0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile 40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission

Im going to be riding my motorcycle solo from Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco to Lahore, Pakistan.

Its as unplanned as it could ever be. Im hoping to last 4-5 months on the road. Not sure of the mileage ill going to be doing, probably around 25,000 miles (40,000 km). I have no idea where i will be staying for the nights, have some camping gear but no idea where the camp grounds are. Doing it on the most uncomfortable motorcycle i could find on this planet. A Sport Bike and not a BMW GS1200 haha.

Its an adventure. Adventures succeed and fail.

i will be up dating on PakWheels and u can follow me on on website.
    Departure 10th july 2011

Email
    ADifferentAgenda@gmail.com
    Website
    ADifferentAgenda
    Facebook
    Moin Khan | Facebook

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EzMotoPhoto View Post
    Latest update on the bike:
    bike is still in Arad, Romania. it was transported to a workshop 2-3 days ago, special thanks to Daniel for co-ordinating everything. They took all the damaged parts apart and sent me pictures.

The parts that need replacement are

-forks
    -exhaust manifold
    -both upper and lower tripple
    -radiator
    -front wheel
    -fuel tank
    -maybe some other small stuff..

i talked to the mechanic and he said he has a cbr900 front end at his house and that should fit easy, radiator and fuel tank he said he is trying to find and that he needs a few more days. i told him he can take weeks because im still on the damn bed.

I mailed the bike key to the mechanic today and he's going to let me know if the engine is alright or not. if he says the engines fine then he will start the work. if he charges me too much then ill try to max-out my credit-card and finish this journey. i would love to do it on my f4i and if that means ill have to move back to the bay to work and save up again for a year to pay my credit cards off im willing to do that.

it will just be cool to take my helmet off in my garage in Lahore, Pakistan on this damn f4i that brought me down twice haha..
    I am assuming that you were running on minimum insurance since you talked about maxing out on your credit cards to get the bike fixed. How about Daniel? Was he running on the minimum insurance too? Because have had he been on comprehensive insurance plan, his insurance company could pay up for getting your bike fixed and in absolute case, even replaced.

Let us know the facts about the insurances, both on you as well as on Daniel, would you please?

Man I wish every Paki had a resolve like you...me included! Best of luck with the bike and the rest of the errand.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Moin, sorry to hear about you and your bike. wishing you all the best bro and looking forward to a successful conclusion to your journey.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of all, Salam to All.

i would like to say here that there is something really tough in Zaman Park's Blood. i see Imran khan's love too for Pakistan and now its Moin Khan who is coming down to Pakistan from USA on a sports bike.

i started seeing this journey all the way from the start and now i got to know that Moin Crashed into a Car but thank to Allah that he is safe and no major injury occured which could have sent him back home or out of the journey, so far with the bike i think its repairable if the parts get available and the money is arranged to get all the parts bought and shipped to the mechanic who is fixing it. Moin believe me if i had that much of money i could have chipped in. one of my Very good friend lives in Zaman park he is name is Karim Khan, and most of your cusins are my friends too.

dude i want to see you here in Lahore and on this Damn same bike, i am sure you will make home soon on that bike. i will offer namaz for your safety and ask my uncle for special prayer for your success in your goal, who is gone on hajj.

May all Allah's Blessings be upon you. good luck and keep the spirits highest. i'll be there to greet you man, with a big smile and some Gift. i Promise

5. 05-11-2011, 07:42 AM

Site Banned

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but it wont be this adventurous and happening, would it be???, comon man...some people live for the world and some people live for their dreams and he is one of them, I for one will be glad to see him accomplishing his lifelong dream..he will make us all wonder, what to do with this life?follow the world or your dreams and passion...just lub the feeling of it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its all how we perceive his journey as, but from the point of view i see this, its not only his dream, but he is also doing a good cause by spreading the true picture of Pakistan through his journey. if you see all his videos you will know what exactly is the point of his journey..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamidlovesjeep View Post
    emirates 1st class would be cheaper and less risky than this
    yes exactly BUT you cant live a life in emirates first class.
    דאס איז ייִדיש רייטינג.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Glad to know u're getting better and the bike is coming to life again. Im sure u'll get all the parts for ur bike.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up I read an article on StuntBums they are helping Moin...

