0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile 40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission

Im going to be riding my motorcycle solo from Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco to Lahore, Pakistan.

Its as unplanned as it could ever be. Im hoping to last 4-5 months on the road. Not sure of the mileage ill going to be doing, probably around 25,000 miles (40,000 km). I have no idea where i will be staying for the nights, have some camping gear but no idea where the camp grounds are. Doing it on the most uncomfortable motorcycle i could find on this planet. A Sport Bike and not a BMW GS1200 haha.

Its an adventure. Adventures succeed and fail.

i will be up dating on PakWheels and u can follow me on on website.
    Departure 10th july 2011

Email
    ADifferentAgenda@gmail.com
    Website
    ADifferentAgenda
    Facebook
    Moin Khan | Facebook

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Yaroon Ka Yar

[QUOTE=EzMotoPhoto;3067828]On the 13th of September, at 11 a.m., I left Rome for Bologna. It was a perfect sunny day so I decided to take the back roads passing by Perugia, then onto Ancona, and finally reaching Bologna around 8pm. As usual, I roamed around for a couples hours looking for a cheap hostel, finally finding one and lucked out because the guy at the reception also had a Honda CBR that he raced at the track so he gave me a little discount. He told me to park right across the street at the designated motorcycle parking, so I followed his directions and parked exactly where he ask me to. Later i walked around, got dinner, and went to sleep. I woke up the next day around 10ish, showered, and got ready to leave. As I wandered downstairs to grab some free breakfast, I decided to take a quick peek at my beloved bike. I made my way outside and when I turned the corner, the whole city had turned upside down. It was a Friday and a bunch of streets near the hostel were closed off for a street fair. I walked towards my bike to see that tents had been set up on either sides of the bike and about 8-9 Italian police officers standing around my bike talking. Of course I didn't like what i saw, so i quickly jumped into the middle of the circle and said, "Thats my bike! Whats the issue??"…. and that was my first mistake.The policemen would probably have left after 10-15 mins if i had waited, and I could have smuggled my bike out of there. Being in the moment, I had no time to think and in a split decision, decided to jump in to bail my bike out. Well….BAD IDEA! The Police asked me for my driver's license, insurance, and the title of the bike. I went to get all three from my room and waited for the okay…all set…good to go…but it never came. Little did i know, the insurance i had expired 2 days earlier and instead of everything being alright, the officer turned my world upside down and said they will have to tow my bike. I found out that by having a bike on the street without insurance, I had to pay 800 EUROS on the spot cash, or else it would be towed. On top of the costly ticket, because i had a California license plate, I wasn’t allowed to take the bike till i payed in CASH. 800EUROS compared to my measly U.S. currency would have definitely have drained my account right then and there. My world was no longer upside down… I was now falling down a dark hole. I tried negotiating, but was getting nowhere. Suddenly..I had an epiphany and decided to change my story. I told them that I had actually bought insurance for two months, and had no idea why it had already expired. I tried to convince the officer for about 15 minutes that it wasn’t my fault and she kept telling me that she didnt care and all she wants is a paper saying that I was insured right now. Because I had blamed the insurance company for messing up, she let me call them to clear everything up. I ran to my room and called Arisa Insurance Group in Luxemburg. Daniel Diewerge picked up the phone, and the first question i ask I was, "Do you speak English?" I was so sure he'd reply with a no, but lo and behold… it was my lucky day! he DID speak english and I proceeded to ask him if I was able to renew my insurance that had expired 2 days earlier. I was told that I could do it over the phone but would have to transfer money from an Italian bank account and unfortunately since it was friday, they wouldn’t recieve money till monday and that was the soonest I would get insurance paper work. I ask him a few times if there is anything he could do, coming close to begging, but everything seemed impossible. I tried to explain to him my situation, telling him about ADifferentAgend, and that ill have to pay 800 EURO right now if i dont have insurance the Police is outside my room. He replied, "Sir, i can't do anything until you send the money. I'll get in trouble otherwise." When he said those magic words.. "I will get in trouble if i do",. I knew that he could issue insurance without the bank transfer and it was only a matter of making him trust me somehow. The hole I was falling into got more and more shallow, and I saw light at the end of the tunnel. After 5 more minutes of trying to convince him that i was an honest guy, i almost gave up when he said there was nothing else that he could do. I was about the shut the phone when PAYPAL came to my mind. I asked him if he used Paypal, the online money transfer service..HE DID! I the proceeded to ask him if i could send him money so he could then transfer to Arisa the insurance company and in this way he could trust me as he would get the money instantly. To my relief, he agreed. I ran down stairs, waited for his email, made the transfer, waited for the paperwork, and in 15 mins I received new insurance paper work. I printed it out and headed towards my CBR. As soon as the officers saw the papers, smiles replaced their stern faces, the conversation turned nice and sweet, and the whole ordeal suddenly ended. Everyone left and I had my bike back. It was already late in the afternoon and too late to go to the Ducati factory by this time. Someday in the future, I'll be back.

