137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ECU problem of Lancer 1.3L (M/T) GL 2005 model

V r goin 2 buy a car Lancer 2005 1.3L GL (M/T)
    there is a problem with its ECU, its card was replaced frm kabli 1 but still engine check light is on i really don't have any idea of ECU cards/codes just keep on reading threads 2 gain knowledge.
    Well the problem is its drinking patrol like hell n throwin black smoke bcoz of ecu problem its injectors r not controlling fuel.
    the owner is trying to repair the ecu card, plz advice is it ok or recommended coz i m not satisfied, his electrician is changing some IC in that card n saying if it didn't worked fine he'll replace the card again with a kabli 1 or brand new from sherwani's

kabli card is around 20k n new1 costs 38k as quoted by him. correct me if its wrong as i have no idea.

can some1 tell me the price of new or used cards as well as the code of stock ECU card. plz note that its manual transmission as i know the cards r different 4 manual n auto transmission cars.

Also need advise 2 buy the car if this problem is resolved after changing the card, there is no other problem in car, 100% genuine stock car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whoa!. Why was the card burnt? are you sure it's burnt? Repairs from an electrician are NEVER a good idea!

Explain in more detail please.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    Whoa!. Why was the card burnt? are you sure it's burnt? Repairs from an electrician are NEVER a good idea!

Explain in more detail please.
    no dear the card is not burnt, its working car is start actually its fan belt was hit by a stone frm downside wich damaged the fan belt sensor + - wires got short n burnt some IC in ECU so it was replaced with a kabli card yesterday its scanned again all sensors r ok now but the only problem is ECU so it needs to be changed but hes getting it repaired, hes saying if even after repair the engine check light won't turn off then he'll replace the card just tryin repair 2 save sum money but we r insisting 2 replace it lets see it will be finalized today or tomorrow.

do u hav any idea of its ECU code n price, either used or new1? he quoted 20k for used and 38 for new1...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2004 MITSUBISHI LANCER ECU ECM PCM COMPUTER | eBay

MITSUBISHI LANCER FRONT ECU COMPUTER MR515500 | eBay

Thought these might be helpful if you have means to import one from US

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    2004 MITSUBISHI LANCER ECU ECM PCM COMPUTER | eBay

MITSUBISHI LANCER FRONT ECU COMPUTER MR515500 | eBay

Thought these might be helpful if you have means to import one from US
    thanks yar but not interested in import just want to know its code n price here in khi it might b replaced tomorrow also seeking advise 4 repair of old faulty ECU...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do not try to fix what you or electrician do not know - If you have a check light and black smoke then connect a scan tool and see what error code is there.

Secondly there is no fan belt sensor, there is a crank angle sensor behind the main pulley which is three wire in your car, and when the wiring is cut or damaged it blows the main EFI fuse, it does not blow out anything in the ECU.

Rather than trying to eyeball the problem and pray that it fixes itself, get a proper diagnosis and repair done (cheap and cheerful can get very expensive very quickly). And if the car has so much problems, leave it and find another one.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as xulfiqar said first scan it / find the code
    My Terios kid also blew its ecu and wiring and bought a kabli for 8k!! from whom we purchase our engines
    and do a market run too maybe u'll find one in good nick

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

repairing wont help it will eventually happen again so better get it changed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Do not try to fix what you or electrician do not know - If you have a check light and black smoke then connect a scan tool and see what error code is there.

Secondly there is no fan belt sensor, there is a crank angle sensor behind the main pulley which is three wire in your car, and when the wiring is cut or damaged it blows the main EFI fuse, it does not blow out anything in the ECU.

Rather than trying to eyeball the problem and pray that it fixes itself, get a proper diagnosis and repair done (cheap and cheerful can get very expensive very quickly). And if the car has so much problems, leave it and find another one.
    Excellent advice! I was also aware of the crank angle sensor only but was not sure if there was another one in the Mitsu engine.

The reason I asked initially if the card was burnt was the same. It is very difficult to burn the card as there are fuses everywhere.

My suggestion would also be to go to a Mitsubishi dlr and get a proper diagnosis done. There "ustaads" will mess up your electronics beyond rescue... trust me!

Having said that, after looking at the Ebay price, I think it should be around 15,000 plus or minus a couple thousand. If you can wait for a couple days I can find out from Lahore Mitsu dealers.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Xulfiqar Bhai
    Thank you v much for the clarity, i always expect the best replies frm u as i told i've v limited knowledge of such issues so needed ur advise
    will ask the owner wats done so far won't accept repaired ECU but he told us the sensor is replaced n got it scanned the error highlighted is ECU so if swapping the ECU resolve the prob v'll go it otherwise cancel the deal.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadsoulsnatcher911 View Post
    as xulfiqar said first scan it / find the code
    My Terios kid also blew its ecu and wiring and bought a kabli for 8k!! from whom we purchase our engines
    and do a market run too maybe u'll find one in good nick
    thanks fahad as mentioned above its already scanned n the prob area is ecu only wll check the report n replaced ecu before the deal, if its not done deal cancel.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    Excellent advice! I was also aware of the crank angle sensor only but was not sure if there was another one in the Mitsu engine.

The reason I asked initially if the card was burnt was the same. It is very difficult to burn the card as there are fuses everywhere.

My suggestion would also be to go to a Mitsubishi dlr and get a proper diagnosis done. There "ustaads" will mess up your electronics beyond rescue... trust me!

Having said that, after looking at the Ebay price, I think it should be around 15,000 plus or minus a couple thousand. If you can wait for a couple days I can find out from Lahore Mitsu dealers.
    u r v rite bro but i just quote wat the owner told me n wish he won't repair it n replace with a new1 its available here @ sherwanis the main dealer of Mitsubishi, lets see if he replace it n show me clear scan report the deal will b finalized.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How u r electrician is sure about ECU? Did he scanned? What was the code?

As @Proverbial said - it is very difficult to burn the ECU? I regularly doing experiments with my car and its ECU and its still okay.

Also if any electrician repaired its ECU due to any reason then it should work fine now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhashmi View Post
    kabli card is around 20k n new1 costs 38k as quoted by him. correct me if its wrong as i have no idea.

can some1 tell me the price of new or used cards as well as the code of stock ECU card. plz note that its manual transmission as i know the cards r different 4 manual n auto transmission cars.

Also need advise 2 buy the car if this problem is resolved after changing the card, there is no other problem in car, 100% genuine stock car.
    Dont know about new one but used kaabli in Peshawar Shoba will cost you 4k to 7k MAX for M/T. As before posting this, i reconfirmed the prices just now.

There is no difference between new and used ECU if working fine.

But if ur car have immobilizer then what u will do???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^
    Immobilizer is not available in 1.3 GL M/T (Pakistan Release)
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by revengez View Post
    How u r electrician is sure about ECU? Did he scanned? What was the code?

As @Proverbial said - it is very difficult to burn the ECU? I regularly doing experiments with my car and its ECU and its still okay.

Also if any electrician repaired its ECU due to any reason then it should work fine now.
    dear as i said car is not in our hand till now just quoting wat the current owner told us it was scanned n prob area highlighted is ecu card so it needs to repair of replace
    i hav no exp of playin wid ecu cards so im clueless

prices @ shoba is v cheap or i m not aware of khi prices, neways thanks a lot will update u.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by revengez View Post
    Dont know about new one but used kaabli in Peshawar Shoba will cost you 4k to 7k MAX for M/T. As before posting this, i reconfirmed the prices just now.

There is no difference between new and used ECU if working fine.

But if ur car have immobilizer then what u will do???
    i don't think so immobilizer is there in 1.3 GL or even 1.6 GLX

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhashmi View Post
    Xulfiqar Bhai
    Thank you v much for the clarity, i always expect the best replies frm u as i told i've v limited knowledge of such issues so needed ur advise
    will ask the owner wats done so far won't accept repaired ECU but he told us the sensor is replaced n got it scanned the error highlighted is ECU so if swapping the ECU resolve the prob v'll go it otherwise cancel the deal.

firstly there is no error code for ECU, its either dead or working, the error codes are for the attached sensors and other input signals like A/C or engine start. I strongly suggest you stay away from this car, as whoever is working on it is busy destroying it, you might need to repair/correct whatever has been nitto taped etc.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

firstly there is no error code for ECU, its either dead or working, the error codes are for the attached sensors and other input signals like A/C or engine start. I strongly suggest you stay away from this car, as whoever is working on it is busy destroying it, you might need to repair/correct whatever has been nitto taped etc.
    Yes exactly

Even if the issue resolved - the wiring diagram will be completely changed for sure.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i hate local electricians! I have had many a fights with them to keep their wire cutter and nitto tape away while touching my car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List