See Moins last messege at StuntBums :

**UPDATE 11-6-2011**

I got almost everything donated, all I need now is front brake master cylinder & lever, a Radiator and a headlight (any aftermarket headlight should work).

I know someone whose flying to Romania from San Francisco on the 15th of November. If you have something lying around that you need to get rid off, I'll pay for shipping and my friend can bring it to me from San Francisco.. ADifferentAgenda@gmail.com

THANK YOU STUNTBUMS!!!!!

-Moin

LINK:

Help Moin: Donate a Part, Get a Tee! | StuntBums
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thamk You PW

hello/Salam PakWheelers!!
    i hope you guys are well and enjoying ADifferentAgenda as much as i am.. Now that im resting at home, i have more time to read comments and reply to them on different forums im a part of. I visit Pakwheels quite often but barely get a chance to post here. i thought ill take some extra time out for you guys today, because the support i get from you guys is pretty astonishing.

im recovering pretty quickly, there is still some pain in my shoulders and back due to the ribs being broken in the scapula. legs are better now, i do walk around but after 10-15 minutes of walking the pain comes back.. but Allah ka shuker its getting better.

About the bike, a lot of people from USA have helped me find parts, a lot of them were donated by fellow riders in California, they didnt ask for money at all and this is what i love about our motorcycle community. does not matter what color you are or what country or religion you belong to, if you need help, bikers from all over the world get together to help you out..

a lot of people asked me about insurance on my bike.. well i got the cheapest insurance and that only covered the damage that i cause to the other party and not my own damage. and this is because insurance is too expensive and now me being in europe for more 3 months. i wouldnt have been able to pay 300 EUROS a month for full coverage. now because the other guy driving the car was at fault his insurance should have covered me but because he was so poor, he didnt have insurance at all.. youll know more about this in my next post, ive been writing an article for the past few days, but with just one hand it gets hard.

i hope to start again very soon, on the same bike inshAllah.

Thanks for the support Pakwheelers, cant wait to see all of you in Pakistan.

Moin Khan
    ADifferentAgenda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A day that cant be forgotton. RIP SIC 58 - You will be remembered as a hero.

A long journey far from home, from a daily routine, and from familiar faces gets hard sometimes, but I did my best to prepare for the change of norm before hitting the asphalt. I knew the risks involved, and had to accept them in order for ADifferentAgenda to materialize. Starting this adventure was the best decision I have made in my life and I've enjoyed easy days as well as the tough ones. Even then, there are days that I wished would end sooner, but have come to realize in retrospect that they are the ones that will never be forgotten and have given me important lessons of life.

Oct. 23 2011 was one of those days. A series of unfortunate news and events would unfold throughout the day. First thing that morning, I was able to visit my bike for the first time and found out it's completely totaled. The mechanic who was storing it for me offered 300EUROS for it. 300EUROS... are you serious? Then I received news that the police had determined that the car driver was at fault, but unfortunately he doesn't have insurance, not even the minimum basic liability insurance. Which meant if I wanted any money out of him I'd have to sue, take him to court, and let the judge order him to pay up. I knew that the guy who crashed into me was very poor and had little kids he could barely afford to raise. I told the police I didn't want to sue him for money, he was free to go... along with the hopes of seeing my bike alive again.

