0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile 40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission

Im going to be riding my motorcycle solo from Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco to Lahore, Pakistan.

Its as unplanned as it could ever be. Im hoping to last 4-5 months on the road. Not sure of the mileage ill going to be doing, probably around 25,000 miles (40,000 km). I have no idea where i will be staying for the nights, have some camping gear but no idea where the camp grounds are. Doing it on the most uncomfortable motorcycle i could find on this planet. A Sport Bike and not a BMW GS1200 haha.

Its an adventure. Adventures succeed and fail.

i will be up dating on PakWheels and u can follow me on on website.
    Departure 10th july 2011

Email
    ADifferentAgenda@gmail.com
    Website
    ADifferentAgenda
    Facebook
    Moin Khan | Facebook

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tuesday at 6:21am ยท On the Ph with Moin: I am at the Iran boarder No one speaks English here. They are talking about some Carnet and i am pretending that i haven't heard that word before... I am sitting at the custom chief's office. Convincing him... lets see how it goes. I showed him my jacket and he seems to be interested in putting the Irani flag on my back.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tuesday at 1:14pm:IRAN IRAN IRAN IRAN IRAN IRAN IRAN IRAN IRAN!!!!!
    After almost half a day at the Bazargan border between Turkey and Iran.. IM FINALLY IN IRAN!!!!
    I cant believe this myself.. Facebook updates will be slow as Facebook is blocked in Iran..
    So I will be updating you guys through my brother, Mohy Bhai..
    Now everyone say "THAANKKK YOUUU MOHY BHAII!!!!"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankkkkkk youuuuuu mohy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bump: Is there any method of contacting Moin directly?? Is he still able to receive messages from his link in blog?
    ~Love for All Hatred For None~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Great Effort and excellent post

Really enjoyed the pictures you have uploaded, specially from Turkey. I have been to Turkey afeter seeing your pictures I want to go there again.
    Praying that you have a safe journey specially when you reach Pakistan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looking forward for your arrival in Lahore...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Entered Iran yesterday. So far so good, no issues what so ever...

I thought I'd share with you guys a little bit of what happened at the customs office. After receiving my turkish exit stamp on my U.S passport.. I had tried to hide it deep under my belongings thinking it might do worse for my situation. That is why I have to put this out there, without the blue passport, all this wouldnt have gone through this smoothly.. actually all this wouldnt have gone through at all.. The opportunities that the United states have given me are amazing, Thanks U.S. I love you!

I don't want to write down the whole process of how I eventually got through to the other side of the border, but if anyone is serious enough about traveling through Iran, I'll be more than happy to help out after I get home.

This little story i want to share is instead about people, stereotypical opinions, and swaying those opinions. Let's just say that I could probably have gotten myself into a lot of trouble but I was stubborn and argued till i saw that everyone was nodding their heads in agreement with me..

While waiting for the Carnet issue to be solved, I spent a few hours sitting with about 5 guys in a large lobby room. 4 of the 5 spoke no English at all, so the 5th guy became the translator for our conversations. I had already taken off all of my riding gear and had them stacked on a table with the jacket being at the very bottom. After a while, I excused myself to stretch my legs and on my return saw one guy wearing my helmet and another wearing my jacket just sitting and talking casually. I started to chuckle a bit, not because it was a funny sight, but to calm myself before I had a heart attack... I wanted to slap the guy wearing my helmet. Rule number one: you don't touch my helmet. Rule number 2: you never ever, ever put it on.

Anyways, those guys started talking about the jacket and the flags, telling me they were pretty impressed that I rode on the bike through all of those countries. Out of the blue, one guy pointed at the American flag and said something in Farsi. I thought this would be trouble for sure. The translator then said, "He says he does not like America, fu*k America."

My face lost all signs of happiness, and it probably seemed like I had never smiled a day in my life before. I was angry to say the least. I told the translator to ask that guy if he had ever been to America? The guy replied with a no.. then I asked if he had ever met an American in which he replied that he had met a few at the border. I asked if they were bad people and if they did anything bad to him? He replied by saying that they were tourists, so it was necessary for them to behave at the border or they wouldn't have been allowed entry from him.. I proceeded to tell him that I had lived in America for 6 years. I went to school with Americans, rode motorcycles with them, went to their houses, and hung out doing things that friends do. I love Americans..

