Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GoodMan7
  • 1 Post By GoodMan7

Thread: Best Engine Oil for Mitsubishi EK-Wagon (660cc, Automatic)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Best Engine Oil for Mitsubishi EK-Wagon (660cc, Automatic)

I know the guys there are too many geniuses out there. Please help me to find best engine oil for Mitsubishi EK-Wagon (660cc, Automatic). I have to change engine oil in next few days. Previously somebody told me that ZIC A+ is good, I used that previously, drove almost 4000km as they told me it will go 5000 km but my engine is making some noises now. I love my car too much so I want to take good care of it. Money isn't the problem for the engine oil but it should be excellent for my car's health.

Thank you in advance.
    Junaid
    Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Havoline formula 10W-30
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devnmark View Post
    I know the guys there are too many geniuses out there. Please help me to find best engine oil for Mitsubishi EK-Wagon (660cc, Automatic). I have to change engine oil in next few days. Previously somebody told me that ZIC A+ is good, I used that previously, drove almost 4000km as they told me it will go 5000 km but my engine is making some noises now. I love my car too much so I want to take good care of it. Money isn't the problem for the engine oil but it should be excellent for my car's health.

Thank you in advance.
    Junaid
    Brother,
    Is it 2008 model or older? Because details shows their last models was released in 2008.
    Anyway, would you mind sharing its model (year of manufacturing), covered mileage, when you bought, etc.
    As you said you tried Zic A+ but engine makes noise, the situation reflects that car has driven over 80 or 90K for sure.
    Did you also changed the gear oil? If yes, plz write.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Brother,
    Is it 2008 model or older? Because details shows their last models was released in 2008.
    Anyway, would you mind sharing its model (year of manufacturing), covered mileage, when you bought, etc.
    As you said you tried Zic A+ but engine makes noise, the situation reflects that car has driven over 80 or 90K for sure.
    Did you also changed the gear oil? If yes, plz write.
    Thank you Goodman, it is 2007 model 25700 km (the Meter said at the time of purchase ).
    I changed the gear oil last time when I changed the engine oil. Gear Oil was of KIXX as the mechanic suggested.
    I am not that much literate about cars. I bought this car in December last year and I only drove it 10000 km or so. The engine shouldn't make any noises. It wasn't but since last week or so, when I start engine, I feel, I started a jeep or a very huge car. It is only 660cc it should behave like that .

Please advise?

Thank you
    Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir I don't know specifically for Ek wagon but for my Japanese Alto 660cc (K6a) I used Zic A 10w-40. It performed good and my car was running smooth. But on my last oil change I changed my oil to Castrol Magnetic 10w-40 and the car has became more smoother and now its running better then before. Thats my experience with my Alto. I hope you could get some help by this info.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Goodman, it is 2007 model 25700 km (the Meter said at the time of purchase ).
    I changed the gear oil last time when I changed the engine oil. Gear Oil was of KIXX as the mechanic suggested.
    I am not that much literate about cars. I bought this car in December last year and I only drove it 10000 km or so. The engine shouldn't make any noises. It wasn't but since last week or so, when I start engine, I feel, I started a jeep or a very huge car. It is only 660cc it should behave like that .

Please advise?

Thank you
    brother,
    your car has been driven over 100k for sure.
    Now solution is very simple.

Firstly, plz dont get so much worry about that voice coming from the engine. Because your engine is old and zic a+ is very thin oil for it. If you want to change this oil now, then its ok. Or if you want to wait and to drive 1k more before next oil change, even then its ok. It will not be dangerous.
    But just for mind's satisfaction, better have it change asap.

your car model is 2007, so do not use any oil whose viscosity indication is starting with 0, 5 or even 10.

You must only and only choose the oil 20w-50.

do not use zic hiflow or havoline or shell or total or toyota, etc.
    As per my experience, presently best available oils in 20/50 are

PTT Performa.
    Red color oil. Very dense. Very cool and very much dominant among all other companies.
    Find it and it will cool your engine like ice and will shoot dead all unnecessary voices coming from your engine.

2nd best option is SIM3 (20/50)
    Its malaysian oil and is good for the weaker engines.

After using 20/50, if you satisfied with the functionality of your engine, then next time you will have two options.

either keep using Ptt performa or SIM3 continuously. Or use Liqui Moly's 20/50. LM's oils are bit expensive, but very durable n reliable.

Gear oil of kixx is ok.
    But can you post the picture of the bottle that you used? Because your car is automatic but its functions are not CVT.
    Hence CVT gear oils are not recommended for your car either.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother,
    your car has been driven over 100k for sure.
    Now solution is very simple.

Firstly, plz dont get so much worry about that voice coming from the engine. Because your engine is old and zic a+ is very thin oil for it. If you want to change this oil now, then its ok. Or if you want to wait and to drive 1k more before next oil change, even then its ok. It will not be dangerous.
    But just for mind's satisfaction, better have it change asap.

your car model is 2007, so do not use any oil whose viscosity indication is starting with 0, 5 or even 10.

You must only and only choose the oil 20w-50.

do not use zic hiflow or havoline or shell or total or toyota, etc.
    As per my experience, presently best available oils in 20/50 are

PTT Performa.
    Red color oil. Very dense. Very cool and very much dominant among all other companies.
    Find it and it will cool your engine like ice and will shoot dead all unnecessary voices coming from your engine.

2nd best option is SIM3 (20/50)
    Its malaysian oil and is good for the weaker engines.

