Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 654
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Dragoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    444
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club

    Hello all! This fan club is dedicated to the small Japanese car, Mitsubishi eK Wagon!
    Here you can share pictures of your ride, discuss problems, share information about the availability of its parts and anything else you can think of related to the car!

    Cheers!


  2. #221
    mfr
    mfr is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    mfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Age
    36
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kashifkalim View Post
    I need to make decision of buying Ek Wagon 2012 (turbo charger) or 2011; what is the overall review; AC in summer, fuel consumption; maintenance, comfort etc.
    Thanks.
    I bought 2011 some 5 months ago
    On the scale 1 to 5 i would say
    Drive/comfort= mazaydar 4/5
    Ac in summer=car running 5/5 , car stoping too much like in traffic jams 2/5.
    Fuel consumption=2/5 ,my one gives 11 or 12 with ac. Where as I expect from it 14km/L
    Maintenance=5/5 (if u keep changing things when their working life is completing like regular oil change, oil filter, air filters, transmission oil)

  3. #222
    PakWheeler Follow
    wise09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    See if anyone interested to buy ELM 327 OBDII Scanner; personally imported; works perfectly with EK Wagon and virtually with all having OBDII interface.

    Kindly PM for price and contact.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #223
    PakWheeler Follow
    wise09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ... one piece already sold to @Skt_Z4

  5. #224
    PakWheeler Follow
    naeem.fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Me too washed twice my genuine filter then replaced it with locally available paper one. My cousin arranged air and fuel filter from Singapore but air filter was of paper made.

  6. #225
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys, today i went to Mitsubishi Motors Islamabad,

    location:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

    nice fellows there, can get thousands out of your pocket real smooth. anyhow proper tools, proper workshop, proper team for everything, body, engine, elect, u name it. Ashfaq is the service desk guy, Good person. Bilal the engine guy, has knowledge of how it works.

    I was merely passing by, and went there just of curiosity to ask about the flutter in sound of EK, they told me that Ek's catalytic converter is choked, hence pick has dropped and sound is flapperish, sound also because of tappets, later they removed the catalytic converter, its directly below the exhaust manifold, (the bottle like thing), and removed everything from its belly, the parts they extracted looked like grey / silverish honeycomb structure, clay mesh made up of thousands of square pipes binded together, google 'catalytic converter' to understand the gibberish. ... they removed it, and just to my curiosity i looked at a piece of removed 'jaali'; my analysis was that it was not choked, i could see through it. , anyhow after removal the pick improvement was just say 10%!?, downside was the sound flutter increase by around 5%. I hv brought a couple of CC pieces with me as sample, will share you the pics.

    bytheway they took 1500 to remove it. f****d up in 1500.

    not good.

    lesson learnt: DONT remove your catalytic converter if your car is less than 5 years old, earlier it normally doesnt get choked.

    other than that they done tappets, were loose, (62k km were on the ODO, tappets should ve been loose), and i had my Auto Tranny fluid ATF (not WTF) changed. costed 2000 per litre, [genuine mitsubishi ATFSPIII, if i had not access to it, i would ve poured liquimoli] they poured 2 litre in it. now gearshifting and drive is smoother, cant tell when the car shifted its gear.


    knowledge gained:
    1. ATF should be changed at 60k km (must),
    2. if Ek is decreasing brakeoil, the diskpads are the culprits.
    3. at P (Parking gear) the RPM should be around 950, at D 850. they vary with gears.
    4. Ek; when taking a turn during drive automatically increases 50 RPM for every 15 degree.
    5. at Mitsu Isb; tuning cost 850,
    6. total coolant cost 1500 there, front disk brake pads were of 4500 pkr pad replacement cost 450 pkr , spark plugs set 775pkr, [i didnt change em. just sharing you the cost.]
    7. genuine air cleaner element , cost 1950 pkr, changed it.
    8. tappet adjustment gauge is 0.20mm or #8gauge.
    9. sparkplugs are opened with #16 long goti+rod, another piece of knowledge is that the normal #16 goti you buy out there like GSTOOLS type, its thicker and will not reach downtill the plug. u either need slim version, or u have to get it tooled from lathe. check that goti drops an inch or so down the sparkplug hole. if its end is flush with top of the hole, its not reaching till down. this i came to know yesterday when i wanted to DIY clean my sparkplugs myself. took 2 hours to figure. but at-the-end kr k hi dm lea.
    Still learning.

  7. #226
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i was googling the catalytic converter removal pros and cons (after removal ) and in various blogs it says the engine would be running lean now.

    any realworld experience?

    pl share
    Still learning.

  8. #227
    mfr
    mfr is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    mfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Age
    36
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the details asif

  9. #228
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys

    here is the link for the tutorial i wrote for throttle body cleaning, i ve uploaded it to dropbox and shared the link. anyone / everyone has full access to download and share it to anyone / everyone who needs it.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/knx5ryxdfc...aning.pdf?dl=0

    Many thanks
    Still learning.

  10. #229
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club! -1536395Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club! -1536396Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club! -1536397Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club! -1536398Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club! -1536399
    Still learning.

