Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Race Track in Pakistan

Hey everyone,

I'm currently in the US but am planning to move back to Pakistan in June '05. My family owns a farm between Lahore and Islamabad right off the Motorway.

I'm thinking about making a race track on some land and would like your input.

1. Would you guys be interested in somthing like that?

2. If I manage to pull it off, what kinda track would you guys like? Drag? Circuit? rally? off-road?

3. How often would your guys visit?

4. Would you pay a fee to race?

5. What other facilities would you like at the track?

I would appreciate your input or any other suggestions or comments that you guys might have.

Thanks in advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually race arena is a good idea
    but race at islamabad
    is not only race
    its fun too as
    when police comes ppl run to jinnah and then come back
    but if u can make a track and get permissions and make arrangement of race every sat or sun with proper security and proper fees
    then who knows ur idea might click
    cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear 2_blue! firstly i appreciate your idea of making a race track in Pakistan. To me; this idea is spot on. I guess a drag track will be more appropriate. This will reduce hazards and will be relatively safer. As in circuit races, there is a greater chance of some accident. And this fear may keep many people away. So i go for a drag track. I hope speed lovers can pay for races over there. But important is that it must not be too far from the city. You did not mention that your farm is located where on motorway? near islamabad or lahore. anyway it will achieve its purpose only when it is near to any one of these ciries.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear 2_Blue
    Brother a friendly advice is that dont invest your money for a race track cuz here ppl love "mufta" & they wont pay you on regular basis, infect they will come in the begining but later they will loose interest & among the 14 corore population there is a very few into racing & they can do that for free on the streets.

I think there is one way your thing can work & that will be if u make members for your track like a club that they pay an initial fee to get the membership (& u giv them a very "chakas" sticker to put on the car as a club member so they'd love to show off their sticker) & then some anual renewal fee, if u'll ask ppl to pay everytime they race then it wont be a good idea.

Another thing which u can do is that you can arrange championships & give away prizes to the winners.

I tried to make some similar thing on Super Highway 25 kms from karachi but I wasnt able do so cuz inorder to make a proper race track of international standard you need to invest alot of money & the return is not that good.
    If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man ~ Mark Twain

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the input faheem12 and OmerArshad.

I actually thought that a lot more people would respond to this thread because atleast this idea gets me very excited ... to have a proper race track in Pakistan and being safe ... for myself, my family and for others who might get hurt in case of an accident. I wouldn't want putting other people's lives in danger when I'm racing on the street.

Also, all I wanted from this thread was a response from race enthusiasts and how they would feel about somthing like that. the business strategy of making money by memership or by-race was secondary ... but ofcourse I was gonna think on those lines later.

Omer and faheem, you guys had good advice and I will consider your suggestions if I pursue this any further and I do know that people in Pakistan go more for looks than performance ... I was like that too at one point in time ... until I discovered the joys of pure performance and the adranelin rush ...

Thanks again guys. Although I would like to hear what other members of this site would have to say about this idea ... so come on u guys ... write up!

Thanks again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of all, its a great idea, people would love to race, those who have enough time and enough money to manage it and also have a state of the art car. Moreover it could also provide commercial racing. So I think its a good idea if it is managed properly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats my question actually

How many people would be interested ...

Also, you don't need to be a serious reacer to goto a track, you can just race with your bone stock Suzuki Mehran if you like Just for fun!

Neo
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Idea but it needs a bit discussion n research to make it feasible, like what are should it civers, i dont know about others, but if near to Lhr, atleast me and Doz of my frendz will definately pay for fun and 4 our life it just like you go to a amusement park for a free fall and havin a fun. isn't it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yep! exactly right Neo. Just for fun and safety.

Its gonna be located 10 mins off of the Lahore-Islamabad Motorway. Kot Momin Exit ... about 20 minz from the Bhera interchange (towards Lahore).

Neo
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Correction...

feasible, like what are should it civers,

READ AS

feasible, like what area should it covers,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam guys ...
    yaar i was even thinking of building a drag track but i have researched and got to know that ppl in pakistan will u intrested at but as time wil pass they will give up but the good thing is there r new ppl coming in racing everyday and second of all it dosesn't give back much it will take a part of ur life to make teh money back wat u have spended .plus it costs allot to around 20 crore pakistan rupes and but u have ur own land so it will b much cheaper for u .yaar u know wat i say man there should b trackes in all the main citys of pak like karachi islo lahore peashwer if anyone of us gives a start ppl will b more intrested in to build more tracks but the thing is this a [persons who cares and wats other to enjoy and is a real entertainer will spend that much money and who has time .
    yaar pleas clear which side is ur farmhouse islo or lahore???
    taa taaa
    byebey
    tc
    soka

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam,
    I agree with Omerarshad. People in Pakistan just like mufta and that's it. There are very very very few people in pakistan who could afford such a race track and the probability that it will work are very thin. But there are very good investments in Pakistan that will do wonders with your money. The best one these days is property.
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for u'r input guys.

Everybody seems to think its a bad idea ... hmmm ... I'm not too happy.

Anyways .. Saadsoka ... the land is exctly in the middle of Lahore and Islamabad ... 10 minutes off of the Motorway. Its the Kot Momin Exit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

having a race track sounds exciting at first, but we already have a go-cart track near karachi (abt 40-50 mins drive from clifton), and its not doing very well. they charge like rs.250 for 15 mins, and attendence is thin. given ur farm is between lahore and isloo, the distance is too much for any real feasibility of a race track there.
    The rule book is for guidance of the wise and obedience of fools.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar 2_blue here is the thing i can suggest if u build the track go for one city lahore or islo no inbeteeen them then u can make more money and more of everything if u do it teh way u thinking it will b no use man chosse on citys out skirts then it will work my plan was that i will build one in silo and make money of it and build another one in lhr u can do teh same but u got to know allot of stuff before u start and memebers thing will work out the best and rest can come just to race for a day entarance
    taataa
    tc
    byebey
    soka

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar 2_blue here is the thing i can suggest if u build the track go for one city lahore or islo no inbeteeen them then u can make more money and more of everything if u do it teh way u thinking it will b no use man chosse on citys out skirts then it will work my plan was that i will build one in silo and make money of it and build another one in lhr u can do teh same but u got to know allot of stuff before u start and memebers thing will work out the best and rest can come just to race for a day entarance
    taataa
    tc
    byebey
    soka

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree track being near the city and probably reachable by some other route than the motorway will be much better and give u more income frm the project .you see many people wont like the idea of access via motorway as it they will have to pay 50 60 rupees extra.i say bring it closer to lahore , somewhere like sheikhu pura near gt road.that way people frm sialkot and gujranwala will also be able to access it and you will get more money. lahore has a number of racers and gujranwala and sialkot are industrial cities meaning they have people with a lot of money and would find racing as a good hobby where they can take their minds off their work. i think the idea of a race track is excellent. i would say go for an rectangular track which can also be modified for drag racing as more people would prefer drag to sprint but many would also like to sometimes not go for racing but just open up their engine on some laps of the track.measure the potensial of their car.maybe time their laps.you can as well make a top lap time chart or something.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar tum muja aik baat bato
    how much land would b needed for a 6 7 kilometer with facilties and all ??

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It would be great to have a race track in Pakistan someone should build one. No drag no bs a track like nurburg nordschleife pay 500rs to 2000rs per lab. If the track is good fun enjoyable people would come again and again and people might come from all over the world. Like me I wanna drive on spa and le mans nordcshelife and Monza hey of the track is really good car manufacturers might test there car on track

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^

It sounds like a fun thing to people.

Unfortunately racing is not fun thing, its a very serious sport. requires training on regular basis.

Fun part is over when you take the car to limits on corners, your face is so serious it can scare kids away.

Exactly. fun driving is great idea keep it to fun, but people in Pk go beyond fun limits so what do they need the most?

Training. - it requires mind training too to keep in limits. prepared for the unexpected and not leave everything on luck.

8 years old thread, children have grown up by now and still planning on track. Iam sure next generation will also be planning. and more planning.

About the location, few miles off motorway. its a great spot.

returns?. they are spread long term. intially people will come then there will be drop and gradually increase over passage of time

maintance?. yes thats more important than planning part
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List