15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Very High Load on Engine

Hi all, I've Mitsubishi EK-WAGON 2007 Model 40K driven. Oil Filter, Air Filter and Engine oil changed last week.

My problem is my car is taking way too much load as per computer diagnostics. The fuel consumption becomes double (reduced to literally 6 to 7 km/liter with AC) and it is running way too heavy on AC. Without AC it is fine though. What should I do?

I took my car to AC wala (Punjab Car AC, Mian Car AC, Cool Sun, Bashir Car AC). Everybody told different stories. They are saying that the compressor is finished, get new Denso compressor with new condenser blah blah blah ... it will cost me 20000 Rs. However the cooling of the AC is fine so I think compressor is working fine.

I took my car to mechanic (Magic Motor, Super Market Chowburji, Mitsubishi showroom - Queens Road). Even there everybody told me different stories. First of all 90% mechanics are saying, this is AC problem. They are saying get your entire car serviced, throttle, plugs, injectors, filters etc blah blah blah ... it will cost me 10000 Rs. but still these isn't guarantee.

PROBLEM IS NOBODY IS GIVING ME GUARANTEE THAT AFTER DOING AC WORK OR MECHANICAL WORK, MY FUEL ECONOMY PROBLEM WILL BE RESOLVED.

Is there anybody on this forum to guide me, where is the problem and what should I do? whom should I consult?

Best Regards,
    Junaid

Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devnmark View Post
    Hi all, I've Mitsubishi EK-WAGON 2007 Model 40K driven. Oil Filter, Air Filter and Engine oil changed last week.

My problem is my car is taking way too much load as per computer diagnostics. The fuel consumption becomes double (reduced to literally 6 to 7 km/liter with AC) and it is running way too heavy on AC. Without AC it is fine though. What should I do?

I took my car to AC wala (Punjab Car AC, Mian Car AC, Cool Sun, Bashir Car AC). Everybody told different stories. They are saying that the compressor is finished, get new Denso compressor with new condenser blah blah blah ... it will cost me 20000 Rs. However the cooling of the AC is fine so I think compressor is working fine.

I took my car to mechanic (Magic Motor, Super Market Chowburji, Mitsubishi showroom - Queens Road). Even there everybody told me different stories. First of all 90% mechanics are saying, this is AC problem. They are saying get your entire car serviced, throttle, plugs, injectors, filters etc blah blah blah ... it will cost me 10000 Rs. but still these isn't guarantee.

PROBLEM IS NOBODY IS GIVING ME GUARANTEE THAT AFTER DOING AC WORK OR MECHANICAL WORK, MY FUEL ECONOMY PROBLEM WILL BE RESOLVED.

Is there anybody on this forum to guide me, where is the problem and what should I do? whom should I consult?

Best Regards,
    Junaid
    lolz is tarah kon gaurente day ga bhai. kisi 3s pay chalay jao un say bhi mashwara kar lo
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone could give me solid lead rather making fun please ....
    Some People Say "Can't Do" Some People Say "Can Do" I Only Say "Consider It Done"...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you recently get AC refrigerant recharged?
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Did you recently get AC refrigerant recharged?
    Yes Bhai, as the condenser was hit so I had to veld it from three areas. New Gas also because original gas was leaked because of the hit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

maybe it sound silly of me, but one of my friend who is car AC repair wala, told me that there are different varieties of gas also. Your car should have the R134 gas. if the AC wala you used filled in the cheaper chinese version it can be a possible root cause. I am not sure but have heard that some AC wala also use the other R12 gas also to fillup, which is the older versions. I am not the authority on it, just shared my limited views, all the best

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RizwanFAO View Post
    maybe it sound silly of me, but one of my friend who is car AC repair wala, told me that there are different varieties of gas also. Your car should have the R134 gas. if the AC wala you used filled in the cheaper chinese version it can be a possible root cause. I am not sure but have heard that some AC wala also use the other R12 gas also to fillup, which is the older versions. I am not the authority on it, just shared my limited views, all the best
    How to check at time of gas fillup that the gas is R134 aka genuine aka not cheaper Chinese?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devnmark View Post
    How to check at time of gas fillup that the gas is R134 aka genuine aka not cheaper Chinese?
    Boss no solution of that, its the trust between the customer and seller, there is no possibility of taking out gas or checking it. I recommend that you bear a plenty of 4 - 5K and get your gas charged (half service of AC) again with all checking of lines, filter, condenser and inner blower... I strongly hope it will work if your compressor is not a problem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

remove the aircon drive belt & drive for a day, without aircon. if there is difference of handling & fuel efficiency check from denso PK website for number of their workshop in your town & get work done. Only authorised shop can do work with guarantee.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Very High Load on Engine

A common case of refrigerant over charge or a choke condenser.

Get ur car's service manual and check the correct amount of refrigerant that should be charged while continuously monitoring temperature at the AC vents.

You can check the difference by discharging a small amount of refrigerant from te system as sort of a trial. Not too much, a small amount. If the situ improves even slightly, go to an experienced mechanic.

Else I doubt the condenser might be seriously choked due to welding or any other cause. Check the dryer bottle as well.

On the other hand...: NEVER buy japanese defecate.

Buy a corolla GLi; 5000 for OEM condenser, 3000 for the repair guy. A happy guy with a chilled cabin in just 8000 Rs, that too, 200k kms and 4 dead dogs later..! LOL.

I'll pray for your problem to go away soon sir!

Sent from my iPhone
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

multiflow condensers cannot be welded as they will choke up due to the internal channels melting.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    multiflow condensers cannot be welded as they will choke up due to the internal channels melting.
    Then what do you recommend?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll recommend you to go to the 3s dealer to check the ac problem... they donot charge much even for the ac gas fill up there rates and local ac wala rates are almost similar.... urs is mitsubishii i havent seen much of their workshops if toyota is willing to give it a look or suzukii than let them see...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List