Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LANCER 86 heats up when A/C is ON!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default LANCER 86 heats up when A/C is ON!

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer 1300 EL Saloon, since from the beginning. It's been very highly maintained but recently I have been turning the Airconditioner and car is getting very heavy, the sound increases too and the load on the engine increases deliberately.

I have contacted many mechanics, some say your compressor has to be changed, some say your condensor has to be changed, and some say your compressor and condensor, plus the mounting, coils should be changed which is a very heavy expenditure.

In brief you can say the more the mechanics the more they predict new things. Is there anyone who knows about This problem. "When I turn the A/C of the car the car begins to overheat and is taking a lot of load, it seems like something is stopping it." Please reply me as soon as possible, whoever is aware of this problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Given the symptoms, its your compressor bearing. Its not runing smoothly when the magnetic clutch engages it and is grinding against the compressor shaft when engaged. Thats why there's excessive load when you turn it on and not only the car's heating up but so is your compressor assembly.

Its not all that expensive, a quick visit to a good airconditioning shop should see you fix the porblem. They usually install a new bearing and thats that. Its got noting to do with your heat exchanger (Condensor). Don't let em rip you off. Do have it flushed and the fins realigned before refitting and regas.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GLI is very right about the bearing, if the cooling is OKAY then there is no point changing the rest of the stuff, cleaning the condensor would be a smart thing to do plus change the filter thats it !

JJ
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitsubishi... what FLi_GTi and phantom are saying is right, my car had the same problem, now fixed..
    Dont Mess with me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    Fli saying was rite...so to some good service shop and ask them to check out the bearing...they just remove belt and rotate pulley with hand...if moving jamm so its bearing...mostly 80% of us suffered with that...so just check that out...and condensor if 100% can be replaced...fins if bented can do work but affect cocoling...so condensor was not a great problem..just contact a good A/C service shop
    Thanxx

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List