13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club

Hello all! This fan club is dedicated to the small Japanese car, Mitsubishi eK Wagon!
    Here you can share pictures of your ride, discuss problems, share information about the availability of its parts and anything else you can think of related to the car!

Cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hidden Features / perks of Mitsubishi EK wagon i found so far:

1. You can close and open its side mirrors with your key, even while not being inside car but within remote's range. (tripple click the lock / unlock button on the key).
    2. You can close all 4 windows with key, even when out of car (long press the lock button on the key).
    3. The car has auto-headlights-off function, if you leave the lights on and get out of your car with key, the lights go off. even parking lights.
    4. There is option to control luminosity of the speedometer, (turn on the headlights, and then press the meterknob, at 4th step, it shows option to control luminosity)
    5. The side mirrors if left closed and you driveaway, they automatically open when u reach speed of 30km/hr.
    6. The car has securitysystem builtin, but not enabled by default by the company, (turn headlights off, remove key, open driverside door, pull the wiper lever for 20seconds, after the long beep goes off, click the unlock button of key, single beep means enabled, 3 beeps mean disabled)
    7. You can change the way car unlocks itself, normally all doors including hatchback openup when unlock button is pressed, you can change it to only open the driverside door with unlock single click, and open all gates with double click. good for security.
    8. There is a slot with the gearknob, if your car is stuck, you can insert any key in it, press, and control the gear to P/R/N/D/3/2
    9. You can put a samsung tab4 in the multimedia area, and it exactly fits there. Professional grade navigation at a fraction of cost.
    10. You can remove the headrests of the front seats and they tilt all the way back to make a full double bed. imagine the fun and costsavings for not booking a hotelroom while on a trip.
    11. You can remove the spanner icon from the speedometer if its bugging you with different values, just park the car, remove key, turnon headlights, press the knob in meter, at 5th step it shows spanner, long press, and then clear it.
    12. You can have your own RPM / tacho meter, (tacho does not come from factory in EK). Install an OBDII ELM327 connector (can be found very easily these days) and install torque app in your android, ... realtime data of more than 250 sensors, you can see your exact petrol average, trip average, petrol cost, throttle / airintake, temperature and lot more other sensors data only found in veryvery high end cars only.
    13. Its side retract mirrors are heated-ones, means if chilling cold or icy conditions, the side mirrors can auto remove the water/fog/mist.
    14. If you come to know of any feature, you should tell me also. If i come to know any, i ll share it here again.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow thanks for the info

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Really informative

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great features shared by you sir....although i dont have any Ek, but it was interesting to read all this.Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome stuff.... thanks for sharing... associated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Appreciated*

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default EK Wagon

Thanks for posting. Its great to know about our car. Although I have known some of them already and have tried new ones also. Please tell me what measures does this vehicle take when we enable it's security feature? Keen to know about.
    What about Owner's manual English translation?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naeem.fraz View Post
    Thanks for posting. Its great to know about our car. Although I have known some of them already and have tried new ones also. Please tell me what measures does this vehicle take when we enable it's security feature? Keen to know about.
    What about Owner's manual English translation?
    Dear Naeem

The question you did to me was was my first question on this form. I also wanted to know what benefit security system offers.

Infact my EK's ecu was tampered in Japan somewhere, so there is a fault, it follows through all the steps of enabling the security system, & at the end mine one's meter beeps constantly and beep does not go away in 20 seconds like it does in all other EKs i ve tried so far. but that is only with my EK and none else. hence my reply would not be as authentic as the one's whose security system got enabled completely. The people i ve consulted,tell following:
    1. security system enabled, alright. beep turned off after 20 seconds, confirming enabling.
    2. there is a small light in meter which shows security system has been armed. (red led type light above engine icon in meter)
    3. when you are out of car, and have armed the security system by pressing lock key, this light blinks
    4. if someone tries to open your car with any other key (not yours), alarm starts, horn yells, lights and indicators flicker.
    5. if someone is inside when you have locked and he tries to open the car, the alarm starts.
    6. but to my dismay, its not exactly like the choon choon we get installed from market, like if car is bumped or thumped or vibrated it starts yelling, in factory security system mode, it does not start yelling upon thumping, bumping or vibrations, which defeats the basic purpose.

