13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club

Hello all! This fan club is dedicated to the small Japanese car, Mitsubishi eK Wagon!
    Here you can share pictures of your ride, discuss problems, share information about the availability of its parts and anything else you can think of related to the car!

Cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil5855 View Post
    How to check if CAT is removed?
    Dear Adil

first of all, after cat removal, sound becomes flapperish, like bike without silencer, like hurr, hurrrrrr, u get the idea, systematic check would be readings of o2 sensor, there are two O2 sensors, one behind the cat and 2nd one after it somewhat 1feet away. (btw that is theory, and if you tell me to check o2 readings, i cant, but thats my understanding from all the internet and manuals, and also best hunch that o2 readings will be the key in identifying if cat has been removed or not. pl research further.

anyhow its an awful bad thing, the removal of cat.

wishing u luck.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naeem.fraz View Post
    Thank you Asif your instruction manual helped me a lot. I did my TB cleaned by removing it. When I tried to remove air filter assy I found one of its screw untightened and almost near to drop. I think the stupid mechanic who replaced plugs last time left it undone. I realized gaining of engine noise increased slightly 5% perhaps. However pickup has been increased. Now have to check any difference in milage if there's any.

I am in no way arguing your analysis of sound increase, but there might be few reasons, pl chk following:
    the gaining of sound was after or prior TB cleaning ? if after, then
    pl chk that there was an airpipe below the airfilter assembly, might be u ve skipped putting it back to airfilter assembly.

3g83 engine has autochoke, mightbe u r basing your sound% increase on colder engine start. when engine is cold, say 40 deg, rpms are high and engine is louder, when louder, some things resonate and produce sounds, i ud suggest let the engine heat upto 80 deg and then base your analysis of sound increase.

a note on rpms:
    in 3g83, at 40 degree, or colder engine rpm is around 1200 or more if colder, at 50 deg rpms drop to 1100, at 60 its 1000 rpm, at 70deg its 950-925, & at 80, the ideal engine temp to get the cart moving, rpm should be 850-900. upto 960 also ok based on personal preference, in pakistan and our climate, 950 at P is all ok, but below 775 is vibrational, u need to dial in or out the rpm adjustment screw at 80 degree only. chk that when u put your gear to D or R, the rpm drop another 100 and become 750-790 something. but then again, ECU (computer) balances it within 4-5 seconds back to 850.

another thing to consider:
    when earlier you had not cleaned the TB, the butterfly was packed with carbon, now when u ve removed carbon and cleaned it, there is gap all around the butterfly, of say .2 mm, air passes from there, and has increased the RPM, plus when you removed the TPS, u didnt mark its position, and my guess is that you have bolted it clockwise more than its last position, a/f ratio is now richer, check with torque, it should be around 14.7:1 to 14.0:1, if more, then my friend u are running rich . simple solution would be to loosen the tps screw and turn it 1 or 2 deg anticlock.

regards.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Car washing method, directly quoted from vague_one, a senior pakwheeler,

link to original post: (u might have to scroll to post 7047)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/body-work-interior-paint-glass-appearance/166955-car-care-detailing-dreams-353

=====copypaste starts here=====:

Wheels, arches, door Jambs

Start with these. When washing your wheels using a wheel brush, the shampoo solution (or wheel cleaner solution) can spray up onto paintwork, and if you`ve just cleaned the paintwork, you'll end up needing to clean it again to remove the dirty spray from wheels! Don't forget to open all doors and boot and clean the doorjambs and the insides of the door (without getting wash solution into the locking mechanisms, I cover these up) - these areas can pick up a lot of dirt as well and it adds something a little extra to open the door and see the jambs as clean as the rest of the car as these areas are often forgotten about.

Pre-Rinsing

This loosens up dirt and wets the paintwork ready for washing. Using a hose pipe, direct a gentle spray of water at the paintwork at a shallow angle. If you blast the paintwork with high pressure at ninety degrees to the paintwork, you'll force grit into the paint and cause scatches. Just a gentle spray of water to wet the paintwork is all that is required. If you don't have access to a hose, use a watering can with the rose fitted to produce a gentle spary of water.

Shampooing

This is the major stage of the washing process, and the time when most scratches can be inflicted if care is not taken. This removes fresh surface contimaniation from paintwork such as dust, grit, mud, road film etc... Add the correct amount of car wash solution (according to the dilution ratio on the bottle) to your bucket and fill with water to produce suds and lubricated wash solution.The water can be cold, or warm - I prefer warm water as it keeps my hands warm, especially in winter, use the two bucket method. Use two washmitts - one for the top areas of the car (roof, bonnet, upper sides above the wheel arch line) and one for the lower areas (below the wheel arch line, front and rear bumpers). Use a light parallel motion when washing, with out applying forceful pressure that will inflict scratches. If a mark is stubborn and wont come off with gentle movement of the wash mitt, it will require a stronger cleaner such as tar remover or clay. Start from the roof and work down, therefore the large quantities of dirt that form on the lower parts of car are not transferred to the traditionally cleaner upper areas of the car. Try to avoid letting the shampoo dry on the paintwork as this will cause streaks and soap spots, for this reason try to avoid washing in direct sunlight. If you are in direct sunlight, it may be neccessary to wash and rinse a panel art a time. Continue until the car is completed.

Rinsing

Once washed, the next step is to rinse away the soap bubbles and film. If using a hose I first of all use a light spary of water to wet the paintwork (using the rose on the watering can), just like the pre-rinsing step. Then follow this up with a flow of water from the hose (rose off the water can this time). Most shampoos are free rinsing and require this flow of water to make the rinsing water "sheet" off of the paintwork. (This sheeting effect will work best on well sealed and waxed paintwork). On a sealed/waxed car, keep rinsing until the water sheets cleanly off the paintwork and leaves behind only water beads and not flat regions of water. This makes the car essentially self drying! Rinse from the top of the car down.

Drying

Another risk stage as far as scrathes are concerned. Rather than sweeping the Mf across the paintwork to remove the water, I prefer to pat dry the car. The sweeping of the mf has more risk of inflicting scratches as stray grit particles may be picked up and inadvertantly swept across the paint inflicting swirl marks. Instead, pat dry the car by laying the mf down over the wet paintwork. Gently pat the mf, then lift off the paintwork. The mf will absorb the water to dry the paint. A thin flim of water may be left behind but this will quickly evaporate to leave a sparkling, streak free finish.

And there we have it - safe washing technique to avoid inflicting dreaded swirls into paintwork.

===copy paste ends here.===
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The increase in the engine sound would have happened due to cold start or the resultant of possibly the removal of tar-like solution from the butterfly. I took much care to remove, cleaning and reassembling the TB unit. I didn't try to adjust torque screw as I was fear of loosing the adjustment. However I got : 1) Gaining the pickup, 2) smooth drive , 3) smooth transmission also.
    While washing I almost do the same things you have mentioned. I make Turtle wax solution in a bucket, take some pieces of micro fiber cloth, (micro fiber cloth is useful specially in dry cleaning. It removes fine dust thoroughly) first spraying water on whole body and let it to soak for a while and start from the roof, once the piece of cloth gets dirty I wash it with fresh water thoroughly then damp it again in solution and so on. I use wind shield cleaning spray, it purges away any grim or stain completely. I use other waxing spray for interior as well as for tyres.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear naeem,

thanks for answering, good to know that you got smoother vehicle now, can u please share the cost of turtle wax solution, here at dubai autos rawalpindi, its available, but i havent checked the price yet, and by torque, i meant Torque app in the android. its a software app downloadable from playstore and used in conjuction with ODBII elm327 connector (the one like being sold by wise09 (senior pakwheeler in this forum) of lahore.) and by wind shield cleaning spray u mean windex or glint ? please elaborate which compound u r using. and for wiping the freshly washed wet car, i would recommend having a synthetic chamois, around 200pkr here, its like super super absorbant, and cleans the droplets real fast, one wipe and the water is gone for sure. much more efficient than microfibres.

guys, may be i am seeming too sinky / crazy about cleaning that much, in reality am not that much,
    i am of the opinion that knowledge is a good thing to have, its another thing to apply it, good if done

many thanks.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys

any fellow pakwheeler who has changed the bumper, grill or front or rear lights of EK, please share your experiences and costs incurred. want to know prices. (Alhamdulillah nothing bad happened yet, but knowing the cost is i think a part of being prepped for the worst).

regards.
    Still learning.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not myself but a very good friend of mine changed one head light one fender and one door..dont remember exact rates but total cost of three items were 85k. Its a month back matter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I myself checked the prices of few spare parts of mitsu ek while i was buying a side mirror of my accord...that shopkeeper has bumper and front grill of mitsu ek 2007...his final rates were 45k for bumper and 25k for grill..in whole peshawar pindi as per his statement, onle he had those items...its around 18 months back.

mfr
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
    I myself checked the prices of few spare parts of mitsu ek while i was buying a side mirror of my accord...that shopkeeper has bumper and front grill of mitsu ek 2007...his final rates were 45k for bumper and 25k for grill..in whole peshawar pindi as per his statement, onle he had those items...its around 18 months back.
    Thats very very expensive. Can we use other mitsubishi parts on ek wagon. Like bumpers or side mirrors

mfr
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Travel khi-isb-murree. Guys I want to travel to islamabad and then to murree on my ek wagon 2011. I have few concerns. Firstly I will be travelling with family which means 2 adults 1 kido. And I plan to start travelling at 5 am take a lunch break at around 1 in some good place in sindh (please recommend some good place for lunch and staying with family for an hour or 2) then drive to bahawalpur. Night stay at bhwlpr and then toward isb, stoping for a lunch break some where. Then stay at isb and then to murree. And same way back.

My concerns are,
    Bad roads of sindh, long hours of travelling. Can ek wagon bear all this hardship

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfr View Post
    Travel khi-isb-murree. Guys I want to travel to islamabad and then to murree on my ek wagon 2011. I have few concerns. Firstly I will be travelling with family which means 2 adults 1 kido. And I plan to start travelling at 5 am take a lunch break at around 1 in some good place in sindh (please recommend some good place for lunch and staying with family for an hour or 2) then drive to bahawalpur. Night stay at bhwlpr and then toward isb, stoping for a lunch break some where. Then stay at isb and then to murree. And same way back.

My concerns are,
    Bad roads of sindh, long hours of travelling. Can ek wagon bear all this hardship
    Ek wagon ka janaza nikalo gey kya??
    I think with night stay and stay for lunch will good for ur car also. It will b cool down for some stay.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My concerns are,
    BTW its hight of risk....with family such a long route and that too on EK....i dont doubt about the reliability of the car, but u must take into consideration the probability of any problem or breakdown of the car, no doubt the chances are rare but they do exist...just keep in mind the solution for such unforcasted expected problems and be sure none of its spareparts will be available easily.For long routes it is always advisable to use most reliable car with assurance of spareparts availability.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen ppl traveling from kchi to isb and vice versa on even Mehran, Alto and cultus ....your car is off course better in quality and reliabilty in comparison to all these three cars but the question is availability of spare parts through out the way.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil5855 View Post
    PM Me price

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

I'm unable to PM you, probably your inbox is already full!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai Asif I got Turtle Wax and 7CF Windshield Cleaner from Hyperstar. I do not remember exactly the same price right mow, The cost of Wax was about Rs 500+ while Windshield cleaner was Rs 300+. Despite of several washes, it still can go a long. Good for Detailing. The features of windshield include:
    - Purges oil stain attaching to glass completely.
    - Prevents oil film accreting glass again.
    - Long-term efficacy of anti-fog.
    Above features are written on the spray cane. It sprays foam-like solution and I think it works good.
    Regards,
    Naeem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naeem.fraz View Post
    Bhai Asif I got Turtle Wax and 7CF Windshield Cleaner from Hyperstar. I do not remember exactly the same price right mow, The cost of Wax was about Rs 500+ while Windshield cleaner was Rs 300+. Despite of several washes, it still can go a long. Good for Detailing. The features of windshield include:
    - Purges oil stain attaching to glass completely.
    - Prevents oil film accreting glass again.
    - Long-term efficacy of anti-fog.
    Above features are written on the spray cane. It sprays foam-like solution and I think it works good.
    Regards,
    Naeem
    Dear Naeem
    thanks for sharing.

news is that yesterday i purchased a karcher k2.120, for ek, its in transit yet, (has been bought in lahore, and will reach me tomorrow evening), cant wait. i ll share the experience once it comes in hand. net and users say that u can fully wash down your car in under 7 minutes with this baby, including pre-soak, shampooing, washing. ... will test n tell.

regards.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My concerns are,

Go ahead man, ayatulkursi parh k tel pani chk kr k, bzurgon ki duaon k sayay, lets test the heck out of it. drive peacefuly, dont rev above 3k rpm, just let it flow slow and steady, keep complete original documents with you.

fun is always ahead of risk. take the risk.

do share the experience here once u r done with it.
    Still learning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not myself but a very good friend of mine changed one head light one fender and one door..dont remember exact rates but total cost of three items were 85k. Its a month back matter.
    Oops, Allah bachayay iss qism k expense se. sad to hear abt ur friend's loss, can u sometime give him a call to know the details, like for how much did he got the bumper, the light, the door, and what about painting experience, and from where.

thanks.
    Still learning.

mfr
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen ppl traveling from kchi to isb and vice versa on even Mehran, Alto and cultus ....your car is off course better in quality and reliabilty in comparison to all these three cars but the question is availability of spare parts through out the way.
    Good point, heart breaking though, is say acha tha nae mehran lay le hote :banghead:

mfr
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifzahidasif View Post
    Go ahead man, ayatulkursi parh k tel pani chk kr k, bzurgon ki duaon k sayay, lets test the heck out of it. drive peacefuly, dont rev above 3k rpm, just let it flow slow and steady, keep complete original documents with you.

fun is always ahead of risk. take the risk.

do share the experience here once u r done with it.
    Thanks sir, I will take the car to several mechanics first and take their opinion about my cars overall health. Because one of the pakwheeler has raised a good point about availability of parts. And secondly that brings another thought that we can get local cars mechanics almost any where, but when it comes jdm cars, only good cities have mechanics that can deal with jdm cars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

User Tag List