  11. #230
    PakWheeler Follow
    naeem.fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asifzahidasif View Post
    Guys, today i went to Mitsubishi Motors Islamabad,

    location:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

    nice fellows there, can get thousands out of your pocket real smooth. anyhow proper tools, proper workshop, proper team for everything, body, engine, elect, u name it. Ashfaq is the service desk guy, Good person. Bilal the engine guy, has knowledge of how it works.

    I was merely passing by, and went there just of curiosity to ask about the flutter in sound of EK, they told me that Ek's catalytic converter is choked, hence pick has dropped and sound is flapperish, sound also because of tappets, later they removed the catalytic converter, its directly below the exhaust manifold, (the bottle like thing), and removed everything from its belly, the parts they extracted looked like grey / silverish honeycomb structure, clay mesh made up of thousands of square pipes binded together, google 'catalytic converter' to understand the gibberish. ... they removed it, and just to my curiosity i looked at a piece of removed 'jaali'; my analysis was that it was not choked, i could see through it. , anyhow after removal the pick improvement was just say 10%!?, downside was the sound flutter increase by around 5%. I hv brought a couple of CC pieces with me as sample, will share you the pics.

    bytheway they took 1500 to remove it. f****d up in 1500.

    not good.

    lesson learnt: DONT remove your catalytic converter if your car is less than 5 years old, earlier it normally doesnt get choked.

    other than that they done tappets, were loose, (62k km were on the ODO, tappets should ve been loose), and i had my Auto Tranny fluid ATF (not WTF) changed. costed 2000 per litre, [genuine mitsubishi ATFSPIII, if i had not access to it, i would ve poured liquimoli] they poured 2 litre in it. now gearshifting and drive is smoother, cant tell when the car shifted its gear.


    knowledge gained:
    1. ATF should be changed at 60k km (must),
    2. if Ek is decreasing brakeoil, the diskpads are the culprits.
    3. at P (Parking gear) the RPM should be around 950, at D 850. they vary with gears.
    4. Ek; when taking a turn during drive automatically increases 50 RPM for every 15 degree.
    5. at Mitsu Isb; tuning cost 850,
    6. total coolant cost 1500 there, front disk brake pads were of 4500 pkr pad replacement cost 450 pkr , spark plugs set 775pkr, [i didnt change em. just sharing you the cost.]
    7. genuine air cleaner element , cost 1950 pkr, changed it.
    8. tappet adjustment gauge is 0.20mm or #8gauge.
    9. sparkplugs are opened with #16 long goti+rod, another piece of knowledge is that the normal #16 goti you buy out there like GSTOOLS type, its thicker and will not reach downtill the plug. u either need slim version, or u have to get it tooled from lathe. check that goti drops an inch or so down the sparkplug hole. if its end is flush with top of the hole, its not reaching till down. this i came to know yesterday when i wanted to DIY clean my sparkplugs myself. took 2 hours to figure. but at-the-end kr k hi dm lea.
    ["thank you very much for sharing such a useful information. Many of us certainly will get benefit."]

  12. #231
    Newbie Follow
    iqarham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Which engine oil will be most suitable for my Ek Wagon 2006 having an ODO of 80k+ kms? Previously it had Guard Engine oil over which im not satisfied. Plus which oil would be good considering the fuel average?

  13. #232
    PakWheeler Follow
    mehmudbhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    URGENT ANSWER REQUIRED!

    guys i need to replace the windscreen of my EK Wagon. i live in Rawalpindi. does anyone have any idea about the price and availability of the windscreen? where can i buy it? a mobile number of anyone dealing in body parts of EK would be higly appreciated. thanks

  14. #233
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mehmudbhatti View Post
    URGENT ANSWER REQUIRED!

    guys i need to replace the windscreen of my EK Wagon. i live in Rawalpindi. does anyone have any idea about the price and availability of the windscreen? where can i buy it? a mobile number of anyone dealing in body parts of EK would be higly appreciated. thanks

    man its sad to hear abt ur windscreen loss. I would suggest ringing sami, 03335167097, we got cultus parts from him few months back, he deals in such stuff, if he doesnt have it, ask him any further contact. He is a 'kabli' part dealer at chah-sultan (Sultan da khooh), its on murree road.

    regards.
    Still learning.

  15. #234
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys

    an update:
    after the catalytic removal, the sound increases not by 5%, but by 25%, that day when i had been tricked into removing it, i had checked it in noisy environment, later next morning when i started it in my porch, my heart broke into zillion pieces when i heard the sound. it really sounded like a rikshaw when throttled.

    didnt take me a day to take it back to those guys and ask them for solution, internet had told me straight-piping the catalytic-bottle, or putting a muffler after it. I took the later choice. putting a muffler ahead. Ofcourse these guys said the sound is PERFECT, .. hence gone to gawalmandi desi silencer walas. even they told me that we only would ve washed the cat and not removed it. anyhow, consulting three of them, final decision was to put a muffler (dholki) after the cat. funny. anyhow it had to be done to get the sound back to normal.those dakoos took 3000 pkr for it. the dholki and the welding.