Well, the bad day continued when right after the police left, i found out news that had left the world in stupor. I was in a state of shock...not knowing what to do. Was this even possible? Why him? Why do all the cool people leave us before the not so cool ones do?? Marco Simoncelli the rising star, the crazy one, the next champion had passed away in a horrific crash during the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia. I was heart broken, the already awful day just turned into the worst day ever. Sic, you will be remembered forever *58*

Days passed by and 25th finally arrived; the day I'm scheduled to leave the hospital. I was told the night before that the doctor would be in at 8am and that I should be up to see her otherwise she would just leave. So I set an alarm on my phone for 7:30am, and attempted to sleep. I failed miserably.... I was too excited to finally being able to escape the damn hospital. Niko, my friend kept me company with conversations all night and at sunrise, we went for a little walk. The doctor arrived around 10:30am, entered my room, and went around checking the files. She picked up my file for no more than 10 seconds and then left the room without uttering a single word. I waited for 10 mins on the bed and there was still no sign of the doctor returning. I asked the nurse what happened with the doctor and she proceeded in telling me that the doctor had ordered that I stayed one more day and I'd have to take one last x-ray the next day before I'd be allowed to leave. Upon hearing this, I jumped out of the bed at the speed of a snail and made my way to the doctor's office. There was a huge line by the door, but I just went straight inside and in my obnoxiously loud Pakistani English accent I almost shouted, "Excuse me doctor, I dont want to stay another day here in your hospital. If you want to get an x-ray, You can do it right now, but I'm leaving today no matter what. Because I'm not a local, you're charging me 3 times more than usual whereas I could easily go stay at the hotel right across the street that charges half the price of this hospital and is at least 5 times more cleaner." The doctor's jaw dropped. She asked me in a very polite voice to wait in my room. In less than 5 minutes a random guy in a funny orange suit came to my room shouting, "KHAN KHAN KHAN???" then uttered something else in Romanian. I didn't understand what he was saying but I could tell he wanted me to follow him. We walked down stairs and straight to the radiology room. There was a big line, but we went straight in and within 3 minutes i was out with my x-rays and permission to leave the hospital. After everything was packed, i made my way down stairs towards the exit where Chirstenel's wife, who happened to be a nurse at this very hospital, was waiting for me in her car. We then went to a bank close by so i could withdraw all the money in my account out to pay the hospital. They wanted to be paid in Lei, the local Currency.

The hospital bill was about 4900 LEI ($1550) and i had 5100 LEI ($1613) in my bank account. Perfect... I was about to be officially broke with exactly $63 after i payed off the hospital bill. That didn't worry me so much because I knew where there's a will, there's a way. Possible scenarios came to my head and I thought I would just start working here in Romania for a little while and save up to resume the journey. So I slid my ATM card in the ATM machine and it gave me an Error. I tried about 15 times before i accepted the fact that my card didnt work. I was screwed. I tried another bank close by with no luck. There was nothing else to do but to return back to the hospital. When we got there, I went to the storage room to gather all my stuff to be loaded into the car. Cristinel suddenly appeared and i told him the situation. He told me that he was going to ask them if I was able to pay later. We headed to the counter, inquired about the situation, and were directed to the head accounting lady at the back. We walked towards the back and found ourselves in a small crammed office that had one too much furniture. The lady sitting on the desk had too much jewelry and paint on and her hair was dyed so golden it had seemed like she had her hair on fire for a while. I was overwhelmed with a very bad feeling...she seemed not so friendly, i dont know why. ("Never judge a book by it cover.")

I sat and watched Cristinel and the lady converse in Romanian, not understanding anything except a few words: Pakistanieze, Motorchaclate, ATM, Arad, Accident, Moulnar, Insurance, blah blah.. I knew he was trying to convince her about something by explaining the situation.. After 25 minutes of waiting and having not a single clue of what was going on, I see her writing something on a piece of paper and handing it over to us as she ushered us out of the office.

I asked Cristenel to fill me in which he replied with, "there is some good news," and that he'd tell me in the car.

