0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile 40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission

Im going to be riding my motorcycle solo from Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco to Lahore, Pakistan.

Its as unplanned as it could ever be. Im hoping to last 4-5 months on the road. Not sure of the mileage ill going to be doing, probably around 25,000 miles (40,000 km). I have no idea where i will be staying for the nights, have some camping gear but no idea where the camp grounds are. Doing it on the most uncomfortable motorcycle i could find on this planet. A Sport Bike and not a BMW GS1200 haha.

Its an adventure. Adventures succeed and fail.

i will be up dating on PakWheels and u can follow me on on website.
    Departure 10th july 2011

Email
    ADifferentAgenda@gmail.com
    Website
    ADifferentAgenda
    Facebook
    Moin Khan | Facebook

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

interview by moin khan

Live interview on FM 101 at 12:45am Pakistan time.. Tune in there's a surprise for you guys. Go to www.radio.gov.pk, scroll down on the left you'll see FM 101 tag under Web Streaming. click it and listen to it live.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Listen it
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy

I dont know why!! but I dont see any updates, pictures, any story of his on going experience , in his blogs and his website ... most followers even dont know that, is he still on roads ? is the trip advancing.. where is he ? no clue! no pictures.. specially on his website and BLog .. only in this Pakwheels we see some of his postings comming. I hope hes is alright!!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I dont know why!! but I dont see any updates, pictures, any story of his on going experience , in his blogs and his website ... most followers even dont know that, is he still on roads ? is the trip advancing.. where is he ? no clue! no pictures.. specially on his website and BLog .. only in this Pakwheels we see some of his postings comming. I hope hes is alright!!

Im off to get the bike and only 14 countries away from home.

by Moin Khan on Monday, September 12, 2011 at 28am

I leave for Germany to get the bike on the 13th and will finally start the second leg of ADifferentAgenda. The first US/CAN leg was a breeze. I was still at home, familiar with the rules and regulations, everyone spoke English, and it was just simple and straight forward. The second "European" leg will be a lot more fun and a bit more challenging since there will be a massive language barrier and I'll have no clue about the different laws that each country possess. I'll actually even be riding away from home for the first time. I'm excited, not nervous whatsoever… Alright im lying. There are definitely weird/different thoughts jumping in my head, what-ifs and anticipations of the unexpected, but my excitement surpasses all fears . IM READY!!!

Hopefully you guys will get a lot more pictures/videos from now on, stay tuned to travel around Europe on a motorcycle with me. Yes i can fit 4000 people, actually i can fit 10,000 on my bike so start sharing the stuff i post haha...

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Fm101 First interview in URDU by Moin Khan

All you guys who missed my first Urdu interview, here you go!!
    Thanks to Mohyuddin khan(EzMotophoto) for arranging and Waseem from FM101 to taking the time out for ADifferentAgenda. I also want to thank my best friend Mujju 'Gangsta' Khan for ripping this interview off of radio.gov.pk for you ADAers.. here you goo, enjoy!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^you replied very appropriately to every question except that the interviewer was a pompous @sshole.
    "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility. The fact that it is comprehensible is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A Different Agenda in London.by Zain Sheikh

So I'm at home on a Monday night; having some beer and doing the usual stuff (listening to trance). Moin Khan
    suddenly messages me and tells me that he's in London; his flight to Germany is in 8 hours and he asks me if there is a local mosque in central London where he can spend that time and get some rest.

Moin Khan, the name suddenly hits me and I recall that this is the same guy who left San Francisco on the 10th July 2011, with a mission to travel from San Francisco, USA to Lahore, Pakistan on a motorbike, as a way to make some good news about Pakistan, amid the suicide bombs, target killing, and in some cases droning by the US.

Yes, America to Pakistan, you read it correctly. Roughly 25,000 miles, on a motorbike, camping where possible, no guaranteed places to stay; Moin Khan was doing what few people think to do and fewer have the balls to do.

I suddenly became excited. I knew of the guy and what he was doing and why. I instantly wanted to help the guy and show my support to him and his cause.

Meanwhile, my friend Ahmed called up and told me he's coming over to see me. I asked him to pick Moin up on the
    way, as Ahmed was to take that route to come anyway. Ahmed knew about Moin and his task and did not hesitate;
    he was thrilled to be doing so.

The next 30 minutes were exciting. I called up my friend Yawar, and told him about what was going on asked him
    to come over.

After half an hour, Moin Khan was at my place, sitting in my lounge, having pizza and drinking Coke. Me and my
    brother Raza were thrilled.

What followed was a good, long, 5 hour conversation between us and Moin, who was a gem of a person and felt as
    comfortable as we did while talking to him.

He told us about various incidents about his journey up to now, and the challenges he faces ahead. He admitted
    that Germany onwards to Pakistan, would be harder than it has been yet. But he was up for it.

He told us about how he managed to ride a Honda CBR 600 from California to New York, and what he had to face
    during that epic journey. He mentioned people and groups who had supported him, not only financially but in
    every little way possible. He talked about the highs, when he was racing a hot chick in car, and the lows, when
    he had to open up the bike's engine and repair it himself in the middle of nowhere.

While all this was happening, one thing kept striking me. Since a long time, I had not met anyone inspirational. In fact, I can't even remember the last person who inspired me.

For some people it's politicians, e.g. Imran Khan. For others it's 50 Cent; the London rioters. Some people get inspired by Edhi while others by Abid Boxer.

For me personally, I never had that figure of inspiration. The DJs and producers I idolise, are good enough to make me do a good job on the decks, but not good enough to make me achieve something substantial in life.