Oh yea... I knew I had slipped and shouldn't have said that. There was 4 pairs of eyes giving me the longest stares.. 4 men breathing heavily with their fists clenched.. ok, so they weren't breathing THAT heavily.. but you get my point. They stared at me and said something along the lines of "Americans hate muslims, they bomb muslims!" I disagreed. I told them stories of how random people in America invited me to their house for dinner and gave me a warm bed to sleep during my journey. I mentioned ERIC WAGNER who took me into his house in Portland, Oregon and the lady who took me in her house in Omaha, Nebraska.. I told them American people weren't the ones that were bad, the problems lays within its government just like ...before i finished my sentence, someone exclaimed Yes!! Fu*k Bush! and another said fu*ck Bama..... Bama?? Obama???? hahaha! I exploded with laughter and said yes.. the problem is there, regular Americans are like you and me.. very nice people. They nodded and i finally saw a few smiles. Then suddenly, all at once they asked me how the women were in AMEERIIKA hahahaha

When we stereotype, we forget the individual. I've learned to get past the hatred of the whole, and learn to appreciate each person as their own individual. It is the only way we can find more room for love.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity
    Martin Luther King

Every gas station I stopped at, the employees would force me, physically pulling me off the bike to make me go inside. They made me sit next to a heater and made me drink chai (tea). A bit too friendly hahaha. Such AMAZING people i happen upon!. Anywhere I stopped to ask for directions, groups would gather around the bike and I would be bombarded with a million questions. Duniya tour?? (world tour??),, Tourist?,,, American?.. How much Dollar motorciklest??

The guards at the border scared the hell out of me by continuously warning be about how careful I had to be. They advised that I should not take a single picture in Iran since the police didn't like it and I'd likely get into a lot of trouble if I was caught... I haven't taken a single picture yet but i think that will change with the rides to come.

Truckers here are pretty insane, they treat motorcyclists like pebbles on the road. At one point during the ride, the roads merged into one lane on both sides. I see one truck overtaking another truck...so that meant a truck is in my lane coming straight at me.. I thought he would brake and return to his own lane, but nope. That didn't happen. He continued straight at me until I had to ride off my lane and onto the shoulder. Did i mention that the shoulder was about the size of my rear tire?! I went off the road, into the dirt, and the truck didn't even move an inch. My bike slid right and left in the wet dirt, and I thought my fourth crash was about to happen but I somehow ended back on the road. I had my BARF signature sign up in the air, i hope they understood.

Im now in Tabriz, about 600KM from Tehran. It is still very cold and foggy. Temperatures are still in the negatives but no longer -23 Siberian weather. The riding is still pretty rough with roads far from perfect condition, slippery with a lot of potholes. There are stray dogs and donkeys that come chasing you in the middle of the road and because of the fog, I cant see anything in front of me with the visor down. So for 5.5 hours today, I had the visor up. The water in my eyes froze.. it was so painful to blink.. and frost painted my eyebrows and mustache white. the zippers on my shoes are no longer functional, so now my feet are even colder. The Visor on my helmet is broken from the side..and won't shut down all the way. Everything seems to be going backwards and sideways, however, I'm going forward, heading the right way.. the way to Pakistan..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^
    Dude when when you come home ; you ought to write a book or something about this epic journey of yours.
    "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility. The fact that it is comprehensible is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We welcome you Moin Bhai to our lovely country.... hope ur rest of the journey will be safe and sound... ALLAH ap ko apni hifzoo aman main rakhy
    Aoo Namaz Taraf, Beshak Namaz main he hamari bhalai ha...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I finally got to Tehran!! Let me tell you.. it was the longest day ever. I left the hotel at 9 in the morning and reached a friend's place in Tehran around 6 in the evening. A long/hectic/fun day to say the least. Unfortunately, it's still pretty cold outside. The temperature in Tabriz was around -8 when i left, but it kept getting warmer and warmer as I went south. Snow still blanketed the side of the roads and it continued to get foggier and foggier. It reminded me of my San Francisco.. which reminds me of a fog story about San Francisco...