Manual says that if some theif will try to mess with your car it will yell.
    bear
    but as i said, i am on the shallow side of fortune pool because my EK ECU was tampered with at Japan. and all / anyone / everyone i consulted to correct it starts gazing me like i am talking russian or chinese to him. haha. You can try and update your info here.

b/t/w disabling the security system is also the same process, just when you hear 3 beeps while enabling you ll hear only 1 (means disabled) when doing the same process again.

You can arm and disarm it as many times as you like. no harm to car. none at all. i tried it almost a dozen times to an EK just to test the difference. all good.

as for as English translation goes, Wise09 bhai of Lahore is the most knowledgeable on the subject so far. He is the one who shared the jap manual. he and i tried a hell lot to find english manual. but couldnt, I spent entire week finding each and every alternative to it. but couldnt get the english one. atlast i translated the required pages line by line from google-translate. funny translation, but you have to get the hang of it.

I also came across a very fine portal, it shows parts of EK, all, and is very informative, is infact a part-selling site, but from it i came to know lot of details, you might want to turn on google-translate feature of your browser to auto, for this also is in Japanese. link is as follows:

Mitsubishi eK-Series - ???????????? LRDE G (2WD), 4A/T<wagon> - ????????

regards.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another feature i found:

14: The front windscreen and front two windows are UV cut glass, means at a high sunny day, when dhup is at its glaze, and you are driving EK with just a T-shirt on, you wont get black hands and arms. Rear two windows and rear windscreen is privacy glass and gets darker with sunlight.

15: EK-sports has TV antenna built into rear right halfwindow. (badnews is that TV reception in our country is not NTSC so halfluck with finding clear channels)

16: If while driving, you loose all power (like battery power not reaching computer due to any reason) your gear will stick, and key will also stick. gear you can shift by inserting key, but how to remove the key ??, answer is that on the steering column, there is a blackbox a few inches down the steering, it has a L shaped small lever on corner of it, (same lever which clicks when you press the button on the gearknob), you can turn it clockwise 90 degree, and it leaves the key. you can now remove the key, and then free the gear and get your EK pushed to roadside for further steps)

17. waiting for someone to post more features of EK he has found so far. Eager to know EK a bit more.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys here is a pic annotated with names of few sensors of the our EK engine i came to know recently (my idling had gone bad, and i tried to correct it myself, success, you just need to spray carb / throttlebody cleaner in throttlebody by removing the airfilter housing. takes 5 minutes).
    Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club! -1530804
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for CG graphic designers only:

If anyone interested in 3d model of EK, here is the link : Mitsubishi eK Wagon [Japan] 3D Model Download | 3D CAD Browser or just want to see how EK looks from a specific angle, just click on the 3d button and use your mouse to rotate the EK in your browser to see 3d EK rotating live before your eyes.

If anyone wants corel cdr of the body outlines of EK, i ve traced it from jpg, can share. just email me if you need. Credit goes to Wise09 bhai of lahore for providing me the source to accomplish this.

my email is
    zahid.asif at gmail dot com.

mitsubishi ek wagon fan club -1530806
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Asif thank you very much for answering. I got the security feature enabled and disabled and also experienced opening the door from inside the car and that resulted into a loud frequent horn blowing and blinking of all indicators. To get it stopped, I had to insert key in the ignition. I'll try from outside soon with another duplicate manual key.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need to make decision of buying Ek Wagon 2012 (turbo charger) or 2011; what is the overall review; AC in summer, fuel consumption; maintenance, comfort etc.
    Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifkalim View Post
    I need to make decision of buying Ek Wagon 2012 (turbo charger) or 2011; what is the overall review; AC in summer, fuel consumption; maintenance, comfort etc.
    Thanks.
    summary: go for it, 2011, buy nonturbo, turbo is not good at fuel consumption, gives u an extra 5hp though, plus its catalytic converter goes bad in our environment and by lead infected petrol mostly avlbl. AC is ok, but dont expect 5 healthy persons sitting, u riding uphill with AC on and it giving u a decent pull. normal use AC is ok, even in our warmer cities. maintenance is not cheap, mitsubishi workppl politely pull 2-3k pkr at each trip. airfilter original is around 2200, u ve to find it, not common. .. if u love EK, maintenance dont matter. comfort is also good. see and feel a few EKs before you go buying em.