A.O.A. BROTHER-E-AZIZ - MOIN KHAN

I AM VERY HAPPY TO SEE YOU SAFE AND SOUND WITH YOUR LATEST UPDATES BUT WITH SOME ITCHING DUE TO AWKWARDNESS HAPPENED WITH YOU. I READ THE WHOLE STORY OF YOUR's BUT CANNOT UNDERSTAND HIGHLIGHTED SENTENCE THAT WHAT WAS THE MISTAKE OF YOUR?.
    SHUKAR ALLAH TALA, THE GOD SOLVED YOUR PROBLEMS IMMEDIATELY.
    KEEP IT UP AND TAKE CARE, RE-CHECKED ALL YOUR PAPERS BEFORE ENTERING IN EASTERN ZONE BECAUSE NOW BODY BOTHER DO THE WORK LIKE THIS GENTLEMAN. ANYWAY AT THE END ALLAH HAFIZ .

BEST REGARDS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just saw your Bike Accident on Facebook Bike is ruined you have its insurance right ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My bike's totaled, a couple bones are broken and new Romanian friends are made!!!

My bike's totaled, a couple bones are broken, but the will to continue and accomplish my goal is stronger than ever before. On the 20th of October, I was heading to Timisora from Arad, Romania when a car collided head-on into me. I was immediately rushed to the hospital. They initially thought I'd broken a leg in two places and my right shoulder, had cracked my pelvic bone, and fractured my right wrist. However, after getting a whole body X-ray, they discovered I only had a few ribs broken and everything else was heavily bruised and not broken. I was put on a hospital bed that was to be my bedroom, bathroom, dinning table and everything in the middle for the next few days. On the fourth day, the pain got better...a lot better. I was able to stand up for the first time and actually walked to the bathroom with the help of a few very friendly Romanians. Moulnar, the guy who was driving the car that hit me, came to visit me every day. The Police paid a few visits. But the people who helped me get through this 'not so amazing' time were Cristinel and his wife, Julieta, Daniel, Niko and Barboo. Without their help, I would be in a different situation right now.

I'll update more soon. I have too many details to share and i want you guys to go through each day with me, so i'll start daily updates on my progress. ADifferentAgenda is on hold for a few weeks till I'm able to fully walk and my ribs heal up. I've already started looking for a new bike, let's see how that goes. The real adventure starts now. Going around the world on a motorcycle is surely a lot of fun, but it has its dangers: people driving their cars and not looking and taking a left turn in your lane is definitely not fun! Then again, if everything was perfect in this world, it'd be too boring, no?

I told my family about this incident yesterday and after a five minute conversation my father said, "Start looking for a new motorcycle and resume your journey, don't let these minor obstacles keep you from achieving your goal"

Its hard to find a father like this, i cant be thankful enough for this much support. Jalal Khan i can only dream of having as much heart as you do.

Everyone will go, some sooner than others. The most important thing is to do what you love the most till you die, and if you die doing that, then its the best thing to ever happen to you - Moin Khan

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317329

I flew from where the bike is right now to where the picture is taken from

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get well soon Moin. We (Pakistani) are proud of you.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EzMotoPhoto View Post
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission - 317329

It comes as a shock, to know abt the accident you have met. Wish you get well soon.

Being a father myself, I know how hard could any of such news be to a father, of his son meeting an accident this severe as the one you've met. But hail your father's resolve and strength. He must be very proud of having fathered a son like you!

But I believe its your mother's prayers that have saved you from anything more severe than what you have experienced. Forget her not and send her pictures of your improving health regularly.

Hail all those strangers who are better than 'friends' in looking after you while you needed it the most.

All the best!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    67 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My bike's totaled, a couple bones are broken, but the will to continue and accomplish my goal is stronger than ever before. On the 20th of October, I was heading to Timisora from Arad, Romania when a car collided head-on into me. I was immediately rushed to the hospital. They initially thought I'd broken a leg in two places and my right shoulder, had cracked my pelvic bone, and fractured my right wrist. However, after getting a whole body X-ray, they discovered I only had a few ribs broken and everything else was heavily bruised and not broken. I was put on a hospital bed that was to be my bedroom, bathroom, dinning table and everything in the middle for the next few days. On the fourth day, the pain got better...a lot better. I was able to stand up for the first time and actually walked to the bathroom with the help of a few very friendly Romanians. Moulnar, the guy who was driving the car that hit me, came to visit me every day. The Police paid a few visits. But the people who helped me get through this 'not so amazing' time were Cristinel and his wife, Julieta, Daniel, Niko and Barboo. Without their help, I would be in a different situation right now.

