Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mitsubishi Ek wagon Insane Fuel Consumption

Hi Brothers.

I have problem here might you guys find me a solution .

i bought a Mitsubishi EK Wgaon variant , EK Sports , its the turbocharged version of Ek wagon .

i already have a Reborn , the purpose of this car was mainly city driving , on Lahore roads .

i never count or calculate the average of my cars , and just fill up the fuel tank whenever its near empty and usually dont use trip meters . i was driving this car around 3-4 months , but it was noticed the the fuel consumption is high on this 660cc vs my 1800cc reborn .

So , last week i was going to Islamabad and though lets give this car a try . so the problem is , it uses 4500 Rs. petrol on One side , my 1800 cc reborn never goes above 3500 rs. that's the first time i calculated it.

the speed was 105 , the eco lite on meter was on mean i was on eco mode . i changed the air filter in Islamabad that maybe this was causing but still not , no difference on return , the petrol was exact 4500 rs.

i know that these cars don't really meant to be run as advised on 20 kmpl but at least it could have bee 15 or even 14 kpl on long run ,
    but it is giving 9 kmpl ,

Please instead of blaming me for buy this car or blaming the people who made it or start fighting with others , I would like you guys to advise me , cause I know the makers didn't design this car to do 9 kmpl .

thanks

Update :

Mitsubishi Ek Sports
    Model : 2011
    Mileage (According to meter , don't know if its true) : 16000
    Oil Was Changed 1 Week Earlier by me.
    I always use Castrol Magnatec on My Reborn and on this car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you want to get the best out of a car, buy a 660cc Non-Turbo, Manual transmission, it beats the 200cc rickshaw in economy, 20 km/l within city, can it get any better ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you have to check the basics if not done already

Catalytic Converter
    Valve Clearance
    Fuel Filter
    Engine Oil grade
    Gear Oil
    Turbo producing how many psi
    Any vaccum leak in intake

Is it consuming oil or not? Despite all teh negatives about Kei cars, 9 km/liter at 105 km/hr on long route is not acceptabe for any brand and EK is not the worst of the lot.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Turbo is the issue for high consumption. I had Suzuki Keiworks turbo its consumption was very high even on light foot but if you have the O/D button on your gear keep it ON it helped me 10-20% reducing consumption.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kawafan View Post
    Hi Brothers.

I have problem here might you guys find me a solution .

i bought a Mitsubishi EK Wgaon variant , EK Sports , its the turbocharged version of Ek wagon .

i already have a Reborn , the purpose of this car was mainly city driving , on Lahore roads .

i never count or calculate the average of my cars , and just fill up the fuel tank whenever its near empty and usually dont use trip meters . i was driving this car around 3-4 months , but it was noticed the the fuel consumption is high on this 660cc vs my 1800cc reborn .

So , last week i was going to Islamabad and though lets give this car a try . so the problem is , it uses 4500 Rs. petrol on One side , my 1800 cc reborn never goes above 3500 rs. that's the first time i calculated it.

the speed was 105 , the eco lite on meter was on mean i was on eco mode . i changed the air filter in Islamabad that maybe this was causing but still not , no difference on return , the petrol was exact 4500 rs.

i know that these cars don't really meant to be run as advised on 20 kmpl but at least it could have bee 15 or even 14 kpl on long run ,
    but it is giving 9 kmpl ,

Please instead of blaming me for buy this car or blaming the people who made it or start fighting with others , I would like you guys to advise me , cause I know the makers didn't design this car to do 9 kmpl .

thanks

Update :

Mitsubishi Ek Sports
    Model : 2011
    Mileage (According to meter , don't know if its true) : 16000
    Oil Was Changed 1 Week Earlier by me.
    I always use Castrol Magnatec on My Reborn and on this car
    Hello Brother, I own Mitsubishi EK-Wagon myself and I have only this car to drive so I've tested it in all conditions taking care of all parameters. I've been driving this car since December 2012 so I know every bit of it.