Tks
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cleaned my Ek's throttle body today, myself, at home,

reason: rough idling, less than perfect fuel consumption, noisy engine.

outcome: smooth sound as silk, satisfaction of DIY, lots of knowledge, 21+ km/ltr average, satisfaction that no idiot hammered or messed with my car. happen to know my EK now a little bit more.

time: 2 hours,
    cost: almost nil. .. or if you dont have carbcleaner spray at home, u ll hv to buy it, around 200pkr
    difficulty: easy,
    tools needed: just a common philips screwdriver, a #10 spanner. a piece of cloth for cleaning, an old destroyable toothbrush, half a cup or less of petrol.
    risk: none

Can share the process to anyone who needs to do it. ve taken pics of parts also.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifkalim View Post
    Thanks.
    My experience with ek wagon is really bad. Mostly all dealers cars are accidental cars. Giving me avg of 12km/litre.. in summer when Ac is on alot noise of belt comes. I do fix in 5000rs but after 2 months noise start again. Then i sold my Ek wagon and bought Pak suzuki wagonR vxl. ALHUMDULILAH satisfied now. Ek wagon ky parts b nahi miltay. Or boht mehngy miltay hain.. i always prefer now local assembled cars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifzahidasif View Post
    Cleaned my Ek's throttle body today, myself, at home,

reason: rough idling, less than perfect fuel consumption, noisy engine.

outcome: smooth sound as silk, satisfaction of DIY, lots of knowledge, 21+ km/ltr average, satisfaction that no idiot hammered or messed with my car. happen to know my EK now a little bit more.

time: 2 hours,
    cost: almost nil. .. or if you dont have carbcleaner spray at home, u ll hv to buy it, around 200pkr
    difficulty: easy,
    tools needed: just a common philips screwdriver, a #10 spanner. a piece of cloth for cleaning, an old destroyable toothbrush, half a cup or less of petrol.
    risk: none

Can share the process to anyone who needs to do it. ve taken pics of parts also.
    Please Share process with pics

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default EK Wagon

I rode uphill with 5 normal weighing people with a/c on and off, it didn't let me feel that we are riding a small car at all.
    My vehicle gives me 13km or some extra within the city, can I try to clean its throttle body as you did? I mean how did you do that all?
    Air filters for EK are available at Filter House, Main Blvd, DHA, Lahore within the range from 600 to Rs. 1000. They are working great and are OEM type.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I experienced the same when I drove to Murree uphill from the less used Lawrence College road. We're like two adults and three children. It was really a tough test though, as you know, it is really a steep slop to ride!

Regarding air filter, I've checked several stores but found none interesting, including THE FILTER HOUSE! They all sell paper-based filters, non-reusable, non-washable. I've been struggling to find some quality stuff around, fabric-based reusable one... like the one I already have pre-installed. I've been using this same filter for almost 3 YEARS! Just wash with petrol, carb cleaner or simply surf... and it is like new again.... but nothing lasts forever!

Finally, I traced down the brand and item number of my filter, found it on Japanese online stores and ordered one! Expecting delivery with in next two weeks time.

There are a couple of famous brands, manufacturers of performance filters and other performance parts. Blitz and K&N, former is Japanese and later is American. Both have great performance filters... washable, reusable, durable and make clear effect on engine response and fuel consumption. But, as you guessed right, they are costly! But, I'm of the view, that keeping all the benefits in view, these are not expensive in the long run.

QUALITY & PERFORMANCE DOES MATTER!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers