13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club

Hello all! This fan club is dedicated to the small Japanese car, Mitsubishi eK Wagon!
    Here you can share pictures of your ride, discuss problems, share information about the availability of its parts and anything else you can think of related to the car!

Cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not heating at all. I own an Otti, which is EK Wagon. I previously owned Mehran, which got heated up even running in summer and while stopping at signal I had to open windows and to splash water at radiator to cool down the car.

mfr
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People , please post something about fuel efficiency. My ek wagon was giving 12km/litre with AC in city. I got its engine plugs changed,transmission oil changed, got engine cleaned using engine cleaner,got engine oil and filter changed. And now it is giving me only 10km/litre. Its sucking on my pocket like hell. Please tell what to do get it fuel effecient.i am expecting 15km/litre

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfr View Post
    People , please post something about fuel efficiency. My ek wagon was giving 12km/litre with AC in city. I got its engine plugs changed,transmission oil changed, got engine cleaned using engine cleaner,got engine oil and filter changed. And now it is giving me only 10km/litre. Its sucking on my pocket like hell. Please tell what to do get it fuel effecient.i am expecting 15km/litre
    Bro you are lucky that you are getting 12.Believe me or not, it won't go beyond this. I have ek wagon and i am another victim.
    Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother!
    It's not advisable to have your engine cleaned. My car gives me 13-14 km with a/c in the city with frequent stop overs like 15-20 minutes with a/c on in the hot summer (almost in every trip which covers around 30-40 km). Have you ensured the spark plugs you got changed were of the same capacity and mechanic maintained and checked their gap prior to installing them. I don't know whether your car is automatic or manual. If automatic, never try to boost your speed at once, on the other hand let your car get speed gradually. Nothing is going to be happened if you acquire your desired speed a second or 2 late. When the gas pedal is pressed with sudden force the engine starts sucking fuel. Try to mix 20% HOBC with every third tank filling (6 litre high octane 24 litre super. It will cost you some extra money around 120-125 rupees for 90 litres or 9200 rupees). This will keep your fuel injectors cleaned. Finally what is the conditions of your tyres? If there are worn out, replace them and if they are of good condition check their pressure. Now the summer is over, you can have 30 lb fr and 32 lb rear. Follow my instruction for a specified period and calculate your milage.

mfr
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naeem.fraz View Post
    Brother!
    It's not advisable to have your engine cleaned. My car gives me 13-14 km with a/c in the city with frequent stop overs like 15-20 minutes with a/c on in the hot summer (almost in every trip which covers around 30-40 km). Have you ensured the spark plugs you got changed were of the same capacity and mechanic maintained and checked their gap prior to installing them. I don't know whether your car is automatic or manual. If automatic, never try to boost your speed at once, on the other hand let your car get speed gradually. Nothing is going to be happened if you acquire your desired speed a second or 2 late. When the gas pedal is pressed with sudden force the engine starts sucking fuel. Try to mix 20% HOBC with every third tank filling (6 litre high octane 24 litre super. It will cost you some extra money around 120-125 rupees for 90 litres or 9200 rupees). This will keep your fuel injectors cleaned. Finally what is the conditions of your tyres? If there are worn out, replace them and if they are of good condition check their pressure. Now the summer is over, you can have 30 lb fr and 32 lb rear. Follow my instruction for a specified period and calculate your milage.
    Thanks a lot naeem for your detailed reply. I will definitely ask my mechanic (who posses and boast like a scientist or doctor) to ensure spark plug capacity and their gap. If you know what standard /preferred capacity plugs should be used, do let us know.

My car is automatic. Actually I live in Karachi, and 90% of my traveling is to and from office, and the traffic I suffer from makes my average speed 20km/hour in these traumatic trips. So I rarely get chance to really boost the speed at once.
    Yes, But when I get change in rest of 10% I stretch my "JDM" to every limit when I am on highway, and it feels amazing to see how can only 660c machine touch 90, 100 and plus and still make no extra noise.

I will try this fuel mixture this time.

Currently my front two tyres are 175/70/13 , and rear two tyres are 155/70/12. Please suggest if this 175/70/13 good type to keep.

Thanks again and regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default EK Wagon

Original tyres specs are 165/55/13 however whatever size you use keep them alike. Your both fr & RR are mismatched. Tyres do take part in smooth and economy drive. Manage them and you will feel the difference.
    You truley said that almost every mechanic here consider himself far better genius than those who have designed and prepared these machines. Do you notice every time while fitting back the engine they leave some bolts untightened. If you are not present at the time of work, they do not hesitate to steal some of your valuabe parts.
    35IP1DOR15LGSL31VB4
    Above specs is for spark plugs by Brisk who claims 5% increase in economy. You may have subsitude equivalent.
    BKR5ERS-11P by NGK

Bro. I live in DHA, Lahore where I face signals at 700 metres for 120 seconds averagely and still I get 13-14 km. At motorway and on ring road I achieve the speed of more than130 km and economy goes upto 15.5 km/litre. Even though I am not satisfied and want to get more milage as some people claim 18 and above.
    I'm among the most happy persons with their JDM cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you maintain speed at 80 to 90, you may get more than 20 km/litre.
    Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Filters can be found at "Filter House", Main Boulevard, DHA, Lahore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Guys,

Something has gone severely wrong with my EK Wagon 2010, As it seems to have lost all power in its engine, and it feels like i m dragging my car rather than driving it and its disturbing and irritating.Let me post the list of events so that you can have a better clarity of my issue and advise accordingly.
    1. I got my Car engine washed after a long drive and then felt a heaviness on the car.
    2. Went to the mechanic and he told me that its the CAD convertor that is choked and needs to be cleaned, got that done but issue not resolved.
    3. Went to the Mitsubishi workshop in I-9 Islamabad and they said the CAD needs to be removed, I was like fine,, Remove it and get the power back, So they removed the CAD but the issue still persisited
    3. Went to another mechanic and he told me to change the Spark Plugs, and get the Iridium one plugged in, Got them plugged in but the issue is still there.
    I am very distressed as all the comfort of my Car has gone away as it feels like an effort driving the car, Furthermore, the Gear shift has become too obvious and the whole car takes a Jerk on every gear shift even though its automatic and is supposed to be seamless.

Please advise me what could be the issue or an Expert MEchanic in Islamabad as all the Mechanics i have seen cannot seem to figure out the issue and make me change one thing or the other without any rectification of the issue!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashroo View Post
    Dear Guys,

Something has gone severely wrong with my EK Wagon 2010, As it seems to have lost all power in its engine, and it feels like i m dragging my car rather than driving it and its disturbing and irritating.Let me post the list of events so that you can have a better clarity of my issue and advise accordingly.
    1. I got my Car engine washed after a long drive and then felt a heaviness on the car.
    2. Went to the mechanic and he told me that its the CAD convertor that is choked and needs to be cleaned, got that done but issue not resolved.
    3. Went to the Mitsubishi workshop in I-9 Islamabad and they said the CAD needs to be removed, I was like fine,, Remove it and get the power back, So they removed the CAD but the issue still persisited
    3. Went to another mechanic and he told me to change the Spark Plugs, and get the Iridium one plugged in, Got them plugged in but the issue is still there.
    I am very distressed as all the comfort of my Car has gone away as it feels like an effort driving the car, Furthermore, the Gear shift has become too obvious and the whole car takes a Jerk on every gear shift even though its automatic and is supposed to be seamless.

Please advise me what could be the issue or an Expert MEchanic in Islamabad as all the Mechanics i have seen cannot seem to figure out the issue and make me change one thing or the other without any rectification of the issue!
    "Brother! You have already made a mistake by getting your engine so-called cleanup. Remember engine never need to be cleaned. You haven't told that this problem began to occur after your long drive or after getting your engine cleaned-up. If this happened after your engine cleaned up, (in my opinion) its the fault of leakage of your gaskets as well as glossy chrome surface of some of your parts inside the engine. Do nothing except using some genuine engine oil. If your electrical spark system is accurate then nothing is happened. Tell me have you get your gear-box washed or you replaced gear-oil. Did you use the specific prescribed gear oil for your vehicle. Wrong oil can also cause gear shift problem and can ruin your gear box. Check for any gas leakage around the engine. If nothing then might be this is the fault of wrong oil. Although chemical caused harm to your engine parts inside yet this may be recovered using good engine oil. Do not waste money and never go to mechanic they consider themselves 2nd to Einstein. These kind of machines never need frequent tuning if you maintain oils and filter properly replaced. A good engine oil runs engine well around 3000 km. as well as gear oil around 60,000 km. If you still need to go for check-up go to any good workshop where a mechanical engineer must examine your engine fault.
    I got an Otti/EK Wagon rightly 1 year ago and I just then replaced engine oil, gear oil and filters nothing else now even after one year I do not feel need to get any kind of maintenance. Last winter I even visited hilly areas and on motor way got speed of 130/km. Allah ka shukar hai kisi mechanic ko nahee dikhai ab tak except replacing tyres last week."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devnmark View Post
    Change the transmission oil as well as gear oil. I hope it will resolve the issue.

there should be either the transmission oil or gear oil.... please clarify I think you want to say transmission oil and Engine Oil

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chusmankhalid View Post
    there should be either the transmission oil or gear oil.... please clarify I think you want to say transmission oil and Engine Oil
    Sorry Bro for the confusion, Yes! it should have been transmission Oil ...

Cheers Mate ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Please suggest air filter

Brothers, any suggestions for engine air filter... preferably high quality and washable.Attached pictures are of pre-installed in my EK, high quality build, washable... but pretty worn out now.These pictures are more than 6 months old, only for illustration.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitsubishi eK Wagon Fan Club! -1499505

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What an unresponsive community!!!

Even no single comment.....??? Don't any of you have changed filter yet???

Any experience guys!!!?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please correct one thing this vehicle might have been imported in 2010 but actually this one came into existence in 2007.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah this may be washable but it is not advisable to reuse it if u wanna keep your vehicle in good running
    condition. I have same one but filters are easily available in the market.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didn't understand whether u wanted to show our filter or u have a stock of such filters?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually, I've already mentioned that my pre-installed filter is worn-out hence need a replacement.

I wanted to get a new one similar, washable. Locally available alternatives are mostly low quality, cheep, paper-based filters... not washable.

Still, I'm grateful for your reply!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, I am planning to buy EK Wagon as I want to change my car (automatic cuore). Can I get it in 650k in Karachi market ?
    And how is this car? What is the maintenance cost? And is it economical or not?
    Please suggest !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

User Tag List