Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: mitsubishi EK-wagon fuel economy (luv fr the car turning badly into hatred)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default mitsubishi EK-wagon fuel economy (luv fr the car turning badly into hatred)

i have a mitsubishi Ek wagon 2009 model. Got it 2 months back only 9k driven. loved the car like hell. but i dont know whts worng with this thing that it doesnt give me above 12km/Litre. i used to b heavy on the pedal but stopd doin tht nd nw use damn light foot but still the same problem.
    plugs are in great condition, engine oil was changed but no difference at all.
    please tell me wht to do to make the economy better coz its o no use to keep a 660cc car when its gonna b the same on fuel as a 1800cc car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ your point is quite vague - we have had really really economical cars in Pakistan but they all were "branded as Fail teknalojee having komany faalt" Those cars were

Fiat Uno Diesel
    Nissan Sunny Diesel
    Subaru Justy 1.0
    Daihatsu Charade 1.0 3 cyl.

What about them? The Fiat used to frighten mechanics because they somehow could not bother to go and buy proper tools for it. Most did not even have the oil sump allen key to change the oil. The sunny faced "fektary faalt of ustaad not able to locate air bleed bolt for coolant" The subaru faced users pouring in straight water as coolant which then ate away the water pump which was also the oil pump on the other side. The daihatsu CB engines faced valve rocker issues, oil sludging and temperature control problems because mechanics threw out the thermostat valve and did not know that air is supposed to be bled out from the system and tried to adjust the valve clearances by andaaza.

All the cars were extremely fuel efficient.

Now to the suzuki and others, Why do these kei cars also suffer the same fate in wiring, A/C, suspension etc after one repair job in Pakistan? Is it the owner who is only happy with the cheapest of maintenance (our Pakistani bhai think that a car is an indestructible asset and should only require oil changes) or the technician working on it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother i have use petrol for my generator one day i fill bottle and came back to home and put in a corner and forget and donig some other work after 2 hors there is 30% of dirt and 70% of petrol not in same colur thats a example how u expect that the petrol is pure to give u 18 km total petrol is better than other pso,attock r sucks thanks and try to change filter and clean the petrol tank thanks,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Guru you forgot Peugeot 205 Diesel - I remember total 100 litres diesel consumed between KHI & Islamabad of roughed up car with 75000 km on odo.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh yes - but I left out the pug because there was no official dealership for it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    @hsn18,

good to hear you,ve started getting better mileage.. 15.4 with A/C occasionaly on is pretty good..But we cannot always drive in between 50 - 60 KM/hr.. Same is the case with me and with every 660CC owner. We all need to be patient drivers, letting rickshaws pass by too in some cases.
    sir definitely it requires hell o patience but i often run out of it now coz ppl dont let u drive slow....horn honks etc evn if u r drivin in the second or third lane, lahori traffic rulesss :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wish i would hav had sum consultation from xulfiqar before buying this thng

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, its not about the suggestion. I am sure that the counselor which you are talking about would have never let you buy this car...
    Believe me bro, there is nothing wrong with our cars,, The only problem is with our fuel. My cousin has 1994 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon 1600 CC in Saudi Arabia which has 200,000Kms on the ODO.. The car has 45 Liters fuel tank and gives 740Kms in one full tank with continuos A/C... Earlier his dad was using the car and now he is.. Car has never been been taken to the mechanic for any other thing than the periodic maintenence. REASON : Pure Fuel..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get ur Injectors cleaned. Ultrasonic cleaning
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I beleive you have bought this car as a disposable appliance, because surely it wont be in good nick after 4 or 5 years of use in Pakistan. The OP of this topic posted about bad fuel mileage too, so please explain the economic sense of using a car which is completely alien, gutless, has super expensive new body finish parts like lights etc in any city of Pakistan. Your choice of car is your call, but in real world sense - buying a set of new headlamps for a corolla would be cheaper than buying a set of new lamps for these. Your entire (if true - because I could never get any from any kei) fuel savings will be burnt by such items.

The serious work bit, lets take a daily commute car whose job (aka work) is to operate without drama and hassle everyday to carry you to work and back providing acceptable economy and you follow basic maintenance just like any machine of the world.

It wont make sense to me that the car requires a check often and causes me to rearrange my life because of it and to top it with that I literally have to hunt for sundry spares.

