoA guys,
    I'll be booking a new car in a couple of weeks I.A. I'd been looking at the Honda City Aspire 1.5l M/T and would've got it by now but there is one thing that is making me hesitant, the launch of the new City model in Pakistan. I looked up a couple of sites which said 2017 would be the year when Honda launches the new City in Pakistan, but are they any reliable? This situation brought the Corolla Gli 1.3L M/T into play as this was the only other car that I could squeeze into my budget.

Thing is, whichever car I end up with will be used for at least 3-4 years but still I wouldn't like my car to be outdated in less than a year after spending close to 2000k. So, should I opt for the Gli instead then? Will it be a wise decision considering the Corolla has a weaker engine than the Honda and will set me back another 70-80k?

Have the rumors of the new City launching in 2017 got any truth in them?

Waiting for your opinions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did some digging around and found quite a bit of threads regarding this topic, but most of them are from 2015 and earlier. So I still need your opinions.
    Is Honda City current model worth it considering there's only 3 months to go until new year?

I see a lot of views but no responses. :/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sooner or later city shape will change. If you opt for city then you would be giving up on resale but the delivery time is very less. We got our aspire with in a week.
    My opinion is to get corolla though you have to wait 3 months and sell it once new city is around thre corner.
    You'll hardly lose any money on corolla.
    Also i strongly believe corolla will be getting facelift at the time of city launch.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    Sooner or later city shape will change. If you opt for city then you would be giving up on resale but the delivery time is very less. We got our aspire with in a week.
    My opinion is to get corolla though you have to wait 3 months and sell it once new city is around thre corner.
    You'll hardly lose any money on corolla.
    Also i strongly believe corolla will be getting facelift at the time of city launch.
    Thanks for your response.
    I have to sell my current car first and if the delivery for the Corolla really takes 3 months then its a no go for me as I'll be without a car for that time frame.

Also tried contacting Honda Centre, Rwp just to have an idea of the new model's launch and they haven't got a clue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Yea well that's the draw back of corolla and the only reason why it sells with out a loss. Honda centre guys are nothing but stupid and arrogant.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Yea well that's the draw back of corolla and the only reason why it sells with out a loss. Honda centre guys are nothing but stupid and arrogant.
    Btw, do you have the latest face lifted model? If I may ask, how's the drive/suspension of the car? Is it really as hard as people make it out to be?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by triple-m View Post
    Btw, do you have the latest face lifted model? If I may ask, how's the drive/suspension of the car? Is it really as hard as people make it out to be?
    Yes i do have the facelift version. Drive of the car is superb, it's extremely stable at high speeds + the handling is great. I've GLI 1.6 too but i always prefer city over gli because of the stability factor.
    Suspension isn't that great if compared with corolla but not bad either, Maybe because i mostly drive with in rawalpindi and isb. Roads are clean and mostly without any potholes. Frankly you should only be worried about suspension if you live in an area with bad roads and weird looking speed breakers.
    Your last part is exactly what i debunked when i first drove the city, People are willing to write anything just because they know a guy who knows a guy which thinks suspension is hard.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i do have the facelift version. Drive of the car is superb, it's extremely stable at high speeds + the handling is great. I've GLI 1.6 too but i always prefer city over gli because of the stability factor.
    Suspension isn't that great if compared with corolla but not bad either, Maybe because i mostly drive with in rawalpindi and isb. Roads are clean and mostly without any potholes. Frankly you should only be worried about suspension if you live in an area with bad roads and weird looking speed breakers.
    Your last part is exactly what i debunked when i first drove the city, People are willing to write anything just because they know a guy who knows a guy which thinks suspension is hard.
    Thanks mate.
    Knowing the car is stable at high speeds probably made my decision easier as I always have a couple long drives each month. Guess I'll just go for the City Aspire and hope Honda skips the 6th gen altogether and launches the 7th gen City in 2018/19.

