Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are there any drawbacks for Auto to Manual Transmission Swap for Pajero Mni?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Are there any drawbacks for Auto to Manual Transmission Swap for Pajero Mni?

I have a pajero mini with Automatic Transmission. I want to convert the auto transmission to manual as i have to travel to hilly areas of Azad Kashmir. Another reason is that there are no auto mechanics available in that area. But I don't want to be trapped in trouble if there is something wrong with manual transmission swap.
    Kindly guide me that is it okay to convert auto to manual? Are there any drawbacks and bad effects of conversion?

Regards
    Saleem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have explored it for my lancer, apparently immobilizer issues, ecu issues, hydraulics are issues. I would suggest not to go ahead with it unless someone has done it and you know their experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salim111 View Post
    I have a pajero mini with Automatic Transmission. I want to convert the auto transmission to manual as i have to travel to hilly areas of Azad Kashmir. Another reason is that there are no auto mechanics available in that area. But I don't want to be trapped in trouble if there is something wrong with manual transmission swap.
    Kindly guide me that is it okay to convert auto to manual? Are there any drawbacks and bad effects of conversion?

Regards
    Saleem
    u have to change tranny central console ecu of manual tranny and even drive shafts brake pedal instrument panel and uncut wiring for a good swap.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List