I'll update more soon. I have too many details to share and i want you guys to go through each day with me, so i'll start daily updates on my progress. ADifferentAgenda is on hold for a few weeks till I'm able to fully walk and my ribs heal up. I've already started looking for a new bike, let's see how that goes. The real adventure starts now. Going around the world on a motorcycle is surely a lot of fun, but it has its dangers: people driving their cars and not looking and taking a left turn in your lane is definitely not fun! Then again, if everything was perfect in this world, it'd be too boring, no?

I told my family about this incident yesterday and after a five minute conversation my father said, "Start looking for a new motorcycle and resume your journey, don't let these minor obstacles keep you from achieving your goal"

Its hard to find a father like this, i cant be thankful enough for this much support. Jalal Khan i can only dream of having as much heart as you do.

Everyone will go, some sooner than others. The most important thing is to do what you love the most till you die, and if you die doing that, then its the best thing to ever happen to you - Moin Khan

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission - 317329

OMG horible newz and a truly horrible sight....
    i hope u get well soon and get back on road. Allah b with u man...

PLz also recite some prayers b4 starting ur journey. it will keep all harm away from u Inshallah.......

if u dont know any perticular prayer recite Ayat-al-Kursi man....
    LEGENDS OF THE NORTH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get well soon May ALLAH bless you & protect you.
    דאס איז ייִדיש רייטינג.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get well soon bravo
    Why depreciation factor is not applicable to Pakistani corolla ????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are a Strong man Bro...!
    It is really very difficult Task though.....

God and All Pw members prayers are with you....you should be fine soon,and back to your journey again....!
    Detailing a day,Keeps the swirls away

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Day 102 - Arad, Romania - Crash pictures

Woke up around 10:30 and was on the bike around 11:30ish headed towards Timisoara

Romanians are known to be very religious and i could see that as there were these magnificent church/cathedrals on every corner

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317493

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317494

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317495

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317497
    i kept stopping every few seconds as this small city of Arad had a lot to offer. Rich history, stunning old architecture and of course gorgeous women
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317498

And then just 20 minutes south of Arad i meet the ground i flew like superman

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317499

windscreen cracked
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317500
    my bags flew in all four directions
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317501
    everybody over there was sure i had multiple fractures in my left leg, it did hurt like a ......!!!

Yet, for ADifferentAgenda i smuggled my camera out and handed it to some stranger to take pictures.
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317502
    Ambulance was pretty quick
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317503
    This is how i look like when i cry

i was making a video and i said the magic words, "i love you Pakistan" and the doctor in the ambulance with me started to cry too..

You'll see this video soon
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317504
    I was rushed to the ER. A bunch of test, x-rays and some random stuff and i was put on a bed where this thing hung right above my face.
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317505
    First day, the ice hadn't broken yet between my roomates and myself.

Thats Niko, who would play a mothers role for the next 4 days
    40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317506
    thats Barboo who was the 2nd mother for 4 days

"without these guys it would have been a different situation"

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317507
    i have some stories with this sink hahaha

i dont think i should share here because the Romanian Police might come arrest me haha

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -317508

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OMG. Thank god u r okay. News is horrible but glad to know u're determined on ur agenda. I wish u all the very very best for ur trip.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hope u get better soon mate...glad u are fine...All our prayers are with u man...I do particularly love how u take out your camera every time That pretty cool...as for the bike...is she really damaged that bad? She was just an integral part of the journey as you... Cant she be saved somehow?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get well soon bro...IA u will recover soon...we all are praying for ur safe journey
    nd do welcome you with the best way when you reach Pakistan
    I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't =)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy

your making us emotional too Man!!! you have a strong Heart!!!!

This is how i look like when i cry
    i was making a video and i said the magic words, "i love you Pakistan" and the doctor in the ambulance with me started to cry too..

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ambulance ride in Romania!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How are nurses in the hospital?
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get well sooon Moin bhai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy

Its really sad to see you like this...
    May Almighty keep you safe and I pray you get recovered soon.
    Umar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Insha Allah you will be up and running in few days.Looking farward to see you travelling again and safly come to Lahore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

InshAllah you will be better very soon & we will be enjoying your remaining trip pics, we all Pakistanis really proud of you. Allah bless you & give courage to you to achieve your goal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

User Tag List