He told me he had booked a flight for me to Bucharest where a distant cousin/relative was waiting for me but we had to hurry because we still had to pay for the ticket and the receipt had to be scanned to the airline company for confirmation before i was allowed on the plane. After 2 hours of taking care of all the documents for my flight, I'd realized that somehow my credit card decided to work perfectly again. Is someone up there planning this whole thing?? Right after we got everything settled, Moulnar, the guy who crashed into me, called me on my cell phone and as I don't understand Romanian, I gave the phone to Cristenel who tells me that Moulnar wanted to see me one last time and that he was waiting for us at the hospital. We rush back to the hospital, and see Moulnar there with the biggest smile on his face and a few tears rolling down his cheeks. I got out of the car and we hugged like two old friends.. He thanked for not taking him to court and suing him. I told him, "We Muslims forgive everyone and you should tell your kids too that Muslims are good people."

He then told me that he took all the money out of his bank account and wanted me to take it.. I thought maybe he was offering a million and I'd just take a quarter of that, but instead he offered me about 250EURO. I felt so bad for this man, hugged him again and told him not to worry about it... Everything's good. We exchanged good byes and before taking a seat in the car, I asked Cristenel to ask Moulnar for one more thing. "Moulnar, you crashed into me, it was your fault, my bones broke and i lost my bike.. You didn't lose much, so to pay me back, I want you to go to your church for 30 days straight, 5 hours everyday, and pray for my recovery so that I can get back on the bike quick." He smiled and chuckled and we drove off..

We had to rush towards the airport. It was an hour away from where we were at that time and the flight desk was supposed to close in exactly 50 minutes... It seemed like we had already missed the flight but Cristenel was determined, he said that he'd drive fast so maybe we'd get there in time....

After driving for about 20 minutes we got to the same exact stretch where I had crashed. Going past it was weird.. I felt dizzy, then I laughed, then I fell quiet for a bit, and then realized.. oh damn, I should've made a video.

When we were about 20 mins from the airport, Cristenel said, "That accounting lady was really nice. She felt sorry for you, Moin, so she wrote the hospital's account number on the paper and said that you could pay later. Just when we were about to leave her office though, she told me that if you didn't pay, you wouldn't be the first Romanian who didn't pay. So Moin, you don't have to pay and because it's a government hospital they will collect money from the government and because it's not your fault at all... its all good." I felt bad, but the smile on my face was a mile long.

We arrived to the airport and found out that the flight was delayed about 20 minutes. So i got into the airport without an issue, boarded the plane, and flew off to Bucharest. When i arrived in Bucharest, my cousin Umair greeted me at the airport and ushered me into the car and took me home... A HOME AT LAST.

The next day Daniel called and said, "Moin, you don't have to worry about the bike, I have it with me, its safe, and I will have the bike ready before you are ready to ride it."

It seems like someone's playing a very intense bone breaking game of chess, but He really knows how to win because He has shown some amazing skills. I always thought it was funny how our Pakistani cricket players come in front of the microphone/camera and say I WANT TO THANK ALLAH before saying anything else. Well I'm here now, about to say the same thing. I want to thank Allah for making all of this such a breeze. Everything that has happened for the past few months seemed so planned yet, unplanned. Things have just been turning in my favor. The ATM card not working when I had to pay the hospital, but suddenly worked the same day when i had to pay for the air ticket. Seriously...whats going on?? I don't understand it myself..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seems someone up there is looking out for you! Be safe!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im so glad after reading the detail post about how r u and everything.
    Allah is with u and its very obvious to all. God bless u and keep updating us about Bucharest. I have a very good Romanian friend during my studies at Oslo University (Norway) and we went on euro tour together, he was from Bucharest and I would say that he gave me a really really good image of Romanians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Super article!!!!!!!!!!!

Super article!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EzMotoPhoto View Post

I told him, "We Muslims forgive everyone and you should tell your kids too that Muslims are good people."
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ZABARDAST!!!!!!! This is called Jisay Allah rakhy usay kon chakhy !!!

Amazing......