First of all please clear your mind that these JDMs will not give you fuel efficiency whatever the dealers say and whatever your perceptions are. I was also infected by the same arguments from the dealer that this JDMs (EK-Wagon) will give you round about 16-17 km/liter in city without AC and I believed him and bought but I only came to know once I drove this. Maine her tarah ki jugaaaar laraa liye hain but it is not giving me more than 14 km/liter in city without AC and 20 km/liter on motorway (without AC, 90 to 100 km/hour speed).

On Queens Road opposite to Jinnah Degree College there is FAW showroom, they are official Mitsubishi dealers as well as mechanics. I also consulted with them. Everybody is thief here and everybody will tell you their own stories and try to take hell much amount of money from your pocket. When I visited there, the mechanic told me to get its throttle body serviced (2500 Rs.), buy genuine air filter (2500 Rs.), buy genuine plugs (2250 Rs. 750 Rs. each), 1000 service charges. Once you will do this, only then we will be able to diagnose via computer where the problem is and why your car is consuming so much fuel? I literally abused the mechanic for all this ******** and I left his workshop immediately. O bhai agar 10000 Rs maine diagnostics se pahle hi lagaane hain to faida ...

Anyways, brother, my sincere advice to you is, get your car's throttle body serviced, air filter, oil filter, ac filter, plugs and catalyst convertor checked from a good mechanic. Please visit filter house Montgomery Road and ask them to give you air filter, oil filter. I use Liqui Molly, you can have your own. I go to Magic Moters in Model Town. You can go to your own but he should be intelligent enough to guide you.

After all these discussions, I am not trying to disappoint you but if possible please sell it and buy any good PKDM (Swift is little better than rest). I am also planning to sell my EK and buy Suzuki Swift. Rest is your decision.

Best Regards,
    Junaid
    Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry guys i was Out of country so was not able to reply ,

you guys are right , i am not getting more average then 10-9 km/l and theoretically i have no issue with it , not because i have spare money to buy fuel because i use it for my work and The traffic on Lahore's roads. just a bit difficult to drive a full size vehicle on rush hours.

i am much satisfied the the drive experience the engine pick is so good the ac works very well , the average is least of my problem.

i was Just wondering what's the point of this car , are the makers don't feel it when a 660cc car and a 1800 cc car both use same fuel average , then why they make 660cc , what the point of it.

Anyway i have a meeting with the Mitsubishi Momentum Motor (Faw motors Waris Road) for general Tune-up and Work you guys suggested , i will let you know what they say about it.

Thank you for Your time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you guys are right , i am not getting more average then 10-9 km/l and theoretically i have no issue with it , not because i have spare money to buy fuel because i use it for my work and The traffic on Lahore's roads. just a bit difficult to drive a full size vehicle on rush hours.

i am much satisfied the the drive experience the engine pick is so good the ac works very well , the average is least of my problem.

i was Just wondering what's the point of this car , are the makers don't feel it when a 660cc car and a 1800 cc car both use same fuel average , then why they make 660cc , what the point of it.

Anyway i have a meeting with the Mitsubishi Momentum Motor (Faw motors Waris Road) for general Tune-up and Work you guys suggested , i will let you know what they say about it.

Thank you for Your time.
    Please do let me know what's FAW motors told you about consumption and other stuff. I am runner from there so second opinion from you will help me alot. Please do let me know what are the prices they quote dor genuine parts like air filter, plugs, throttle body service etc etc...

Regards,
    Junaid

Sent from my GT-I9082 using PW Forums mobile app
    Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for Your time.