After using 20/50, if you satisfied with the functionality of your engine, then next time you will have two options.

either keep using Ptt performa or SIM3 continuously. Or use Liqui Moly's 20/50. LM's oils are bit expensive, but very durable n reliable.

Gear oil of kixx is ok.
    But can you post the picture of the bottle that you used? Because your car is automatic but its functions are not CVT.
    Hence CVT gear oils are not recommended for your car either.
    Thank you Goodman. I don't have dabba of gear oil so I can't post the picture of gear oil. I talked with Filter house and one ZIC's authorized dealer in Karim market Iqbal town. Both gave different opinions.

Filter House said, don't use any other oil except KIXX, it is Korean, very good bla bla bla ...

ZIC's dealer said choose ZIC A+ with mixer of some other oil they will provide. I don't think mixing other oil is a good idea as I don't know the quality of that oil.

I know both are HARAMIIIS (Excuse for bad language) and both are trying to make profit out of my purchase. I don't trust either of these. My two other friends recommended Castrol Magnetic 20W-50. Will that be good and reduce the noise from the engine and will take good care of my engine?

Please suggest something reliable.

Regards,
    Junaid

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can you post the TDS for these oils you are mentioning.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stick With Caltex Lubricants And You Will Atleast Don't Get Fouled...!

Havoline 10-30/10-40 From Their Big Caltex Station Or Authorized Dealer...!

On Oil..Never Compromise As I Have Seen Bearings Wearing Out With These Oil Things Playing Around.....!

2nd Thing..Always Used OEM Filters.....Don't Go For Local Mades......They Can ChOKE And Can Make Things Quiet Worse....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Goodman. I don't have dabba of gear oil so I can't post the picture of gear oil. I talked with Filter house and one ZIC's authorized dealer in Karim market Iqbal town. Both gave different opinions.

Filter House said, don't use any other oil except KIXX, it is Korean, very good bla bla bla ...

ZIC's dealer said choose ZIC A+ with mixer of some other oil they will provide. I don't think mixing other oil is a good idea as I don't know the quality of that oil.

I know both are HARAMIIIS (Excuse for bad language) and both are trying to make profit out of my purchase. I don't trust either of these. My two other friends recommended Castrol Magnetic 20W-50. Will that be good and reduce the noise from the engine and will take good care of my engine?

Please suggest something reliable.

Regards,
    Junaid
    filter house is promoting kixx because they are making big money from it.
    They are buying oil from market at rs. 2700~2800/4l bottle. But selling at ~3500/4l
    caltex has got the distribution of kixx and they (caltex) is infact promoting this oil.

Its all about dirty n ugly money brother, nobody will ever care for your car except you.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using PW Forums mobile app
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

filter house is promoting kixx because they are making big money from it.
    They are buying oil from market at rs. 2700~2800/4l bottle. But selling at ~3500/4l
    caltex has got the distribution of kixx and they (caltex) is infact promoting this oil.

Its all about dirty n ugly money brother, nobody will ever care for your car except you.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using PW Forums mobile app
    Yes they suggested kixx for my car too. I'm sure they're making a huge profit like everyone else ot there.
    And kixx works fine for my 600cc 2007 move. No problems /noises/other issues whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Yes they suggested kixx for my car too. I'm sure they're making a huge profit like everyone else ot there.
    And kixx works fine for my 600cc 2007 move. No problems /noises/other issues whatsoever.
    Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app
    KIXX's 4L tin pack oil is OK. But must scan the barcode to know oil's origin.
    But now Caltex has delivered this oil on many many oil shops and all selling at different prices.
    Filter house is selling it at ~Rs. 3500/4L. Whereas my brother selling it 3100~3200 or if some customer insist a lot then at Rs. 3000/4L. lol.
    To save money, it would be better to buy this oil from outside.

And you will see that after just couple of months when people get used with this oil and will find it as good, then Caltex will start producing this oil here in Pak with their tag on backside of Tins.
    Because its all about getting richy richer richest. lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i just got my car oil change today i used zic a but the question is it original or fake? I always change from zic authorised service centre, the manager said that we import the oil directly from Seoul Korea, and in local market people are using the same packing and putting khula oil in it and selling it as zic. Original Zic A 3L costs 1802Rs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gujar96 View Post
    i just got my car oil change today i used zic a but the question is it original or fake? I always change from zic authorised service centre, the manager said that we import the oil directly from Seoul Korea, and in local market people are using the same packing and putting khula oil in it and selling it as zic. Original Zic A 3L costs 1802Rs.
    ZIC oil doesn't come in the packing of 3L & 4L from Korea and neither its profitable for importer to import 3L or 4L bottles.
    ZIC always comes in big drums and being re-packed here in Pak. and converted into 3L or 4L packing. Bottles are being manufactured in Pak. and tags are being printed here too.
    If that guy has told you that they are importing 3L or 4L bottles by themselves directly from Korea, then ask him to show the shipping documents, Builty, custom paid invoices, paid taxes & duties, etc.

Read its barcode with your iphone on the backside of the oil's bottle. You can know the oil's origin by yourself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother
    Hope you are doing good.
    I have got Nissan OTTI 660cc its my first car when i got it it was about 3000 km and I have driven it more than 10,000 km in city can you guide me after how much mileage should the brake oil / Steering Oil / Coolant need to be replaced also recommend brand? as per now they are on max. level .
    Also when should I change its spark Plugs? Another question: last time i changed the oil from Total Quartz 3000 to 20W30 Havoline because total lubricants arent good . But after filling the engine with caltex 20w30 i felt that car is taking more force on pedal than before.
    Please guide.
    Thankyou

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mobil super 1000 10w40 ...
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List