MOIN Update :
    Its 10pm here in Romania and i just received a call from a stranger saying "I found a radiator for your Honda motorbike, im coming to pick you up and then we go check out the radiator," oh man, im super stoked!!! He rides motorcycles too so of course i can trust him haha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Day 123 - Wheelies+Stoppies = Friendship+Radiator

Dana from Barf moved to the US from Romania some time ago, messaged me asking me if I needed any help in Romania. I said I definitely did, so he gave me a number to a local Mechanic here. Upon calling the mechanic, he gave me a phone number of a local stunter here in Bucharest by the name of Sorin. I called him asking him if he would be able to find me a honda f4i radiator and he replied saying that he'd call around to look for one and would let me know. 2 - 3 days passed by and I still didn't hear from Sorin, so I went ahead and started to look for another radiator on the internet.
    I found one in Georgia, USA and sent $140 for it through paypal. The next day when the seller went to ship it, the shipping ended up being 4 times more than what he thought it'd be so he asked me for 90 more dollars. I told him that I couldn't be spending that much money on a radiator so he refunded me back. Bummed and not knowing what to do, I called Sorin again the following morning to look for a radiator and he told me that he knows a guy named Adi who has a radiator but he doesn't want to sell it because it was a reserve for his stuntbike.. I asked Sorin for Adi's phone number and gave Adi a call.. I called, told him I was Khan, traveling from San Francisco to Pakistan on a f4i, that I crashed few days ago and now looking for some parts. He said he knows about ADifferentAgenda and had seen the crash pictures..A huge smile crept on my face but I tried to play it cool... haha.. he said he has a reserve radiator for his bike that he didn't want to sell but he'll call me in a bit after he looks around Bucharest for an extra radiator .. After about 2 hours he called and told me he was coming to pick me up..YESSS... LET'S GO!!... he took me to the IKEA spot, stunted for a bit, and then after loading back his bike he got two radiators out of his car.. One was in a not-so-good condition full with bumps and bruises, but the other one was in perfect shape, almost brand new. He told me that the radiator in mint condition was his reserve one and that he bought the other one today for me. He continued to say that I should take the newer one and that he would take the broken one. Again, I was left speechless, not knowing what to say. Such a cool guy.. we had just met less than an hour ago...he had picked me up from my place, took me to the stuntspot just to get my blood pumping, gifted me the radiator that was in better condition than the other one, and then just dropped me home. Such amazing people all around.. leaving me in awe. Thanks Adi, it'll be hard to forget this day all because of you.. Thanks again!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get well soon bhai
    we too love u n PAKISTAN
    awaiting your arrival
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zardast,wish you a speedy recovery,Hope u reach Pakistan safe and sound.

Dont let the negative talk bother you, where there is a will there is always a way. First hand experience!
    In this country you gotta make the money first.then when you get the money you get the power.Then when u get the power you get your girl.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its past midnight and I'm at the Buchrest International Airport waiting for the motorcycle parts. The flight they are on is delayed by 45 minutes. However I'm having a blast because there is free Internet here and I have the best, latest, freshest stunting videos and news all on one site and that's StuntBums.com of course. Leah and Anthony keep up the good work!!!

Moin Khan
    ADifferentAgenda
    דאס איז ייִדיש רייטינג.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

17th November: Its past midnight and I'm at the Buchrest International Airport waiting for the motorcycle parts. The flight they are on is delayed by 45 minutes. However I'm having a blast because there is free Internet here and I have the best, latest, freshest stunting videos and news all on one site and that's StuntBums.com of course. Leah and Anthony keep up the good work!!!

18th November: The day after, i send off the parts to Arad

and then i found out about brad's crash (OaklandLion) and it was just horrible.. i felt sick to my stomach, the whole day i felt so bummed. i hope you recover soon Brad.

Updated my facebook and a lot of prayers from all over the world are your way

18th November: URGENT!! A good friend of mine, Brad (OaklandLion) crashed his dirt bike while off-roading in California. He's in the ICU in a critical condition. Please send some prayers his way.. He came to the Golden Gate Bridge to see me off on my journey, and now just a week ago he donated his brand new helmet to me so i dont use my crashed one. A really amazing guy to be around, PLEASE pray he gets up on his feet soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

User Tag List