the 660cc was not targeted for "super economy" its for a certain taxation bracket.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting comments im reading here, even more interesting to me is the fact that most people here believe 660 cc turbo intercooler is not that fuel efficient, well I for one am myself an owner of this variant and bro, i can verify that within Lahore city im getting 16kmpl with ac and was getting 17kmpl in winters/spring ... my car is also 2011 and ive driven it almost 15k in 6 months .. please do a bit of homework and take your car to someone good and get it checked out ,, for me you should be getting 13-14kmpl atleast ..
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
    Interesting comments im reading here, even more interesting to me is the fact that most people here believe 660 cc turbo intercooler is not that fuel efficient, well I for one am myself an owner of this variant and bro, i can verify that within Lahore city im getting 16kmpl with ac and was getting 17kmpl in winters/spring ... my car is also 2011 and ive driven it almost 15k in 6 months .. please do a bit of homework and take your car to someone good and get it checked out ,, for me you should be getting 13-14kmpl atleast ..
    so you drive at 30 km/h?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    so you drive at 30 km/h?
    I shall assume to take your question seriously rather than a taunt coz I think you re way sensible for that kind of thing .... no I don't drive at 30 km/h ,, my normal driving speed within city is 60-90 km/h and yes this mileage quote is consistent after driving almost 15000 kms not in a single tank or two ... and before this car I had Suzuki cervo SR turbo(another kei car ) and that also used to give me around 16kmpl .. I guess it all comes down to driving habits and condition of the engine in the end and people have the wrong perception about the fuel efficiency of these variants ...
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitsubishi Ek wagon Insane Fuel Consumption -1412516you maintain these cars on a straight road at this speed, this is what they can give you ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These small cars are meant to roam in the narrow streets of Tokyo (I have seen myself). Some old police ladies or municipal workers usually with a white long stick move in these cars at "snail pace" and check if the cars are parked within the lines. Vendors in streets also these cars to bring supplies to their shops.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitsubishi Ek wagon Insane Fuel Consumption -1412516you maintain these cars on a straight road at this speed, this is what they can give you ...
    Is your car eco idle???
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope .. No Idling Stop ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Is your car eco idle???
    At the same speed my friends drove my mira es from lahore to islamabad via gT road and the avg they got was 41 km/l Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1399724318631.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  93.9 KB

"Being critical doesn't mean you care.Being helpful does"
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try filling it up with hioctane about 75% and rest normal fuel for the first time n after that reduce it to 20-30% for every tank of fuel.

i have a 660 it gives 16-17 in summers n 17-18 in rest of the year.

i gave this advice to a couple of friends and family and everyone confirmed that their consumption increases substantially.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post
    try filling it up with hioctane about 75% and rest normal fuel for the first time n after that reduce it to 20-30% for every tank of fuel.

i have a 660 it gives 16-17 in summers n 17-18 in rest of the year.

i gave this advice to a couple of friends and family and everyone confirmed that their consumption increases substantially.
    Sir the consumption decreases but it costs more or same bcuz hi octane is 135 rs /l and normal fuel is 108.70/l!
    We dont want consumption to decrease but also the cost!
    Btw thanks for your suggestion , I Apprentice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Sir the consumption increases but it costs more or same bcuz hi octane is 135 rs /l and normal fuel is 108.70/l!
    We dont want consumption to decrease but also the cost!
    Btw thanks for your suggestion , I Apprentice

If u add 10 liters in a 30 liter tank that is 33% hioctane n 67% regular.

price difference of hioctane n regular is Rs.20.

total cost difference: 10liters x Rs.20 = Rs.200

but ur car will run smoother without knocking n it will give a better mileage.

my cousin's 2005 was giving 300kms in a tank now its giving 450-475kms.

it is to save ur car n keep it running for a longer period in the longrun n between every refill.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post
    If u add 10 liters in a 30 liter tank that is 33% hioctane n 67% regular.

price difference of hioctane n regular is Rs.20.

total cost difference: 10liters x Rs.20 = Rs.200

but ur car will run smoother without knocking n it will give a better mileage.

my cousin's 2005 was giving 300kms in a tank now its giving 450-475kms.

it is to save ur car n keep it running for a longer period in the longrun n between every refill.
    Price difference is of 25 rs in Islamabad and my Pino gives a max 400 km in a tank with fuel avg of 15.5 max w/o ac!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope .. No Idling Stop ..
    Then thats an amazing mileage u r getting...
    Laws r Made to be Broken

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List