A cousin of mine visited San Francisco from Pakistan to attend her friend's wedding for a couple of days, so i took her around the city. We went to Lombard street, Haight-Ashbury district, and of course the famous Castro street where she almost fainted from shock. When we finally went to go see the Golden Gate Bridge, I parked at vista point and she looked at me confused. "Where is the Bridge??! "ITS RIGHT THERE!!!!" i gestured at the fog... "where?? right there??? but i cant see!!!" Hahahaha, It was sooo foggy that the whole bridge had disappeared.. we walked halfway down the bridge and still couldn't make out the the main structure. My poor cousin had to leave San Francisco without a famous Golden Gate picture =(

Anyways, back to the ride report. The Road wasn't the best in world from Tabriz to Tehran. It was a three lane highway, but littered with patches of potholes and rubble. AND..you wont believe it. COPS WERE EVERYWHERE.. Turkey was amazing in this regard, California highways, it was perfect the whole way with not a single cop in sight..okay i lied. One. There will be a video on that..and yes, to answer your question, i got my first speed ticket.. but hey, I didn't have to pay

I ended up running out of gas for the second time and luckily I've been carrying an extra 5-6 liters with me. When i finally got to the gas station i was received by the most pleasant surprise. The gas station was out of electricity! As I stood around for about an hour waiting to get gas a random dude came by and pointed at my rear tire. When I took a look at it, i was greeted by another pleasant surprise. A big fat nail was plugged in the tire. Just my luck.. right?! YES! That guy who pointed out the nail also happened to own a tire shop just around the corner. My bike was immediately rushed to his shop. He pulled out his tubeless tire repair tools, got some pliers, and pulled the nail out. What do you know... The tire still retained air, there were no signs of a puncture wound. He poured water on it to check for leaks and nope, it was perfect. My baby wasn't injured after all. I hopped back on my bike and headed back to the gas station.. Around 5-6 guys surrounded my bike and took pictures posing with it. A kid came by on a bicycle and stood gazing at my bike.. I told him that if he let me ride his bike then I'd let him sit on mine. He didn't hesitate for a moment before handing over his 2 wheels. I put my go-pro camera on my head and tried to pull some wheelies on the bicycle, but my wrists has yet to regain full function. I came back after less than a minute but the kid sat on the bike for 20 minutes and I finally had to tell him to get off because it was finally my turn to get gas.

So I reached Tehran, after going through a lot of traffic, huge wide highways, and I realized I had no idea where to go. LOST?? I kept going around and around the city, then spotted a cool tower that resembled the Seattle Space Needle. I parked the bike and approached a guy i saw standing in the parking lot. He spoke decent english, thank God... We spoke for a few minutes, and he kindly explained to my friend over the phone my location. Luckily i was just 5 minutes away from her home!.She came to pick me up and I followed her to her house. I've been staying in Tehran with her and her family for the past 2 days, they made some amazing Irani dishes and I've probably gained a few pounds in the last 2 days. I will be heading south toward Mirjawa/Taftan border tomorrow.. i cant wait.. Pakistan finally!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow wow wow!!! u nearly there u can smell the eastern breeze flying through Pakistan!!!! u did it LIONHEART ur nearly there!!following u on facebook regularly!!! we all are waiting for ur arrival here!!
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your dream is about to come true Moin. Hats off to you.
    Founding partner at Jeep safari Pakistan
    (www.jeepsafaripakistan.com / facebook.com/jeepsafaripakistan)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is Moin's expected date of arrival in Lahore?

Is he going to take that Iranian boarder route all through Balochistan?? I heard its not very safe...or is it??
    ~Love for All Hatred For None~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Moin would be Entering Pakistan Border may be in NEXT hour from NOW. Just saw his Update.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No Pics from Iran?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly my concern... I'd suggest that he should discuss his route with FC/Army officials at Pakistan Border. Moving with FC/Army convey would be better I suggest..

Quote Originally Posted by STUNNER View Post

Is he going to take that Iranian boarder route all through Balochistan?? I heard its not very safe...or is it??
    '73 Corona MarkII...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello, any updates please ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

he crossed the border last day entered Pakistan officailly my Wild Guess he must be near lahore by now

Quote Originally Posted by ersal View Post
    hello, any updates please ??
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here is the latest updates... great job!!

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission -345092

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best Of Luck With Best Wishes ... Drive Safe ..
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farooq05 View Post
    here is the latest updates... great job!!

40k KM on a sports Bike from USA to LAHORE SOLO Mission - 345092
    Pictures please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

User Tag List