Last thing I'd like to know, how does the ground clearance compare with the Gli? Did you ever scrape the bottom of your car at speed bumps?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks mate.
    Knowing the car is stable at high speeds probably made my decision easier as I always have a couple long drives each month. Guess I'll just go for the City Aspire and hope Honda skips the 6th gen altogether and launches the 7th gen City in 2018/19.

Last thing I'd like to know, how does the ground clearance compare with the Gli? Did you ever scrape the bottom of your car at speed bumps?
    Glad to know you would be going for aspire. The only time i scraped the car was when i had 6 ppl on board. Apart from that i never scarped it any where while driving in the city. Just make sure you dont opt modulo kit version of aspire. That one kises almost every speed hump with 3-4 ppl on board

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PAK Market doesnt accept year end models

Last 2 months

When u sell the car

Better to buy a temp. car atm

And get a 2017

Spend the same amount for a newer model

Send Your Name To 0333-7777-945 For Offers Of Quality JDMs With Auction Sheets
    Transparency & Trust @ WWW.MYCAR.PK , salaam.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City 2017 launching second half of 2017, I confirmed from Honda and booked a corolla Xli Limited Edition

You should check the limited edition out, no abs though , but still touch screen, power windows etc and all the gli colours in 17.32 Million

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bakhtbaryar View Post
    City 2017 launching second half of 2017, I confirmed from Honda and booked a corolla Xli Limited Edition

You should check the limited edition out, no abs though , but still touch screen, power windows etc and all the gli colours in 17.32 Million
    May I know which Honda dealer gave you the 2017 date? There's another guy in the "City fan club" thread who was told by Honda that they'll be launching the new City in 2018. ?

And lastly, what's the delivery time you've been quoted by the company for your Toyota?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Glad to know you would be going for aspire. The only time i scraped the car was when i had 6 ppl on board. Apart from that i never scarped it any where while driving in the city. Just make sure you dont opt modulo kit version of aspire. That one kises almost every speed hump with 3-4 ppl on board
    Thank you, this helped me a lot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

May I know which Honda dealer gave you the 2017 date? There's another guy in the "City fan club" thread who was told by Honda that they'll be launching the new City in 2018. ?

And lastly, what's the delivery time you've been quoted by the company for your Toyota?
    Toyota giving December deliveries for now... XLi even had a limited edition on sale with Bronze Mica, Silver etc.

I dont remember the date but I also messaged Honda Drive In they also replied back with the same ...

City Aspire 15l or Corolla GLi 13l City 15l worth it in late 2016? -1713225

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda Atlas are working on the BRV 7 seater now , for local assembling. This comes straight from an atlas source, and a few authentic sources here on pakwheels have also mentioned it. Do not listen to people who asked honda dealers or likewise, how on earth would they know anything?

Look at it from a logical point too. Current city is selling very well for atlas, why would they want to change? Given that they are working on the BRV they wont be bothered about city. Plus the city 7th gen would release global sometime 2018. It makes no sense for atlas to change to the 6th gen next year. They most likely will skip it and go straight to the 7th gen.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bakhtbaryar
    Thanks a lot for the info.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
    Honda Atlas are working on the BRV 7 seater now , for local assembling. This comes straight from an atlas source, and a few authentic sources here on pakwheels have also mentioned it. Do not listen to people who asked honda dealers or likewise, how on earth would they know anything?

Look at it from a logical point too. Current city is selling very well for atlas, why would they want to change? Given that they are working on the BRV they wont be bothered about city. Plus the city 7th gen would release global sometime 2018. It makes no sense for atlas to change to the 6th gen next year. They most likely will skip it and go straight to the 7th gen.
    Yes, Honda skipping the 6th gen is a great possibility, that's exactly what I mentioned a few posts above. Though didn't know about the BRV so thanks for bringing that into my knowledge.
    I think I'll get Honda City. The delivery time for the Toyota is too long, can't manage without a car for 3 months sadly.

Anyway, thank you for your comment.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List