As I always say - your money, your car, your game.
    What ?? Car = Disposable Appliance ?? Come on!! Which 6 years old car driven around 100K would remain in good nick after 5 years of use in Pakistan ?? This would make the car 11 years old by that time and why would any sensible guy would want it to remain in good nick ??? </SPAN>

Honda Civic (reborn)2006 - 2008 ? PKDM .. Needs a new Gear Mounting after every 15K KMs.. Needs a new compressor magnet after every 2 years?.You would be knowing more than me as you are into the maintenance sector. Now what should we consider Honda Civic as ? A wise buy ? People pay 15 lacs for a 2006 model reborn..
    </SPAN>
    About your view of the economic sense of driving a Kei car is the same as , People spending 50K for a CNG kit and then after 2 years they end up in rebuilding the engine which costs more that the savings done by driving on CNG.. But that?s the way it is!!!!..You and Me both have to live with it..
    </SPAN>
    Sir, I admire you knowledge and few times I have asked for your help as well. But thinking a kei car as a Toy is what I don?t agree with you.. My kei car takes me to my workplace, my kids school , my friends place without drama and hassle. Gives me economy more than my Santro with a 100 times better drive.
    Why are you of the view that kei cars often breakdown! And require 1 to rearrange his life for getting it fixed..Parts prices are already down. 20K for Headlight /16K for bonnet/ 12 k for front bumper.. Give it some time.. The prices would come down! Just as vitz parts prices came down with time :-)</SPAN>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ehsan4808
    Which kei car you have got?
    Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alto 2006

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    What ?? Car = Disposable Appliance ?? Come on!! Which 6 years old car driven around 100K would remain in good nick after 5 years of use in Pakistan ?? This would make the car 11 years old by that time and why would any sensible guy would want it to remain in good nick ???

Honda Civic (reborn)2006 - 2008 ? PKDM .. Needs a new Gear Mounting after every 15K KMs.. Needs a new compressor magnet after every 2 years?.You would be knowing more than me as you are into the maintenance sector. Now what should we consider Honda Civic as ? A wise buy ? People pay 15 lacs for a 2006 model reborn..

About your view of the economic sense of driving a Kei car is the same as , People spending 50K for a CNG kit and then after 2 years they end up in rebuilding the engine which costs more that the savings done by driving on CNG.. But that?s the way it is!!!!..You and Me both have to live with it..

Sir, I admire you knowledge and few times I have asked for your help as well. But thinking a kei car as a Toy is what I don?t agree with you.. My kei car takes me to my workplace, my kids school , my friends place without drama and hassle. Gives me economy more than my Santro with a 100 times better drive.
    Why are you of the view that kei cars often breakdown! And require 1 to rearrange his life for getting it fixed..Parts prices are already down. 20K for Headlight /16K for bonnet/ 12 k for front bumper.. Give it some time.. The prices would come down! Just as vitz parts prices came down with time :-)
    Your first paragraph does not make sense, first you are questioning of it being a disposable appliance then are claiming that no car will be in good nick after 11 years.

next - the maintenance bit, how many kei cars do you know that have worked sucessfully with no added fizooliyat to keep them running and have worked for more than 100,000 kms on no rebuilds?

Speaking of parts - with the Honda Civic and Toyota corolla - you can get genuine brand new spare parts from the dealership - down to the most smallest part, you can even get new complete original body pieces - thats how insurance rebuilds work.

With the kei cars the scrapyard is your only hope and not everything is available as entire cars are not allowed in scrap, so they have to be cut up at the point of origin. I know you will say that Pakistani denters are talented and can fabricate parts by hand and everything but thats invalid - they do not follow repair sequence as required. e.g. if you tear out the rear suspension from hitting a hole in the road you would be really in soup to find a replacement floorpan for your kei car to mount it back. No scrappie would have it as it adds dead weight to their cargo - so they cut that bit out. Hand fabricating it will render the piece soft. Genuine manufacturer parts are still not completely available, just go and ask any parts store for the full clutch friction and steels set including complete seal and fitting kit of your car's automatic transmission - you'll get your answer.

About Vitz parts prices coming down - nearly all parts available that are low cost are replacement parts not genuine parts and the only parts available are what the shopkeepers call "parchoon" parts, meaning those that sell off quickly. A simple question of asking them for genuine toyota brand new brake discs, brake pipes or even the air cleaner plastic casing will send them into confusion - and they would have the nerve to recommend the scrap yard... lol

What I beleive is that people think that the scrap yard is the feeding source for these cars, that is itself flawed. What good is spending labour cost to replace a part that you know has its life cut in half. On PW I have seen people proudly saying that they BOUGHT brake pipes, struts, transmissions, dash contols etc. from the scrappie and how cheap they were. Theres a reason - they are used parts. Due to this mentality and the over genius ustaadification involving rigging stuff to work, gutting out cat converters, regularly cleaning the TB 5 times a day, literally grinding case hardened items to fit (like valves and lifters). This looks rosy temporarily until the car starts to visit ustaad jee every month to keep his "income flowing"

BUT - your money, your car, your game.

