2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What needs to be done at the time of selling a car

I know when you sell a car, buyer fills out some form and give a copy of ID card.
    Anything else needs to be done?
    I mean let's say the buyer doesn't transfer the car in his name and do something illegal...what proof seller has that he doesn't own the car?
    Do I need to submit somthing in excise or CPLC that I have sold the car?
    WW3 the star studded extravaganza is coming to countries near you....book your weapons now!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tech brother, the best thing to do is to visit the registration office, transfer the car into purchasers' name yourself. My friend is a lawyer and he advised me to always to that to aviod any legal complications which might arise after the sale of a used car.

I think any genuine buyer would not mind if you tell him that you will deal in this way.

In my case, the buyer asked me to go with him to reg office and I said welcome and transfer was made in half-an-hour. Now I have peace of mind that, I am no more responsible for the car.

Or you can make a sales agreement on a stamp paper. Stamp vendors, oath commissioners or notary public have the texts of such agreements in their PCs. The agreement clearly mentions that the seller would not be responsible for any legal complications, damages arising out of the use of car after the sale and handover of the vehicle to purchaer. This paper has some legal value, otherwise, a simple transfer or open letter is not enough, if the sold vehicle comes in conflict with the law of the land.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good advice especially about making a sale deed on stamp paper. Even if I didn't get the car registered in buyer's name I will definitely make a sale deed on stamp paper.
    WW3 the star studded extravaganza is coming to countries near you....book your weapons now!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List