Moin's down to earthness, his passion for bikes, his calmness and wildness to be ready for anything, really inspired me.

I suddenly realised that this guy sitting in my lounge is doing something surreal. Mainly because this guy is Pakistani. How many Pakistani's have the guts to do such a long journey? That too on a bike?!

This guy was special. This guy was strong, focused, ready and willing to do something. This guy had spent 2 years on saving up for this journey.

After many questions and answers, opinions and laughs, it was time for Moin to leave for Stansted Airport, where he would board the flight to Germany to get his bike again and continue his journey. He would cover 14 more countries, see many beautiful places, meet interesting people and have the journey of a life time.

Before he left, we all wanted a picture. He reached for his bag and pulled out a Pakistan flag and posed with us.

It was certainly an honour having such an inspriring, genuine and a gem of person under my roof. I feel priveleged to have had the oppurtunity to have him over and feed him some home-made Pizza.

Moin will have left the Bremen Harbour in Germany after collecting his bike by the time he reads this.

I urge all my friends to support him at least via Facebook, by liking the page Moin Khan - ADifferentAgenda | Facebook.

Moreover if anyone think they can help Moin in any way, anywhere. Do not hesitate. Let him know about where you

are.

Who knows, may be God will give you an oppurtunity as well to cater a traveller .

Also, I would like to thank Moin for coming over and honouring us to be a part of A Different Agenda.

Godspeed, see you soon in Lahore .
    Moin Khan - A Different Agenda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Day 65 - Germany - Bike pick up - Sept 13, 2011

Got out of the Bremen airport and hopped on the train

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298852

Got off the train and headed to Hauptbahnhof (central station) to get on the train to Bremerhaven where the bike was waiting for me

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298853

This guy helped me get a cab super cool

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298854

Hundreds and hundreds of these sail boats gather here for a festival.

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298855

This ferry can hold up to 6000 cars. I thought it was a building, but the cab driver said no its a ferry haha

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298856

Finally--- What should be the name!!!

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298857

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EzMotoPhoto View Post

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission - 298857
    We are not starting the naming thing all over again, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    The Honda can be named as "Ellipsis".

Ellipsis or (...) is the punctuation mark that is used to link the two sentenses where there is an intentional ommission thus being the known link between the two knowns. As the Honda is on a journey to link the two worlds, the western & the eastern it may make sense to name him/her as Ellipsis.

Beside, everyone knows that Moin is travelling from San Francisco ... Lahore (two ends known and the link is known too, being a Honda), after all its all about filling in the ellipsis with travel log details being written by you all three. Just my two cents worth.

Cheers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EzMotoPhoto View Post

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission - 298857
    Have you got the Zoll plates for your bike? (the temporary plates that are issued to tourists and export vehicles) Zoll is pronounced 'Tzol' Zoll means customs. They used to be Oval but are now rectangular like the regular plates. The Oval plates were called Zollkenzeichenen and the current rectangular Zoll plates are called Ausfuhrkennzeichenen. I'll buy you a pizza dinner if you can pronounce it correctly by the time you reach Lahore..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Day 66 - Hamburg, Germany - Sept. 14

The 162HP Cruiser 'Ducati Diavel'40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298997

Crazy wind, it bent the building a bit
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298998

A very interesting/colorful guy showed me around all day40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -298999

Spotted this beast
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299000

Hamburg port
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299001

crazy wind
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299002

They had huge camers with them, I was going to ask them if they were looking for me but i didnt want to create a scene there. You know how it is with these paparazzi....

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299003

kaam kafi theek tha

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299004

The biggest donner ive ever seen

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299005

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299006

Germans are very thoughtful. They sell highly essential stuff right at the buss stop to keep the population in control.
    Selling this idea to the China/Pakistan/India and other highly populated countries would make you rich over night.
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299007

American Muscle
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299008

Yes!! Apple knew i was going to visit so they had my name at the entrance.
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299009

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Spotted This at Custom Clearance

Spotted this mean machine when i went in the Custom Clearance compound to pick up my bike.. I asked the manager there if i can leave my bike and take this but he didnt let me. I asked him if we can make a deal and he can let me swoop this baby out, but he didnt want to bother. A true beauty.

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -1025097

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -1025098

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -1025099

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

WOW! This is awesome!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salutes... lot of respect.. and i wish to have a strong and warm handshake with you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Day 67 - Berlin, Germany - Sept. 16

I traded the machine for pedals again today to explore the city of Berlin. I got a chance to probe history as i made my way from the Berlin Wall to Hitler's office.

i just asked a local here if Berlin means City of bear and she laughed and said no thats just a joke. Berlin actually means The city in the swamp.

Hitlers Office
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299468

Came back home and Julia made us Cholay and Raita
    i ate more than i could of course
    it was yum
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299469

The woman with many talents, you guys will be finding out more about her tomorrow.
    The most interesting woman so far ive met on ADA
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299475

On my way to Berlin from Hamburg
    Riding on the Autobahn is quite an experience
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299476

The first part of the Berlin wall i say
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299477

Some history, i stayed away
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299478

Holocaust memoria. It had quite a story behind.It was dark and scary.

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299479

The Berlin gate Back
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299480

The Berlin gate Front
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299486

My lovely hosts
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299487
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -299488

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All the best of this second leg. Keeping a constant eye at ur thread. This leg will be much more interesting to me as I had travelled alot in Europe. Ofcourse not at bike.
    The pics of Hamburg and Berlin is kind of so emotional for me that I started missing one of my most memorable time that I had spend with my friend while touring Germany.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

best of luck and take care bro