    Thanks to Allah sound was normalized back, but not completely, i am still reminded with each throttle that WTF have i done to EK.

    so
    knowledge gained:
    after cat removal, if the sound is unacceptable, u ll have to put a muffler after the cat. (that means getting it welded in path)


    beware of them mechanics, and dont blv everything they say.
    Still learning.

  16. #235
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys

    my all posts and updates here are for the benefit of you guys, k jo nuqsan muje howa ap ko naa ho. or if i get to know something new abt veh or relevant, u should also know.

    these days, khadim-e-aala, muhtaram mosoof shahbaz sharif sb aur hmaray muhtaram prime minister jnab nawaz sharif sb ne hukm jaari kiya hay excise and taxation walon ko k shehr main koi gardi taxtoken update k bagher phirnay na payay, sath main un registered gardion walon ko to sb se pehlay nappo.

    Kal subha, for the first time, i was stopped at such naaka, i was coming back from my son's school. ... they impounded my car right away in ETO office, EK ki registeration krai, number lgwaya to jaan bakhshi howi. 46000 pkr for it. 3 bjay k qareeb gardi ETO se nikal k laya, registeration dekhnay se pehlay key b handover nhi kr rehay thay.

    Allah hmaray wazir-e-azam sb ko jannat naseeb kray jald az jald.

    anyhow, knowledge gained:

    0. Shehr bhar main muhim chal rehi hay excise walon ki, areas marked hain aur jga jga naakay lga k baithay hain. Extra ordinary checking ho rehi hay.
    1. 1 b year ka b token late hay to ap ki gardi impound kr dein gy,
    2. these days dont travel without proper documents, seedha thaanay jaein gy ap b aur apki gardi b.
    3. always keep balance in your phone while in car
    4. Un registered gardi just 59 days tk chala sktay hain, 60th day se ap jurm kr rehay hain, apko excise walay napp lein gy aur apki vehicle seedha ETO hi jayay gi, agr ap k pas puri registeration k paisay nhi hain, to 4000 de k 2 din k liyay grace period le sktay hain, original papers wo rakh lein gy aur ap ko 2 din k ander ander paisay arrange kr k registeration krani ho gi.
    5. registeration process bht asaan kr dea gya hay, within half hour ap gardi register kra sktay hain. apk id card ki 3 copies, aur registration cost with original documents apk pas honay chahiyain, usi time ap ko temporary registeration paper aur numberplates b issue kr dein gy, aur 15 days tk apki regbook b apk ghar tcs kr dein gy. ap ko dobara janay ki 'zehmat' nhi krni prday gi.


    regards.
    Still learning.

  17. #236
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashroo View Post
    Guys Anyone know how can i check the MAP sensor and TPS Sensor on my EK Wagon, My Car is running sluggish with low power and very bad mileage, and after getting all the possible Mechanical work, i have come to the conclusion that it has got to be one of the sensors. Any advise how to get the sensors checked, there is no Check Engine light for any sensors. I have a scanner tool though, how can i diagnose any malfunctions using that tool.

    MAP is on top of throttlebody, the topmost sensor in 3g83 engine of Ek, 2screws hold it, u need carburator cleaner to clean it,
    TPS is on the back of throttle body, its screws are towards firewall and you have to remove the throttlebody to get it clean, carbcleaner also cleans it. TPS has adjustment, like rotational adjustment, u can try clockwise 2 degrees for a + value (richer) or anticlockwise for leaner fuel.

    or, atworst, get ur catalytic converter checked for choking, only if ur car is 2007 or 2006 model, but only get it cleaned n not removed. sound bacomes crappy if u remove it.
    Still learning.

  18. #237
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifzahidasif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iqarham View Post
    Which engine oil will be most suitable for my Ek Wagon 2006 having an ODO of 80k+ kms? Previously it had Guard Engine oil over which im not satisfied. Plus which oil would be good considering the fuel average?
    Zic A+


    and Auto transmission Fluid (Transmission oil)(ATF SPIII) , Liqui moli ka 1500/Ltr hay aur mitsubishi genuine 2000/Ltr hay, 2 ltr dalta hay, Coolant replacement, power steering fluid, brake oil, ye sb change hone walay hain.

    regards
    Still learning.

  19. #238
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    adil5855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How to check if CAT is removed?

  20. #239
    PakWheeler Follow
    naeem.fraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thank you Asif your instruction manual helped me a lot. I did my TB cleaned by removing it. When I tried to remove air filter assy I found one of its screw untightened and almost near to drop. I think the stupid mechanic who replaced plugs last time left it undone. I realized gaining of engine noise increased slightly 5% perhaps. However pickup has been increased. Now have to check any difference in milage if there's any.

  21. #240
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    adil5855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wise09 View Post
    See if anyone interested to buy ELM 327 OBDII Scanner; personally imported; works perfectly with EK Wagon and virtually with all having OBDII interface.

    Kindly PM for price and contact.
    PM Me price


    Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •