Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mitsubishi Lancer

salam all

• i have a mitsubishi lancer glx EFI car. regarding the service of EFI cars i would like to request ppl to share pics showing how to protect engine room etc while servicing n which areas to service n which not.
    • in dha karachi which service stations are there who knows well to do all the precautions while servicing efi cars like low pressure water, cover with plastic n all without much hastle in telling them to do so.
    • if i install cng in my lancer would that create starting problems. also wat is the cost n consumption of both cng n petrol. which cng kit is suitable for efi lancer

thankyou

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have 2007 lancer 1.3 GLX totally petrol driven and currently 56,000 km driven, with me since day 1.
    i got the engine washed with pressure water from service station only a few times and that too was in my absence as driver took the car for service, but once i got to know about the possible hazards of washing the engine, i am keeping it dirty on purpose.
    the problem is that there is too much complicated wiring and many sensors which can be seriously be damaged if they get wet, and that is why my car's engine never saw water again.
    as for the CNG part, it is highly unsuccessful in lancer, don't even think about installing CNG in lancer. my car easily gives 12.5 km/l local with AC and in winters the average goes up to 15 km/l in normal driving. even when pulling hard it gives 9.5-10 km/l and that is in high--rev driving, which i avoid after the price of petrol has reached sky-high.
    any other queries feel free to ask
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    i have 2007 lancer 1.3 GLX totally petrol driven and currently 56,000 km driven, with me since day 1.
    i got the engine washed with pressure water from service station only a few times and that too was in my absence as driver took the car for service, but once i got to know about the possible hazards of washing the engine, i am keeping it dirty on purpose.
    the problem is that there is too much complicated wiring and many sensors which can be seriously be damaged if they get wet, and that is why my car's engine never saw water again.
    as for the CNG part, it is highly unsuccessful in lancer, don't even think about installing CNG in lancer. my car easily gives 12.5 km/l local with AC and in winters the average goes up to 15 km/l in normal driving. even when pulling hard it gives 9.5-10 km/l and that is in high--rev driving, which i avoid after the price of petrol has reached sky-high.
    any other queries feel free to ask
    aliusman bhai, i admit that u r a strong supporter for petrol driven cars but CNG in lancer (manual) is NOT AT ALL unsuccessful. used it for long and driven the car for 135000km app on cng. (talking about lancer 1.6l)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    aliusman bhai, i admit that u r a strong supporter for petrol driven cars but CNG in lancer (manual) is NOT AT ALL unsuccessful. used it for long and driven the car for 135000km app on cng. (talking about lancer 1.6l)
    Yup... A friend if mine is driving a Cng lancer without any major problem for the last five years or so... he does routine maintenance when its due and enjoys its superb ride.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using tapatalk 2
    How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot... The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind... Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i know of some people who installed CNG in lancer and due to severe knocking removed it and had to drive it on hi-octane to avoid knocking. saving ki bajaye kharcha parr gaya ulta. maybe depends on the person installing the kit but as my car has to go on long routes frequently and gets used very less locally, the luggage space is drastically reduced and that's not feasible for me at least.
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The first lancers of Pakistan in 2005 are NOT AT ALL capable on CNG. The CVT has its own advantages. The models in 2005 uptill 2006 .. are NEVER FESABLE ON CNG!

its only when they introduced GV Vehicals. and the reason they run good on that is because they have proper wiring. CNG always depends on the Installation and just remember One thing.. thats a golden rule with CNG Cars. " Dont expect long life on CNG Vehicals.. they do SAVE you money and gets you in trouble after 5+ years of continuous running "
    Respect comes from fear.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy a hybrid, trade lancer for a pruis, if fuel economy is top concern.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have Lancer 2007 1.6 GV manual transmission 85000 km on the odo (actual mileage). Here is my experience and answers to your questions ;-

.. The factory fitted cng is the best experience i've ever had.. pick with economy .. 150km/cylinder in local without ac everytime .. with ac it is 130km ..

.. When i got this car in last september its engine was never washed since 2007 .. i had to scrub every bit of dirt from it and now i get it washed on pressure with a shopper and piece of cloth on coils and few sensors around it .. i get it washed atleast once or twice a month (from no specified service station, it seems every service station staff knows how to service an engine with senors and EFI)and no problems so far

Engine bay pic after my first wash .. and it looks like this every time i return from service station
    Mitsubishi Lancer -1036167
    .. the factory fitted kit is tomaseto and i've heard that they (local mitsubishi people) made some special jig to emulate the EFI unit as without it the problem of starting and knocking was there. There are mechanics, who are fitting kits in lancer and these work as good as the factory fitted ones

.. on petrol i'm not sure but i guess it will it not give above 10 or 11 kmpl in local with ac ..
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    buy a hybrid, trade lancer for a pruis, if fuel economy is top concern.
    Prius is economical till the day you need to get some repair work done or replace batteries
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please also shed some light on query 1 & 2

• i have a mitsubishi lancer glx, 1300cc, 2006, EFI car. regarding the service of EFI cars i would like to request ppl to share pics showing how to protect engine room etc while servicing n which areas to service n which not.
    • in dha karachi which service stations are there who knows well to do all the precautions while servicing efi cars like low pressure water, cover with plastic n all without much hastle in telling them to do so.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i don't have pics and i don't live in karachi apart from that i've already covered all your querries
    .. cng cyl of 55kg was filled for Rs 875/- yesterday at islamabad

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List