and back to topic - the only way to get some economy out of these cars is to drive them with A/C on mix setting or completely off and do not make the engine lug to work, Im sure kids on bicycles will be passing you very quick.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if we consider that scrapyard is the only hope hence we call these as disposeable cars! Then i am affraid as per your statement, My friends Jaguar 2004 model is also a disposable car.. Mark X/ Premio / Prado / RX8 / old models of BMW / lexus / all are disposable. As people look for their parts from scrapyards.. Lolzz........ Every cars parts can be imported as well, Its not that the only place to look for parts is the scrapyard....
    German Cars here tend to visit more to their dealerships as compared to PKDM civic and corrola.. So what about them...???
    I totally agree that these cars become a pain in the a** when something goes wrong. but for this reason i dont disscourage any1 from using or buying.. Friend's jaguar had an issue with its powersteering, the car wont start and on the LCD panel "POWER STEERING MALFUNCTION" blinked.. It was a put off for sometime but within a week he got the issue resolved from International Motors near Pepsi Factory and now the car is perfect again.....
    As the Thread Goes::: You are correct that for better mileage these cars need to be driven occasionaly with A/C and if its a 3/AT then 60 should be your top speed within city... Although its goes till 140Km/hr with 3 passengers on board..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Every car is built to wear out and be disposed, the problem with Kei cars is that they are built to be disposed earlier than any other car built to a higher spec.

If your freind is maintaining his Jaguar from junkyard sourced parts exclusively then I feel pretty sorry for him - its basically flawed to source used mechanical parts and expect them to perform like new. Which is the basis of repair. Junkyard parts are good for dead work parts like metal forgings e.g hubs, wheels etc. body parts like doors, panels etc. but anything that has stress to work is a failed approach. Just like the repair of automatic transmissions in Karachi - 90% of the automatic repair mechanics have scrap transmission parts stashed as their source. This is only good if they are hard parts and are 100% in good condition and that they are "updated" type parts (if applicable).

These mechanics use old friction plates and bands, blued out steel plates, scaffed drums claiming that it is "gen one" - That is asking for disaster. Infact that is ensuring the customer visits every month or two. The correct way is to measure and inspect then replace the worn items with new ones without question. Similarly when you see the lathe guys doing head work - they grind the valve stems or shims - this is a suicide approach as they are case hardened items. The correct way is to inspect, measure and replace as necessary.

The first approach may work for a short time, but the correct approach is what will make it work for ages like it was meant to. So still if you consider this approach correct and true to perform then all the best to you.

The reason you might see the german cars at dealerships is because the local mechanics are too narrow minded to invest in proper tools - e.g. later MB, BMW, Audi etc.. require an SST to remove the oil filter cover, you can also use a giant socket which is not available with ustaad jee, Trying to use a pair of pliers will damage it. The other bit is the engine or suspension bolts which are usually an assortment of torx or XZN drives which also local mechanics wont have.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Agreed :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^shukar ha....

@xulfiqar..
    sir if we convert this ride to two wheel drive with any juggar..like removing rear wheel drive shaft etc... will it make noticeable difference in fuel average...
    and what about getting its injectors cleaned with ultra sonic machine.....(not with a crab spray and a tooth brush)

will these thing make difference...?

and yeah can we do any tweeks with its ECU? like we make it a little lean on fuel? making its idel rpm i lil bit low?
    .........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per my experience and by checking fuel averages on a Baleno/Lancer/Cultus over a period of 5 years, I have concluded that the best fuel in Pakistan, which gives the most average is CALTEX.

I have used SHELL, PSO, TOTAL in all these cars, but the best average is achieved by CALTEX.

@hsn18, you can also see the possibility of converting your car from 4wd to 2wd, it will surely improve fuel average and you would be able to enjoy your ride.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xulfiqar sirrrrrrr???????????/
    .........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sharo53 View Post
    ^^shukar ha....

@xulfiqar..
    sir if we convert this ride to two wheel drive with any juggar..like removing rear wheel drive shaft etc... will it make noticeable difference in fuel average...
    and what about getting its injectors cleaned with ultra sonic machine.....(not with a crab spray and a tooth brush)

will these thing make difference...?

and yeah can we do any tweeks with its ECU? like we make it a little lean on fuel? making its idel rpm i lil bit low?
    it vl b really of great help if xulfiqar sir answer tht

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Baleno1300 View Post
    As per my experience and by checking fuel averages on a Baleno/Lancer/Cultus over a period of 5 years, I have concluded that the best fuel in Pakistan, which gives the most average is CALTEX.

I have used SHELL, PSO, TOTAL in all these cars, but the best average is achieved by CALTEX.

@hsn18, you can also see the possibility of converting your car from 4wd to 2wd, it will surely improve fuel average and you would be able to enjoy your ride.
    yup my thinking is the same too, CALTEX sure gives the best average nd performance

about tht, hav askd Xulfiqar...lets c wht he says

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List